Why arent We more Excited ?

skisloper

Starter
There is a fine line between being a downer (like the media is against us) and being a fan who is realistic about the team's expectations!

We have not shown at any point this season that we can defend or rebound which is not going to get it done in the playoffs.

Are we going to be a tough team to play in a series? Yup! But we don't rebound or defend well enough to get amped like we are going to knock off a top team for sure.

Like I said we beat Chicago twice and Miami twice...
so what team are you referring to as a Top Team ?

smokes

Huge Member
We have, though. Against, even especially against...better teams.

It has just been w extraordinary inconsistency.

Given our D hinges so much on bursts of "effort" and "intensity"; particularly from Carmelo, STAT....and Billups,

It gives legitimate reason, and certainly enough to expectedly hope, that nyk PLAYOFFS against high profile teams will bring out the absolute best in our effort and intensity.

Ok but here's the main problem with that.

Yes you can put in the effort and intensity once in a while and have a great team display but if you don't play with that kind of effort night-in night-out then the players are not used to it and will not be able to keep it up for a seven game series.

We need to play with that kind of effort every game from now until the playoffs even if Stat/Melo/Billups only play 30mpg they should be 30 hard fought minutes.

Against ORL we played great on both sides of the ball.

Against NJ we gave up too many points but our defensive effort was intact.

Against CLE we let them claw back too easily but again, we were trying, we didn't just let them shoot open shots.

So for these last few games before the playoffs we need to keep bringing that effort and if we do, we are a legitimate threat.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
7 years. I'm excited. How could you not be. We have our gaping holes that need to be dealt with in the off season, but, atm, we are playoff bound.

We can make up for our shortcomings, but it all starts with sharp defensive schemes and hustle.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It could be because it's been so long that it might not hit us until it happens.

When we see the Playoffs logo on the Garden floor, when we see the Garden rocking like it hasn't in years,....we're gonna get chills.

iSaYughh

Starter
Ok but here's the main problem with that.

Yes you can put in the effort and intensity once in a while and have a great team display but if you don't play with that kind of effort night-in night-out then the players are not used to it and will not be able to keep it up for a seven game series.

We need to play with that kind of effort every game from now until the playoffs even if Stat/Melo/Billups only play 30mpg they should be 30 hard fought minutes.

Against ORL we played great on both sides of the ball.

Against NJ we gave up too many points but our defensive effort was intact.

Against CLE we let them claw back too easily but again, we were trying, we didn't just let them shoot open shots.

So for these last few games before the playoffs we need to keep bringing that effort and if we do, we are a legitimate threat.

Word. Agreed. ^^ thats why we r, and deserve to be, legit underdogs.

But, spesh if we stride into playoffs next few games...we have the ability to win games (check), and putting a mini streak together of quality play should give us a legit chance -- less than 50/50 still, of course -- of being able to rise to the occasion.

petescud

Starter
I'm pretty pumped for the playoffs. We play better against the better teams. Thank God we aren't facing Toronto or Cleveland or some other shit team...we'd get swept

^^ some scary truth right there...

I'm thrilled, and so are a lot of my buddies. If we continue to play defense we will surprise a lot of people. Teams get use to each other in the playoffs so I think we have a good chance of beating anyone just because we have two premier cluch scorers...not to mention some experience at the point.

I think the out come of the playoffs will easily dictate the future of D'antoni.