You Have to Deal Melo AND Amar'e, Then We Can Build Around Lin

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Can't believe i clicked on this **** then took the time to read page 1...... have a good day fellas offseason is gonna be long as hell

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Rondo has Gumby arms, that's his strongest feature. And he has a ****ty brain to go with it. Who bumps a referee? Guy came into the right place, right time. You put Lin in a time machine, plop him on Nash's Suns instead of Nash, and bang sauce, you're talking hall of fame for the kid.

Lin is a complete package, a true leader in every way, in action, in word. He is like the ocean, with the power of the ocean but the serene dignity.

I'm starting a team today, Lin is my point over Rondo, I'm not the only one on this.

You know what Rondo will do after the Boston team is done? He will do nothing, he's gonna bounce around the league like a bum.

I can't let this go unnoticed. Are you kidding when you talk about Rondo? I would take him over Jeremy Lin and countless other star point guards. What Rondo is doing in these playoffs is straight up incredible.

Can't believe we passed him up in the draft.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I can't let this go unnoticed. Are you kidding when you talk about Rondo? I would take him over Jeremy Lin and countless other star point guards. What Rondo is doing in these playoffs is straight up incredible.

For Renaldo Balkman, lol. Just another reminder of Isiah's amazing skill at seeing potential in players.

skisloper

Starter

there is no way Rondo would have grown in the Knicks organization the way he has in Boston....With Rivers as the coach and the big 3 veterans he has absorbed it all and mastered..................wish we had a team of at least 4 that every looked like that,,,,

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Rondo has Gumby arms, that's his strongest feature. And he has a ****ty brain to go with it. Who bumps a referee? Guy came into the right place, right time. You put Lin in a time machine, plop him on Nash's Suns instead of Nash, and bang sauce, you're talking hall of fame for the kid.

Lin is a complete package, a true leader in every way, in action, in word. He is like the ocean, with the power of the ocean but the serene dignity.

I'm starting a team today, Lin is my point over Rondo, I'm not the only one on this.

You know what Rondo will do after the Boston team is done? He will do nothing, he's gonna bounce around the league like a bum.

Lin is not better than Rondo dude.

Please chalk this comment up to some kind of momentary loss clarity/reality.

This is the kind of **** that makes us look bad (unknowledgeable) as Knicks fans.

jimkcchief88

All Star
It's always the dumbest threads that get the most play. I remember when Orangeblobman told me I lost ALL credibility for prefering MELO to crybaby Bron. Well back at ya blobman. But I get it. Engineer+Lin Lover = Asian. Your a persuASIAN. Pass issued:)

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
Lin is still young and who knows what can happen but there is no way in hell I'd pass up Rondo for Lin. This thread is insane.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I mean this is the line that is dangerous, the line between patience and admitting mistake. This is some type of fallacy where people with hang on to something that is terrible because they cannot wrap their brains around the possibility that a mistake has been made.

I don't view this as impatience, but smart moves. We have to admit this mistake and correct it.

We were lucky with Lin and we can build around him. I would hire MDA again.

But that won't happen, what will happen is we're going for another 5 mediocre years then more pain and more bad trades.

Prognosis: NEGATIVE

omg, i just read thru the first few pages of this thread and found this little gem.

I can't decide which statement is worse now, saying rondo is worse than Lin or wanting to give Dumb Toni another chance.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
omg, i just read thru the first few pages of this thread and found this little gem.

I can't decide which statement is worse now, saying rondo is worse than Lin or wanting to give Dumb Toni another chance.

Touche bud. Both comments could possibly be the worst of the year.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I'm saying, do we remember Linsanity?

That's the True Lin.

Give the man free reign and he will drop the numbers for you.

Move MarshMelo out of the way and watch the kid BOOM!

Rondo had a great situation, props to him, but pound for pound, and if we're talking in a vacuum, Lin is my man over Rondo if I'm starting a team if I am starting this team to play the right way.

fender0577

Rotation player
I'm saying, do we remember Linsanity?

That's the True Lin.

Give the man free reign and he will drop the numbers for you.

Move MarshMelo out of the way and watch the kid BOOM!

Rondo had a great situation, props to him, but pound for pound, and if we're talking in a vacuum, Lin is my man over Rondo if I'm starting a team if I am starting this team to play the right way.
Dude, have you ever heard the saying "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Dude, have you ever heard the saying "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Hahahahahaha, thanks, man.

But I am a staunch believer in Jeremy Lin.

I think, because of his ethnicity, he has been thrown on the ****-pile all his career, and that Linsanity put him on the big map.

Do you realize what he averaged over that run?

Challenge: look up Lin's numbers over that 10 game stretch in February.

That **** was magical.

RONDO DOES NOT HAVE THAT IN HIM, RONDO DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME QUALITY IN HIS SOUL THAT LIN HAS.

RONDO HAS PLAYED WITH THREE HALL-OF-FAMERS FOR HIS ENTIRE CAREER! HELLO??

Bro, LIN TOOK KOBE ON AND ****TED ON HIM!

Think about this. DON'T BE A HATER.

skisloper

Starter
Lin will not have the controls that Dantonio gave him.....

Cant wait to see Smith yelling at LIN for not passing him the ball....

Just hope Woodson learned from his past mistakes as his " Dantonio like stubborness ".........with
Lin
? ( should not be fields but pray its not smith )
Melo
Stat
Chandler

and a full practice camp and pre-season we should be in ready form.....

fender0577

Rotation player
Hahahahahaha, thanks, man.

But I am a staunch believer in Jeremy Lin.

I think, because of his ethnicity, he has been thrown on the ****-pile all his career, and that Linsanity put him on the big map.

Do you realize what he averaged over that run?

Challenge: look up Lin's numbers over that 10 game stretch in February.

That **** was magical.

RONDO DOES NOT HAVE THAT IN HIM, RONDO DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME QUALITY IN HIS SOUL THAT LIN HAS.

RONDO HAS PLAYED WITH THREE HALL-OF-FAMERS FOR HIS ENTIRE CAREER! HELLO??

Bro, LIN TOOK KOBE ON AND ****TED ON HIM!

Think about this. DON'T BE A HATER.
I'm not saying LIN is a scrub, at all, i'm just saying your shooting a little high, aiming at rondo.Rondo is the best pure PG in the game, period, LIN is nice, and i'm hoping he can be our future also, but even you said it, it was 10 games fam, 10 games.Let's give him more time to develop, before we put these super high expectations on the poor kid.I'm not hating, it like LIN, but people telling me, he's better than the best PG's right now, is kinda annoying, after seeing him get shut down by Mario chalmers, and D-Will, destroying him to prove a point.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I'm not saying LIN is a scrub, at all, i'm just saying your shooting a little high, aiming at rondo.Rondo is the best pure PG in the game, period, LIN is nice, and i'm hoping he can be our future also, but even you said it, it was 10 games fam, 10 games.Let's give him more time to develop, before we put these super high expectations on the poor kid.I'm not hating, it like LIN, but people telling me, he's better than the best PG's right now, is kinda annoying, after seeing him get shut down by Mario chalmers, and D-Will, destroying him to prove a point.

I respect your opinion, but Rondo isn't the best pure point guard in the game.

It's Chris Paul and has been for a while now.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I respect your opinion, but Rondo isn't the best pure point guard in the game.

It's Chris Paul and has been for a while now.
I think it's Nash still.

Chris Paul still puts up great numbers, but he's not the same player he used to be. Of course, scoring wise, Nash isn't the same (though it seems he could if he chose to), but he plays with the same fire. I don't know if Chris Paul's injuries has been holding him back, or something has changed in him. He didn't have the games he had in this year's Playoffs as he did in last year's (in which he saved himself for).

I put Paul at number 2.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
I think it's Nash still.

Chris Paul still puts up great numbers, but he's not the same player he used to be. Of course, scoring wise, Nash isn't the same (though it seems he could if he chose to), but he plays with the same fire. I don't know if Chris Paul's injuries has been holding him back, or something has changed in him. He didn't have the games he had in this year's Playoffs as he did in last year's (in which he saved himself for).

I put Paul at number 2.

Offensively: Chris Paul > Rondo > Nash > Lin

Overall: Chris Paul > Rondo > Lin > Nash

Before the fanboys get offended, I'm not saying Lin and Nash are bad. I'm just saying Chris Paul is pretty much at the top and so is Rondo
Nash is pretty near the bottom of the list because of his defense

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
I'm satisfied with Lin being one of the best instead of the very best.

Like I said before, basketball is a team sport. I believe it's not a guarantee that the very best player will win a championship title for his team.

But Lin has that quality in him. A sort of influential (inspirational) power. With him around, I feel closer to a title.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Offensively: Chris Paul > Rondo > Nash > Lin

Overall: Chris Paul > Rondo > Lin > Nash

Before the fanboys get offended, I'm not saying Lin and Nash are bad. I'm just saying Chris Paul is pretty much at the top and so is Rondo
Nash is pretty near the bottom of the list because of his defense

Is this an overall rating of ALL the PG in the league? Cause it's a little premature to even include Lin in that list. Rondo is the best pg in the league period. I hate to say it because he's a celtic but he can control and takeover the game from many aspects. He produces a matchup problem for all teams.