2009 NBA Draft Thread/Overseas International Thread

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
^Yeah, seriously. I'm watching the championship game thinking the same thing. We better not be the Atlanta Hawks of this draft, when they passed over CP3 for Marvin Williams.

Edit: He's up to 8 steals now. Lawson is looking more and more like CP3.

i dont think it'd be of the same magnitude as atlanta. lawson isnt as highly touted (nba wise) as cp3 was back then and of course look at him now. i think this kid has talent but im not buying the whole lawson will be a superstar mumbo jumbo just yet.

metrocard

Legend
i dont think it'd be of the same magnitude as atlanta. lawson isnt as highly touted (nba wise) as cp3 was back then and of course look at him now. i think this kid has talent but im not buying the whole lawson will be a superstar mumbo jumbo just yet.

5 star recruit.
one of the best PG's in UNC's history.
Best PG in the nation.
Dominant preformer.
Bob Cousy award winner.
Pass first PG who can get to the free throw line 20 times with ease.
a very good intercepting PG.
Can shoot the ball.
Does not turn the ball over.

What more can you ask for?

Lawson to me is the best prospect behind Griffin(Amare Stoudimire), Clark(AK47 meets offense), and Evans(Dwayne Wade?).

dave2138

Rotation player
I'm not doubting Lawson, but what is it about him that has him only a late lottery - #20 pick in a lot of mock drafts? Based on what I see, I agree with you guys that he should be top 10 in this draft. Augustin was top 10 in a stronger draft, and Lawson looks like he has a higher ceiling than him coming out of college.

Besides height though what are these other people seeing in him that is holding him back from being a top 5-10 pick/potential all star.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Draftexpress put Ricky Rubio back on their mock draft board. We have to get this guy. I can't think of a better PG than Rubio for D'Antoni's system. We must trade up to the 2nd pick (at least) to draft him. Whatever it takes.

-Ricky Rubio is back on our 2009 mock draft, after a four month stint where he was projected for 2010. Sources close to the situation indicate that Rubio’s family is now in favor of him entering this year, and that will almost certainly be on the early-entry list when it’s released on April 27th. His buyout still needs to be negotiated, which is easier said than done, but a final decision on whether to stay in likely won’t come until very close to the pull-out deadline, on June 19th. Unlike college players who are bound by the more restrictive NCAA rules, International players can enter the draft up to three times, which gives him plenty of wiggle room.

Also announced today—Rubio has accepted an invitation to the Reebok EuroCamp, which will be conducted from the 6-8 of June in Treviso, Italy. Joventut may have to lose in the quarterfinals of the playoffs for him to get there on time, though. They are currently in 6th place in the league.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Word-on-the-Street-Whoas-In-and-Out-of-the-2009-NBA-Draft-3168/

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
i do not get the hype with ricky. if we acquire him it will solely be based on potential. why give up so much for a PG (rubio) who will take time to develop, when we can get one that is more nba ready in lawson? we would have to give up the draft pick and a couple of players. not only that but we would have two young european players that will take 3-4 years to become all-star type players (not guaranteed). we need ballers that will produce now.

Blas

Benchwarmer
Lawson's FG% ----------------- 53.2%

I believe that is the highest of all PGs entering the draft and starting PGs. I almost want to say it is the highest of all PGs, and he does take plenty of shots. That is damn sweet.

TunerAddict

Starter
Lawson's FG% ----------------- 53.2%

I believe that is the highest of all PGs entering the draft and starting PGs. I almost want to say it is the highest of all PGs, and he does take plenty of shots. That is damn sweet.

True.

However, he shot pretty shitty in the championship game...like 3-10...he just made 15-18 freethrows

ANU

Starter
i do not get the hype with ricky. if we acquire him it will solely be based on potential. why give up so much for a PG (rubio) who will take time to develop, when we can get one that is more nba ready in lawson? we would have to give up the draft pick and a couple of players. not only that but we would have two young european players that will take 3-4 years to become all-star type players (not guaranteed). we need ballers that will produce now.
he played vs the redeem team at 17, hurt his hand and still held his own.

last i heard of anything like this was pele at 16 i think in the world cup.

JayJ44

Starter

Lawson plays the passing lanes as well as anyone I've seen in a while. He's a pest on defense, which is exactly what we need on this team. PG playing pest defense=turnovers=easy baskets. Lawson will allow the team to run on fastbreaks off turnovers. That's part of the reason the Olympic team was so successful. They were running D'antoni's system with good defensive PG's in CP3, Jason Kidd, and Deron Williams.