2009 NBA Draft Thread/Overseas International Thread

metrocard

Legend
I don't see Curry as a guy who can be a floor general on the floor...we need that.

In our range

Our best option at PG is Ricky Rubio or Ty Lawson.

Our best option at SG is Gerald Henderson or James Harden (not feeling the other SG's...too undersized...too soft)

Our best option at SF...which isn't needed at this point is Earl Clark or James Johnson

Best option at big man positions would be Thabeet or Hill, most skilled rebounders/Shot blockers in the draft...desperate need for us.

In 2009, we should grab Monroe...Monroe may stay a year.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
340x.jpg

What about Cole Aldrich,if he would decide to get in the draft would you draft him?I would draft him before I would Thabeet b/c Aldrich is tougher and does'nt get man handled by a smaller player.

Aldrich led the Big 12 in blocks (78) and was second in rebounding (10.6) and field-goal percentage (60.1). He also averaged 14.6 points, joining Oklahoma's Blake Griffin as the only two players in the conference to average a double-double.

"This whole season has been a blast," Aldrich said.

Aldrich's rapid development has caught the attention of NBA scouts, fueling talk that he could be a lottery pick in the draft if he decides to leave school after the season. For now, Aldrich says he's only thinking about the tournament and hasn't given his future much thought.

smokes

Huge Member
I'm pretty noob when it comes to college basketball, is "March Madness" the same as the NCAA "Championship"?

They have a nice on-demand thing online where you can watch most of the games, which colleges should I be watching to see potential 2009 Knicks?

Cheers.

LeFlume

All Star
I hope we can draft a PG first a C second. Best available, what ever that means. Best in College or best NBA prospect I don't know..

Blas

Benchwarmer
I don't see Curry as a guy who can be a floor general on the floor...we need that.

In our range

Our best option at PG is Ricky Rubio or Ty Lawson.

Our best option at SG is Gerald Henderson or James Harden (not feeling the other SG's...too undersized...too soft)

Our best option at SF...which isn't needed at this point is Earl Clark or James Johnson

Best option at big man positions would be Thabeet or Hill, most skilled rebounders/Shot blockers in the draft...desperate need for us.

In 2009, we should grab Monroe...Monroe may stay a year.

Man, I was looking for this thread lol =).

I am not a fan of Curry, but who knows he could be good. So far, I was way off on Mayo being a bust (didn't like Mayo either).

I like Lawson. Even though the tarheels are a great team without him, they are even better with him. The guy sets up everyone, makes them look better, and he can create a good shot. He still needs to work on his man to man. Hopefully work on his agility and get quicker on lateral movement. He can turn out to be a poor man's chris paul. He definitely does not show the same type of game Paul did at Wake, but he is a difference maker and a good floor general.

I hate Henderson because he is Duke =). I like Henderson because he is a very level-headed player with a great IQ. He is great with the pick and roll, perfect for D'antoni. My only worry was watching the Villinova game, being at the level he is he should have done better even with Villnova all over the guys. This also showed me that Henderson should not depend on his three pointer. (If you guys didn't watch the game, essentially Duke tried to come back by drilling threes. They failed miserably at this.) Until he can hit a three quicker and cleaner he needs to rely on his mid-range jumper. This is where he might have problems with D'antoni. This might be a reason why D'antoni wouldn't want to draft the guy. I only say this with the comparison of the Suns (Nash, Bell, Barbosa all good three points shooters).

Harden worries me a bit, only because he has tremendous game for being so young but he doesn't impact his team as much as he should. I do not know if it is a mental thing or being young. Mayo showed better presence with USC then Harden does with ASU. He feels like a risk to me.

I will give Thabeet credit in these areas: He knows how to use his height, and he actually blocks shots instead of trying to swat it away like a maniac.

And like I said and I will continue agreeing with other posters like Metro... Monroe Monroe Monroe =).

As for the comment on his stock falling, he has been playing worse lately. That still does not bother me.

Some new Analysis from me:

I hope we stay away from DeJuan Blair. He is too short to be playing down-low in the NBA and he does not fit in D'antoni's system. I will give him this: he can box out really well, something even people his girth have trouble doing (*cough* Curry). 8 offensive rebounds against Xavier.

I also, said this in another thread, I think Tyler Hanbrough is a good late pick to replace D.Lee. I actually think he could be a better player then him.

clumsy

Rotation player
Seeing how we will not get a high spot in the lottery, The only two players i want are Thabeet under the assumption we are keeping Lee. Thabeet probably will never be a good offensive player, but this team has been dying for a defensive minded player that gets tons of minutes. I wouldn't mind a young Dikembe without the offense. Or maybe he'll be a Greg Oden...(which right now Oden isn't looking like he'll ever be that nice).

Or if we get rid of Nate, Tyreke Evans. They liken his game to Jamal and pre-injury Larry Hughes, which isn't great....but he is a much better combo guard than Nate. They say he isn't that athletic, but there are a lot non elite athletic players that are nice. He relies on changing speed and hesitiation dribbles mainly. He does make bad decisions but most combo guards do, i think he'll be better than most of them because he'll be an asset on D. He will do what Nate does with a 6'5 body and 6'11 wingspan.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Williams and Vasquez will be 2nd round steals tho...do we have a 2nd round pick? Wouldn't mind taking them.

The Knicks lost their 2009 second round pick, as part of the Eddy Curry trade, and the Knicks lost their 2010 first round pick, too.

JayJ44

Starter
Didn't we get a 2nd round pick in the Balkman trade? If not, we could always buy one from another team. I heard Walsh tried to that last year to draft Mario Chalmers, but it didn't get done for one reason or another.

smokes

Huge Member
I'm pretty noob when it comes to college basketball, is "March Madness" the same as the NCAA "Championship"?

They have a nice on-demand thing online where you can watch most of the games, which colleges should I be watching to see potential 2009 Knicks?

Cheers.

bump10chars

metrocard

Legend
Lawson = beast.
7 steals in the 1st half of the championship game.

Tony Parker/Telfair speed.
Starbury strength and body stability.
Steve Nash passing instincts.
Iverson interception ability.
Jose Calderon's shot selection.

Our PG.
of the future
till infinity.

Draft Lawson.
PLEASE!!!

JayJ44

Starter
^Yeah, seriously. I'm watching the championship game thinking the same thing. We better not be the Atlanta Hawks of this draft, when they passed over CP3 for Marvin Williams.

Edit: He's up to 8 steals now. Lawson is looking more and more like CP3.

Last edited:

Blas

Benchwarmer
I believe a lot of us knicks' fans are on the Lawson bandwagon.

I just hope we are patient if the guy does not produce right away. Look how some of us treated Gallo. Gallo should be allowed another 2 years before we should start ragging on him. Since Lawson has the potential to be a 7th rounder for the Knicks, we will probably watch him under a microscope.

Go Lawson!

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Second Round Picks

Didn't we get a 2nd round pick in the Balkman trade? If not, we could always buy one from another team. I heard Walsh tried to that last year to draft Mario Chalmers, but it didn't get done for one reason or another.

ABCD is right, we have no 2009 second round pick as a result of the Curry trade. The Balkman trade gives us a second round pick in 2010. We get the better of Denver's two picks, their's and the Clippers. Since one alternative comes from the Clippers, we should have one of the top second round picks.

We will have no first round pick in 2010, courtesy of the Marbury trade.