2009 NBA Draft Thread/Overseas International Thread

Proud Warrior

Benchwarmer
Rubio is too young and certainly he wants to grow and improve his skills before coming in NBA. With no dubt hi is one of the most european promising talent.

In the Overseas Free Agents list there are lots of good players, but, in my opinion, not all of they ar so good to play in NBA and most of them are not so young. For example, for the moment, Igor Rakocevic from Tau Victoria, is the best shootting guard of Euroleague Basketball but he was born in 1978.

In Lottomatica Roma plays an american point guard, Brandon Jennings, he is 17, and his deam is to play in NBA starting from an europe team.

I can indicate any other good talent from Europe, in particular

Tiago Splitter, Center, Spanish from Tau Ceramica, 1985
Ersan Ilyasova, Forward, Turkish from Barcelona, 1987
David Hawkins, Guard, American from Milano, 1982

Rubio is too young and certainly he wants to grow and improve his skills before coming in NBA. With no dubt hi is one of the most european promising talent.

In the Overseas Free Agents list there are lots of good players, but, in my opinion, not all of they ar so good to play in NBA and most of them are not so young. For example, for the moment, Igor Rakocevic from Tau Victoria, is the best shootting guard of Euroleague Basketball but he was born in 1978.

In Lottomatica Roma plays an american point guard, Brandon Jennings, he is 17, and his deam is to play in NBA starting from an europe team.

I can indicate any other good talent from Europe, in particular

Tiago Splitter, Center, Spanish from Tau Ceramica, 1985
Ersan Ilyasova, Forward, Turkish from Barcelona, 1987
David Hawkins, Guard, American from Milano, 1982

Thanks for the overseas insight :D

Blas

Benchwarmer
I am a fan of Terrance Williams. He reminds me of Trevor Ariza. Great defender, great athleticism, lots of upside.

He isn't the slasher that Ariza is, but he is quicker then Ariza. He is a good passer to which goes well with D'antoni's system.

This guy is an obvious late rounder and it would be a reach for us to draft him at a projected position.

I also like Greivis Vasques (I am also a Terp Alum). Last year I was disappointed with him, but this year the guys game has taken off. He looks so much better then he did last year.

He still has too much confidence and needs to be reigned in, and I think D'antoni is the man to do that. From what I have seen what D'antoni has done to Duhon, I can only hope what he can do with Vasques.

He is another late rounder/2nd rounder I think we should shoot for.

Unfortunately my prospects are late rounders, but like Metro said this years talent is not like 08. We should try to get picks for next year or just trade down and hopefully trade away guys we do not want anymore. Or even better, we start winning more games.

metrocard

Legend
I am a fan of Terrance Williams. He reminds me of Trevor Ariza. Great defender, great athleticism, lots of upside.

He isn't the slasher that Ariza is, but he is quicker then Ariza. He is a good passer to which goes well with D'antoni's system.

This guy is an obvious late rounder and it would be a reach for us to draft him at a projected position.

I also like Greivis Vasques (I am also a Terp Alum). Last year I was disappointed with him, but this year the guys game has taken off. He looks so much better then he did last year.

He still has too much confidence and needs to be reigned in, and I think D'antoni is the man to do that. From what I have seen what D'antoni has done to Duhon, I can only hope what he can do with Vasques.

He is another late rounder/2nd rounder I think we should shoot for.

Unfortunately my prospects are late rounders, but like Metro said this years talent is not like 08. We should try to get picks for next year or just trade down and hopefully trade away guys we do not want anymore. Or even better, we start winning more games.

Williams and Vasquez will be 2nd round steals tho...do we have a 2nd round pick? Wouldn't mind taking them.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea we got both our picks this year, which is why im phsyched about the draft this year we keep adding young talent something we desperately need.

Blas

Benchwarmer
Monroe

I have to get on the Monroe Bandwagon too. This guy can be something special, especially in D'antoni's system because this guy can play point-forward. We should get a great center's coach like Ewing.

I like Monroe better then Thabeet.

I am not a fan of Thabeet for two reasons:

1) I watch him get bullied in the post by smaller players with more bulk.
2) UConn and bigman just do not go together. The style of ball they play increases the numbers for big men especially on the defensive end. That is why you get a lot of bigmen from UConn avg a lot of blocks and rebounds but come to the NBA and fail. Okafur is the only bigman who is descent that came out of UConn that I can think of.

Also, Aron Baynes reminds me of Eddy Curry lol.

metrocard

Legend
jeckomaru, thats an EXCELLENT post.
Please feel free to add more analysis on draftees and prospects.
You brought up a lot of NEW POINTS I haven't seen...pretty cool man.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
I was reading CHAD FORD chat and this is his take. Prety interesting (although I like thabeet) I tend to agree with jeckomaru. Good post man.

Josh (Baltimore): What guy in your top ten do you see most likely to become a bust?

sn2.gif
Chad Ford: Hasheem Thabeet. Teams are taking him because he's 7-foot-3. He still lacks a great feel for the game. Those are always risky picks. If you hit the jackpot (like Andrew Bynum) you're a genius. If you don't (see Mohammed Saer Sene) you're an idiot.

<HR width="80%" noShade SIZE=1>Chris (Amsterdam): Which team could most benefit from Stephen Curry's skills in the draft, not where he will get drafted, but where's the best fit?

sn2.gif
Chad Ford: New York. New York. New York.

<HR width="80%" noShade SIZE=1>Lenny (Wyoming): When is your next draft piece coming? I wonder why you still have Ricky Rubio ranked so high when his team is struggling and he's a horrible shooter.

sn2.gif
Chad Ford: Court vision. Defense. The kid is special. I agree he's struggling to come back from a wrist injury, but teams are still high on his long term prospects.

<HR width="80%" noShade SIZE=1>Jess (Phoenix, AZ): What happened to Austin Daye? He looked so promising at the beginning of the season and has completely dropped off the face of the earth. He obviously needs to stay at least another year at Gonzaga, but can he ever bounce back to where he was on draft boards?

sn2.gif
Chad Ford: He has a lot of talent and has been playing better the last few weeks. He needs to add strength. Part of it is that he's on a loaded team. He isn't asked to take over the way Durant did or Michael Beasley did. But I agree, his best move right now is to return to Gonzaga for his junior year. He can be a high lottery pick if he continues to develop.

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i agree on the Curry part he brings alot of stuff we need but thers questions around him that scare me but all imcoming rookies are like that, but his clutch playmaking is much needed

dave2138

Rotation player
If the knicks wind up with the 15th pick..what realistic options can we expect to still be around in the draft?

The other day I saw on sportscenter of this funny looking white guy from Arizona getting his face stepped on, Chase Budinger. He kind of reminded me of Big Bird, which would be great because I have always been a fan of sesame street.

I'm looking at his profile - 6'7, shooting guard, great 3 pt shooter, great free throw shooter..similar player to Brent Barry.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if we get the 15th pick a couple of players that will be on the boards that we need

maybe Earl Clark SG/SF

Tyreke Evans SG (will be a joe johnson u could quote me)

B.J Mullens C ( he could be good)

Al Farouk Aminu PF( real good player very advanced skills)

DaJuan Summers SG/SF

Evan Turner SG

TunerAddict

Starter
Nick Calathes will be a good second round pick up for pg.

Plays on the Greece Under-21 team, plays collegiately at Florida under Billy D, one of the top passing pgs in the ncaa, averages 18ppg on high fg%...

Could be a bust. Could be decent. Worth a 2nd rounder if he declares this year.