2016 NBA Playoffs

tiger0330

Legend
Make that 11-0 going back to last postseason(including this season regular season0 and 12-0 overall in the postseason historically.
I thought the Hawks were the only team that could give the Cavs a run in the EC. Cavs have picked up their game from the regular season, they were hardly dominant in the regular season but they look right up there with the Spurs/Warriors now.

All teams operate this way though

It's a nice to seriously contemplate your post philosophically what you spoke on but we did the same with Melo. We gave him a Max deal to save face knowing we wouldn't be competitive the duration of his contract. Funny how we look at matters when it doesn't concern our own team as we meddle with other team's affairs.

In regards to the Raptors did you black out the following yr after giving Derozan's deal for them to improve? Did you look at their roster and take note of a couple yg players who can improve internally? Not saying they will but if they don't resign Derozan or say make a significant move to match the Cavs you're essentially saying they should REBUILD. How many teams do that after being a Top 4seed 3yrs in row having improved each yr during such a stretch?

Memphis and Toronto are not trying to appease our desires. Also Derozan and Conley put us no closer to matching Lebron or any other Top 4 team than should those teams retain their respective talents rivaling their comp. We realistically could only sign one of them eating up about 85-90% of our cap space. Melo and Conley or Melo and Derozan isn't going anywhere in the EAST, WEST, SOUTH, NORTH or any other regional direction.

My post to which you are responding literally started by acknowledging that DeRozan is almost certainly going to stay with the Raptors. Also, nowhere do I say that if by some slight chance DeRozan or Conley leave their teams they are coming to the Knicks. I have never even suggested that I think we are in play for any impact free agents this offseason.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
My post to which you are responding literally started by acknowledging that DeRozan is almost certainly going to stay with the Raptors. Also, nowhere do I say that if by some slight chance DeRozan or Conley leave their teams they are coming to the Knicks. I have never even suggested that I think we are in play for any impact free agents this offseason.

lol I said that tongue in cheek...as if to say it's never really about 1 offseason of moves with any given team in relation to trying to be competitive. My replies are never personal although they come off this way passionate exchanging thoughts. I usually disagree with everything not to be contrarian but due to the fact I've read these scripts over and over. This is yrs(over a decade) of build up of thinking we're always in a position to do something great or owed something from fan perspective during offseason.

There's a chance maybe 1 of them leaves based on 1 team grossly overpaying but most cases(80% or greater) teams retain their top free agents because that's how the CBA was setup. Most teams won't abort success even if it's of a status quo type.

I said in theory your thinking is very reasonable, maybe should be implemented more often in a proactive nature by teams via trades. Not realistic to expect otherwise though.

Kiyaman

Legend
The replay show no goaltend
Lebron Cavs are 8-0 in the postseason .. Curry in cahoots with the network the first round loss to the 41-41 Houston Rockets spooks-me

Kiyaman

Legend
Hawks keeping the game at a deadlock at the half. I know people talk up guys like JR and Shump, but beyond the big 3 on Cleveland, I still don't see enough on that roster to challenge GS or SA, lights out 3 point shooting or not. It seems silly to say, but I feel like the Cavs somehow need to get a 4th All-Star caliber player to actually win a chip.

The Cavs win win win from their DEFENSE!

Kiyaman

Legend
I agree DeRozan almost certainly re-signs with Toronto, but worth noting that if DeRozan declines his player option for next season and instead re-signs with Toronto for a max deal, then Toronto will have well over 80 million in salary on the books for next season. For what? A nice team that will have no chance in ever beating the Lebron James Cavs in the playoffs.

I made a similar comment not too long ago about Memphis re-signing Conley. It's nice to keep together a good core, but when it leaves you with no room to add another gamechanger and your current roster is not good enough to realistically compete for the Conference title, it's not crazy to put your wallet back in your pocket.

The Raptors organization are happy with making it to the second round of the playoffs the next 3 seasons. So Derozan stays.
The Memphis Grizz will not let go Conley go anywhere until they have a better PG that mix well with Zack n Gasol

Broadway

All Star
The replay show no goaltend
Lebron Cavs are 8-0 in the postseason .. Curry in cahoots with the network the first round loss to the 41-41 Houston Rockets spooks-me

The ball bounces off the glass and Milsap pins it. Clear goal tend. They even showed from an above view(If I find it I'll post it). Even if otherwise it sure wasn't clear misjudgment call

tiger0330

Legend
The Cavs win win win from their DEFENSE!
Not this post-season, Cavs are outscoring everyone except the Warriors while being the 5th best team in the playoffs in opponents ppg at 97pts. Their opponents fg% is 46% 39% from 3. I'd like to see them come up with a couple of shutdown defensive games next round to show they can win with their D when their shots aren't falling. They can't keep up this torrid 3 pt shooting the whole playoffs I don't think.

Kiyaman

Legend
Not this post-season, Cavs are outscoring everyone except the Warriors while being the 5th best team in the playoffs in opponents ppg at 97pts. Their opponents fg% is 46% 39% from 3. I'd like to see them come up with a couple of shutdown defensive games next round to show they can win with their D when their shots aren't falling. They can't keep up this torrid 3 pt shooting the whole playoffs I don't think.

The Cavs DEFENSE selects which of their opponents guards could score and dish the ball each game .. That's why everyone hated the tandem of Lebron n D.Wade hooking-up they were the best defensive backcourt since Jordan n Pippin.
To me Lebron n D.Wade won 4 consecutive championship rings .. The champ Mavs n Spurs were PHONEY based on all the hate Lebron n D.Wade received.

Watch the dynamic defense of "Lebron JR Shump and Dellavedova" last year playoff those 4 guards did not need Irving or Love to make it to the FINALS.

Kiyaman

Legend
PLAYING-hard Defense in the 4th quarter for stops wins 80% of postseason games
Only 20% of wins in postseason 4th quarter are outscoring .. where both teams score 30 or more in the 4th qtr..

Especially, the Cavs has Mozgov Thompson and Frye stopping opponents inside scoring

Kiyaman

Legend
D.Wade pulled off a OT win to tie series at 2-2 with Raptors .. NO Whiteside & NO Valanciunas

Curry is back! hold-on PG Livingston got ejected in first-half .. Blazers take a 10 pt lead at halftime 67-57

Tkf

Benchwarmer
wade is playing with no whiteside,and when he does play hasn't been healthy. He has no bosh, and is playing with recycled allstars in Deng and Johnson and some rookies.. yet the heat are competing to go to the ECF and wade is looking like a stud late in games.. this is what a Star is supposed to do. he plays both ends of the floor at a high level and delivers...

No asking where his running mate is.. No asking where is his help.. No excuses for guys being injured.. No excuses for guys not playing well. he goes out and delivers for his team... this is why I don't let carmelo fans dish out those ridiculous excuses..

Take a look at wade, take a look at curry, this is what superstars do on the regular... heck may have to even add lillard to that list..

Broadway

All Star
Keep in mind this was predetermined before the halfway point during season. Curry made NBA history

Pretty shameful no other player got a 1st place vote

Last edited:
wade is playing with no whiteside,and when he does play hasn't been healthy. He has no bosh, and is playing with recycled allstars in Deng and Johnson and some rookies.. yet the heat are competing to go to the ECF and wade is looking like a stud late in games.. this is what a Star is supposed to do. he plays both ends of the floor at a high level and delivers...

No asking where his running mate is.. No asking where is his help.. No excuses for guys being injured.. No excuses for guys not playing well. he goes out and delivers for his team... this is why I don't let carmelo fans dish out those ridiculous excuses..

Take a look at wade, take a look at curry, this is what superstars do on the regular... heck may have to even add lillard to that list..

Wade is an all-time great, but c'mon, this is the dude who recruited Lebron and Bosh to Miami to make their big 3 because Miami wasn't good enough to compete with Boston's big 3 (or 4 including Rondo). Wade is the guy who publicly recruited Joe Johnson to Miami this season because he wanted more star power on the court with him, recycled All-star or not. Please don't sell Wade as the star who doesn't ask what other stars are on the floor with him.

Don't get me wrong though, Melo still acts like a punk.

Broadway

All Star
Wade is an all-time great, but c'mon, this is the dude who recruited Lebron and Bosh to Miami to make their big 3 because Miami wasn't good enough to compete with Boston's big 3 (or 4 including Rondo). Wade is the guy who publicly recruited Joe Johnson to Miami this season because he wanted more star power on the court with him, recycled All-star or not. Please don't sell Wade as the star who doesn't ask what other stars are on the floor with him.

Don't get me wrong though, Melo still acts like a punk.

Wade has pretty good relationships in the league(that counts for something too, doesn't appear Melo has the difference making kind), call it or categorize it how you may. But let's not sell recruiting for Joe Johnson as some star coup. He's 34yrs old and washed.

Although Wade recruited Lebron and the gang he was still doing far more by himself than Melo up to that point. Heck one could argue Wade was the best player in the league from 2006-2009 Lebron and Kobe included.

wade can be on my team anyday... yesss he is old, and not the wade of 5years ago... BUT... that dude is a winner...

Yeah, that's the bottom line on Wade. He plays winning basketball. People talk about Joe Johnson like he is a non-factor because he is in the twilight of his career, but JJ can be lethal when put in position to hit huge shots late in games. If I was Cleveland, I'd want no part of Wade and JJ in the ECF.