2016 NBA Playoffs

Tkf

Benchwarmer
This is what we have been lacking for some time now: A class organisation with class guys, leading by example and a front office that knows how to built a team where players skills complement each other while their characters also allow for a healthy locker room. You can always incorporate a few knuckleheads if there are plenty of other guys around who set a different tone.
Dolan does not give anybody with expertise the freedom to do this, even if it takes some time. Over the years our teams where constructed like a fans' fantasy NBA squad, because -- whomsoever the GM/President was, always needed to get in players who put butts in seats. And NYC fans lack of patience plays a big role in this.
I know many of you guys despise PJax, but should he leave without success, the Knicks will become toxic to everyone who might have the skills to fix this ball club and as long as the Knicks are profitable (which they will always be with at least one star player and gazillions of tourists flocking to the Garden) the league will not interfere.

I think this is the first time, dolan has given 100% control over... and that is to Pjax, the problem is, jackson is new to this area of basketball( front office) and so far has made some costly mistakes.. resigning carmelo being one of them... I am not sure phil is the answer either... and the environment is already at a toxic level it seems..

tiger0330

Legend
the celts will be fine, they are the Next team up, as to speak. Youth, picks and they have talent and a great coach..
Also a great GM though when I see Ainge rated as a GM I never see him in the top 5. I don't think he gets enough credit for building that team with the Big 3 plus Rondo that won their chip and then rebuilding the team all over again to the team now loaded with draft assets and cap space. I think the Celts will have an active summer both in FA and doing trades, no reason to keep all those middle first round picks, Ainge should trade them to acquire some established players.

Also a great GM though when I see Ainge rated as a GM I never see him in the top 5. I don't think he gets enough credit for building that team with the Big 3 plus Rondo that won their chip and then rebuilding the team all over again to the team now loaded with draft assets and cap space. I think the Celts will have an active summer both in FA and doing trades, no reason to keep all those middle first round picks, Ainge should trade them to acquire some established players.

Danny Ainge is a very good GM, but the most important thing he brought to the big 3 was being friends with Kevin McHale.

Boston is going to show this offseason how hard it is, even with assets, to turn a 1st round playoff loser into a contender. Even with everything they have going for them, I still see it as a very uphill battle to make the roster additions they need to make to be a true contender next season in the East.

Kiyaman

Legend
WOWWOW ... Tonight we have the 3 best Game Series in the first round playing ...

Raptors vs Pacers
Heats vs Hornets
Clippers vs Blazers

WOWWOW ... Tonight we have the 3 best Game Series in the first round playing ...

Raptors vs Pacers
Heats vs Hornets
Clippers vs Blazers

Both Pacers and Heat stay alive to force game 7's in the East. Meanwhile, the Cavs continue to sit back and wait to see if any of the other teams in the East are a real threat.

Oh, and you want a continued storyline of the Eastern conference playoff picture? How about Kyle Lowry shooting 31% from the floor in this series against Indiana so far (after shooting 42% during the regular season)? What did Kyle Lowry shoot in last year's sweep loss to Washington in the first round of the playoffs? You guessed it. 31%.

Doesn't matter how high a seed you get in the regular season if the central piece of your offense is going to shoot like garbage every time you reach the playoffs.

Also doesn't help with DeRozan, who shoot 45% from the floor this season, shooting 33% from the floor in the playoffs so far.

tiger0330

Legend
If the Raps can't win game 7 in Toronto on Sunday there's going to be hell to pay. Casey would be gone I think and less likely though a possibility they lose DeRozan. Maybe he goes home to LA with the Lakers.

paris401

Starter
Dolan has never gave PJ 100% control over the Knicks organization .. .

maybe u are rite.. but since no one is talking, no one knows for sure.. so maybe u are wrong and Phil does have full control... either way, this will be phil's summer to shine... or flame out...

tiger0330

Legend
The Thunder have had more meltdowns late in games than any team in the NBA. Even without Barea and Chandler I expected the Mavs to win one game because of the Thunder tendency to have meltdowns esp. when you have to face good teams in the playoffs. They have a good team and 2 stars in Westbrook and KD but they ain't winning anything.
Spurs dominated the Thunder from the opening tip. Spurs tied a playoff record scoring 43 pts for a qtr in the 1st qtr. Thunder may get swept judging by tonight's performance and confirm what I said about them not winning anything.

Wow, Hornets take the Heat all the way to 7 games and then lose game 7 by over 30 points. Talk about anti-climatic.

Kiyaman

Legend
maybe u are rite.. but since no one is talking, no one knows for sure.. so maybe u are wrong and Phil does have full control... either way, this will be phil's summer to shine... or flame out...

PJ has control over Knicks as a CEO .. Owner Dolan has been calling-shots since 1999.
PJ hired Fisher .. Dolan fired Fisher!
Fisher has 3 yrs remaining on a guaranteed contract.

RECALL.... ISO-Melo saying, "I'm going FA at the end of season"
Dolan flew to Denver to make the trade for ISO-Melo, plus to give ISO-Melo control over the Knicks offense.
Dolan would have LOST-FACE if Melo left NY for the next team.
Dolan hired PJ to keep ISO-Melo in NY (I'm going FA)
ISO-Melo had 3 Knicks head-coaches heading towards 4th head-coach next season ...
Marbury had 5 head-coaches during Knicks era

tiger0330

Legend
Wasn't real impressed with the Raps in the 1st round, I think the Heat beat them the next round. I also think the Hawks give the Cavs all they can handle but the Cavs still advance.

Absolutely no drama in the WC, Spurs and Warriors should advance easily setting up a Warriors/Spurs WC finaks

paris401

Starter
PJ has control over Knicks as a CEO .. Owner Dolan has been calling-shots since 1999.
PJ hired Fisher .. Dolan fired Fisher!
Fisher has 3 yrs remaining on a guaranteed contract.

RECALL.... ISO-Melo saying, "I'm going FA at the end of season"
Dolan flew to Denver to make the trade for ISO-Melo, plus to give ISO-Melo control over the Knicks offense.
Dolan would have LOST-FACE if Melo left NY for the next team.
Dolan hired PJ to keep ISO-Melo in NY (I'm going FA)
ISO-Melo had 3 Knicks head-coaches heading towards 4th head-coach next season ...
Marbury had 5 head-coaches during Knicks era

dolan owns the team... wouldn't doubt that he 'suggested' to phil that fisher n all his bad press has to go..n he would eat the 3years.. if it was phils decision to $hitcan fisher still expect he runs it by dolan , as its his $$$ paying him for the next 3years...

I think none of it matters, as phil will prob opt out next year n return home to la n home cooked meals from Jeanie...

Broadway

All Star
Good for Toronto they got that monkey off their back, they needed to close that out and build on this experience.

Although did anyone catch the end of game?

I thought refs only needled the Knicks and no one else. I wonder what it would feel like losing Game 23 during the regular season on a bad call vs losing a game in a best of 7 series Game 7 in the playoffs on a bad call/non call?

Probably rated equally I guess...huh?

Last edited:
Good for Toronto they got that monkey off their back, they needed to close that out and build on this experience.

Although did anyone catch the end of game?

I thought refs only needled the Knicks and no one else. I wonder what it would feel like losing Game 23 during the regular season on a bad call vs losing a game in a best of 7 series Game 7 in the playoffs on a bad call/non call?

Probably rated equally I guess...huh?

Yeah, it's kind of interesting how the exact same thought regarding "getting the monkey off their back" hit me with the Toronto game 7 win. At the same time though, did Lowry really do anything to shake his own personal playoff shooting monkey? Lowry shot 36% from the floor in game 7 and went 0 for 4 from 3 in the game. That leaves him having shot 32% from the floor and 16% from 3 for the series.

Then you look at DeRozan and he shot 10 for 32 (31%) from the floor in game 7. He finishes having shot 32% from the floor and 17% from 3 in the series.

It's amazing how the Raptors survived that 1st round series despite such consistently lousy shooting from their two high-scoring guards.

On the flip side, Paul George shot 46% from the floor and 42% from 3 for the series and he's the one going home.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wasn't real impressed with the Raps in the 1st round, I think the Heat beat them the next round. I also think the Hawks give the Cavs all they can handle but the Cavs still advance.

Absolutely no drama in the WC, Spurs and Warriors should advance easily setting up a Warriors/Spurs WC finaks

The way the Raptors vs Pacers 7 game series were played each game i seen the Pacers athleticism were the better team .. the Raptors had more experience veterans to pull-out the win in the 7th game ..
Great Series to watch!

D.Wade giving the Heats 7th game win over Hornets to teammate Dragic performance has to speak volumes on the Heats leadership on the court. Walker & Lin showed a phenomenal backcourt throughout the series, but HOF D.Wade player/coach/leadership on the court won the series ..
Great Series to watch!

The rebuilding Boston Celtricks having consecutive trips to the first round playoffs are what i consider is a Rebuilding-Team, and organization .. thas wise enough not to pay a scorer-player $25M per.
Im suprise at the Atlanta Hawks Teague not making it a 5 games series vs Boston.

The WEST Coast playoff has been PHONEY, and a waste of time to watch.
The only series worth watching were the Clippers vs Blazers, until we got a repeat of last-season Clippers performance again holding a 3-1 lead over the Rockets to lose the series to the rockets.

Kiyaman

Legend
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, Spurs still had a shot but...

The same Reff also seen Ginobli foot go over the line defending which gave Waiters the opportunity to touch a player out of bounds.
All the WEST-Coast games are PHONEY ...lastseason WCF teams met again in this season first-round playoff both having 85% of the same roster !!!

GS were suppose to bumb-heads with the Clippers in a playoff-series last year, and this year.
GS Warriors and LA Clippers roster and their coach match-up EVEN in a Playoff-Series .. I have to wait till next year!
The Lebron Cavs are the only team thas proving to be a first-seed team by having a 5-0 record in the playoff.

Broadway

All Star
The same Reff also seen Ginobli foot go over the line defending which gave Waiters the opportunity to touch a player out of bounds.
All the WEST-Coast games are PHONEY ...lastseason WCF teams met again in this season first-round playoff both having 85% of the same roster !!!

GS were suppose to bumb-heads with the Clippers in a playoff-series last year, and this year.
GS Warriors and LA Clippers roster and their coach match-up EVEN in a Playoff-Series .. I have to wait till next year!
The Lebron Cavs are the only team thas proving to be a first-seed team by having a 5-0 record in the playoff.

There were literally like 100 violations on that last play and nothing was called. I mean they had their minds made up they weren't calling anything. And to be honest about 9.5/10 refs won't make calls in final moments of games to decide it. This is the key moment in a game where they really try to 1 up all viewers.

It's embarrassing yet a hoot for me...because I said all along these guys are absolute TRASH at their profession I mean the no debating worse professionals in all of sports. They have now made 2 series about them in the playoffs and trust there will be MORE IN STORE from them.

Get buckled in folks the rest of these playoffs are gonna be a bumpy ride...lol

tiger0330

Legend

Heat took the 1st game in Toronto despite playing a sloppy game. The Raps backcourt esp Lowry have to get untracked. Lowry didn't score his first points until well into the 3rd period. DeRozan missed a couple of critical FT's and a layup in crunch time.

Dragic played a great game 1 and carved up the Raps.