2016 NBA Playoffs

tiger0330

Legend
Curry won't be back this game. I'd say he's out a couple weeks minimum with a knee sprain.
Curry MRI showed grade 1 knee sprain, will be re-evaluated in 2 weeks. Best scenario the Warriors could have hoped for and if Portland can push the Clips to a 7 game series it may mean he can come back for around game 2 of the semi-finals.

Still he won't be playing the minutes he would be playing in the rest of the playoffs if he were healthy. Now he's not only got the knee sprain but the sore ankle that may limit not only his minutes but his effectiveness as well.

Kiyaman

Legend
Curry MRI showed grade 1 knee sprain, will be re-evaluated in 2 weeks. Best scenario the Warriors could have hoped for and if Portland can push the Clips to a 7 game series it may mean he can come back for around game 2 of the semi-finals.

Still he won't be playing the minutes he would be playing in the rest of the playoffs if he were healthy. Now he's not only got the knee sprain but the sore ankle that may limit not only his minutes but his effectiveness as well.

My Daughter said "The GS Warriors dont need Curry to sweep Houston or go 4-1, Warriors will need Curry vs Westbrook in the next series". I have to agree with my daughter, why waste Curry energy on a problem opponent that dont let their other super-star player in the offense (D.Howard) .... remind me of ISO-Melo and Amare vs the Miami Heat Big-3 in 2012, when Lin Sanity performance took us to the 8th seed.

The Hornets are on track to tie series at 2-2 vs Miami Heat .. Lin Sanity putting in star quality work in Charlotte

OKC are back on track handing Dallas its 4th LOSS .. funny how coach Carlisle excluded Deron Williams out of the rotation slowly throughout the series .. Dallas had 4 PG in their regular season rotation and none of the 4 PG had starter quality, good 20 minute backup quality. BEWARE .. I can bet my last dollar on Phil Jackson going after one of Dallas 4 PG to as our starter next season. SAD!

Now (latenite) its time for the Lillard-Plumlee - Blazers to tie the Clippers series at 2-2 tonight

Kiyaman

Legend
Lillard remind me of a young Chris Paul n Westbrook rolled-up in one player .. getting a steal n assist in one play as if its easy as bouncing the ball

Kiyaman

Legend
Chris Paul out with finger injury .. Portland will win the series easily by 4-2 .. if CP3 miss the next two games .... Plumlee 14 rbs 10 ast ...on his way to getting a triple-double in the series

Here we go again .. last year postseason games had practically half the playoff teams PG out with injury.
Conley .. Deron .. Curry .. CP3

tiger0330

Legend
Chris Paul out with finger injury .. Portland will win the series easily by 4-2 .. if CP3 miss the next two games .... Plumlee 14 rbs 10 ast ...on his way to getting a triple-double in the series

Here we go again .. last year postseason games had practically half the playoff teams PG out with injury.
Conley .. Deron .. Curry .. CP3
Tough break for CP3, it would have been a tall order to get to the NBA finals with SA and GS there but another first round exit. BG may also be out.

I would think the Warriors would prefer to face POR rather than the Clips with Curry possibly out for the semi's.

Last edited:
Toronto comes back to beat Indiana to take control of that series. Boston making their two wins at home a moot point since they once again barely show up for a game in Atlanta down by 22 well into the 3rd quarter.

Kiyaman

Legend
Tough break for CP3, it would have been a tall order to get to the NBA finals with SA and GS there but another first round exit. BG may also be out.

I would think the Warriors would prefer to face POR rather than the Clips with Curry possibly out for the semi's.

Last year i was looking forward to seeing a playoff series of Clippers vs Warriors for a real battle .. CP3 vs Curry and Blake vs Green and Doc vs Kerr .... I was looking forward to this year 2nd round of Clippers vs Warriors .. Now This!

Indiana Pacers were ripping a new hole in the Raptors the first three quarters of the 5th game, when the 4th qtr. arrive a energized Raptors team took the court to go on a 17-2 run to tie the game at 92. the Raptors went on to stretch the run to 23-2 taking a 98-92 lead over the Pacers. Raptors
The Pacers rookie Miles Turner postseason performance are why the Pacers has a chance of winning the series.
Looking at Miles Turner regular season stats of 20 minute per 50% fg, 10 pts, 5 rb, 1 blk, plus force opponent to change their shot selection when they venture inside

tiger0330

Legend
Last year i was looking forward to seeing a playoff series of Clippers vs Warriors for a real battle .. CP3 vs Curry and Blake vs Green and Doc vs Kerr .... I was looking forward to this year 2nd round of Clippers vs Warriors .. Now This!

Indiana Pacers were ripping a new hole in the Raptors the first three quarters of the 5th game, when the 4th qtr. arrive a energized Raptors team took the court to go on a 17-2 run to tie the game at 92. the Raptors went on to stretch the run to 23-2 taking a 98-92 lead over the Pacers. Raptors
The Pacers rookie Miles Turner postseason performance are why the Pacers has a chance of winning the series.
Looking at Miles Turner regular season stats of 20 minute per 50% fg, 10 pts, 5 rb, 1 blk, plus force opponent to change their shot selection when they venture inside
Raps and DeRozan finally woke up. DeRozan was noticeably more aggressive going to the rack the whole game but they were still losing going into the 4th despite a great game by him.

Its not over but I'm glad they pulled it out, the Rap fans deserves for their team to make it to the EC finals. I always admired their fan base up in Toronto, great fans up there.

jimkcchief88

All Star
We were getting the worst whipping in playoff history by the Miami Heat big-3 when Amare hit the fire-extinguisher ... It's not about the Pacers, it's about the Toronto Raptors performance in the regular season were suppose to beat the Pacers in 5 games .. The Pacers are going toe to toe with Raptors, advancing Paul George leadership performance up a level or two above both Derozen n Lowry
Sorry I guess it's been too long since we were relevant...but PG 40 points didn't stop the Pacers from losing. So now judge PG like Melo. Let me help: selfish, doesn't make his teammates better, not clutch....

jimkcchief88

All Star
Unbelievable PJAx is still claiming we don't need a PG...Portland and Charlotte are making big noise in these playoffs in big part because of thier backcourts and we have the worst backcourt in the league um um um....:(

tiger0330

Legend
Unbelievable PJAx is still claiming we don't need a PG...Portland and Charlotte are making big noise in these playoffs in big part because of thier backcourts and we have the worst backcourt in the league um um um....:(
PJax and that triangle. Also thinks the 3 isn't that important, he hasn't noticed the Warriors Curry made 402 of them for a team that won 73 games or that Hornets/Heat game where despite being outplayed by the Heat the Hornets pulled it out by shooting the 3 better.

Kiyaman

Legend
PJax and that triangle. Also thinks the 3 isn't that important, he hasn't noticed the Warriors Curry made 402 of them for a team that won 73 games or that Hornets/Heat game where despite being outplayed by the Heat the Hornets pulled it out by shooting the 3 better.

PJ won 10 championship rings on 3 pt shooting in the 4th quarter!
The NBA 2015-16 season was all PHONEY plus CHUMP B.Ball by 95% of the teams in the league because the majority of teams were shooting 3s at the start to end of every game .. unnecessary WEAK basketball u expect from 8 yr old to 12 yr old kids.
I was disgusted with my Knicks every time our 7.3 rookie took the first shot of the game from behind the 3 ball line ... Kids Play!

The Hornets are using a great strategy on the Miami Heat by running a 9 man rotation with 5 BIGS in the rotation and only 4 guards. The Hornets BIGS has stopped the Heat from getting easy inside scoring.
We were suppose to run the same type of rotation in the regular season using 5 BIGS (Lopez, KP, Quinn, Serafin, D.Will) and 5 guards (Melo, Calderon, Afflalo, Gallo, Grant) to gain a confidence chemistry within teammates .. Not DNP B.Ball

pat

Starter
guys like dirk and carlilse are easy to play for and with I assume. that permeates the locker room...

This is what we have been lacking for some time now: A class organisation with class guys, leading by example and a front office that knows how to built a team where players skills complement each other while their characters also allow for a healthy locker room. You can always incorporate a few knuckleheads if there are plenty of other guys around who set a different tone.
Dolan does not give anybody with expertise the freedom to do this, even if it takes some time. Over the years our teams where constructed like a fans' fantasy NBA squad, because -- whomsoever the GM/President was, always needed to get in players who put butts in seats. And NYC fans lack of patience plays a big role in this.
I know many of you guys despise PJax, but should he leave without success, the Knicks will become toxic to everyone who might have the skills to fix this ball club and as long as the Knicks are profitable (which they will always be with at least one star player and gazillions of tourists flocking to the Garden) the league will not interfere.

pat

Starter
guys like dirk and carlilse are easy to play for and with I assume. that permeates the locker room...

This is what we have been lacking for some time now: A class organisation with class guys, leading by example and a front office that knows how to built a team where players skills complement each other while their characters also allow for a healthy locker room. You can always incorporate a few knuckleheads if there are plenty of other guys around who set a different tone.
Dolan does not give anybody with expertise the freedom to do this, even if it takes some time. Over the years our teams where constructed like a fans' fantasy NBA squad, because -- whomsoever the GM/President was, always needed to get in players who put butts in seats. And NYC fans lack of patience plays a big role in this.
I know many of you guys despise PJax, but should he leave without success, the Knicks will become toxic to everyone who might have the skills to fix this ball club and as long as the Knicks are profitable (which they will always be with at least one star player and gazillions of tourists flocking to the Garden) the league will not interfere.

paris401

Starter

how do u know dolan is to blame??? it seems he has given the zen-master carte blanche to make moves.. and so far his moves SUCK..as to him leaving.. we are already toxic... I don't see a mad dash for FA's flockin to 33rd street..

tiger0330

Legend
Celtics got eliminated in 6 but nobody should feel sorry for them, they could have cap space for two max players and they have 8 draft picks alone this year.I can't remember a playoff team having so many assets, winning teams usually have no cap space and nothing like 8 picks.

Kiyaman

Legend
how do u know dolan is to blame??? it seems he has given the zen-master carte blanche to make moves.. and so far his moves SUCK..as to him leaving.. we are already toxic... I don't see a mad dash for FA's flockin to 33rd street..

Dolan has never gave PJ 100% control over the Knicks organization .. PJ and Fisher would have never traded Tyson Chandler n Felton, nor would PJ n Fisher sign a no-defense locker-room-Divider ISO-Melo to a $25M per for 5 years of Ball-Hogging. Plus PJ n Fisher would never put a young underdeveloped 7.3 rookie in the starter lineup that are clueless on how to perform inside the POST on offense and defense.
All of the above mention are owner Dolan moves.

I been checking-out the Raptors vs Pacers playoff series to watch a real talented 6.11 rookie Miles Turner dominate the POST on offense and defense performing with a Big-man instinct to give the Pacers 2 wins in the series.
Plus the Raptors Big-men Valanciunas, Patterson, Biyombo, and Luis Scola are no slouch in the paint.
Larry Bird may have picked the 2nd best Big-man in the 2015 draft class in Miles Turner.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Sorry I guess it's been too long since we were relevant...but PG 40 points didn't stop the Pacers from losing. So now judge PG like Melo. Let me help: selfish, doesn't make his teammates better, not clutch....

why would you judge them the same? PG doesnt have the label of being a career playoff loser which carmelo is...

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Celtics got eliminated in 6 but nobody should feel sorry for them, they could have cap space for two max players and they have 8 draft picks alone this year.I can't remember a playoff team having so many assets, winning teams usually have no cap space and nothing like 8 picks.

the celts will be fine, they are the Next team up, as to speak. Youth, picks and they have talent and a great coach..

pat

Starter

I am not even talking about players, but front office/coaching candidates who could shape this franchise for years to come. We haven't got a programme which signals to players 'if you come here, you'll win as long as you do as you are told'. This is where it starts, not with the free agents. If executives realised, that Dolan actually let's you do thing your way, without any kind of interference, NY might be quite an option. If you could become the GM/president/coach who saved the Knicks, this would be huge.