2017 NBA Playoffs

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
GSW is the better team, they were better last yr before the Draymond Green ejection and Bogut injury. Lebron started this super team BS in 2010 and he's getting his own medicine shoved down his throat. Durant will never be considered a true great IMO because he copied a fraud and became a fraud, although he's playing like the best player in the NBA at least this series. Where was this KD last yr playing alongside WB?

What a mockery all these players have made this game to be. Lebron is not Jordan, Durant should be ashamed of himself...Curry is a frontrunner and the last 2-3yrs has been a joke of hype. The Finals haven't been entertaining that much or at least not competitive, which is what I was hoping for. Everybody like sheep clamored for this matchup and it's not delivering.

Maybe fans have forgot or have a serious case of CTE but the NBA is not supposed to be WWF/WWE but they drink this script like it's kool-aid!

That's why I'm pulling so hard for this fresh new generation of players because I don't think they will be like the current greats, even if they happen to fall a little short of peak talent they may become more renaissance in nature. At least that's what I hope for.
First of all, WWE is so stupid for a long time that they'd put anyone as champion (or have this series too, but it's possible we'd have some crappy teams fighting it out right now).

I don't think they're that far away from having more competition. This year, it's fine. It'd be worrisome if it happened again next year. I think if other teams load up (Paul to SA for example), then the other teams could benefit from snagging up players that make them a well-rounded team with a couple of stars on it.

I also think Memphis is a major dark horse. Them and a healthy San Antonio could prove that post-up big men dominating isn't gone. Aldridge didn't play well against Golden State, but that could be more on him, even though Golden State are great at defense. The likelihood of a team beating Golden State with that offensive style is incredibly low. Cleveland is an exceptional shooting team, but they don't have all-time great shooters outside of Korver who plays off the ball and doesn't get shots off much against the Warriors. The best way to counter it might be going old school. Let's use Shaq for my example. I know I'm using an all-time great dominant center for this example, but I think it possibly paints the picture clearer. If Shaq joined ANY team with one other very good player, even if it's someone who's never been an All-Star, Conley level, it would probably be a problem for any team. Golden State could destroy with shooting and at an extraordinary rapid pace, but could you imagine even THEM trying to deal with Shaq? The Warriors proved you can win with the three, but it doesn't mean it's NECESSARY to win that way in this era. You have to make the other team work on defense. The Knicks should hire Ewing, Shaq, and Olajuwon to train our big men. They have to imagine that the paint is an island with fire around it and the only option is for them to dominate in there.

Last edited:

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
First of all, WWE is so stupid for a long time that they'd put anyone as champion (or have this series too, but it's possible we'd have some crappy teams fighting it out right now).

I don't think they're that far away from having more competition. This year, it's fine. It'd be worrisome if it happened again next year. I think if other teams load up (Paul to SA for example), then the other teams could benefit from snagging up players that make them a well-rounded team with a couple of stars on it.

I also think Memphis is a major dark horse. Them and a healthy San Antonio could prove that post-up big men dominating isn't gone. Aldridge didn't play well against Golden State, but that could be more on him, even though Golden State are great at defense. The likelihood of a team beating Golden State with that offensive style is incredibly low. Cleveland is an exceptional shooting team, but they don't have all-time great shooters outside of Korver who plays off the ball get shots off much against the Warriors. The best way to counter it might be going old school. Let's use Shaq for my example. I know I'm using an all-time great dominant center for this example, but I think it possibly paints the picture clearer. If Shaq joined ANY team with one other very good player, even if it's someone who's never been an All-Star, Conley level, it would probably be a problem for any team. Golden State could destroy with shooting and at an extraordinary rapid pace, but could you imagine even THEM trying to deal with Shaq? The Warriors proved you can win with the three, but it doesn't mean it's NECESSARY to win that way in this era. You have to make the other team work on defense. The Knicks should hire Ewing, Shaq, and Olajuwon to train our big men. They have to imagine that the paint is an island with fire around it and the only option is for them to dominate in there.

I wish you are in the place of Silver, the NBA is so boring currently....

mafra

Legend
GSW is the better team, they were better last yr before the Draymond Green ejection and Bogut injury. Lebron started this super team BS in 2010 and he's getting his own medicine shoved down his throat. Durant will never be considered a true great IMO because he copied a fraud and became a fraud, although he's playing like the best player in the NBA at least this series. Where was this KD last yr playing alongside WB?

What a mockery all these players have made this game to be. Lebron is not Jordan, Durant should be ashamed of himself...Curry is a frontrunner and the last 2-3yrs has been a joke of hype. The Finals haven't been entertaining that much or at least not competitive, which is what I was hoping for. Everybody like sheep clamored for this matchup and it's not delivering.

Maybe fans have forgot or have a serious case of CTE but the NBA is not supposed to be WWF/WWE but they drink this script like it's kool-aid!

That's why I'm pulling so hard for this fresh new generation of players because I don't think they will be like the current greats, even if they happen to fall a little short of peak talent they may become more renaissance in nature. At least that's what I hope for.

I couldn't agree more. Durant called out Lebron for going to MIA.... then he did the same. If he played like this in WCF, OKC wouldn't have blown a 3-1 lead.

Would somebody protect the rim and send somebody into the cameramen?

Still.... Game 3 will be the critical test. I expected this to go 6 or 7, and I figured most games would be laughers.... the team who won cruised to victory. We'd probably get 1 close, back and forth in the fourth, compelling game.

The role and bench players normally shine brighter at home in these playoff games. Boistered by their fans, it's normally the home bench that wins.... With that said, this means that in CLE,
Watch JR, Jefferson, Deron and the bunch start raining 3s.....

It's not a series until the home team loses.... I do believe GSW is the better team.... but I just wonder if the will of Lebron supersedes that avalanche of talent?

This year, however, CLE must win both Games 3 and 4.... if GSW splits, the Warriors close this out Game 5.

tiger0330

Legend

I also think Memphis is a major dark horse. Them and a healthy San Antonio could prove that post-up big men dominating isn't gone. Aldridge didn't play well against Golden State, but that could be more on him, even though Golden State are great at defense. The likelihood of a team beating Golden State with that offensive style is incredibly low. Cleveland is an exceptional shooting team, but they don't have all-time great shooters outside of Korver who plays off the ball and doesn't get shots off much against the Warriors. The best way to counter it might be going old school. Let's use Shaq for my example. I know I'm using an all-time great dominant center for this example, but I think it possibly paints the picture clearer. If Shaq joined ANY team with one other very good player, even if it's someone who's never been an All-Star, Conley level, it would probably be a problem for any team. Golden State could destroy with shooting and at an extraordinary rapid pace, but could you imagine even THEM trying to deal with Shaq? The Warriors proved you can win with the three, but it doesn't mean it's NECESSARY to win that way in this era. You have to make the other team work on defense. The Knicks should hire Ewing, Shaq, and Olajuwon to train our big men. They have to imagine that the paint is an island with fire around it and the only option is for them to dominate in there.
Great post and quote RJ but for the time being the era of the dominant post player is past. Okafor is a bust because of it and Al Jefferson is a backup now because of it. If the league changes some of the rules, like hand checking, that stupid continuation rule, allowing the offensive player 5 seconds in the lane instead of 3 they could bring back low post bball.

mafra

Legend
Well, to be fair, there just isn't a true dominant big man in the NBA today. If there was, then I imagine he would win and be an asset, if he were a legitimate force in the paint.

Hakeem, Ewing, Shaq would eat Zaza alive and those bigs would score at will on GSW. Not only would they pump in 30 points a game, but these bigs would help contain GSW firepower to a degree.

By slowing down the game and pounding rock in the paint, GSW wouldn't have as many possessions..... and, with a true rim protector, the perimeter defense could cheat and guard 3-point line with greater urgency.

Remember, Tim duncan just dominated NBA and helped build a Spurs dynasty. NBA not far removed from him, is it?

Kiyaman

Legend
Well, to be fair, there just isn't a true dominant big man in the NBA today. If there was, then I imagine he would win and be an asset, if he were a legitimate force in the paint.

Hakeem, Ewing, Shaq would eat Zaza alive and those bigs would score at will on GSW. Not only would they pump in 30 points a game, but these bigs would help contain GSW firepower to a degree.

By slowing down the game and pounding rock in the paint, GSW wouldn't have as many possessions..... and, with a true rim protector, the perimeter defense could cheat and guard 3-point line with greater urgency.

Remember, Tim duncan just dominated NBA and helped build a Spurs dynasty. NBA not far removed from him, is it?

The NBA head coaches are being told to play small-ball, plus let their big men shoot 3s from the perimeter .. it reminds me of all the international basketball teams in the 1970's when the USA Olympic basketball team had only college players. I do understand the meaning of expansion for a business, Butt the NBA's international expansion has made NCAA basketball games better to watch than the weak NBA.

To bad Philly 76ers owner gets his thrills on TANKING every season to be in the LOTTERY ..
Embiid n Okafor n Simmons (equal Olyjuwon n Horry n Drexler) .. all Philly need now is a Kenny Smith n Sam Cassell.

Last years Finals when the Cavs were down 1-3 vs GS Warriors .. the Cavs big-man Tristan Thompson average 40 minutes per game in each of the final 3 games of the series to help the Cavs win the FINALS for the championship trophy.
This season FINALS the Cavs big-man Tristan Thompson has average 20 minute per game in the first two games of the FINALS making both games a GS Warriors blow-out.
Kover and Deron STINK!
The Cavs should have kept Mo Williams and Dellavedova

Broadway

All Star
I wonder how the media/fans will treat Durant if he wins a chip. It's not like he isn't balling out in this series thus far

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
probably similarly to how "bron was treated in his Miami days...

So far he's getting it worse as Lebron has been turned into a Martyr figure with Cavs down 0-2. I think it will eventually catch up to people this wasn't what the league and competition was meant to be about

mafra

Legend
So far he's getting it worse as Lebron has been turned into a Martyr figure with Cavs down 0-2. I think it will eventually catch up to people this wasn't what the league and competition was meant to be about

KD should have it worse, mainly b/c he went on record blasting Lebron for leaving Cle to head to MIA.... on top of that, OKC went to an NBA Finals already and they were poised to beat GSW last year, but lost bc Durant choked in game 6 (when they had a lead late in the game).

How many NBA greats left a championship contender, to join a rival they lost to the year before, especially when that star's poor play was reason the team came up short?

Lebron was blasted for how he handled leaving CLE, the press conference and the pep rally.... then after losing to DAL he ragged on "loser" fans with "pathetic" lives. And, since he did go back and deliver title to CLE, he does get a pass.

Now, if gSW three peat with Durant.... things will start to turn in his favor.

But, I don't care how well he plays this year.... Dude had GSW beat last year but choked. On the other side, Lebron trailed 3-1 and came back and beat GSW last year.

Kiyaman

Legend
I wonder how the media/fans will treat Durant if he wins a chip. It's not like he isn't balling out in this series thus far

Let me see .. 4 all-star players vs Lebron in the FINALS!
When .. Durant had the chance to show super-star leadership by taken less money in OKC to keep his legit drafted BIG-3 lineup of Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka to go to the FINALS several times to win a championship or two.
Westbrook talent has a huge edge over Curry.
Harden talent has a huge edge over Klay.
Ibaka n Adams talent are equal to Green (Barkley).
Durant would have been OKC X-Factor to beat in the WCF .. just like Duncan were for the Spurs.

Kiyaman

Legend
KD should have it worse, mainly b/c he went on record blasting Lebron for leaving Cle to head to MIA.... on top of that, OKC went to an NBA Finals already and they were poised to beat GSW last year, but lost bc Durant choked in game 6 (when they had a lead late in the game).

How many NBA greats left a championship contender, to join a rival they lost to the year before, especially when that star's poor play was reason the team came up short?

Lebron was blasted for how he handled leaving CLE, the press conference and the pep rally.... then after losing to DAL he ragged on "loser" fans with "pathetic" lives. And, since he did go back and deliver title to CLE, he does get a pass.

But, I don't care how well he plays this year.... Dude had GSW beat last year but choked. On the other side, Lebron trailed 3-1 and came back and beat GSW last year.

So True .. So True!

tiger0330

Legend
Let me see .. 4 all-star players vs Lebron in the FINALS!
When .. Durant had the chance to show super-star leadership by taken less money in OKC to keep his legit drafted BIG-3 lineup of Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka to go to the FINALS several times to win a championship or two.
Westbrook talent has a huge edge over Curry.
Harden talent has a huge edge over Klay.
Ibaka n Adams talent are equal to Green (Barkley).
Durant would have been OKC X-Factor to beat in the WCF .. just like Duncan were for the Spurs.
WHAT IF OKC would have been able to keep these guys together. Not quite the shooters the Warriors are, and not the defensive team the Warriors are even with Adams imo. The reason that team got broken up $$$$$!!!! Warriors might have a 200M payroll in a few years, Curry is going to get his franchise contract, KD will get max money this off-season, Iggy is due but they might look to not re-sign him even though he's a nice piece, so to with Livingston.

I said it when they signed Durant that I hoped they would lose just for competitions sake, now you got Barkley attending hockey games because he said the NBA playoffs were boring. Let's hope the NBA salary cap and luxury tax takes a toll on the Warriors for the games sake.

CmiaI7mWIAApqrl.jpg

Broadway

All Star

Durant's is probably worse because when you see a bad example set before you why would anyone repeat it. I challenge the double standard of why he's getting it worse though. Let's get one thing straight...

Lebron will never ever ever ever...ever ever ever, ever ever(Chris Tucker voice) get a free pass from me!!!

Good he delivered a chip for the city of Cleveland but Lebron is the engineer/architect of shortcutting one's way to a chip.

He colluded with D-Wade back during the 2008 Olympics to team up. It's one thing to plan something like this well in advance but to do it where you happen to be the one who leaves your team(City) regarded as the supposed best player ever...to join a player who already won, is criminal beyond! I loathe Lebron like no other. Keep in mind I was one who felt he never was coming to New York back the summer of 2010. I was so pissed we caved at his free agency meeting demands. Wished we would've handled him like The Spurs did with their major free agent pursuits. You come to us to negotiate or no deal...THE END!

Lebron toyed with those franchises, the way he staged his whole free agency knowing he wasn't truly considering any of those teams. I also discovered today Durant went to workout with Lebron the off-season before they met in the Finals the first time. Like for what? I mean Durant it's not like you try to play the game the way he does, it's not like you weren't already better than him in many areas of the game already. It's not like you've morphed your body into some physical specimen since other than the god given height you already possessed. It's almost like he probably wondered what it was like to leave, retracting how he felt(getting up close and personal)...knowing maybe one day he'd do the same. He allowed himself to get poisoned!

I knew Durant was officially fraudulent/suspect when he conceded the scoring title to Melo a few yrs back which could've made it his 4th in a row(historic). Like what true competitor does that? Can any of you imagine Jordan/Magic/Kobe/Bird/Isaiah/Patrick/Reggie/Payton/Barkley/Malone etc etc conceding any personal feat to their peer if they were already on top?

Lebron went on record saying around the time or shortly thereafter joining Heat...league is better when the big markets are winning(L.A., Boston, Chicago, New York). Yet passed 2 times going to any of them. How many times did we read stories of how close he and Melo are? Why did he give strong indications this yr he wanted his team to trade for Melo? Why didn't he have this same stance back in 2010, keep pleading for his team to trade and/or add players he adores to get better? Does anyone honestly think had Lebron stayed in Cleveland never leaving once he wouldn't have a couple chips by now? Not to mention he strategically planned his return to Cleveland...had they not had a better constructed team and assets to pull off those trades he doesn't return, plain and simple. He's a master manipulator of the most disgusting sorts.

He mucked up this the league. Teams have only 2 ways to beat them(Clev/GSW). You have to hope the team you root for either has a colluding stage to host(players talking of teaming up in covert) or you have to hope via miracle a more conventional team beats them. I hate both of them and will never succumb to condoning what they did.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Durant's is probably worse because when you see a bad example set before you why would anyone repeat it. I challenge the double standard of why he's getting it worse though. Let's get one thing straight...

I also discovered today Durant went to workout with Lebron the off-season before they met in the Finals the first time. Like for what? I mean Durant it's not like you try to play the game the way he does, it's not like you weren't already better than him in many areas of the game already. It's not like you've morphed your body into some physical specimen since other than the god given height you already possessed. It's almost like he probably wondered what it was like to leave, retracting how he felt(getting up close and personal)...knowing maybe one day he'd do the same. He allowed himself to get poisoned!

I knew Durant was officially fraudulent/suspect when he conceded the scoring title to Melo a few yrs back which could've made it his 4th in a row(historic). Like what true competitor does that? Can any of you imagine Jordan/Magic/Kobe/Bird/Isaiah/Patrick/Reggie/Payton/Barkley/Malone etc etc conceding any personal feat to their peer if they were already on top?

I swear I did not see this tweet until after I made my post and here we have it...

I knew this clown was a phony...WHAT A DISGRACE!!!

Once upon a time though, Once upon a time

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
To be fair, that's almost six years prior to him joining the Warriors. He was 21. Not long before LeBron left Cleveland he said he wouldn't stop until he brought a championship home. Not saying Durant wouldn't have done the same thing at 21, but he could have been less mature at tweeting that and his mindset could have actually been what he tweeted. Agree with it or not, he could have changed his mind since then. So could have LeBron, even though it was in a much smaller period of time from what he said until he left for Miami.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Another thing that has been hurting teams competing against them aside from the talent difference is injuries. A team has to be healthy to compete against the Cavs and Warriors, especially the Warriors. You're not gonna get a Boston game 3 win against that team if you're not.

Broadway

All Star
To be fair, that's almost six years prior to him joining the Warriors. He was 21. Not long before LeBron left Cleveland he said he wouldn't stop until he brought a championship home. Not saying Durant wouldn't have done the same thing at 21, but he could have been less mature at tweeting that and his mindset could have actually been what he tweeted. Agree with it or not, he could have changed his mind since then. So could have LeBron, even though it was in a much smaller period of time from what he said until he left for Miami.

It's the entitlement generation...let's say over time things changed you have to question why they joined the teams they did. Once again Lebron had his exit strategy prepared yrs in advance. Like why didn't Durant go to Washington(where he's from) to team up with John Wall and Beal to dethrone Lebron? Let's keep it real, they both chose the least path of resistance to the Finals. I don't care what happened over time or why, what I do care about is cheapening the game and the whole point of competition. No one is owed to win.

Matter of fact Durant made a cryptic remark I believe after Lebron won his 2nd chip to the affect of "my time is coming to win a title". Why of course it is Durant...if you're thinking of aligning yourself with a superteam. Please stay off Twitter as a rule if you're emotional, incoherent, or too immature...we know how it'll go in the end.

Also when both of these chumps bolted their respective teams they put on one of the more suspicious postseason performances on their way out. It's because if your heart is elsewhere then it's not where it should be at present thus the fans get a huge shaft on what they figured to be reality at the time.

Case in point Paul George is thinking of leaving Indiana to go to L.A. where he's from(Cali). It's speculated he wants to play back home, he wants to play for the team he grew up rooting for, he's a huge admirer of Kobe(actually working out with him this summer), last but not least he wants to restore winning back to the Lakers franchise. Now one can say why go to L.A. they always get the big fish eventually and they've won enough but at least if he bolts he's going to a team that needs to be uplifted. I can respect if he chooses to leave, although I prefer he stay a Pacer. Yes they can exercise their rights in free agency but at least do it without being disingenuous to the spirit of competition and what the CBA was really designed to prevent.

What the heck did Lebron and Durant truly do for Miami and GSW that was necessary or dire for the franchises? They totally profited the most hand over fist...in fame and fortune. I mean OKC was right there like right there, so close to winning.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
One last note I thought Boston was the first pioneers of superteams? Oh wait Durant totally credits Lebron. I think it's clearly obvious why he did, which only proves the point of those who despise these tactics.