2019 NBA Playoffs

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah I guess we shouldn’t have been surprised by the champs...Clay came out on fire and after the Dubs absorbed the first Craptors run they took over. We even had Boogie show up so damn Craptors give up home court advantage. If KD does make it back it’s huge trouble for Toronto
Having KD and Cuz back is huge for the Dubs, completely changes around the advantage the Raps have with their depth. Saw KD walking around in the arena runway without a noticable limp but he's not cleared to practice, wtf, how bad can his calf be? If KD has any pride he pushes the training staff to clear him for Wed. game at Oracle. Props to Cuz who I thought was done for the season making it back for the finals though he might have more of a financial motivation to return and make an impact because of his FA.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah I guess we shouldn’t have been surprised by the champs...Clay came out on fire and after the Dubs absorbed the first Craptors run they took over. We even had Boogie show up so damn Craptors give up home court advantage. If KD does make it back it’s huge trouble for Toronto��

The reason why Klay Thompson has become my #1 FA selection Perry need to go after first with a $$$ MAX contract in the off-season.
We need Klay's leadership to find all the winning Keepers in our young-core guard-rotation.

jimkcchief88

All Star
The reason why Klay Thompson has become my #1 FA selection Perry need to go after first with a $$$ MAX contract in the off-season.
We need Klay's leadership to find all the winning Keepers in our young-core guard-rotation.

Wouldn?t that be crazy if we got Durant and Klay😉

tiger0330

Legend

Wouldn’t that be crazy if we got Durant and Klay
That would be crazy if Klay came. Unlike KD, his heart is staying with the Warriors and their owner said he wants Steph and Klay there for life omitting mention of KD. Chances got a lot better that they can sign Klay when he failed to make an All NBA team to be eligible for a super max deal.

Dude plays with heart with Kerr saying about him that he's always going to tell you he's OK even if he's hurt. Heart is what makes that GS team go, or right stuff as I've said about them and championship pedigree as others say.

Kiyaman

Legend
Game-3 not looking good for the 2X GS Warriors:

Klay Thompson was diagnosed with a hamstring strain after getting an MRI on Monday, according to Shams Charania.
Charania added that Thompson will likely be questionable to play in game 3 of the NBA Finals on Wednesday.
Thompson suffered the injury in the 4th quarter of game 2.

Kevon Looney will be "out indefinitely" after suffering a fracture in his collarbone, according to Adrian Wojnarowski.
Looney was diagnosed with a non-displaced first costal cartilage fracture after getting an MRI on Monday.
Though he could be re-evaluated in the future, sources say that the Warriors are not optimistic that he will play again in the NBA Finals.
Knicks fans hope this doesn't mess up KD leaving them .. If KD comes riding to the rescue he could finally get the appreciation he craves from fans and Warriors organization SMH

tiger0330

Legend
Having KD and Cuz back is huge for the Dubs, completely changes around the advantage the Raps have with their depth. Saw KD walking around in the arena runway without a noticable limp but he's not cleared to practice, wtf, how bad can his calf be? If KD has any pride he pushes the training staff to clear him for Wed. game at Oracle. Props to Cuz who I thought was done for the season making it back for the finals though he might have more of a financial motivation to return and make an impact because of his FA.

Game-3 not looking good for the 2X GS Warriors:

Klay Thompson was diagnosed with a hamstring strain after getting an MRI on Monday, according to Shams Charania.
Charania added that Thompson will likely be questionable to play in game 3 of the NBA Finals on Wednesday.
Thompson suffered the injury in the 4th quarter of game 2.

Kevon Looney will be "out indefinitely" after suffering a fracture in his collarbone, according to Adrian Wojnarowski.
Looney was diagnosed with a non-displaced first costal cartilage fracture after getting an MRI on Monday.
Though he could be re-evaluated in the future, sources say that the Warriors are not optimistic that he will play again in the NBA Finals.
Knicks fans hope this doesn't mess up KD leaving them .. If KD comes riding to the rescue he could finally get the appreciation he craves from fans and Warriors organization SMH
If KD doesn't beg the training staff to let him play with KT and Looney out, the Warriors and Clips can keep him. I wouldn't want a quitter on the Knicks, thought it was disgusting that he front ran OKC by signing with the team that beat his in the playoffs. He should play just to get Oracle rocking and to motivate the Warriors like Willis did in the finals coming out of the tunnel on a bad wheel.

Kiyaman

Legend
If KD doesn't beg the training staff to let him play with KT and Looney out, the Warriors and Clips can keep him. I wouldn't want a quitter on the Knicks, thought it was disgusting that he front ran OKC by signing with the team that beat his in the playoffs. He should play just to get Oracle rocking and to motivate the Warriors like Willis did in the finals coming out of the tunnel on a bad wheel.

So so true .. Reed # 19 Jersey stands for a WINNER in MSG !!!

tiger0330

Legend
KD out. Must win game for the Raps if you can't win against a Dubs team minus Klay and KD you probably aren't going to win the series. Cuz, Iggy, Livingston starting for the Dubs.

tiger0330

Legend
KD out. Must win game for the Raps if you can't win against a Dubs team minus Klay and KD you probably aren't going to win the series. Cuz, Iggy, Livingston starting for the Dubs.
I guess it must be pretty obvious but Mark Jackson just said TOR might as well go home if you can't take advantage of an undermanned Dubs squad and steal a game tonight.

tiger0330

Legend
Durant is an oddball. KT is on the bench watching the game but KD while in the building is watching from the locker room or maybe from one of those luxury boxes snacking on nachos and popcorn. Maybe Barkley is right, the NY press would eat him up, and maybe we shouldn't sign a guy on the wrong side of 30.

Durant is an oddball. KT is on the bench watching the game but KD while in the building is watching from the locker room or maybe from one of those luxury boxes snacking on nachos and popcorn. Maybe Barkley is right, the NY press would eat him up, and maybe we shouldn't sign a guy on the wrong side of 30.

KD averaged 35 points per game on 57% shooting from the floor in the 1st round of the playoffs against the Clippers. He did it while also averaging over 5 boards and 5 assists per game. NYC media can go **** itself. We want this guy playing for us.

Kiyaman

Legend
KD averaged 35 points per game on 57% shooting from the floor in the 1st round of the playoffs against the Clippers. He did it while also averaging over 5 boards and 5 assists per game. NYC media can go **** itself. We want this guy playing for us.

KD post-season stats vs Clippers/Rockets tell u the Warriors are a DYNASTY with him on board !!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, what a bucket by Van Vleet late in the game, Raptors about to win Game 3

tiger0330

Legend
KD post-season stats vs Clippers/Rockets tell u the Warriors are a DYNASTY with him on board !!!

Great player. Just don't like that he's not playing with a strained calf injury that he sustained in the 5th game of the second round and why is he not on the bench rooting for his teammates. Maybe that "body language" just means he's not happy with the Warriors and is the reason he's leaving but I just don't like it.

tiger0330

Legend
Wow, what a bucket by Van Vleet late in the game, Raptors about to win Game 3
If the Raps had made the shots they made tonight in game 2 they would be up 3-0. Durant better be back for game 4, Klay's injury looked like more than a 1game injury, I'd be surprised if he makes it back for game 4.

tiger0330

Legend
If the Raps had made the shots they made tonight in game 2 they would be up 3-0. Durant better be back for game 4, Klay's injury looked like more than a 1game injury, I'd be surprised if he makes it back for game 4.
Klay pushed to play Wed but Warriors held him out fearing he would make his injury worse, both him and KD may play on Friday. I hope so Raps winning the championship without those 2 playing would deserve a big asterisk in the record books. Cuz was a non-factor Wednesday, Kerr should go with Bogut to counter Gasol. If a team wants to roll the dice, you probably can pick up Cuz cheap this off season and to think we were talking about a super max deal for the guy a couple of seasons ago, best move Divac made trading the guy when he said absolutely we’re going to resign Cousins.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Klay pushed to play Wed but Warriors held him out fearing he would make his injury worse, both him and KD may play on Friday. I hope so Raps winning the championship without those 2 playing would deserve a big asterisk in the record books. Cuz was a non-factor Wednesday, Kerr should go with Bogut to counter Gasol. If a team wants to roll the dice, you probably can pick up Cuz cheap this off season and to think we were talking about a super max deal for the guy a couple of seasons ago, best move Divac made trading the guy when he said absolutely we?re going to resign Cousins.

Durant (calf) is out for Friday's Game 4 against the Raptors, Anthony Slater of The Athletic reports.
The Warriors are down 2-1, so the clock is ticking, but Durant isn't yet ready to return to the floor. It's possible Durant will be able to return for Monday's Game 5, but at this point the Warriors are handling his status on a day-to-day basis with the hope that he'll be able to play at some point in the series. "There was no setback," coach Steve Kerr said. "I was hoping today would be the day he'd get back on the floor. It's not going to be today. It's going to be tomorrow or next couple days." ?????

Klay Thompson (hamstring) will return for Friday's Game 4 against Toronto, Yahoo Sports reports. He is not expected to have a minutes restriction.
The Warriors took Thompson's status down to the wire heading into Game 3, but the sharpshooter was ultimately held out after tweaking his hamstring in Game 2. The hope is that Thompson, who dressed for Game 3, will make significant progress over the next two days, but with only one day off between Games 3 and 4, he'll likely still be at less than 100 percent. "The whole point was to not risk a bigger injury that would keep him out of the rest of the series," Warriors coach Steve Kerr said of the decision to hold Thompson out Wednesday. "The good thing is Klay has done well the last two days, now he has a couple more days to heal, and hopefully he'll be out there [for Game 4] on Friday." !!!

Kiyaman

Legend

The Raptors may have a good chance to win Game-4, even with a healthy Klay back in the lineup .. if the Raptors MIP Pascal Siakam get over the fear of Draymond Green defending him. Green did a great job defending Siakam in Game-2. Siakam had 12 pts, 8 rb, 5 ast, on 30% FGA.
In Game-3 the Raptors offense did their best to pick/screen Green far from Siakam on offensive possession, Siakam were able to score 18 pts, 9 rbs, and give out 6 Dimes on 50% FGA.

I never been a fan of Lowry's inconsistent postseason performance, I always seen Lowry as a great backup PG off the bench when he was with the Houston Rockets. Lowry has always been the Raptors biggest weakness in the playoffs, and his up and down performance will lead to the winner of Game-4. I was so happy the Knicks never traded for Lowry to be our starting PG.

The Raptors beating the 2X champion Warriors "SPLASH-Brothers" in GS may become an impossible task tonight !!!

mafra

Legend
I wonder if Porzingis is healthy last year... do we trade for KL? Man, KL better than anybody on floor tonight... a man amongst boys.

mafra

Legend
Mitchell Robinson plans to attend Game 5 of Raptors-Warriors with assistant coach Pat Sullivan, per SNY sources. And Kevin Knox, Kadeem Allen, and Allonzo Trier plan to attend Game 4 of the Finals on Friday night, a source confirmed to SNY.

Last year, David Fizdale brought Emmanuel Mudiay, Damyean Dotson, and Frank Ntilikina to a Celtics-Cavs playoff game. He wanted to show them the atmosphere of playoff basketball. After the season, he said he intended to do the same with the young Knicks from the 2018-19 team.