2019 NBA Playoffs

Kiyaman

Legend
Pop and SA developed him into a great player I doubt he would have flourished with the Knicks. You would hope that changes with Craig Robinson and Fizdale in charge of development but I'm not holding my breath that Knox is going to be an AS.

I have to agree, Pop and Spurs Trio-stars Dunkin/Ginobli/Parker groomed Kawhi into a super-star player.
The Knicks organization could have never improve Kawhi's NBA growth as a rookie having a Dum-Dum GM Walsh, plus a havoc coaching-staff Damntony, and two star players Amare/Melo that hated each other to the point of dividing the locker-room.

Did the addition of Kawhi have anything to do with making teammate Siakam the best improve player of the year ???

jimkcchief88

All Star
Congrats to the Craptors!!! Can?t believe I?m saying that but I watched game 6 with a Craptors fan that lives close to Milwaukee. So he schooled me on all things Craptors including their bench mob. I didn?t know Kyle Lowry has nickname of P-skills or Spicey P. And I made him repeat it more than once. Where does the ?P? come from? Or do I have it all wrong and it?s Paul Lowry? And I still don?t know who Norm Powell is. My buddy kept saying ?Norm? and I?m like who????? Maybe it was the gallon of Hen he brought along for my birthday:) Anyway congrats to the Craptors and I was glad to see them beat the Bucks because the few Bucks fans you meet are annoying and don?t know **** about basketball they just regurgitate what they hear on TV. Here?s to a watchable final. I sold a car to a high school hoops coach Saturday who felt like Craptors had a good chance against GSW. Let?s all hope he is right.

Kiyaman

Legend
Congrats to the Craptors!!! Can’t believe I’m saying that but I watched game 6 with a Craptors fan that lives close to Milwaukee. So he schooled me on all things Craptors including their bench mob. I didn’t know Kyle Lowry has nickname of P-skills or Spicey P. And I made him repeat it more than once. Where does the “P” come from? Or do I have it all wrong and it’s Paul Lowry? And I still don’t know who Norm Powell is. My buddy kept saying “Norm” and I’m like who????? Maybe it was the gallon of Hen he brought along for my birthday:) Anyway congrats to the Craptors and I was glad to see them beat the Bucks because the few Bucks fans you meet are annoying and don’t know **** about basketball they just regurgitate what they hear on TV. Here’s to a watchable final. I sold a car to a high school hoops coach Saturday who felt like Craptors had a good chance against GSW. Let’s all hope he is right.

Happy BDay Chief88 .. Salute on the Hen .. I was surprised and shocked at the Raptors game 3 and game 4 win. Fleet and Powell stepped up their performance in those two games for the Raptors win. I was leaning heavy on Giannis & Middleton controlling the tempo to win the series in 6 games .. But Kawhi and Saikam put on a MJ and Pippin dynamic show to win 4 straight games. The Game-5 win by the Raptors snatch all the confidence I had in the Bucks winning the series. Both teams biggest weakness were their starter PG .. Bledsoe and Lowry has a habit of playing poor in the post season games.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Tonight it's on .... The First Game of the FINALS !!!

Who u like?
The Kawhi Raptors?
Or the Curry Champion Warriors?

The Warriors injury-list got me to baffle to select a winner of the FINALS series .. so I have to bet one game at a time SMH

tiger0330

Legend
Tonight it's on .... The First Game of the FINALS !!!

Who u like?
The Kawhi Raptors?
Or the Curry Champion Warriors?

The Warriors injury-list got me to baffle to select a winner of the FINALS series .. so I have to bet one game at a time SMH
The Dubs better get KD back, don't see how they win with that second unit of theirs. Scotia is really loud, couldn't even hear JVG and the game hadn't started, home court for the EC is going to be a factor.

tiger0330

Legend
The Dubs better get KD back, don't see how they win with that second unit of theirs. Scotia is really loud, couldn't even hear JVG and the game hadn't started, home court for the EC is going to be a factor.
Cuz is back, let's see if he's a factor after that long layoff.

tiger0330

Legend
Raptors move on to the NBA Finals handing the Bucks their 4th straight loss to beat them in 6. Another comeback win for them after being down 15 in the 3rd. Reggie said it the Freak showing the holes in his game that were exposed by the Raps that will make many rethink the greatest player in the game hype that surrounded him this season.

Raps finally make it to the finals and Ujiri's big trade pays off, just as importantly I think this success means Kawhi takes the Raps dough and stays in TOR so they don't lose Kawhi after a season. It wasn't just Kawhi these last 2 games, Lowry stepped up tonight and Vanvleet couldn't have picked a better time to snap that shooting slump he's been in. If Gasol can get it going like Vanvleet and Powell and play like a former NBA AS they can make it tough on the Warriors.
Gasol got it going, leading scorer with 14pts 2 3s. Dubs containing Kawhi but these other guys like Gasol and Vanvleet stepping up. TOR with a 59-49 lead at the half.

Kiyaman

Legend

So so true .. GS need KD for this series, matter fact they need KD in the 2nd half of the game .. Half-Time score Raps 59 GS 49
Gasol played the MAN in the first half !!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Impressive win for the Raptors in their first Finals appearance. Warriors need to prove they can win this title w/o KD but in game 1 they didn't look like they could. Either way, i'm happy.

tiger0330

Legend
Impressive win for the Raptors in their first Finals appearance. Warriors need to prove they can win this title w/o KD but in game 1 they didn't look like they could. Either way, i'm happy.
Might be a TOR sweep if KD doesn't return. Iggy looked like he reinjured that calf that kept him out last series. TOR has an impressive number of 3 pt shooters, Kawhi, Vanvleet, Green, Siakam, Powell, Lowry and even Gasol can knock down the 3.

mafra

Legend
Imagine that... dominant bigs and disciplined, stout defense eradicates sharp-shooting three-point small ball oriented offense? It appears b-ball is still b-ball

tiger0330

Legend
Imagine that... dominant bigs and disciplined, stout defense eradicates sharp-shooting three-point small ball oriented offense? It appears b-ball is still b-ball
Raps play their share of small ball taking 33 3s to the Dubs 31 in game 1. Both played stout D and they contained Kawhi, Raps just have more depth. Going to be a somewhat tainted victory without KD and Cuz making a token appearance, I'd expect Iggy to play limited minutes as well, he was struggling even before he pulled up with that calf injury so I don't think he was 100‰ coming into game 1.

mafra

Legend
Raps play their share of small ball taking 33 3s to the Dubs 31 in game 1. Both played stout D and they contained Kawhi, Raps just have more depth. Going to be a somewhat tainted victory without KD and Cuz making a token appearance, I'd expect Iggy to play limited minutes as well, he was struggling even before he pulled up with that calf injury so I don't think he was 100‰ coming into game 1.

Tainted? GSW a dynasty before KD and Cousins. DC hasn?t been there all year, for the most part. Is the GSW title against a depleted Cavs title tainted, bc Kyrie and Love were hurt?

Sure, TOR employs a 3 arsenal... but, they have 3 quality 7-footers that GSW cannot guard.

Small ball teams cannot stop a dominant force in the paint. A Shaq, Russell, Ewing, Hakeem, Kareem type will/can and still win titles, even in this evolved NBA modern era.

Shaq, Duncan, Dirk...

Let?s see if TOR can continue to exploit GSW and win a chip, first, before we officially declare victory.

But HOU and dantoni show us every year... when refs swallow whistle... a defense is tough.... much harder to hit 3 consistently than score in paint...

Kiyaman

Legend
Tainted? GSW a dynasty before KD and Cousins. DC hasn’t been there all year, for the most part. Is the GSW title against a depleted Cavs title tainted, bc Kyrie and Love were hurt?

Sure, TOR employs a 3 arsenal... but, they have 3 quality 7-footers that GSW cannot guard.

Small ball teams cannot stop a dominant force in the paint. A Shaq, Russell, Ewing, Hakeem, Kareem type will/can and still win titles, even in this evolved NBA modern era.

Shaq, Duncan, Dirk...

Let’s see if TOR can continue to exploit GSW and win a chip, first, before we officially declare victory.

But HOU and dantoni show us every year... when refs swallow whistle... a defense is tough.... much harder to hit 3 consistently than score in paint...

Gasol's Big-Body in the paint, and Kawhi's complimentary all-around performance sure looked liked the two BIGGEST missing piece the Raptors team needed last year to perform on the next-level in the post-season. And that guy Siakam has been performing on super-star status since the 76ers series, the same 76ers team I thought were gonna knock the Raptors out of the playoff.
The Raptors same-page chemistry performance in the playoff reminds me of the 1990's Bulls MJ & Pippen show having a BigBody in the paint (our 1979 star 3rd pick draft) Bill Cartwright without the triangle.

The GS Warriors players were all mentioning how unexpected they were in Game-1 to the new and improve Raptors team.
I do recall a Raps vs GS game in the regular season this year where Kawhi was out injured, plus the Raptors got Gasol in February.
The big test in the FINALS will be on head-coach Kerr strategic reading of the Raptors offense/defense system in the first 3 games of the FINALS.
Not a easy task or job for Kerr, when the opponent has deep depth in their rotation, plus two athletic forwards that scores easy in transition, plus u have to give Lowry his props for finally playing consistent 2-Way post-season b.ball by not being afraid to get opponents to commit offensive-fouls in the closing minute of the game like we seen many times from the Spurs Ginobli in the playoffs.
Yeah! The championship GS Warriors will have to come-up with a great scheme (healthy Durant) to pull off 4 wins in this FINALS !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Gasol's Big-Body in the paint, and Kawhi's complimentary all-around performance sure looked liked the two BIGGEST missing piece the Raptors team needed last year to perform on the next-level in the post-season. And that guy Siakam has been performing on super-star status since the 76ers series, the same 76ers team I thought were gonna knock the Raptors out of the playoff.
The Raptors same-page chemistry performance in the playoff reminds me of the 1990's Bulls MJ & Pippen show having a BigBody in the paint (our 1979 star 3rd pick draft) Bill Cartwright without the triangle.

The GS Warriors players were all mentioning how unexpected they were in Game-1 to the new and improve Raptors team.
I do recall a Raps vs GS game in the regular season this year where Kawhi was out injured, plus the Raptors got Gasol in February.
The big test in the FINALS will be on head-coach Kerr strategic reading of the Raptors offense/defense system in the first 3 games of the FINALS.
Not a easy task or job for Kerr, when the opponent has deep depth in their rotation, plus two athletic forwards that scores easy in transition, plus u have to give Lowry his props for finally playing consistent 2-Way post-season b.ball by not being afraid to get opponents to commit offensive-fouls in the closing minute of the game like we seen many times from the Spurs Ginobli in the playoffs.
Yeah! The championship GS Warriors will have to come-up with a great scheme (healthy Durant) to pull off 4 wins in this FINALS !!!
Nice post Kiya combining a little finals history and current analysis, Siakam outstanding consistent play the whole year not just in the playoffs makes him the MIP this season. His play a real surprise to me because I thought Anunoby was the better player and the Raps future star, he still may be after being held back by injuries this year but with those 2 the Raps have a bright future.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Nice post Kiya combining a little finals history and current analysis, Siakam outstanding consistent play the whole year not just in the playoffs makes him the MIP this season. His play a real surprise to me because I thought Anunoby was the better player and the Raps future star, he still may be after being held back by injuries this year but with those 2 the Raps have a bright future.

Wow! you know I forgot all bout the Raptors 2nd season SF Anunoby's all-around performance in last year playoff, because of the dynamic forward tandem of Kawhi & Siakam this season. Plus grabbing one of the Top-3 centers in the NBA on Feb. deadline Marc Gasol, to have a 58 win season.

Knick Fans the status on Durant today to play in Game-2 of the FINALS read .. "Durant (calf) is yet to be cleared for practice, Anthony Slater of The Athletic reports.".
Durant played the first 11 games of the postseason before catching a Calf injury, averaging super-star stats scoring 34 pts, 5 rb, 5 ast, 1 stl, and 1 block per game. Durant's injury were on May 4th, today is June 2nd? Wsup???

It's funny how Iggy's Calf injury looked more severe than Durant's injury however, Iggy played in 16 postseason games out of GS 17 games. SMH

Kiyaman

Legend
FINALS .. GAME-2 Raptors Lead Series 1-0
What are GSW coach Kerr going to do ???

First Qtr. .. Raps 27 - GS 26
Half-Time .. Raps 59 - GS 54
3rd Qtr. .. GS 88 - Raps 80 .... GS started the 2nd half going on a 18-0 run
Klay Thompson has been shooting 76% FGA having 25 pts with 5 minute left in 3rd
4th Qtr. .. GS 109 - Raps 104
The 2X Championship GS Warriors tied the FINALS series 1-1

The Raptors shot 29% from the 3 ball line tonite 11-38 .. Once the Raptors were down by 10 pts every offensive possession they shot 3-balls instead of taking the ball inside for 2 pts or a foul .. not a nice way to lose at home.

jimkcchief88

All Star
FINALS .. GAME-2 Raptors Lead Series 1-0
What are GSW coach Kerr going to do ???

First Qtr. .. Raps 27 - GS 26
Half-Time .. Raps 59 - GS 54
3rd Qtr. .. GS 88 - Raps 80 .... GS started the 2nd half going on a 18-0 run
Klay Thompson has been shooting 76% FGA having 25 pts with 5 minute left in 3rd
4th Qtr. .. GS 109 - Raps 104
The 2X Championship GS Warriors tied the FINALS series 1-1

The Raptors shot 29% from the 3 ball line tonite 11-38 .. Once the Raptors were down by 10 pts every offensive possession they shot 3-balls instead of taking the ball inside for 2 pts or a foul .. not a nice way to lose at home.

Yeah I guess we shouldn?t have been surprised by the champs...Clay came out on fire and after the Dubs absorbed the first Craptors run they took over. We even had Boogie show up so damn Craptors give up home court advantage. If KD does make it back it?s huge trouble for Toronto😱