And the Knicks break the 6 game slide; only to beat a top contending Orlando team

The win will be good for their morale, but I can't help to think what would have happened if JN and QR played. The Knicks played with some heart but they still need to step up the Defense in the final minutes.

With that said, I think if the Knicks are built more like a playoff team because they have the potential to adapt to the opposition. In a series I think our experience in Billups can prove worthy. Stat and MeLo can adapt and will inspire their team mates to play with intensity. Once you understand what the other team is doing (in a series) you can make big things happen.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Between the 3 potential opponents that we could play in the first round, I would have to say playing Miami would be my first choice, closely followed by Chicago and then Boston a distant 3rd.

Now, I must admit I don't watch any of these teams like I watch the Knicks, but living in Boston area I do get to see more of the Celtics than the other two, and I know how they step they're game up come playoff time and they would be the last team I wanna play round 1. Pierce is as clutch as they come, he can shoot, drive, pass and rebound, plus he is a very good defender. KG brings the intensity on D and can do some damage in the low post, especially against a team like us. Ray is the best 3pt shooter to ever live and is also very clutch with the game on the line, not to mention he is a b*tch to guard without the ball with all the running around through picks and what not. Rondo is an all around great player, someone I would LOVE to run the point for us as he plays D, creates turnovers, is a freat rebounder for a pg, sets up his teammates with great passing ability and can breakdown Defenses with his driving ability, all despite having an inconsistent jump shot. Throw in role players like a Shaq (who when healthy can give a team like us problems and is still a force down low), Jeff Green, Delonte West, Kristic, Troy Murphy, etc. and they will be a tough out for anyone.

Atleast with Miami we match up a little better inside as they don't have great bigs. Any team that starts Eric Dampier is not deep at the 5, Illgauskus is ok but could be a liabilty against a team that can run like us, and Bosh is more of a jump shooter than someone that's going to hurt you in the paint. They still have LeBron and D-Wade so they will always have a chance to win any game they play due to their talent to take over a game by themselves, but in a 7 game series we could pull of a few wins, even possibly forcing a game 7 then with Melo who knows how that turns out.

Chicage is definatley tough on D as Tibedeau (sp?) Has brought the mentality and toughness needed to be a top defensive team. Noah and Boozer down low will cause problems against our small lineups and undersized bigs, plus with the MVP running point it would be a tough series. The one thing I like though is if we get hot on O at the right time then we could pull an upset as Chicago is obviously not known for their O like they are for their D, and with someone like Melo who can take over a game we would atleast have a decent chance at forcing a game 7. Just my opinions.....

jpz17

Starter
last nights game made me confirm my thoughts that Jeffries is trash and belongs on a high school JV team

KingCharles34

All Star
last nights game made me confirm my thoughts that Jeffries is trash and belongs on a high school JV team

I know was riding Jeffries dikk when we first got him back (N/h) but he was garbage last night, if he was on my computer i would put him in the recycle bin.

Shelden Williams should get more minutes....kinda reminds me of a less athletic Turiaf with better low post defense and durability, Jeffries should be the third string center

smokes

Huge Member
I know was riding Jeffries dikk when we first got him back (N/h) but he was garbage last night, if he was on my computer i would put him in the recycle bin.

Shelden Williams should get more minutes....kinda reminds me of a less athletic Turiaf with better low post defense and durability, Jeffries should be the third string center

Still haven't seen the full game only OT but JJ seemed to be doing good post defense on Howard down the stretch. Honestly that was all I saw of him all game apart from his magnificent no-D on the game-tying 3 pointer in a highlight.