Bulls/Knicks discussing a trade

NYKnicks15

Starter
regardless of how ben wallace is or his contract he is still 100 times more valuable than Quentin Richardson will ever be for us. we definitely dont need an overpaid, injury prone 6,6 "SMALL FORWARD" that has overrated D or a tall shooting guard who plays overrated D, barely plays AND CANT HIT A JUMPER. i dont care what he did THIS month. what happen to all the other months?

ben wallace, former shell or not!, is what we need. i agree i hate the contract but heres a little thing to get through the "dark" if you are saddened if this trade goes through.

Well have a Center that rebounds, blocks, defends, steals, hustles and has one defensive player of the year awards. upgrade from Curry or Randolph?! i think so. Wallace's contract is backwards! meaning he earned most of his money on the front end. so after the 15.5 he earns this year he earns 14.5 next and 14 the last year. and if you look at it by adding up the remainder of what each team will be recieving in contracts the knicks actually take on about 1million less.

its a gamble worth taking. because itll still allow us to stay on course (for us fans who think we should get under the cap) by 3 years time.

metrocard

Legend
What I don't get is when most of us can agree that NY needs a shot blocking defense, rebounding center and have a problem with us getting Wallace. Isn't Wallace all of those things? His contract is bad, so what! Marbury's contract is bad, Francis' contract was bad, Jerome James, Jeffries and so on and so forth. Chicago is in a different situation then us. They had high hopes and now everything is falling apart and for some reason Wallace is taking the blame for it. Wallace wasn't a scoring center in Detroit but he was an important piece and is an important piece to Chicago. The Bulls just overpaid for Ben and can't really see past that. A Wallace/Randolph line up can be serious. Wallace/Oneal, even more serious. That would be straight lock down defense. No one should be able to get inside in NY. Oakley and Mason use to throw guys into the stands. No one is afraid to go inside on Randolph/Curry. That's not the case with big Ben. Players think twice.

Side note: Larry Bird is full of shit! He resigned as coach during one of Indy's best seasons because 'He couldn't get it done.' In his own words, 'If a coach can't get it done in three seasons he needs to move on', so he moved up stairs and still didn't get it done. Why not resign as GM? Oneal wants out, if they get Randolph at least they can still attempt to make a run.

NY primarly needs stability in the front office, an owner who cares, and a GM who has a pulse in his brain. Then we can discuss team needs.

This is what we don't need.
-big contracts
-older players
-ex all stars on the decline players

2004-05 is text messaging you telling you to wake the fuck up and realize its 2008. These guys are over 30 and complete on the decline. They only have 3-4 years left AT MOST; by the team we'll be a playoff team again they'll be retired or completely worn out. So whats the point of this deal? We're not contending and won't be for another 1-2 years until there are some serious changes and shake ups in this whole organization.

You guys sounded exactly the same way when we got Curry/Randolph/Francis/Rose/James/Richardson etc and etc. Look at how those deals blew up in our franchises; you have to be profoundly retarded or must like the taste of Isiah's balls to not realize the problem thats going on within the New York Knicks organization.

NY primarly needs stability in the front office, an owner who cares, and a GM who has a pulse in his brain. Then we can discuss team needs.

-big contracts
-older players

2004-05 is text messaging you telling you to wake the fuck up and realize its 2008. These guys are over 30 and complete on the decline. They only have 3-4 years left AT MOST; by the team we'll be a playoff team again they'll be retired or completely worn out. So whats the point of this deal? We're not contending and won't be for another 1-2 years until there are some serious changes and shake ups in this whole organization.

You guys sounded exactly the same way when we got Curry/Randolph/Francis/Rose/James/Richardson etc and etc. Look at how those deals blew up in our franchises; you have to be profoundly retarded or must like the taste of Isiah's balls to not realize the problem thats going on within the New York Knicks organization.

Seems to me we agree on the Knicks but disagree on the rest of the NBA.

clumsy

Rotation player
Honestly Ben Wallace will be Malik Rose in 1 to 2 years if this trade goes through. Don't buy the hype that good locker room guys are what these players need. We have some already and look how it's helping us now

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Like I said. If the Knicks are stupid enough to trade for the 34 year old, 14.5 million/year Ben Wallace, the Bulls better give us a first round pick and Chris Duhon, too. If not, they can go f*ck themselves. The Bulls organization already screwed us over on that Curry deal, so it would be foolish to let them screw the Knicks over a second time.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

-big contracts
-older players

The Knicks wont be under the cap until 2010. We could trade every tradable player for expiring contracts and may be under the cap in 09 but this would mean trading Lee, Balman, Robinson, Randolph, Curry, Collins, and so on, virtually gutting this team. In reality, that shit aint going to happen. So as it stands Knicks under the cap data 2010.

The rumor, if it's true is Wallace for Rose, Richardson, and Jones. One expiring contract of chump change (Jones 3 mill) and two players that most would say do nothing for us. Even if we were to convince the Bulls to take on some of our bad contracts, the end result is the same. Knicks under the cap 2010. This date does not move back if we get Wallace. It's still 2010. So we've established that it is not fiscally irresponsible to trade for Wallace. It is not the same case of us bringing in Randolph or Francis. Those trades added salary by years, Wallace's contract does not.

paris401

Starter
i think there is something to these rumours...

when isiah left the other night nite after the game (no post-game interview), he was spotted at a duane reade's buying a large tube of vasoline... john paxton is coming to town...and isiah is ready to grab his ankles...

metrocard

Legend
The Knicks wont be under the cap until 2010. We could trade every tradable player for expiring contracts and may be under the cap in 09 but this would mean trading Lee, Balman, Robinson, Randolph, Curry, Collins, and so on, virtually gutting this team. In reality, that shit aint going to happen. So as it stands Knicks under the cap data 2010.

The rumor, if it's true is Wallace for Rose, Richardson, and Jones. One expiring contract of chump change (Jones 3 mill) and two players that most would say do nothing for us. Even if we were to convince the Bulls to take on some of our bad contracts, the end result is the same. Knicks under the cap 2010. This date does not move back if we get Wallace. It's still 2010. So we've established that it is not fiscally irresponsible to trade for Wallace. It is not the same case of us bringing in Randolph or Francis. Those trades added salary by years, Wallace's contract does not.

Isn't it more logical to try to under the cap before 2010 instead of riding out with this defeated mentality and completely ignoring the cap? The cap is there for our benefit.

I'm not sure if you're correct about that; you're telling me if we do this

Ricky Davis(expiring)
Williams(expiring)

for

Crawford
Curry

then

Doleac(expiring)
Ratcliff(expiring)

For

Richardson
Jefferies

then

Randolph for

Claxton(2 years)
Wright(expiring)
Lue(expiring)
Johnson(expiring)

Then buy out Claxton, James, and Rose

we wouldn't be under the cap before 2010?

Maybe theres something I don't know.

Anyway; it still doesn't matter. Adding Wallace will do nothing; Isiah will probably give away another draft pick to take in Chicago's garbage. We have Crawford and Curry, whats the obsession with their bum ass players? I feel like Isiah is a GM for Chicago who's just fucking with the Knicks.

Last edited:
I like the trade. All you have to ask yourself is would you rather see M.Rose and his old ass in there trying to be our "Defencive Pressance" or would you rather see an aged Big Ben? Do you want all the spare minuts going to Rose and Jones or Balkman and Chandler? Hell with Q gone we could even start one of them! I kinda like the sound of Wallace and Randolph with Curry and Lee comming off the bench in a second wave. That and along with the fact that we don't loose a single one of our young guys! Why not?, get it done!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Says the guy who still spends time defending Steph :lol:

Wow. With all the losin us fans have taken its more obvious now then ever that this team needs starbury but you still hatin. Defendin Steph is far more valid then claiming Deron Williams is better then Chris Paul.

theres more starbury defense then starbury hater defense (if that makes sense to you), which concludes that team starbury won. Go look through the threads blow it the F*ck up and at what point are the Knicks better without steph. Team Starbury brought up many key points that were never answered. We also answered every ignorant arguement criticizing Starbury. That debates been over for a while, you just still catchin feelings. Its ok, everyone loses sometimes. Go get yourself a couple of meals at the buffet.

clumsy

Rotation player
I like the trade. All you have to ask yourself is would you rather see M.Rose and his old ass in there trying to be our "Defencive Pressance" or would you rather see an aged Big Ben? Do you want all the spare minuts going to Rose and Jones or Balkman and Chandler? Hell with Q gone we could even start one of them! I kinda like the sound of Wallace and Randolph with Curry and Lee comming off the bench in a second wave. That and along with the fact that we don't loose a single one of our young guys! Why not?, get it done!

I think you'll def lose David Lee in the future with this trade. Wallace will just be eating his minutes. How are you going to split that kinda time with 4 players that all could/should start at pf/c. I would only be for this deal if we could get Curry or Randolph outta town as well for either picks of future cap relief.

[edit] fuck curry tho he should never start again. he needs to be gone. Also I'd rather do whatever it takes to get Okeafor rather than wallace tho that there is no trade rumor there

Pricey

Rotation player
i wouldnt mind Wallace being a Knick as long as we didnt have to give up a good young player. He is getting on with age but fk he defends better then any of our current players which we need. How many games did we lose on the road trip due to avg players driving into the lane against Curry and Randolph. It was a disgrace, i bet u if they saw Wallace in there they wouldnt be doing it as much.
The only other factor is salary cap but the Knicks dont really care about contracts do they :)

GetRealistic

Starter
Wallace can't play anymore. Thats the long and the short of it. Maybe if the Bulls would take Zack or Eddy i'd maybe consider it. As painful as it sounds we're not going to be good for awhile folks so we should stop with the quick fix ideas. This offseason we'll be able to trade Marbury and draft high in the lottery.

Our interior D sucks but so does our perimeter D so we still would be awful on D with or without Wallace.

And metro the Heat don't want Curry and Crawford, the T'wolves would never touch Q and Jefferies.

metrocard

Legend
Wallace can't play anymore. Thats the long and the short of it. Maybe if the Bulls would take Zack or Eddy i'd maybe consider it. As painful as it sounds we're not going to be good for awhile folks so we should stop with the quick fix ideas. This offseason we'll be able to trade Marbury and draft high in the lottery.

Our interior D sucks but so does our perimeter D so we still would be awful on D with or without Wallace.

And metro the Heat don't want Curry and Crawford, the T'wolves would never touch Q and Jefferies.

I know this, I was just using it as an example for Chris.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Ben Wallace will, like someone said on this forum, destory the minutes of David Lee, and Renaldo Balkman. This trade is no good in my opinion.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
This would be another trade that benefits Chicago and straps down the Knicks; like every other trade NY has made with Chicago. I believe Wallace could still have something left if he went to the right team but to bring him here when making the playoffs is such a long shot is just stupid. If we were to get Wallace, I don't think it is the end of the world but I would hope that Isiah has another trade on the horizon to move Either Randolph or Curry. If Randolph was traded, you could move Wallace to the 4 spot, which he could excel and really strengthen Curry's game. Then you could have a rotation of Curry, Wallace and Lee. That would actually be a pretty good treo in my opinion. I would still hope that we could then land Artest and have a starting lineup of Curry, Wallace, Balkman, Artest and Crawford. Not bad, though our week point would still be the point but this would be, in my opinion, a cohesive lineup. Then again, you might have to use Balkman to land Artest then you could start Chandler at the 3 and that would still be a decent starting 5.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'm surprised that every one seems to think this is a bad trade! It's funny to me that 98% of the posters on this forum talk so much shit about Richardson and as soon as his name is mentioned in a not so bad trade he immediately becomes Jesus Christ. We don't need Richardson. We need defense, Wallace addresses our defensive problem in the paint. So what he doesn't score. Don't we have 5-7 other players that all look to score before passing? Doesn't Wallace do what Curry doesn't? True, Wallace has a contract with three years left on it but we loose three players which aren't really doing much. Curry is a good back up Center. Maybe by getting Wallace Curry can see how a real center should play.
Since when does Curry make a good backup center? Curry has always been a starter for every team he's played for, and being that Curry has an ego the size of North America, I doubt he would like to be benched.If you bench Curry, he'll just lose interest in the game and play even worse than he usually does. Plus, Ben Wallace is washed up. He's not nearly as good as he was in Detroit. He used to make a way bigger impact on the Pistons than he does on the Bulls. And considering that he's 34, I don't see him getting any better.Plus, trading those guys for Wallace would help preserve Curry. Why would you want to do that?Who the Knicks should've tried to get was Gasol or Marion, when they had the chance. Or they should've at least made an offer for O' Neal, before he got injured.