CP3 Beasting BIGTIME!!!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Why do people keep asking this question?

I don't understand it..

Didn't we all see how instrumental/ integral Nash was to MDA's offense in Phoenix. Those teams under Nash were quite devastating to say the least..

Why is it so difficult to apply what you saw w those teams and use that info to project into the future. Be a basketbal visionary. Trust it. It's not hard.

PAUL WOULD EXCUTE THIS OFFENSE EVEN BETTER THAN NASH.​

When and if we get him I'll will be proved right RunningJ. You know this..

Next, is this team and the style of play, w it's uptempo, quick shot philosophy conducive to a center who needs the ball in the post?

I think not.

We simply need a number of bigs who can rebound, play D and who know how to move the ball in this offense. Amare is our big who can score and dominate. He is enough.

We don't need a Chandler, or Jordan or a Gasol. The amount of impact they'd have in comparison to Turiaf, JJ and whatever young big we draft, or Jerome Jordan in this offense and on defense would be negligable. As you saw last night if we stick to our principles, not allowing back door cuts and sending guys baselien to the help, our defense can be quite effective with the guys we have. Amare is a capable shot blocker. So is Turiaf. We don't need another center acquired from FA.

Compare said impact to what you would get if we got Paul (You asked me not to tell how great he is again so I'll assume you know what he'd bring) and you can see why he's more important than getting a big.

Other than Howard, who I really don't think fits into what we want to do offensively and also would cramp Amare's style, I don't see any big or two acquisitions that would have a greater impact on this team.

Why:

1. Paul could run the P & R w Amare at the highest level ever seen IMO.
Do not take this lightly as the P& R is the key to our offense and has been sorely missing since we acquired Billups. This in turn would result in less wear and tear on Amare as he'd get easier shots and more clear paths for finishes

2. Paul would elevate guys like Turiaf, Walker, Douglas, Shawn Will and JJ. He brings/ exudes confidence and instills it in his teammates. He also, as consummate true PG, finds his guys easy looks, keeping them involved and making them better. He would do this for us, but more easily mind you, because of the genius in the spacin and principles within our offense. If you guys thought Nash ran this offense wonderfully, wait until we get this guy.. Just wait.

3. Paul would bring his defense. He is the best defensive PG in the league. He lead the league in steals this season. HE WOULD BRING HIS STEALS, DEFENSIVE MENTATLITY AND CONSTANT COMMUNICATION TO THIS TEAM.

4. Paul has the mind and competitive spirit of guys like Magic and Isiah Thomas. You prolly heard that in the broadcast yesterday, but I didn't get it from anyone else. I can see it.. and I've been saying it to anyone who'll listen since I got here to KO. Paul embodies the competitve spirit of the greatest players to ever play this game. You saw how unfazed he was by Kobe and the Lakers. His nature and drive rivals that of Kobe easily. You saw him rob Kobe at the foul line.. Paul is a killer, a dog and that's what you need. Intangibles like that don't come around often. He twice the competitor of a guy like Howard. How many times do see Paul smiling like Howard during a game. Again, like Kobe, PAUL IS A KILLER. He wants to cut your heart out. We have a guy like that in Melo too, but Paul is grimmier that him even. Trust me on this.

5. Also, I don't believe TD is our PG of the future. I see him as a reliable back up who can come in and provide scoring punch off the bench, sorta like Barbosa was w Phoenix.

6. The True PG Factor-- Again he is like Nash in that he can control the tempo of a game completely, even better than Nash actually, while making everyone around him better. He would keep the defense on it's toes at all times. When we'd run the pick and roll teams would have to pick there poison. WE'D BE TOTALLY UNSTOPPABLE OFFENSIVELY.

This is why I feel getting Paul is more important than a couple of average to good acquisitions. If we got him he'd be the best player on this team (Yes he's better than Melo and Amare respectively, and not by a little) and he would turn us into a title contender because of all he brings to a game.

Basically... I just don't understand why people don't get this.
You're right in the sense that Chris Paul would be crazy in the pick n' roll with Amar'e. Even if he'd be about the same as Nash with it, Paul has much better defense than him.

You bring up last night's game, but can we bring that consistently? It wasn't our first good team defensive game. Yeah, it might have been our biggest defensive game, but we need to be consistent. We might need a change in the coaching stuff.

Could we even have Turiaf with Paul? I don't want to give up Fields.

I can understand your excitement though. Chris Paul's a special player. I still disagree with you, but I understand the points you made.

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
CP3 Beasting it again!!!
CP3 is doing it again tonight with a triple double, and the game is still in 4th qtr as he now has 21 Pts, 11 Reb, 14 Ast.

He truly is a special player and props to you Rono on your evaluation of CP3, because you were dead on. I am definitely a believer even more now that he will look great in orange and blue!!!

Zylx

Benchwarmer
CP3 Single handedly has made that series 2-2. Remarkable player. Definately the best PURE Point guard in the game today. If they win Game 5 I pray to god that they finish off the Champions and move on to the Blazers/Mavs and rough them up too. I have a new favorite team to follow besides the Knicks.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
we'd turn into the heat salary cap wise..o well i want cp3..but i dont wanna wait another year

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I watched the whole game.. Dude ended up w 27 points, 15 assists and 13 rebounds! A serious trip dub indeed!

After the game Cheryl Miller asked him about the chipiness between he and Kobe. He said, "He would do me the same way. This is our livelihood out here. If my mama was on the court i'd hit her too.".. lol

Paul is a true killer. He destroyed the Lakers and Kobe who was guarding most of the game. Phil needs a new gameplan now. Another unbelievable performance!

His addition to this team would make us a title contender instantly.

tiger0330

Legend
Those 13 RBs, very impressive for a guy that small and doesn't jump that high. Shows his feel for the game and how well he anticipates where the ball is headed when it comes off the rim or backboard.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Phil Jackson's gameplan worked for game 2 and 3 after he switched Kobe on him, but boy did he schooled Kobe or what in Game 4. As posted before Hornest play without their best scorer and rebounder and it's now 2-2...

Chris Paul definitely the best player under 6 feet since Iverson.

(CP3 is about 5'11, A.I. 5'10)

He's got the complete package skill wise and boy is he a competitor and winner!

I got all the respect in the world for his performances against this tall Laker team.

Let's send a prayer we can get him somehow someday. The best PG in the world.

If any GM manages to pair CP3 with Dwight Howard it's gonna rain championships.

Chris Paul definitely the best player under 6 feet since Iverson.

(CP3 is about 5'11, A.I. 5'10)

He's got the complete package skill wise and boy is he a competitor and winner!

I got all the respect in the world for his performances against this tall Laker team.

Let's send a prayer we can get him somehow someday. The best PG in the world.

If any GM manages to pair CP3 with Dwight Howard it's gonna rain championships.
That actually has a good chance of happening. They would probably offer Jameer Nelson+JJ Redick+ Brandon Bass+ draft picks for CP3.