Curry for Harrington?

KBlack25

Starter
I'd do it only if we can trade him (Harrington) by the trade deadline to get either another draft pick or lose some more of our dead weight (Curry/James!)

I believe Harrington's contract is up after this year (but don't quote me, I haven't run a fact check on it). It wouldn't matter if they got rid of him or not because by May he'd be gone anyhow.

Yea Metro your trade is involving way to many players, and i think the Warriors would actually win out on that trade. We can't give up our two best trade options in one trade and not even get a superstar. I got a simple trade that matches up that may work.

Curry
Collins

Harrington
Marcus Williams

Nelson is not a fan of Williams at all so i'm sure he wouldn't be heartbroken about giving him up. And Williams is in the last year of his contract so if he continues to dissappoint we just let him go.. No harm no foul.

Nice trade idea, now since their under the cap could we please include 1 scrub for 1 draft pick please?:teeth:

Toons

is the Bo$$
This actually sounds fairly reasonable.

yeah....agreed.

what position would he play tho? i dont understand y we are talking about this trade. we are stocked at forward. we need an all star point guard and a defensive, hard nosed center so that lee can play the the 4

moneyg

Starter
i like harrington for curry straight up, i just dont think gstate will do it.

they might target marbury for harrington they would have to throw in their center adonal foyle and maybe a second round pick in order to make this work.

they need steph after losing baron and having monta injured. where they still hold the option of cancelling his entire contract if he doenst come back fully form moped injury.

this could be a one year fix for gstate and i think steph would luv to paly in cali:smokin:

Toons

is the Bo$$
walsh is gonna let marbs contract expire. thats 21 mil off the books. that is the smartest thing to do. curry for harrington wont work with the condition curry is in, he has very little trade value imo

moneyg

Starter
walsh is gonna let marbs contract expire. thats 21 mil off the books. that is the smartest thing to do. curry for harrington wont work with the condition curry is in, he has very little trade value imo

well considering harrington only has 2 years left on his contract so it doesn't hurt 2010 and foyle 7 million contract expires after this season, i think its best to get something for marbury if your gonna send him home and he will never play for us this season.:smokin:

Toons

is the Bo$$
whats the point of getting harrington and foyle? my question is, why do we want al harrington. this board is full of isiah haters, but yall seem to think just like him.
al harrington should not be a knick ever
he is a career underachiever for his talent. he chucks more than crawford

Toons

is the Bo$$
a better question is, WHY WOULD NE1 WANT CURRY?

from curry's name is mentioned in a trade, i know its a rumor

metrocard

Legend
No way...the last thing the knicks need is a 3 for 4 trade. The knicks need to start reducing their roster. Having 15 players on an NBA team serves absolutely no purpose (especially on a team where the coach keeps a tight 8-9 man rotation). Having so many players around just increases the possibilty of poor chemistry, especially in the clubhouse. Metro, you should understand this more than anyone You will see this in the future where teams stop maxing out their roster just because they can.

Back to the trade. I would be more inclined to do this trade if it was just Harrington and Randolph for Lee, Curry and Robinson. I think we gain as much talent as we lose and we get rid of Curry.

Williams and Belinelli showed nothing last year and are showing nothing early on this year. With Ellis out Williams was not even able to crack the starting rotation losing out to some guy named Nelson, who nobody ever heard of. Belinelli is even worse as he contemplates life in Italy at the end of Don Nelson's bench.

Williams was injured last year.
Belinelli is a sharpshooter who can create his own shot and pass.

It isn't about the roster number, we get 3-4 B level prospects for Lee and Robinson.

Ican'tGetRealstic, your trade idea isn't realstic though.

Harrington > Curry
Marcus Williams > Collins

Why would Warriors do that?
They wouldn't.

Toons, Harrington can rebound though and play multiple positions.
In the last 3 years Harrington has been a 40% 3pt shooter.
In the last 3 years Crawford has been a 33% 3pt shooter.

Who's better?

Plus, Harrington took 400 threes in a Don Nelson offense that wanted him to take a lot 3's. Harrington shot 37% which is really good at a high volume of threes.

Prior to that season, Harrington just took around 100 threes a season.
He's become a better shooter, therefor he become one of GS primary 3pt shooters.

Crawford has took 494 last year, and 512 back to back 521 3pt attempted seasons.

You're a fool to think Harrington is more of a chucker than Crawford.

GetRealistic

Starter
I agree Williams is better then Collins, but the Warriors especially Don Nelson hate Williams. He can't even get into the game and thats with Monta Ellis out with an injury.

moneyg

Starter
whats the point of getting harrington and foyle? my question is, why do we want al harrington. this board is full of isiah haters, but yall seem to think just like him.
al harrington should not be a knick ever
he is a career underachiever for his talent. he chucks more than crawford

more so it would be foyle to take up cuurys minutes. he is a great shotblocker and we desperately need interior defense. harring is a better defender that our whole team excluding duhon and chandler. he could pay eithe forward position and he is used to playing in a fast paced game.

we need to get something for steph if we are not going to play him and before he becomes a distraction

duhon
crawford
chandler
lee
zach

harrington would be the first big off the bench or would u rather it be malik rose?????

Toons

is the Bo$$
Williams was injured last year.
Belinelli is a sharpshooter who can create his own shot and pass.

It isn't about the roster number, we get 3-4 B level prospects for Lee and Robinson.

Ican'tGetRealstic, your trade idea isn't realstic though.

Harrington > Curry
Marcus Williams > Collins

Why would Warriors do that?
They wouldn't.

Toons, Harrington can rebound though and play multiple positions.
In the last 3 years Harrington has been a 40% 3pt shooter.
In the last 3 years Crawford has been a 33% 3pt shooter.

Who's better?

Plus, Harrington took 400 threes in a Don Nelson offense that wanted him to take a lot 3's. Harrington shot 37% which is really good at a high volume of threes.

Prior to that season, Harrington just took around 100 threes a season.
He's become a better shooter, therefor he become one of GS primary 3pt shooters.

Crawford has took 494 last year, and 512 back to back 521 3pt attempted seasons.

You're a fool to think Harrington is more of a chucker than Crawford.

carawford is a SHOOTING GUARD with a SMALLER body....unlike harrington. pluss, al shoots from too far behind the arc

metrocard

Legend
carawford is a SHOOTING GUARD with a SMALLER body....unlike harrington. pluss, al shoots from too far behind the arc

Crawford is a SHOOTING guard...who can't shoot.

33% is below average for a SG.

You failed Lord Crawford once again.

Al shoots too far behind the arc??? lol...what does that mean, whats your point?

Finish your sentences.

GetRealstic, Warriors would never do that deal anyway, they want the trade centered around Lee. Warriors want to get rid of Harrington and get Lee, they're take Curry if they get Lee, not Collins. Learn how to read, peace brother.

Toons

is the Bo$$
harington will thrive in a system where he will play the 3. sort of a rashrd lewis player. he will not do well in new york. i just dont see where we NEED him. where does a 12 year vet fit in our future? can sum1 please explain that to me?

Toons

is the Bo$$
CRAWFORD NEEDS TO GO AS WELL

if the right trade comes for him, walsh needs to pull the trigger

but as for now, he is a knick.

dude is injury prone, and has played 1 full season in his entire career

does al harrington steal? does he block shots? no
who said he was a good defender? he is average at best, and he only gets down the floor cus he shoots too many 3's. harrington is a good player., but not a knick

moneyg

Starter
what!!!!!!!

this kid may be good for the future but this season.. he wont do much at all.

i would use harrington with foyle as the first two big men. the knicks have stated that he will play the 3 he is not strong enought to play the 4 or 5. ahrrington is a strong kid and give alot of efort on the glass. i dont think the kid can deal with the pounding as of yet.

i do hope im wrong but im being realistic

metrocard

Legend
CRAWFORD NEEDS TO GO AS WELL

if the right trade comes for him, walsh needs to pull the trigger

but as for now, he is a knick.

dude is injury prone, and has played 1 full season in his entire career

does al harrington steal? does he block shots? no
who said he was a good defender? he is average at best, and he only gets down the floor cus he shoots too many 3's. harrington is a good player., but not a knick

He's better than Crawford.
Accept it.