Danilo Gallinari

umynot

Benchwarmer
Best Player in Europe is just like saying best HS player in the US....

Don't mean nothing at this level. Atleast if he would've played in the US in college or something...could've seen him against his would be counterparts..and more our style of play...projecting his ability from Euroleague...is problematic.

You need to do some research dude! American HS teams cant beat European under 18 teams! Its not even close!

I know the European League is not the NBA but Ill tell you this the best Euro teams will give any NBA team a run! Will kill any college squad! European Pro ball is definitely better competition then say any level other then the NBA!

And this kid amongst a team in confusion changing coaches and having a star player getting hurt put his team on his shoulders and carried it to a winning record! I believe his squad won its division! Avg 18 pts 8 rebound and 4 ass on the pro level!! All while starting on the bench! Not getting plays called for him in the first half of the season! He became the STAR on his team and hit at least 6 game winners that I know about this year alone!!

Not even Rose hit that many!

Greeat pick at 6 ......

I respect Walsh for making a hard decision ! Also am glad D'Antoni came on board with this pick! After research he changed his mind but at first it was said he did not really like his game!

All in all we have him! He is our pick! I said it as soon as we got the 6th pick we should take him and now that he is here we should all hope for the best! And stop this Europeans cant ball crap!

Greece beat America in the last Olympics and Greece does not have one NBA player till UTAH picked Koufos this year! ( Played college here Ohio ST)
Spain won it all with Gasol hurt!

Spain has the best Player in next years draft!

I can go forever point is we might I got us the best Player in the draft!

Would love us to keep pushing Memphis for Mayo

Nothing like Mayo on My Italian Sandwich..........

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
You need to do some research dude! American HS teams cant beat European under 18 teams! Its not even close!

I know the European League is not the NBA but Ill tell you this the best Euro teams will give any NBA team a run! Will kill any college squad! European Pro ball is definitely better competition then say any level other then the NBA!

And this kid amongst a team in confusion changing coaches and having a star player getting hurt put his team on his shoulders and carried it to a winning record! I believe his squad won its division! Avg 18 pts 8 rebound and 4 ass on the pro level!! All while starting on the bench! Not getting plays called for him in the first half of the season! He became the STAR on his team and hit at least 6 game winners that I know about this year alone!!

Greeat pick at 6 ......

I respect Walsh for making a hard decision ! Also am glad D'Antoni came on board with this pick! After research he changed his mind but at first it was said he did not really like his game!

All in all we have him! He is our pick! I said it as soon as we got the 6th pick we should take him and now that he is here we should all hope for the best! And stop this Europeans cant ball crap!

Greece beat America in the last Olympics and Greece does not have one NBA player till UTAH picked Koufos this year! ( Played college here Ohio ST)

Once again style of play is different. Euro ball ain't shit. If they constantly had to play our style, our rules, they'd all be murked. No best Euro all star team is even going to make it to the final four, based on the simple fact when they get hit in the mouth they don't get up.

This is America we actually play DEFENSE, and knock your ass out for driving the lane. If it wasn't for the jumper Europe I'd grant you has perfected...wouldn't be a need for any of your people in our sport. PERIOD.

How many rings Dirk got? Darko? Andrei? Ming? So far all ringless bitches..who prove they ain't nothing other that fantasy players...especially Dirk.

Just goes to show when it's crunch time Europe folds, like Hitler still in the building.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer

Greeat pick at 6 ......

Once again style of play is different. Euro ball ain't shit. If they constantly had to play our style, our rules, they'd all be murked. No best Euro all star team is even going to make it to the final four, based on the simple fact when they get hit in the mouth they don't get up.

This is America we actually play DEFENSE, and knock your ass out for driving the lane. If it wasn't for the jumper Europe I'd grant you has perfected...wouldn't be a need for any of your people in our sport. PERIOD.

How many rings Dirk got? Darko? Andrei? Ming? Gasol? So far all ringless bitches..who prove they ain't nothing other that fantasy players...especially Dirk.

Just goes to show when it's crunch time Europe folds, like Hitler still in the building.

Only one thats shown any balls is Manu and Parker?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
you knock fans boggle my mind on this site....some of u make the most intelligent posts about rebuilding, Rebuilding is not a one draft pick or a one off season process. Danillo has a 17% chance of becoming a star player....who cares about some analysts projection? the bulls had a 1.7% chance of getting rose and they did. I believe in donnie and him setting up his players. IMO, fuck gettin over 500 this season, we need to tank in 09 and get a good draft pick nxt year...top 3 or something. if we do that, marburry's contract comes off, so does malik rose...thats 30 million off the books, try and trade a bad contract for a first rounder next year so we can bring in 2 quality rookies next draft, a defensive minded center, and a pure point guard. so i say forget the quick fixes....btw, what is ron artests story? does he still wanna play in nyc?

i dont even think we have a draft pick next year, i believe the pick goes to phoenix(via the marbury trade), dats why i feel we took a step back wit this pick

umynot

Benchwarmer
Im born and raised in Brooklyn and it gets no tougher then that ! But in the streets in Greece they will hit you a hard as they do here! You obviously have no clue what you speak about!!

Too many European players in our league proves what you say is wrong! Dirk ,Gasol, Caalderon, Ukur, Parker, Barbosa so many more! Even Big Z is still ticking! Ginnobli! Shit Nash is from Canada where the are truly soft Basketball players!

Gallinari will prove you wrong!!

umynot

Benchwarmer

How many rings Dirk got? Darko? Andrei? Ming? Gasol? So far all ringless bitches..who prove they ain't nothing other that fantasy players...especially Dirk.

Only one thats shown any balls is Manu and Parker?

How many titles does Lebron have?

Carmelo? Iverson?

How many did Barkley win? Ewing?

Come on! The Spurs have won Four titles! Yet have more people born outside of America then any other team!

Many winning teams have had European players!

And not everyone gets a title but if Galinari turns into Dirk this will be our best pick since Mark Jackson # 13 1989!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
From a marketing point of view this was a great pick. Just think of all the Italian fans that will now be Knicks fans. I've seen three or four new Italian members on this site alone. It's a beautiful thing. What gets me is all of the quality point guards were gone so I don't see what all the fuss is about. Forget Bayless. His lack of height will doom him to be a back up pg at best. So in my mind it comes down to Gallinari or Augistine who's another short guard. Maybe I'm over simplifying this but really, if we have Robinson what do we need with a guard that's an inch or two taller?

From the little I know of Italian basketball they can ball! Kobe can attest to that.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Im born and raised in Brooklyn and it gets no tougher then that ! But in the streets in Greece they will hit you a hard as they do here! You obviously have no clue what you speak about!!

Too many European players in our league proves what you say is wrong! Dirk ,Gasol, Caalderon, Ukur, Parker, Barbosa so many more! Even Big Z is still ticking! Ginnobli! Shit Nash is from Canada where the are truly soft Basketball players!

Gallinari will prove you wrong!!

Yes and as soon as all the fags were made leaders pretty much of their teams....CHOCKED!!

Dirk...on one of the best teams in the NBA..their leader can't deliver in crunch time...just ask D-Wade..and Stephen Jackson who sonned him.

Gasol...supposed to help the Lakers win the title...got manned up by KG..and he was exposed for the soft bitch he is in the post.

Calderon...Faded away against the magic.

Okur...got punked by Odom and Kobe that entire series.

Parker...even the sun shines on a dog's ass. But if the were that great why so much time in between titles? Good teams but never was/will be a fucking dynasty.

Barbosa...old school Kevin Johnson...just runs up and down the court..and chucks up three's..no surprise his defense is shitty.

Nash...Still yet to lead a team to the finals, you know where it counts.

Ginobili...that's like 2/6 that have actually done something.

AK47....still not sure when he's gonna show up night to night.

Gallinari....BUST...3 years from now...everyone is gonna say, and they could've had who with the 6th pick and passed on who again?

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
Yes and as soon as all the fags were made leaders pretty much of their teams....CHOCKED!!

Dirk...on one of the best teams in the NBA..their leader can't deliver in crunch time...just ask D-Wade..and Stephen Jackson who sonned him.

Gasol...supposed to help the Lakers win the title...got manned up by KG..and he was exposed for the soft bitch he is in the post.

Parker...even the sun shines on a dog's ass. But if the were that great why so much time in between titles? Good teams but never was/will be a fucking dynasty.

Barbosa...old school Kevin Johnson...just runs up and down the court..and chucks up three's..no surprise his defense is shitty.

Gallinari....BUST...3 years from now...everyone is gonna say, and they could've had who with the 6th pick and passed on who again?
You make valid points and your arguments are well thought out you seem like one of the more knowledgable people on the site its just to bad you had to run your mouth like girls do ( ONLINE ) and act like a FUCKING JERKOFF

Paul1355

All Star

that's why donnie wlash siad he's an unsual package meaning not like most european players and i dont care if they arent michael jordans bro i'd take a dirk nowitzki or a ginobli anyday over most people.

Pricey

Rotation player

lets get a few things straight, Ginobli is a Argie, Barbosa is Brazillian and Nash is Canadian or i like to think of him as a pom as his parents are born in the UK.
You cant say they are not good players just cause in these examples they got beaten by another player, you have to look over the entire season and careers in the NBA to make a judgement. Dirk is a MVP, Parker is a Finals MVP, Nash is a MVP, Ginobli wins 6th man every year and would be in the top 2 players on any other list pretty much.
There is nothing wrong with drafting players from other countries. Being American doesnt automatically make u a better player then someone from outside of America.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
lets get a few things straight, Ginobli is a Argie, Barbosa is Brazillian and Nash is Canadian or i like to think of him as a pom as his parents are born in the UK.
You cant say they are not good players just cause in these examples they got beaten by another player, you have to look over the entire season and careers in the NBA to make a judgement. Dirk is a MVP, Parker is a Finals MVP, Nash is a MVP, Ginobli wins 6th man every year and would be in the top 2 players on any other list pretty much.
There is nothing wrong with drafting players from other countries. Being American doesnt automatically make u a better player then someone from outside of America.

Ur right...FORIEGN players period. For the most part ain't shit...there has been a handful of exceptions.

Hakeem... u can't really count because he played at the University of Houston for what 3-4 seasons and you saw him conform to the American style of the game. And he did great things with it.

PLAYING THE AMERICAN STYLE OF BASKETBALL...is what makes you a better player period. Especially in the National Basketball Association. NATIONAL. US...US...US.

And he proved that...

Dirk is just too soft...real MVP's deliver when it's crunch time..ya boy got exposed big time by Dwade...and Stephen. And he's the captain? Missing clutch free throws, three's, not boxing out...too soft.

Ginobili and Parker are the only real...good one's that have actually delivered when it counts. That's all the international community can claim. Outside of those two everyone else is soft as flowers.

Gallo

Rookie
Try to imagine this team

Parker (France)
Ginobili (Argentina)
Stojakovic (Serbia)
Nowitzki (Germany)
Gasol (Spain)

Calderon (Spain)
Vujacic (Serbia)
Kirilienko (Russia)
Scola (Argentina)
Turkoglu(Turchia)
Gallinari(Italy)
Nesterovic (Serbia)
Okur (Turchia)

Is it a good team?Can it win the ring?

I have also to remember the all time best European player: Arvidas Sabonis.
He arrived in NBA old and after many injuries, in America you did'nt see the real Sabonis.He had a great carrer in Europe and if you can, see on ESPN classic the olympic match URSS-USA 1988.Sabonis against Robinson.Fantastic.
I start to play basketball center in my team in Italy in that period and Ewing and Sabonis were my idols.(best American center and best european center, the 2 best in the world, in my opinion)

Last edited:

Simorio

Rookie
Hi to everybody!!!I'm italian, i'm living near Milan and since now i will be a knicks supporter!!!I ve read your posts about Danilo and i would like to say u few words...

First of all, i live near Milan and i ve seen almost every match played by Gallinari in the last three seasons and he is simply amazing...

He is really strong 1 vs 1...he made many dunks and he is a wonderful 3 points shooter!!!Even in defense he played hard...

He is 19 and he has more experience than the US college players because he has played in the last years against the best european players and not just against university players...

Furthermore he is not like bargnani and belinelli!!!forget them!!!U will see..i was so sad yesterday watching the supporter reaction at the garden after the danilo's calling...

I know ny have a lot of trouble in many roles but danilo will be one of the best players of the nba in 2 or 3 years!!!

Bye to everybody !!!

Sorry for my english!!!!!:):):):):)

Bye!!!

Simone

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Hi to everybody!!!I'm italian, i'm living near Milan and since now i will be a knicks supporter!!!I ve read your posts about Danilo and i would like to say u few words...

First of all, i live near Milan and i ve seen almost every match played by Gallinari in the last three seasons and he is simply amazing...

He is really strong 1 vs 1...he made many dunks and he is a wonderful 3 points shooter!!!Even in defense he played hard...

He is 19 and he has more experience than the US college players because he has played in the last years against the best european players and not just against university players...

Furthermore he is not like bargnani and belinelli!!!forget them!!!U will see..i was so sad yesterday watching the supporter reaction at the garden after the danilo's calling...

I know ny have a lot of trouble in many roles but danilo will be one of the best players of the nba in 2 or 3 years!!!

Bye to everybody !!!

Sorry for my english!!!!!:):):):):)

Bye!!!

Simone

Good post...no need to apologize for your english. No one should be hating on gallinari...the kids got alotta skill and heart. I look forward to watching him in a knicks uniform.

Blackwave

Rookie
Hi there.

I write from Rome, this evening i was looking for some knicks fan forum to read some comments about Gallinari.

First of all, i ask you sorry for my english... well, i know it sucks...

Then... you know, as italian i read people like coolclyde writing comments like "we love Danile, no problemo, you no hurta my family"... it's always funny to see how deep down a person can fall... what am i expected to answer? It seems like idiocy lives everywhere in the world.

Anyway... Gallinari... yes. All right... you know, Rome and Milan... we can't suffer each other, so it costs me very much to say what i'm gonna say but... the kid is strong... almost dominant, i'd say. This season Milan wasn't a strong team, but everything good came from Gallinari's hands, both in italian league and in euroleague... He was followed by all the best teams in Europe... Cska, Barcelona... All right, you might say "i don't give a shit of cska, we're NY for godsake!"... well, sincerly i think that right now cska is a stronger team than NY, but i just want to say that in Europe, NOW Gallinari IS the man. Just give him time, wait him, i'm sure u'll see the results.

Last edited:

Blackwave

Rookie
And, i'd like to ask to those here that simply don't like "foreign basketball" (for example, i read KnicksFan4Realz) a q: is there maybe something stupid in the general managers and in the coaches of your NATIONAL basketball association to pick and bring in the rosters all these european and south american players? Or maybe D'Antoni knows basketball better than you? All right, i'm going to sleep with these questions in my mind... Goof night from Rome (here is 1 am). Still, sorry for my english

metrocard

Legend
Knicksfans4Real is very opinionate, but I enjoy reading his post. Despite disagreeing with it.

Euroleague isn't soft basketball, even Kobe said Euroleague and FIBA basketball is like NBA basketball from the 80s. Very physical-war like basketball.