Eddy curry not in shape?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Replys that make you go

DontForget obviously has a soft spot for Curry.

Dude is worse than Chris Rocker on Britney Spears

"LEAVE EDDY CURRY ALONE!!!"

LOL...don't criticize other for making threads when you can't even make a good one.

Curry is an out of shape unpassionate basketball player, so you can PREDICT what he's going to be like every season. I've done it the 3 seasons and been correct 3 out of 3.

He fails every season.

Hmmmm.....I think last season was the first season that could be considered a disappointment for Chub. Please give your year by year break down

Eddy's first season as a Knick every player underacheived with the exception of Jackie Butler, Lee, and a couple others. Not to mention that he had just come of from being injured and was playing for a new coach so to predict that his numbers would dip isnt that insightful.

Now year two was Eddy's most productive season as a Pro, I asume that wasnt a prediction you made? His numbers were up in every category and he played in all but one game. You can say Isiah forced fed him the ball, but the fact remains he still hit on 57% of his FG. I mean force feed the ball to Jerome James and you still wouldnt get half that production

Like I said last year was his first truley disappointing season with us so I'll give you that one

Ofcourse some ignorant mind would read this and assume I think Eddy is the ideal Center for this team, and all you have to do is check my Euro thread to see how for I am to seeing him be the next to bolt to Europe. But I call it like I see it and there is no way to say that all three seasons Eddy has been a Knick have been predictably bad, especially since one of them for sure wasnt!

The fact remains is that Eddy makes his first public appearence on Friday at Ben Gordon's charity event the proof will be in that and all the speculation will be dead.

My prediction is that he is indeed out of shape, but we'll see!

metrocard

Legend
Well put, we also have to consider year two was one of Curry's worst defensve seasons up to date.

Playing 30 + minutes was actually hurting the team despite his wonderful 18 ppg on 3.5 turnovers with an addition of no assist or blocks.

Jerome James actually has more offensive versatility than Curry...is a better shot blocker and rebounder and is a legit 7"1

If you understand like how I understand on how bad Curry is defensively, making decisions on offense, rebounding, getting his teammates involve, then you would agree and see why I give Curry an F every season he's played as a Knick.

He doesn't play like a real center.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I'm a Curry fan, and proud of it, he did shit last year but I predicted he would once they made that stupid trade for Zach Randolph. But all that is besides the point, you guys are going off based on an article by who exactly?? who the hell is Jonathon Edwards, NY1 has all of a sudden become a breaking source for news in the sports world? C'mon I'm not saying that the story is untrue, but for you guys to jump over and start talking so much shyte ... I agree with datruth, you guys are sheep.

If you hate Curry you hate Curry, and thats that, but to go all in on an article by a nobody citing a fishy source is bullshit.. i mean Eddy Curry is married and lives with his wife, but the way this guy writes, he's implying that he's letting beautiful women in to ****.. The article is trash... Lets "weight" till training camp and see whats wat

Paul1355

All Star
Well put, we also have to consider year two was one of Curry's worst defensve seasons up to date.

Playing 30 + minutes was actually hurting the team despite his wonderful 18 ppg on 3.5 turnovers with an addition of no assist or blocks.

Jerome James actually has more offensive versatility than Curry...is a better shot blocker and rebounder and is a legit 7"1

If you understand like how I understand on how bad Curry is defensively, making decisions on offense, rebounding, getting his teammates involve, then you would agree and see why I give Curry an F every season he's played as a Knick.

I think we all know that James is more lazy than Curry...and that's a hard goal to accomplish.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Worst post Ever

I don't know how that's the worst post ever. I'll admit that Eddy Curry is slightly a better player than Jerome James, but Metrocard was saying nothing but facts. He said that James is a legit 7'1. Fact. He said that Eddy Curry isn't a real center. Fact. He said that James has more moves than Curry. Fact. James can shoot short jump shots, when healthy. When have you seen Curry ever knock down a 10 foot jumper? James also has a drop step, when healthy. When have you seen Curry use a drop step? Now James is never healthy, but neither is Curry. 300 lbs. for a 6-11 player is too much weight. 285lbs is too much weight, too.

You find me a center (besides Eddy Curry) that averages more turnovers than assists, blocks, and steals combined. The fact that Curry is the only NBA center to achieve that "milestone" says just how much Curry isn't even a real center.

And while you're at it, find me a starting NBA center(besides Curry) that can't play defense AND can't rebound. I'm not talking about a center that can rebound, but can't defend, or can't rebound but can defend. I'm talking about a center that lacks BOTH of those attributes. Curry is the only starting NBA center that lacks both of those abilities.

If you hate Curry you hate Curry, and thats that, but to go all in on an article by a nobody citing a fishy source is bullshit.. i mean Eddy Curry is married and lives with his wife, but the way this guy writes, he's implying that he's letting beautiful women in to ****.. The article is trash... Lets "weight" till training camp and see whats wat

SMH :td:

This thread is very useful and so is this source. Eddy Curry has always been out of shape; he was about 300 lbs last year.

On top of the fact that Curry was already out of shape, he got injured in the middle of the season. What kind of exercise is Eddy Curry going to do after getting knee surgery?

Just face the music. Eddy Curry is going to come in as fat as he's always been, or maybe even fatter. I'm not saying this to be mean. It's the truth. The last time Curry was in shape was when he was playing in Thornwood High School. Eddy Curry doesn't put any effort into getting in shape, rebounding, or playing defense. You can't say otherwise, because everything that Curry has done in his 7 year career proves he doesn't stay in shape, he doesn't get rebounds, and he doesn't get blocks.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here

is that all th epoints he scored as a knick :teeth:

yea i dont know why we are even comparing this, jerome james is even worse than curry based on the fact your all proving yourselves wrong. Your saying james is more of a center than curry is a true 7,1 center, and has all of these moves and abilities, and has yet in his career to come close to curry's under achieving numbers. There for in reality what your saying is james is worse than curry, but has more skill. that makes no sense to me at all. if currys numbers are much better than james at a younger age, and curry is underachieving, that makes curry ten times better than james, imagine if curry actually wanted it half as bad as he does now. think about it.

portega1968

El Cacique
Jerome James.. ex-globetrotter who got paid by the knicks like 10 million per minute played or per pounds lost in training camp...

Can Eddy Curry say that?

Combine Eddy Curry and Jerome James into one player and then we maybe have a true center (plus homeland security on red alert guarding all the McDonalds in midtown).

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
yea i dont know why we are even comparing this, jerome james is even worse than curry based on the fact your all proving yourselves wrong. Your saying james is more of a center than curry is a true 7,1 center, and has all of these moves and abilities, and has yet in his career to come close to curry's under achieving numbers. There for in reality what your saying is james is worse than curry, but has more skill. that makes no sense to me at all. if currys numbers are much better than james at a younger age, and curry is underachieving, that makes curry ten times better than james, imagine if curry actually wanted it half as bad as he does now. think about it.
I'll clarify it for you then.

Centers are supposed to play defense and rebound. Eddy Curry does neither of those things.

Jerome James is a good shot blocker, and he has moves in the low post. That's why he's more of a center than Curry.

Curry's rebounding averages and shotblocking averages are more suitable for a small forward, not a 6-11 starting NBA center.

Eddy Curry is a better center than Jerome James, because he gets more playing time and because he's younger. If Jerome James was Curry's age, and if he had the same kind of playing time, he would outshine Curry's rebounding and shotblocking averages.

How do I know this? Jerome James averages more blocks than Curry, for his career, despite only playing 13 minutes a game, for his career. He also averages just two fewer rebounds than Curry, for his career, despite only averaging 13 minutes a game, for his career.

Curry is better than James, basically, by default. It's not because Curry is a great talent. It's because Curry is still young enough to get lay ups and dunks, while every other part of his game remains non existent.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I'll clarify it for you then.

Centers are supposed to play defense and rebound. Eddy Curry does neither of those things.

Jerome James is a good shot blocker, and he has moves in the low post. That's why he's more of a center than Curry.

Curry's rebounding averages and shotblocking averages are more suitable for a small forward, not a 6-11 starting NBA center.

Eddy Curry is a better center than Jerome James, because he gets more playing time and because he's younger. If Jerome James was Curry's age, and if he had the same kind of playing time, he would outshine Curry's rebounding and shotblocking averages.

How do I know this? Jerome James averages more blocks than Curry, for his career, despite only playing 13 minutes a game, for his career. He also averages just two fewer rebounds than Curry, for his career, despite only averaging 13 minutes a game, for his career.

Curry is better than James, basically, by default. It's not because Curry is a great talent. It's because Curry is still young enough to get lay ups and dunks, while every other part of his game remains non existent.

Centers are also supposed provide a low post scoring threat which Jerome is as good at as Eddy is at D. Plus Jerome is not a good rebounder, in his highest minutes per game and games played season he only averaged 3.0 rebs, and that was in 16 mins in 80 games so if you doubled those minutes to that of a starting 5 and you only get 6 rebs per game which is actually less than what the other fat boy averaged a season ago in his highest minutes and games played season.

The fact remains is this argument is as pointless as arguing which is better to drink, throw up or urine; neither player is an ideal Center, but poll every GM in the league and ask who would they rather have and who do you think would be the favorite?

Anyways tonight is Ben Gordon's Bowling event and Eddy is scheduled to appear we should know tommorow morining if he is still fat or not

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Centers are also supposed provide a low post scoring threat which Jerome is as good at as Eddy is at D. Plus Jerome is not a good rebounder, in his highest minutes per game and games played season he only averaged 3.0 rebs, and that was in 16 mins in 80 games so if you doubled those minutes to that of a starting 5 and you only get 6 rebs per game which is actually less than what the other fat boy averaged a season ago in his highest minutes and games played season.

The fact remains is this argument is as pointless as arguing which is better to drink, throw up or urine; neither player is an ideal Center, but poll every GM in the league and ask who would they rather have and who do you think would be the favorite?

Anyways tonight is Ben Gordon's Bowling event and Eddy is scheduled to appear we should know tommorow morining if he is still fat or not
Jerome James averaged 4.1 rebounds per game, on his highest minutes per game, and he only got 16.9 minutes per game. If James had 35 minutes per game when he was younger, he would've averaged between 8-10 rebounds(more than Curry has ever averaged) at that rate.

Did you even read my post? I said that Curry is better than James. My point is that Curry isn't even a real center. Curry provides low post scoring, after commiting lots of turnovers and bad fouls. Part of why Curry's minutes dropped last year was because of his constant foul trouble and his foolish turnovers. I'm not going to argue about Curry. Like I told another poster, I could name 25 current NBA centers that are better than Curry. If you want me to list them, let me know. Curry's not a good center. He shouldn't start on any team period. The proof of this is his zero playoff appearances as a starter. If you think Curry's a real center, congratulations to you. There's 6 NBA seasons of his that prove otherwise, and the other season has 3.64 turnovers, 61.5% ft shooting, .8 assists, and .5 blocks to go along with his points.

PS- I guarantee that Curry is going to look as fat as he's always been, or even fatter, at the Ben Gordon Bowling event. If Curry's in shape, I'll make an entire Eddy Curry Appreciation Thread, and I'll say nothing but good things about Curry for the next two months. That's just how confident I am that he's not in shape.

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Jerome James averaged 4.1 rebounds per game, on his highest minutes per game, and he only got 16.9 minutes per game. If James had 35 minutes per game when he was younger, he would've averaged between 8-10 rebounds(more than Curry has ever averaged) at that rate.

Did you even read my post? I said that Curry is better than James. My point is that Curry isn't even a real center. Curry provides low post scoring, after commiting lots of turnovers and bad fouls. Part of why Curry's minutes dropped last year was because of his constant foul trouble and his foolish turnovers. I'm not going to argue about Curry. Like I told another poster, I could name 25 current NBA centers that are better than Curry. If you want me to list them, let me know. Curry's not a good center. He shouldn't start on any team period. The proof of this is his zero playoff appearances as a starter. If you think Curry's a real center, congratulations to you. There's 6 NBA seasons of his that prove otherwise, and the other season has 3.64 turnovers, 61.5% ft shooting, .8 assists, and .5 blocks to go along with his points.

PS- I guarantee that Curry is going to look as fat as he's always been, or even fatter, at the Ben Gordon Bowling event. If Curry's in shape, I'll make an entire Eddy Curry Appreciation Thread, and I'll say nothing but good things about Curry for the next two months. That's just how confident I am that he's not in shape.

First off I do stand corrected in that Jerome did average 4 rebs in 16.9 minutes. But later on in his illustrious career he would average only 3 rebs in 16.6 minutes in 80 starts.

I agree that Eddy will probably not be in playing shape

I never ever ever claimed that Eddy was a true Center, but, neither is Jerome James and if giving a choice of the two underacheiving fat asses I would have to say Eddy would be the one most Knick fans would prefer.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
First off I do stand corrected in that Jerome did average 4 rebs in 16.9 minutes. But later on in his illustrious career he would average only 3 rebs in 16.6 minutes in 80 starts.

I agree that Eddy will probably not be in playing shape

I never ever ever claimed that Eddy was a true Center, but, neither is Jerome James and if giving a choice of the two underacheiving fat asses I would have to say Eddy would be the one most Knick fans would prefer.
:thumbsup: Lol! Damn, you called them underachieving fat asses! It's funny, but true. I hope Curry loses weight, but I know it's not a reality. He's too lazy.

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
:thumbsup: Lol! Damn, you called them underachieving fat asses! It's funny, but true. I hope Curry loses weight, but I know it's not a reality. He's too lazy.

I hear you, the sad thing is that Eddy has the potential to be a real force in this league and thats what kills Knick fans. I just cant get how a player can be his size and not be able to grab more rebs. I mean the guy runs those ally oop plays as good as any big man in the league, which takes awarness and timing two things essential for shot blocking and yet Nate seems to go for blocks more than he does. Maybe Dantoni can appeal to him some sort of way

Eddy is just the biggest enigma to me!

jzero29

Rotation player
I hear you, the sad thing is that Eddy has the potential to be a real force in this league and thats what kills Knick fans. I just cant get how a player can be his size and not be able to grab more rebs. I mean the guy runs those ally oop plays as good as any big man in the league, which takes awarness and timing two things essential for shot blocking and yet Nate seems to go for blocks more than he does. Maybe Dantoni can appeal to him some sort of way

Eddy is just the biggest enigma to me!
Maybe D'antoni can appeal to eddy for defense??? Because D'antoni is such a good defensive coach???
Eddy an enigma? you summed him up, he's lazy. No mystery there. He's just lazy. He doesn't put effort in. He's got his millions and he's content to collect a fat paycheck and just play half ass.

Paul1355

All Star
Dudes gotta stop arguing between Jerome James and Curry, cuz James doesn't even play basketball 98% of the time. You can never say James is better when he hasn't played, might be a better shot blocker in the past, but who knows what skills he has now if any.

Dudes gotta stop arguing between Jerome James and Curry, cuz James doesn't even play basketball 98% of the time. You can never say James is better when he hasn't played, might be a better shot blocker in the past, but who knows what skills he has now if any.

Co-Sign go back to my last point, Should of made a long story short like paul1355. THis argument is wasted space, and time. It has gotten so sad for knicks fans, that if any other team fan viewed this forum they would laugh to themselves, I could quote their remark "the knicks suck so bad, that they post 56 posts on a thread concerning the comparison between eddy curry and jerome james lol, thats hillarious"

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Co-Sign go back to my last point, Should of made a long story short like paul1355. THis argument is wasted space, and time. It has gotten so sad for knicks fans, that if any other team fan viewed this forum they would laugh to themselves, I could quote their remark "the knicks suck so bad, that they post 56 posts on a thread concerning the comparison between eddy curry and jerome james lol, thats hillarious"
Eddy Curry sucks. What you want me to do? Give Curry props for being 25 pounds overweight, not rebounding, not playing defense, and being turnover prone? You want me to give him props for scoring two points, in the low post, and then letting point guards drive to the basket and get and 1's on him?

Paul1355

All Star
Eddy Curry sucks. What you want me to do? Give Curry props for being 25 pounds overweight, not rebounding, not playing defense, and being turnover prone? You want me to give him props for scoring two points, in the low post, and then letting point guards drive to the basket and get and 1's on him?

If you give Jerome James any props at all then that's something you shouldn't be doing. As fat and lazy as Curry is, he still plays, James doesn't, end of story.