Gallo and Chandler....would ya????

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
If it came to this...and Denver needed a sweetened deal...For the Chance to have Melo/STAT/ Felton...geeze, I'd hate to see Gallo go, but I would do it....I have a feeling it may come to that...

Gallo,
Thrill
1st rd pick and Curry. For MELO!!..

Sqeeze it Donnie!!:crossfingers:

skisloper

Starter
If it came to this...and Denver needed a sweetened deal...For the Chance to have Melo/STAT/ Felton...geeze, I'd hate to see Gallo go, but I would do it....I have a feeling it may come to that...

Gallo,
Thrill
1st rd pick and Curry. For MELO!!..

Sqeeze it Donnie!!:crossfingers:

I think the upside to Gallo is tremendous and I have a big advocate of his .
But as others have pointed out , Melo is a superstar. So Gallo will never be as good so u grab Carmelo while u can...

Chandler is a waste ....will never be more then he is ...plus as a restricted free agent and his ankle always an issue he is as good as gone...

real question is if they want Randolph, Fields and Gallo.

After the way Gallo has been playing lately, I really hope we keep him. Now if he's the final piece in a deal to get Melo, I suppose I'd have to support it, but I would really rather keep him.

I'd rather have to give up Fields, as much as I've loved him this year. I just think that even if Fields becomes a great shooter, I feel like his ceiling his still probably 17 points per game or so, with Gallo's probably up closer to 22 or 23. But then Fields brings so much more than just scoring too...

I wish we could just get Melo for the Chandler, Randolph, Curry combo.

MProv00

Rookie
its hard to say now...i always wanted them to keep chandler....but i have no clue now his last game was iight but gallo be ballin when he drives to the basket....his D sucks tho watch closly he always gives up the baseline

its hard to say now...i always wanted them to keep chandler....but i have no clue now his last game was iight but gallo be ballin when he drives to the basket....his D sucks tho watch closly he always gives up the baseline
I've actually been somewhat impressed with Gallo's D lately.

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
I've actually been somewhat impressed with Gallo's D lately.

I would have to agree...seems like he's crowding and not giving the air space like he was before.....still pretty slow, moving his feet (WGS), but he's made great strides with that first step, and driving to the rim...being able to shoot 90% from the stripe goes a long way..

iSaYughh

Starter
No. Here's why:

We don't have to. This isn't an either/or deal. It's a gamble at it's core, bases off incomplete information.

What can DEN say that would make us want to "sweeten" the deal? Truly. What could they possibly do or say that they already haven't that would change the core premise, influencing themselves, Melo, and us on the outside?

The reason the tide has turned (not that it hasn't always been this way) and now it seems like DEN is resigned to seriously making a deal with us, those torrid seemingly inevitable NJN deals shriveled along with all else,

Is bc DEN has the weakest hand in this poker game. There is no reason for us to take mercy, and hedge our bet, throwing in Gallo to try to seal the deal with an extra degree of liklihood.

That is a bad gamble; or a sub-optimal one. Even if it still a good proposition for us, technically, because we will be improved by the deal.

Most are very unrefined in their savvy and experience, re: probability, odds, 'gambles', and the theory behind it all. So we may unnecessarily "sweeten" this deal, fooled by a notion of "locking Melo up" and assuaging DEN.

Say we do that. And we up this ante. Why doesn't DEN just demand more? The landscape moved when we did. Game is reset. Why not have to sweeten it further?

DEN has the last decision in a match where only they and Melo stand to lose. DEN incidentally has the most to lose if Melo simply walks. Having the last decision sits them with a loaded gun pointed at themselves, maybe a couple chambers blank, and DEN having to honestly pull the trigger with the barrel pointed inches between their eyes.

petescud

Starter
If you asked me last monthg, I'd say maybe. Today no way. Ever since Gallo heard he may be vacating NYC he's picked up his game immensely. Ever since Will heard, he went the other way. So, do you want a gamer or a quitter..lol

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
im tellin u, watch the next game he does that shit all the time

Nah dude, not so much any more.. He's been a hound defensively of late.

I really don't want to see Gallo go. I'm gonna stick by what I've been saying all along and say I would NOT include him in a deal for Melo.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
You don't need to. Just wait for Melo in free agency if you have to. Gallo is becoming a very respectable player, and I agreed that his defense is very much improved.

If you asked me last monthg, I'd say maybe. Today no way. Ever since Gallo heard he may be vacating NYC he's picked up his game immensely. Ever since Will heard, he went the other way. So, do you want a gamer or a quitter..lol

:beer:

Getting Melo will only make it easier to accept Fields at the 2 guard, since he is not that GREAT of a shooter or scorer, yet does numerous other things very well.

Wargames

Starter
No. Here's why:

We don't have to. This isn't an either/or deal. It's a gamble at it's core, bases off incomplete information.

What can DEN say that would make us want to "sweeten" the deal? Truly. What could they possibly do or say that they already haven't that would change the core premise, influencing themselves, Melo, and us on the outside?

The reason the tide has turned (not that it hasn't always been this way) and now it seems like DEN is resigned to seriously making a deal with us, those torrid seemingly inevitable NJN deals shriveled along with all else,

Is bc DEN has the weakest hand in this poker game. There is no reason for us to take mercy, and hedge our bet, throwing in Gallo to try to seal the deal with an extra degree of liklihood.

That is a bad gamble; or a sub-optimal one. Even if it still a good proposition for us, technically, because we will be improved by the deal.

Most are very unrefined in their savvy and experience, re: probability, odds, 'gambles', and the theory behind it all. So we may unnecessarily "sweeten" this deal, fooled by a notion of "locking Melo up" and assuaging DEN.

Say we do that. And we up this ante. Why doesn't DEN just demand more? The landscape moved when we did. Game is reset. Why not have to sweeten it further?

DEN has the last decision in a match where only they and Melo stand to lose. DEN incidentally has the most to lose if Melo simply walks. Having the last decision sits them with a loaded gun pointed at themselves, maybe a couple chambers blank, and DEN having to honestly pull the trigger with the barrel pointed inches between their eyes.

basically.... If it wasn't for cash/contract reasons I could see the knicks giving them damn near nothing let alone chandler. The Nuggets have done us no favors during the process so why start doing them any. Shoot I consider this situation karma for the whole Nene/Camby/Mcdyss trade.....

Last edited:

Hayato

Benchwarmer
basically.... If it wasn't for cash/contract reasons I could see the knicks giving them damn near nothing let alone chandler. The Nuggets have done us no favors during the process so why start doing them any. Shoot I consider this situation karma for the whole Nene/Camby/Mcdyss trade.....

why should we do them favors? because theyd be giving us melo

Wargames

Starter
why should we do them favors? because theyd be giving us melo

They aren't giving us Melo, They're being forced to prepare for his departure. This is not a normal trade and everyone should realize this. If it was up to them he would resign with Denver and lead them to 3 more years of profitable playoff seasons.

When they realized he didn't want to play with them they then tried to send him to one of the worse teams in the league in the kind of deal that if he signed his extension would have put him in a worse situation than he was with them.

Now that they know he is determined to go to the Knicks they are trying to squeeze us for every asset they can. This isn't a normal friendly mutual trade. This is a trade being made based on worse case scenario for Denver. They can't get equivalent exchange in this deal so they are stalling hoping that the Knicks overpay. In the end I hope all we give them extra is Azzy for more savings to appease them.