Gallo is STILL the key.

iSaYughh

Starter
So potent and effective it cost us the game against a 1-5 Sixers. Bombs away!

This is the point Chief, Kiya and I were trying to make. We made 50% of our threes going into the game and shot 16% for the game. The three pointer is a trap kids. As I said before Consistency = Wins.

No. It didn't. It cost us the game? Cmon...

First off, we didn't shoot an abnormal amount of 3s, and we didn't rely on it either way.

Second, our primo 3 baller who Kiya & Co. love to shit on, actually had the best night of the 3 point shooters, as an aside.

Third, our primo 3 shooter barely touched the ball in the 4th when we LOST the game.

You can be inconsistent with shooting. Period. As we were tonight. Some people act like if we just didnt take those pesky 3s, we'd be FG shooting 80% and life would be grand.

We let a donkey guard shred us late in the game, we over-relyed on a couple guys who just couldn't pull through, and Felton had a wretched night as a scorer.

If you want to actually talk about what could have, perhaps, SAVED the game. One of the most plain things would to have been given Gallo the rock more in the 4th and let him drain 3s and attack!

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
3pt statistics tonight:

Felton 0-3
Douglas 0-4
Chandler 1-5
Walker 0-1
Gallo 2-6 (1-2 in the 4th if I remember right).

kukoc7

Benchwarmer

First off, we didn't shoot an abnormal amount of 3s, and we didn't rely on it either way.

Second, our primo 3 baller who Kiya & Co. love to shit on, actually had the best night of the 3 point shooters, as an aside.

Third, our primo 3 shooter barely touched the ball in the 4th when we LOST the game.

You can be inconsistent with shooting. Period. As we were tonight. Some people act like if we just didnt take those pesky 3s, we'd be FG shooting 80% and life would be grand.

We let a donkey guard shred us late in the game, we over-relyed on a couple guys who just couldn't pull through, and Felton had a wretched night as a scorer.

If you want to actually talk about what could have, perhaps, SAVED the game. One of the most plain things would to have been given Gallo the rock more in the 4th and let him drain 3s and attack!

Good point.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer

If we can agree that we lost because our offense was inefficient I make the point that Statistically the three ball killed us. I'm not talking about what happened in the fourth as we were hosed by some boneheaded mistakes and questionable calls. And your answer to this to chuck up more threes, when your in a hole stop digging. Threes are fine in the first three quarters but as the game tightens up the game is won in the paint and at the free throw line.

3 Point Percentage 16% 03-19
2 Point Percentage 47% 31-66

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
I gotta run so can't totally respond. But check this:

Re: those stats.

Our 3pt % was shit ass low...but it was also a much smaller sample size compared to 2pt shots. And our 16% is, and even you would agree, *WELL* below our normal, or expected shooting %.

If we took more threes, eg in the 4th, eg by Gallo...it wouldn't be expected for them to be "16%". It would be much, much higher.

At the same time, while 2pt shots will basically always be a higher % play, the 47% stated is above-expectation, really.

Just as in a game where we shoot wretchedly from 2pt shooting, we didn't necessarily do anything wrong, or lose the game bc of it.

In sum:

The guys who shot those 3s, and shot at that %, where shooting poorly.

Felton and Chandler -- and even Douglas tho i don't recall his exact line -- shot poorly. Period. Doesn't matter from 3 or from 2, they were shooting like shit.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I just think Gallo needs to have a bigger role late in games. I mean, he hit that pivotal 3 to tie the game in the 4th. Then he got the ball a possession or two after that, pumpfaked his man, went by him and pulled up for a good look at the foulline. He missed but it was tipped by Amare. The point is that Gallo can make things happen down the stretch for us because he can get his own shot.

STAT is going to be routinely doubled and bogged down in the post. Gallo, w his height, dribbling ability and great shooting is a unique threat on our team. He can be devastating down the stretch. We need to recognize that.

Last edited: