Gallo LOVEFEST created Tensions in Locker Room (Harrington)

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Is the verdict out on Evans? How about Steph Curry? Do we know what the dude taken #7...one spot behind Gallo, in '08, can give you night in and night out? Mr. Eric Gordon. Yea...we do...

But the "verdict is out" on Gallo, sounds like he's kind of inconsistent...you don't know quite what you're gonna get from him. That's not quite the definition of a star, or a player who should be treated like one in the locker room.

The "verdict was out" on Tyreke Evans for all of like a week. Even Blake Griffin missed a whole season then stepped right into the NBA and started beasting on people. Gallo effectively missed his rookie season (while gaining some NBA experience) and he's still struggling to find his way.

Why is the verdict still out on our supposed star in year 3?

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I'm sorry but Gallinari is playing like bitch these days. He's scare and can't handle the pressure. Every ****ing time he's tried to post up or drive by someone he looks so ****ing retarded and seems he hasn't pick up basketball in his life. His stock is so low right now I would trade him for Memphis Thabeet. **** him, Walsh and his Godfather and bring new people in. Never have I been more embarrassed to be a Knicks fan. This is a disgrace!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Why are you talking about English when you make countless errors in your grammar?

-you do it yourself quite efficiency.

-Your dismissed.

Unbelievable. The Origin Of The Species was wrong!

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Anyone see Gallo pump fake the air and then get closer to the defender off of the "fake drive?"

Yes...the verdict is most certainly out on this one.

Paul1355

All Star
totally agree...when Gallo went on his shooting slump he played like 36 min per game and never got benched, it was pathetic to see him get so many minutes during such a bad time in his career....even if the rest of your roster blows, if a good player is playing bad then benching him will make him play harder and focus more so he can come back and be the player he was before he struggled.

metrocard

Legend
Is the verdict out on Evans? How about Steph Curry? Do we know what the dude taken #7...one spot behind Gallo, in '08, can give you night in and night out? Mr. Eric Gordon. Yea...we do...

But the "verdict is out" on Gallo, sounds like he's kind of inconsistent...you don't know quite what you're gonna get from him. That's not quite the definition of a star, or a player who should be treated like one in the locker room.

The "verdict was out" on Tyreke Evans for all of like a week. Even Blake Griffin missed a whole season then stepped right into the NBA and started beasting on people. Gallo effectively missed his rookie season (while gaining some NBA experience) and he's still struggling to find his way.

Why is the verdict still out on our supposed star in year 3?

Your naming the best players from the draft. Gallo is still a top 8 player and has potential to be a top 3-5 player from that draft.

Some players are great their 1st or 2nd season, others become even better than them in their 4th or 5th season. Everyone is different.

Supposed star? You don't give up on a player within 3 years, especially if its a 1st round prospect. This isn't Kwame Brown. We've seen Gallo's greatness and his flashes. He was present at the all star game, and he'll be a big part of our success even if you don't remember watching Gallo play good and assessing Gallo on the first 10 games of the season.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Here is the problem with Gallo and his Godfather coddling him. D'antoni is retarding Gallo's growth. Gallo will NEVER, and I repeat NEVER, reach anywhere near his potential with his GODFATHER coaching him.

Gallo is a 90% free throw shooter. He should be LIVING at the free-throw line. 8-10 freebie points a game easy. But D'ant lets Gallo sit outside and fling up 3's all willy-nilly. Gallo already has 59 3 point attempts in 10 games shooting at 30%. 90%>30%. Anytime Gallo even thinks about shooting a 3, D'ant should be calling a timeout and benching his butt. Really.

Every day in practice Herb should be working on post moves with Gallo. Every night Gallo should be sitting in the film room watching old tape of Allen Houston's mid-range game. And spending this summer in Italy "playing" the superstar signing his "autobiography"(at 21??? no wonder his nickname is cock) instead of being here stateside learning how we play our game. INEXCUSABLE.

I have seen glimpses of Gallo's potential, but "even the sun shines on a dog's *** every once in a while." Milsap's 40 last week tells you that. But Gallo's Godfather letting Gallo sit outside and throw-up doorknobs from three-land is borderline criminal and could cost Gallo his NBA career. Cocklover's are forgiving, NBA GM's aren't. Gallo is three years into his four year rookie contract. This season is "make or break" for Gallo "not wait and see."

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Your naming the best players from the draft. Gallo is still a top 8 player and has potential to be a top 3-5 player from that draft.

Some players are great their 1st or 2nd season, others become even better than them in their 4th or 5th season. Everyone is different.

Supposed star? You don't give up on a player within 3 years, especially if its a 1st round prospect. This isn't Kwame Brown. We've seen Gallo's greatness and his flashes. He was present at the all star game, and he'll be a big part of our success even if you don't remember watching Gallo play good and assessing Gallo on the first 10 games of the season.

Lol...you don't get it....I'm naming top players from drafts...yes...what makes them top players from said drafts...their consistent play on the court. They match the hype with tangible evidence of some serious game. I'm not judging Gallo based on the 10 games this year alone, I'm searching hard for the improvement and consistency in his game that should be evident by year 3.

Don't misunderstand me or try to twist my words....I'm not saying he should be a star, or on the same level as some young stars by year 3 (which would be a reasonable expectation...but that's not what I'm saying) all I'm saying is that he's just as raw and inconsistent in the 2010-11 season as he was in the 08-09 season.

I need to see him take what he did last night (with a better shooting %) and build on it tonight. Because the only way to make a name for yourself is with your play, and if Gallo's play is doing all the talking, it's incoherent at best.

Oh and are you sure Gallo is top 8 in his draft class? I count Rose, Beasley, Westbrook, Love, Gordon, Brook Lopez, Goran Dragić, and DJ Augustin as carving out their niche in the NBA in a better fashion and at a quicker pace than Gallo.

Won't even count Mayo, George Hill, J.J. Hickson, or JaVale McGee, but even they give you a more consistent and defined skill set than Gallo's insatiable desire to just shoot the long range jumper.

metrocard

Legend
Lol...you don't get it....I'm naming top players from drafts...yes...what makes them top players from said drafts...their consistent play on the court. They match the hype with tangible evidence of some serious game. I'm not judging Gallo based on the 10 games this year alone, I'm searching hard for the improvement and consistency in his game that should be evident by year 3.

Don't misunderstand me or try to twist my words....I'm not saying he should be a star, or on the same level as some young stars by year 3 (which would be a reasonable expectation...but that's not what I'm saying) all I'm saying is that he's just as raw and inconsistent in the 2010-11 season as he was in the 08-09 season.

I need to see him take what he did last night (with a better shooting %) and build on it tonight. Because the only way to make a name for yourself is with your play, and if Gallo's play is doing all the talking, it's incoherent at best.

Oh and are you sure Gallo is top 8 in his draft class? I count Rose, Beasley, Westbrook, Love, Gordon, Brook Lopez, Goran Dragić, and DJ Augustin as carving out their niche in the NBA in a better fashion and at a quicker pace than Gallo.

Won't even count Mayo, George Hill, J.J. Hickson, or JaVale McGee, but even they give you a more consistent and defined skill set than Gallo's insatiable desire to just shoot the long range jumper.

Rose
Westbrook
Lopez
Mayo
Love
Beasley
Gordon
Gallo

Goran Dragic? LOL. Career 6.7 ppg, and right now is averaging 8 ppg with 2 assist. Back up PG? Dude isn't bad. But he'll never be better than Gallo, at any point of his career.

metrocard

Legend
Yea, you definitely was trying too hard.

Gallo is a legit 17-20 ppg 5-7 rebound guy...on some Rashard Lewis swag.

Maybe he'll never be a star, we don't know that. But he's a definate 17-20 ppg 5-7 rebound guy.

He averages 16 ppg and 5 rpg per 36 minutes. Thats what he can contribute, plus a block and a steal per game.

Why is that so bad to everyone?

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I never brought up averages, I was talking about consistent play. Goran Dragic is coming off the bench behind Steve Nash...I wouldn't expect him to get a lot of burn. That doesn't change the fact that he's more consistent than Gallo.

Give him the 29 mins a game that Gallo is getting this year, or the 33 that he got last year, and his numbers go up.

Those players all have not only shown more consistent play than Gallo, but also growth to their game from the time they were drafted, to this day. Gallo has not. Driving in one game here, one game there, and shooting 3s in others, isn't consistency.

He's not versatile enough and dominant enough to score 21 points on 19 shots (unless he grabs 10 boards consistently..which you know he doesn't) He's shooting 41% from the field in his career, that's not high enough when his free throws attempted averages out to 3.2 a game for his career so far.

His play isn't good enough, his numbers aren't good enough. All I can base my assumptions on is his what he shows me...what do you base yours on?

I'm just calling it like it is, not what I wish it to be. I want the dude to do well, but shit....if he's not showing anything on a consistent basis then what am I supposed to say?

metrocard

Legend
How does being a "consistant" back up make Dragic a better PLAYER than Gallo, who's a 30 minute per game starter?

jzero29

Rotation player
gallo stardom

yo al... the only diff between u and zepole is that u are black and he is white...but the bottom line is... u both sux...

skin color has nuthin to do with it...
I didn't hear him mention skin color?

I do agree with harrington, they do over hype Gallo. But thats just what the knicks do. Look how much credit/hype they give/gave felton. At least Gallo got international appeal. Besides, they hype Gallo, because he is a high draft pick and want him to develope and he's at a different stage in his career then Al. Harrington has years in NBA, he should be developed, thus not given the excuse of making rookie mistakes, that a coach can give to gallo. Harrington and whoever else, should just get over it.

jzero29

Rotation player
Rose
Westbrook
Lopez
Mayo
Love
Beasley
Gordon
Gallo

Goran Dragic? LOL. Career 6.7 ppg, and right now is averaging 8 ppg with 2 assist. Back up PG? Dude isn't bad. But he'll never be better than Gallo, at any point of his career.
But his name is fun to say! it's GORAN DRAGIC

iSaYughh

Starter
A 22yr old #6 pick who can stroke it (no homo) when we need guys who can....And rebound, when we need guys who can. And has a 15-5, blck/stl season under his belt...Has *elite* shooting/slashing/free throw shooting/range talents for his size and position....

Is just a 30mpp starter...On a young, not great team....

Because his "uncle" is a coach? (who incidentally values guys with range, no matter what kind of bloodline they have)

Smh. Come on....Gallo hate got outta hand sometime earlier this year and season. Time to reign it in. :afro:

The talents, pedigree, and stats that Metro, myself, Rono, and a few others bring up are FACTS proven by results, and a long history of them being displayed by Gallo on a professional level.

You can't argue with them. Except to say you don't value those things on a 22yr old #6 pick and want to treat him like a 20cent ho.

Last edited: