Gallo LOVEFEST created Tensions in Locker Room (Harrington)

metrocard

Legend
Gallinari is honestly the 2nd best on this team on terms of getting to the line.

7 FTA per 48 mins.
Thats behind Amare's 10 FTA per 48 minutes.

I feel that number can increase if Gallo wasn't forced on the 3pt line so much.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
A 22yr old #6 pick who can stroke it (no homo) when we need guys who can....And rebound, when we need guys who can. And has a 15-5, blck/stl season under his belt...Has *elite* shooting/slashing/free throw shooting/range talents for his size and position....

Is just a 30mpp starter...On a young, not great team....

Because his "uncle" is a coach? (who incidentally values guys with range, no matter what kind of bloodline they have)

Smh. Come on....Gallo hate got outta hand sometime earlier this year and season. Time to reign it in. :afro:

The talents, pedigree, and stats that Metro, myself, Rono, and a few others bring up are FACTS proven by results, and a long history of them being displayed by Gallo on a professional level.

You can't argue with them. Except to say you don't value those things on a 22yr old #6 pick and want to treat him like a 20cent ho.

Landry Fields is a better player than Gallo right now. Landry was drafted 39th, Gallo being picked 6th means nothing and after watching Gallo play for 2 years he has not earned the respect a 6th pick receives. I will say one thing in Gallo's defense tho. Unlike his fanboys, he has no delusions, He knows hes playing like crap and knows he does not have what it takes to be a star.

I blame D'Antoni for talking him up so much and never just letting him be one of the guys by benching him and treating him like any other player trying to get into the rotation. You don't think Gallo has been crippled by all the hype and the trade rumors? The media, management and delusional fans had pumped this guys stock up so much into thinking it was not worth trading him and Randolph for Melo and even I as well as others bought into it for a minute.

But now every time he sets foot on a court his stock just keeps plummeting. Ironically his poor play will keep him on the team because Denver wants no part of Gallo or Randolph.

Whats annoying about Gallo is that his skillset is very difficult to accommodate. While he has good size his propensity to camp out and shoot threes does not allow him to develop a "blue collar" interior game. He is SOOOOOFT and cannot battle down low with the Millsaps of the world. So basically he is a 6'10 Shooting guard who can't guard shooting guards or players his size.... awkward. While Wilson may have regressed into chucking threes, he is tough as $hit (spits his tooth out and keeps playing, dunks on Jvale McGee like it was nothing). As soon as we get rid of D'Antoni it will allow us to take full advantage of the skillsets of Wilson, Mozgov and maybe even everyone's favorite cock.

Landry Fields is a better player than Gallo right now. Landry was drafted 39th, Gallo beig picked 6th means nothing and after watching Gallo play for 2 years he has not earned the respect a 6th pick receives. I will say one thing in Gallo's defense tho. Unlike his fanboys, he has no delusions, He knows hes playing like crap and knows he does not have what it takes to be a star.

I blame D'Antoni for talking him up so much and never just letting him be one of the guys by benching him and treating him like any other player trying to get into the rotation. You don't think Gallo has been crippled by all the hype and the trade rumors? The media, management and delusional fans had pumped this guys stock up so much into thinking it was not worth trading him and Randolph for Melo and even I as well as others bought into it for a minute.

But now every time he sets foot on a court his stock just keeps plummeting. Ironically his poor play will keep him on the team because Denver wants no part of Gallo or Randolph.

Whats annoying about Gallo is that his skillset is very difficult to accommodate. While he has good size his propensity to camp out and shoot threes does not allow him to develop a "blue collar" interior game. He is SOOOOOFT and cannot battle down low with the Millsaps of the world. So basically he is a 6'10 Shooting guard who can't guard shooting guards or players his size. While Wilson may have regressed into chucking threes, he is tough as $hit (spits his tooth out and keeps playing, dunks on Jvale McGee like it was nothing). As soon as we get rid of D'Antoni it will allow us to take full advantage of the skillsets of Wilson, Mozgov and others

Why are you hating on Gallo?
I mean why do you want to see him fail, If he plays bad we don't win How bout you root for him to win?

smokes

Huge Member
I agree with the point that Gallo is not proving himself. Yes he averages 15ppg from scoring efficiently one night and 2-10 the next. That's not what we need as a team.

Chandler is a better player than Gallo right now and he's also a lot more consistent (he does have off-nights but they are much rarer than Gallo who seems to play good one night bad the next).

At the start of the last home game Gallo was straight to the rim dunking it and I was excited, finally I thought he's going to play an aggressive game, take his man off the dribble and then when they let their guard down shoot them lights out from distance (see Denver @ New York last season). But no even the crowd at MSG massaging his confidence cheering him down the court after his dunk didn't encourage him to stay aggressive, and he settled into the long range game and had a decidedly average game.

Gallo is not a bad player and doesn't deserve as much hate as he's been getting but looking at it objectively, if he would actually just put up 15+ ppg every game and shot the ball efficiently (NO MORE 2-10 FROM DEEP) he would be a much better asset to the team.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Why are you hating on Gallo?
I mean why do you want to see him fail, If he plays bad we don't win How bout you root for him to win?

I could say...

Why are you hating on Amare?

Or you just call you a know-nothing hypocrite muppet... I'll do BOTH ;).

I am a HUGE KNICKS FAN. I root for everyone on this team. But to call me a hater is ridiculous I have been even keeled on Gallo all season. I have defended him numerous times even in that last post I made the point that D'Antoni is doing a horrible job coaching him. Your the one starting a thread calling Amare a fraud so fall back and check YOURSELF before you wreck yourself...lol

If Gallo does well I will be happy as all his other critics will be. But since i am a fan of the Knicks and not one player, I want my team to do well. Gallo's existence is in direct conflict with that first statement.

Your New nickname is WarriorsFanSince2010. Lets Go Warriors!

Paul1355

All Star
Rose
Westbrook
Lopez
Mayo
Love
Beasley
Gordon
Gallo

Goran Dragic? LOL. Career 6.7 ppg, and right now is averaging 8 ppg with 2 assist. Back up PG? Dude isn't bad. But he'll never be better than Gallo, at any point of his career.
gragic is already more clutch in my opinion....didnt he score like 25 points in one quarter in the playoffs?

Gallo chokes in clutch spots most of the time

Plus Gragic is being taught by Nash so he will be a really nice player...Gallo can possibly be a sixthman for life

metrocard

Legend
gragic is already more clutch in my opinion....didnt he score like 25 points in one quarter in the playoffs?

Gallo chokes in clutch spots most of the time

Plus Gragic is being taught by Nash so he will be a really nice player...Gallo can possibly be a sixthman for life

Why are you being foolish?

His name is Dragic...you don't even know who the hell you're talking.

Your an Italian hating on your own countrymen, Gallo is the best player from Italy and D'Antoni is probably the best coach from there. They're not as bad as you try to make them out to be, and this is coming from one of the most pessimistic Knick fans in knicksonline.com

Dragic isn't ha good to be moulded into a Nash.

Paul1355

All Star
Why are you being foolish?

His name is Dragic...you don't even know who the hell you're talking.

Your an Italian hating on your own countrymen, Gallo is the best player from Italy and D'Antoni is probably the best coach from there. They're not as bad as you try to make them out to be, and this is coming from one of the most pessimistic Knick fans in knicksonline.com

Dragic isn't ha good to be moulded into a Nash.

"Dragic" whatever. Dragic is really good and very under rated. He might not be Nash but Dragic can score and is deceptive like Nash so he will be a solid starter once Nash gets too old.

You think Gallo is better than Bargnani? Andrea Bargnani torches teams on offense, defense not sure. Gallo can turn out like Bargnani, taking years to hit his stride. We kno Gallo SHOULD be hitting over 40% from 3 point land and at least 45% from the field....ill give him time to balance out the percentages. I dont know what he is at now but Gallo was under 40% for most of the season.

Mike D is not the best coach of anything. He needed Nash, Marion, and Amare...three allstars plus great role players to help them be a solid team with great offense but no defense.

I just don't like any coach that doesn't emphasize defense and if you think Mike D does then your are fooling yourself because the teams he has coached prove my point and the player's quotes prove it. Amare was one of the guys woh said that Mike D never taught defense in Pheonix, ive posted the quote before just look it up....so being that MIke D is all offense how can you still back him up and eve say he is thebest coach from Italy?

I would take a solid college coach from USA over Mike D's "great" italian resume.

Metro do you think Mike D is an offensive genius?

Don't you think this guy is over rated at all?

I think he is EXTREMELY over rated, could be the most over rated coach in the entire NBA.

And Gallo now is finally playing the way he should, driving and drawing fouls...BUT how long will it last?

How long will these 2 game winning streak of not bricking shots last?

Eventually, being a "pessmistic Knick fan", Mike D will go back to his old caoching style of short rotations and bricks.

I hope we win ever game but I dont see it with Mike D and I dont think he is helping Gallo. Gallo could get better coaching by Popovich or Jerry Sloan, old school guys who actually have players use their best skills in games. Not brick shots when players aren't even shooters (Chandler is an example.)

Metro I am not a Mike D or Gallo hater, so stop using the hate card. Like a black man saying im racist because i called him an idiot or something.

He had bad lineups the past two years, fine we will give him a pass for 2 horrible seasons. Could he have won more games last year? YES if we didnt brick shots all day at least 5 or ten extra wins.

When Mike D has our team not playing Phoenix Suns basketball, we play good.
The only thing we HAVE to use is the pick and roll but Felton just cant get it down yet.

I expect 35 wins or more....if we dont get that then you better agree to fire this Italian fool...because we can only be patient for so long and more losing seasons is enough! Ive had it with this shyt, no winning in NY=failure.