Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Atlanta Hawks (11-8-2014)

Kiyaman

Legend
I heard Mike Woodson is starting Melo at the 4 tonight.

Go ahead and take it from here fellas

So nice i wanna see twice.

My Knicks suck .. so what! three game losing streak
Im a Knicks Fan .. I have faith in Fisher turning things around
LETS GO KNICKS!!!!!!!!!

tiger0330

Legend
That's the lineup I suggested before the season began.

Dally
Melo
TJH
Shump
Calderon

Melo can play the 4, anything to get him going.

Kiyaman

Legend
A 3 Guard offense as starters
THJ gets the chance to start bc Calderon/Prigioni is out
expect to see another jumper after jumper night .. hope they go in

Great 1st quarter for the Knicks behind an incredible performance from Melo with 12 points in 11 minutes. We can do this. Let's go Knicks!

One of the best quarters for the Knicks all season and one of the best quarters for Melo ever. Melo gets 14 points and 8 rebounds in one quarter against the Hawks. Playing well and winning solves almost all problems. Let's make this a laugher tonight and put the Hawks away early. Let's go Knicks!

tiger0330

Legend
Melo 8rbs and 6 pts in the paint. Melo looking good at PF. Coach Fisher needs to stick with some kind of lineup, I hope this works and we see the same lineup for a few games.

Melo, Shump, JR Smith...where have these performances been on the regular all season? Great effort by all three in this very solid first half so far.

That kind of offensive output will solve a lot of problems. Hard to believe a team that looked as anemic as we did on offense up until now just dropped a 61 point first half on the road.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Having Melo at the 4 makes a lot if sense as he is a matchup nightmare for any PF in this league. Bring STAT off the bench to balance the lineup. Go Knicks!!!:)

Someone needs to step up here. Even with the incredibly uneven whistles, we should still be able to win this game if anyone is willing to step up.

Our defense against the 3-pointer has to be on pace for the worst in NBA history through the first couple weeks of a season.

mafra

Legend
Melo at the 4 is a losing story in the 2nd half

Atl has 36 free throw attempts; Knicks get 11... Not gonna win a game like that. I know all we do is shoot jumpers.... But the FT disparity is every night... Teams getting at least double the attempts from the charity stripe.

Hawks had TWENTY more points from FT line than NYK. Bad enough not playing defense but we have to stop fouling. Adjust. Refs will not call fouls when we shoot, so what should we do? Every game we are giving 30 free throws and awarded 15?

Again... We will lose 55 games easily this year. You cannot win games in the nba with our guards. It was proven last year... Now it's a given.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Final 5 minutes... Shump with 2 TO, missed shot and a missed FT. I cannot take thus guy anymore. Just trade Shump and JR for a Milky Way and some Cheerios.