Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Atlanta Hawks (11-8-2014)

mafra

Legend
We scored 30 points in the second half... 32 in first quarter. 2-5 and falling fast. Season over before thanksgiving. Team has no fight in them. They go down and stay down. Another putrid performance from Melo. Does he have a no-trade clause?

tiger0330

Legend
Like the past losses when Melo plays well the Knicks play well, when he disappears the Knicks do also.

Going to see what the team looks like when Calderon comes back and when the schedule normalizes but its ugly bball so far.

jimkcchief88

All Star
How do u let Korver drop 27; I thought fish would have the guys showing more effort on the defensive end. I guess not; baaaad losses this week Pistons/Hawks...same kind of bad looses that had us on the outside looking in of the playoffs last year.. Long way to go but I hope this season doesn't turn into another lost season:(

Maybe Phil's master plan was cap space and a lottery pick for 2015? About the best we look capable of at this point, even if it is still early in this season. We just don't seem to have gamers on this roster. No one on the current team, including our coach, knows how to win a game.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Watching Aaron Brooks with 27 and counting for the Bullies; no D-Rose, no problem... Why won't the Knicks ever address their backcourt starting with the PG....

mafra

Legend
Maybe Phil's master plan was cap space and a lottery pick for 2015? About the best we look capable of at this point, even if it is still early in this season. We just don't seem to have gamers on this roster. No one on the current team, including our coach, knows how to win a game.

I won't watch this team because it's not even really basketball. Why waste my time. So, that means I just peak in at the box score a few times during the game to see what's happening. I see tonight we pretty much led in every category... Sans heart, will, effort, and desire to win. Impossible to fathom how Melo could score 3 points from beginning of 2nd quarter to under a minute left in the 4th. Take it to hoop and get to the line man.

Impossible to quantify how we lost this game. The obvious is at the free throw line. Not sure if that was case of refs screwing us or just lazy Knicks ball (settle for jumpers and constantly swatting and playing defense with hands).

Wash, Det, Bkn, Atl all teams battling for the 3-8 seed... Knicks lost to them all. Catch 22... We should have won 3 of last 4 but Melo has been terrible. But Melo is terrible bc he has no help, no pg, and teams will do everything they can to make life difficult for him. He literally has no help.

On a winning basketball team, THJ would be a role player, backup guard who could knock down a 3. J.Smith would be a 12 minute backup big. Nobody else on the roster would even play on the Spurs. Shump, JR, Amare, Daly, Acy, Larkin, Aldrich, Wear... Plz.

Our only hope is to suck. Get a top ten pick and steal a rotation player in the draft. Sign Marc Gasol and Rondo. Then, sign Kobe after 2015 with another starter.

Rondo
Kobe
Melo
Gasol

Sprinkle in role players and we have a shot come 2016

Last edited:

petescud

Starter
Hey guys, another ouch game....looked good early though. Wonder if Phil will trade away 33% of the team in November for picks

Broadway

All Star
I heard Mike Woodson is starting Melo at the 4 tonight.

I swear I saw tonight's game before somewhere, at some other time. Was this game on Tape delay from last year? Lost tonight in identical fashion as if Mike Woodson was on the sideline

Have you guys noticed Fisher has started several different lineups, almost like he could be consulting Larry Brown. Oh well this team wasn't going to be good anyway, I never was fooled. I said, figured we'd win maybe 32-37gms at best.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
On a winning basketball team, . J.Smith would be a 12 minute backup big. Nobody else on the roster would even play on the Spurs. Shump, JR, Amare, Daly, Acy, Larkin, Aldrich, Wear... Plz.

I agree BUT 99%... I can't see JR on the spurs, or any winning team... he is not a winning player, low basketball IQ, plays no "D", and is a chucker... can't see JR and pops co-existing...

paris401

Starter
well gotta go... gotta get ready for our other top-ranked team , the jets are playing in a few hrs... gotta get the popcorn ready...

Kiyaman

Legend
u sound like all the Knicks/Jets Fans .. a win is like a Super Bowl Win!
Dont feel bad its the same way with us Knicks/Giants fans too LMAO

DrB

Benchwarmer
Disappointed

Final 5 minutes... Shump with 2 TO, missed shot and a missed FT. I cannot take thus guy anymore. Just trade Shump and JR for a Milky Way and some Cheerios.

It's simple ..the NBA is all about the second half and CRUNCH time. Melo shoots 42% in the TRIANGE and 31% going ISO...which taking even one dribble. HE HAS NOT BOUGHT INTO THE SYSTEM, and there is no 3 point D. Send me the Milky Ways.

Kiyaman

Legend
Atl has 36 free throw attempts; Knicks get 11... Not gonna win a game like that. I know all we do is shoot jumpers.... But the FT disparity is every night... Teams getting at least double the attempts from the charity stripe.

Hawks had TWENTY more points from FT line than NYK. Bad enough not playing defense but we have to stop fouling. Adjust. Refs will not call fouls when we shoot, so what should we do? Every game we are giving 30 free throws and awarded 15?

Again... We will lose 55 games easily this year. You cannot win games in the nba with our guards. It was proven last year... Now it's a given.

How do u lose a 15 point lead in the 2nd half?
2nd half mistakes .....
1) we shot to much jumpers in the 2nd half when in the first half we score 26 of our 61 pts from inside-scoring.
2) we did not assign any player to defend Kover extra-tight on the perimeter in the 2nd half.
3) our BIGS let the Hawks (small PG) score at will down-low, plus gave-up second chance rebounds to take the lead .. our Bigs were scared to catch a foul defending downlow

mafra

Legend
I agree BUT 99%... I can't see JR on the spurs, or any winning team... he is not a winning player, low basketball IQ, plays no "D", and is a chucker... can't see JR and pops co-existing...

Not JR... the other Smith. That is why I said Big Forward. JR won 6th man of yr award and nobody wanted him as a free agent. He is a waste of space.