Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Houston Rockets 8:00pm 11/21/2015

Silly possession by Houston. Tons of time left and all they did was try to get an open look for a 3, which they missed. Melo extends the lead to 4 at the line with 18 seconds to go.

Wow, Major respect to Fisher for taking Melo off the court for Lance Thomas as part of our defensive lineup after the timeout. Harden makes a mental mistake and commits the offensive foul bulldozing through a stationary Knick trying to get open. Our ball with 4 point lead.

Galloway makes a huge high IQ play after Houston hits a 3 to cut the lead to 3. He races up the sideline with the ball after the inbounds and passes to Lance Thomas in empty space to run almost all the clock down before Houston can intentionally foul. Thomas hits 2 free throws and we win by 5.

Porzingis finishes with 24 points, 14 boards, and 7 blocks. He does it shooting 8 for 12 from the floor and with the highest +/- on the team tonight.

finestrg

Rotation player
Great win. You taken 'em on the road however you can get 'em. And to do it w/o Melo having a huge game..KP was big-time and I gotta say, Lance Thomas has been solid all year. I wasn't sure he even deserved to make the team, then thought Early deserved to be playing at the beginning of the season, but Thomas has been surprisingly effective the whole year. Along with Fisher's confidence in him which has really helped him, we've got a legit NBA rotation player with this guy now. Wow--who would've thought, huh?? gotta give this dude credit. Have a good night all.

tiger0330

Legend
I see Westchester got another W tonight. I think they're 4-0. I'm definitely gonna take a trip up some weekend--check out a game, grab some dinner at Texas de Brazil nearby (awesome restaurant for anyone who likes meat. OMG! Place is insane! Lol).
I love that place TexasdeBrazil. County Center is no MSG though, if you've never been there either get seats court side or in the upper level. The roof is too low on the first floor if you get seats in the rear.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kristaps Porzingis may not have found a nickname that sticks but he has certainly raised eye brows on Phil Jackson still being a winner .. 24 pts, 14 rbs, and 7 blocks

tiger0330

Legend
My question also .. but we didn't need Melo to win this game.
The Knicks team-defense this year is off the charts.
Plus the Rockets are a small-ball roster without D.Howard & Capela
Quinns playing time was going down before today. Only thing I can think is Fish wants to give Seraphin an extended look and they are winning with him in the rotation.

tiger0330

Legend
My question also .. but we didn't need Melo to win this game.
The Knicks team-defense this year is off the charts.
Plus the Rockets are a small-ball roster without D.Howard & Capela

Kristaps Porzingis may not have found a nickname that sticks but he has certainly raised eye brows on Phil Jackson still being a winner .. 24 pts, 14 rbs, and 7 blocks
They're calling the kid the next Dirk in Houston after this game but this kid is twice the defender Dirk is. If his jump shot is 85% of what Dirks is he'll be greater than Dirk IMO.