Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Memphis Grizzlies - October 19, 2022 -- Season Opener!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I put on MSG and was wondering why I saw a Nascar opening. I don't remember MSG not broadcasting when ESPN does for their games.

Looking forward to how this team does with Brunson.

:gony:

Kiyaman

Legend
Half Time .. Knicks 46 - Grizz 61
This is a nice early season gut punch !!!
We are still in this game but we have looked really awful.
This is some much needed reality after playing LOTTERY teams DET and IND in the preseason games.
Our coach is still clueless on how to play a spot-shooter Fournier .. And Brunson ???
Barrett is 1-9
Quickley is 0-5
HELP or SOS

Kiyaman

Legend
This is a much better version of Randle & Reddish playing for the WIN in the 4th quarter ..
It's just that guy Morrant making the team Knicks look bad

Holy cow. This is nuts. We were down by as much as 19 and now we lead by 1. Got to keep it up and close this out.

Kiyaman

Legend
RJ Barrett 38 minute performance vs Ja Morrant's 38 min performance had the Knicks looking like LOSERS from tip-off throughout 3 quarters SAD. Thanks to Bully-Ball Randle and Cam Reddish stepping-up his Iso-scoring off the bench to add 22 pts to give the Knicks a one point lead late in the 4th quarter, that lead to a Knicks over-time loss. No complaints !!!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I was annoyed with Ja's floaters. A great player, but hopefully the Knicks can figure something out to not let stuff like that happen repeatedly.

I was impressed with Reddish, Hartenstein, and Brunson. Great to see Randle show up big. Disappointing loss, but hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. Also it was an off night for Barrett and Rose scoring the ball, so not a big deal.

mafra

Legend
So, defender flops and no call then they foul out Randle to begin Ot. Ja smacks Brunson on head and it's a clean block?

IQ and RJ were atrocious on offense? 0-6 & 3-18. Knicks would?ve been blown out but Grimes was hurt so Cam saved their day.

Rose was a no-show?.

Brunson had early foul trouble, shined in 4th but missed a crucial 3 with game tied late in OT.

Randle was terrific! Tough for Obi to get minutes bc he isn?t half the player Julius is.

Let?s see 81 just like this? 0-82 and they might get a top 5 pick, if NBA decides it doesn?t need to save a few other franchises first.

On a night Zion and Ja shine, it really hurts as a NYK fan that they rigged the 2019 lottery.

Waited to see if anyone noticed a very interesting and important stat from the Memphis game.

Out rebound by ten(I think). Silver lining?? Taking a team into overtime but lose the rebounding war. Played over your head?? Never should have been close to begin with?? To early to tell??

Kiyaman

Legend
Waited to see if anyone noticed a very interesting and important stat from the Memphis game.

Out rebound by ten(I think). Silver lining?? Taking a team into overtime but lose the rebounding war. Played over your head?? Never should have been close to begin with?? To early to tell??

I been waiting on your comment Dark ....
Your homeboy RJ Barrett TRIED to defend Ja Morrant bringing the ball down court, and Ja Morrant flew pass Barrett every single time getting into the paint to put Knicks center & PF (MitchRob/Randle) in foul trouble. Morrant was 9-11 from FT line.
MitchRob had 5 fouls in 13 minutes thanks to RJ Barrett's poor effortless defense.
RJ Barrett had 2 fouls defending Ja Morrant for 38 minutes.
Barrett still show he is clueless on how to stay in front of the man he's defending.
The Knicks are gonna have BIG problems this season, the Knicks biggest weakness have always been Barrett defending opponents scoring guards (PG/SG) for 30 plus minutes a game.