Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Memphis Grizzlies - October 19, 2022 -- Season Opener!

I been waiting on your comment Dark ....
Your homeboy RJ Barrett TRIED to defend Ja Morrant bringing the ball down court, and Ja Morrant flew pass Barrett every single time getting into the paint to put Knicks center & PF (MitchRob/Randle) in foul trouble. Morrant was 9-11 from FT line.
MitchRob had 5 fouls in 13 minutes thanks to RJ Barrett's poor effortless defense.
RJ Barrett had 2 fouls defending Ja Morrant for 38 minutes.
Barrett still show he is clueless on how to stay in front of the man he's defending.
The Knicks are gonna have BIG problems this season, the Knicks biggest weakness have always been Barrett defending opponents scoring guards (PG/SG) for 30 plus minutes a game.

Hey Kiya? purposely didn?t mention #3. Like I told SKI it a shame that someone would try to justify him playing. It just that pitiful.

The rebounding jump out at me when looking at the stats. Knowing that Memphis was ahead by 20(I think) says they thought that had the game without any problems. Good for the Knicks that they came back.
There are several things I saw in the 4th quarter that trouble me about the Knicks.

It amazing how you spend one million for a FA PG and change your offense to the way it should have ran to begin with. No giving the ball up at half court and running to the corner and standing there for a 3. What even more strange is that Brunson wasn?t defending Ja.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Hey Kiya? purposely didn?t mention #3. Like I told SKI it a shame that someone would try to justify him playing. It just that pitiful.

The rebounding jump out at me when looking at the stats. Knowing that Memphis was ahead by 20(I think) says they thought that had the game without any problems. Good for the Knicks that they came back.
There are several things I saw in the 4th quarter that trouble me about the Knicks.

It amazing how you spend one million for a FA PG and change your offense to the way it should have ran to begin with. No giving the ball up at half court and running to the corner and standing there for a 3. What even more strange is that Brunson wasn?t defending Ja.

Dark no disagreement in this post.....RJ looked like crap on defense.........agree not sure why Brunson was not guarding him from a team perspective.