Game thread: New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks 11/2/2022 7:30pm [Game #7]

Kiyaman

Legend
End of 3rd Qtr. Knicks 75 - Hawks 89
Murray 31 pts, 8 ast, and 5 steals performance say's "The Knicks FO should've gave up 2 unprotected picks !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
According to box score, Knicks have 8 points in third Q with 2 left. I have them too
Much credit? I assumed ATL would simply take over game down stretch in 4th? silly me.

Now we can start dreaming for Wamby!!!!

The Hawks know all Randle & Barrett's weakness and Embarrassed the Knicks two players having a 32-10 quarter

mafra

Legend
ATL went on a 67-26 run. Lead cut to 10 I see? might as well put Randle and Evan back in so ATL can win this

mafra

Legend
People wanted more Obi? well? there you go? lead down to 10
And he?s clanking open 3s, missing dunks? this is just a bad roster.

Kiyaman

Legend
5 min remain in game Hawks 107 - Knicks 88
Gonna watch the ending of Boston vs Cavs go down the stretch for the WIN

End of 3rd Qtr. Knicks 75 - Hawks 89
Murray 31 pts, 8 ast, and 5 steals performance say's "The Knicks FO should've gave up 2 unprotected picks !!!

Murray scored 36 and 9 assist.... shot over 50% from the floor.

So Who was defending HIM?? Was it the Knick player that is taking all of the other NBA team best scorer??

mafra

Legend
Knicks score 34 in second half. Bwaaaah! At least we know now what this team is. They about to go 0-7 on this 7 game stretch.

mafra

Legend
Fournier exits game in Q1: 18-16 Knicks

Fournier returns to game in Q2: 53-36 Knicks

Fournier exits game in Q3: 77-71 Hawks

mafra

Legend
Thibbs sounded defeated in postgame? p&T recap:

In many ways, the second and third quarters were Tom Thibodeau?s masterpiece. The bench was cruising, but he insisted on bringing the starters back in to end the second. When it quickly became evident they were getting overwhelmed, Thibs did...nothing. Then when they blew the lead altogether in the third, Thibs did...nothing again. He just stood by and let the game slip away. By the time the bench came back in at the end of the third, the entire team was shell-shocked. They did managed to get the deficit from 19 back down to 10, but the Hawks had no trouble holding them off. Pathetic effort.

Anyway, fire Thibs. Recap to come.

??-

ATL went zone and Thibbs had no answer

Broadway

All Star
I turned it off at half. The outcome is inevitable. Don?t do it to yourself!

I saw the team up after the 1st, then extended it?by the time I checked back early 3rd the Hawks must have blitzed this team, they were up double digits and pulling away

Knicks aren?t good and I?m ready to move on from Thibs, I think he?s better suited going back to being an assistant

Look at the job the Utah Jazz coach is doing with a Motley Crue roster in the tough Western Conference, it doesn?t take long to figure out which guys know how to push buttons and get the most out of any given situation

We really need like our version of Nick Nurse/Coach Spo

We all know how the yr will go, we?re no fools here. Brunson is doing his part but again he needs to play like a Top 7-5 pg every night in order for us to win

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
I saw the team up after the 1st, then extended it?by the time I checked back early 3rd the Hawks must have blitzed this team, they were up double digits and pulling away

Knicks aren?t good and I?m ready to move on from Thibs, I think he?s better suited going back to being an assistant

Look at the job the Utah Jazz coach is doing with a Motley Crue roster in the tough Western Conference, it doesn?t take long to figure out which guys know how to push buttons and get the most out of any given situation

We really need like our version of Nick Nurse/Coach Spo

We all know how the yr will go, we?re no fools here. Brunson is doing his part but again he needs to play like a Top 7-5 pg every night

Yes! Thibs is not the answer for the Knicks or PG Brunson .. Tomorrow, I could hear sports announcers quickly to say, "The Knicks LOSS a game they had a 20 pt lead in".
Steve Nash got Fired this week, and would make a great coach for Brunson & D.Rose offensive talent. And coach Tom Thibs 4th qtr. defense has not been better than Steve Nash the past two seasons (Randle/Barrett vs Durant/Kyrie defense ???).

mafra

Legend
Again? Thibbs sounded defeated afterwards.

From the desk of the great @StatsWilliams:

The 23-point lead for the Knicks tonight is tied for the team's 3rd-largest blown lead in a loss over the last 30 seasons.

Over that span, Knicks have led by 23+ points & lost in 5 games. 3 of those have come in calendar year 2022.

Folks, the Thibbs - Leon Rose era just ended. Methinks another threat of a staged protest come Feb will compel Dolan to look for the next savior.

Please collapse! Lose 27 straight! Want a top 5 pick.

Broadway

All Star
Yes! Thibs is not the answer for the Knicks or PG Brunson .. Tomorrow, I could hear sports announcers quickly to say, "The Knicks LOSS a game they had a 20 pt lead in".
Steve Nash got Fired this week, and would make a great coach for Brunson & D.Rose offensive talent. And coach Tom Thibs 4th qtr. defense has not been better than Steve Nash the past two seasons (Randle/Barrett vs Durant/Kyrie defense ???).

We do not need Steve Nash, he literally went to his owner admitted he failed and couldn?t get perennial All-Stars NBA Champions to respond to his style of coaching

I provided examples of who we need. I wouldn?t mind looking into Frank Vogel if need be. The idea approach would be to hire a bright assistant off a winning team?s bench

Kiyaman

Legend
We do not need Steve Nash, he literally went to his owner admitted he failed and couldn?t get perennial All-Stars NBA Champions to respond to his style of coaching

I provided examples of who we need. I wouldn?t mind looking into Frank Vogel if need be. The idea approach would be to hire a bright assistant off a winning team?s bench

As a player, Steve Nash kept study ball-movement in his offense to keep every player in the lineup aware on offense to score, which makes team effort on defense ..
Steve Nash & Dantoni were the wrong coaches to coach two big star $$$ players that always look to dribble the ball on every touch to find a shot for themselves.

Taking Obi Toppin out the game when he was hot scoring easy from inside/outside .. Taking Toppin out the game so many times when he's hot .. takes away Toppin's confidence each time.
Never, having a play to get Fournier a open look on the perimeter for an emergency 3-Ball shot are not the head coach the Knicks need to win.
Randle has become a frustrating player to watch on both ends of the court !!!

Did the signing of Brunson was supposed to be the cure all for the Knicks offense woes. Correct??
A true PG that would open the offense for all(not calling names). Correct??

Did you really need a Hundred-Million-dollar PG or just change the offense scheme?
Note: The ball now comes over half court and is still in the hand of the Hundred-Million-Dollar PG. The current state of affair with the Knicks are WHAT?? Is there any different if Frank had the opportunity to run a real offense suited for a real PG? Not Much!!

To ALL:
As it stands right now.... Today... The problem doesn't seem to have been a PG!! 98% of you in this forum have gone along with F.O. and there Horrible Mistakes. Never saw anything from any of you that spoke to team, team, team. Never mentioning chemistry(if you know what it means when it comes to bb). The team suffers and we as fan have to suffer with them. Seeing one dumb mistake after another and you guys go along with them and make excuses.

The F.O. has taken the fans to bottom of the league in hopes of getting a savior. That didn't happen and there was no need to take us there.

Now you upset with the direction the team is going... Seriously Sherlock!! Have you had enough, YET??

Kiyaman

Legend
Fire Thibbs. Hire Atkinson. Trade Julius and Evan.

After last night pathetic performance from a team that embarrassed the Knicks in a playoff series (1-4).
Leon Rose and coach Tom Thibs need to be FIRED on the same day asap.
Randle & Barrett are BUMS .. two players (Randle/Barrett) that does not co-exist on offense/defense in a lineup with each other and teammates, after 3 seasons of being in the Knicks starter lineup receiving above 32 minutes of playing time per game.
And in their 4th season together the two bum players (Randle/Barrett) are still losing games after having a 20 pt lead.

And not given the 2nd season Big-Body Jericho Sims any playing time in the past 3 losses when his rebounding and big body could've change each game around .. coach Thibs should've been the first head coach FIRED in NY.

mafra

Legend
I loved the Brunson, IQ, RJ, OBI, Hart lineup. I think RJ would be fine if they move Randle. I think those 2 are sort of redundant.

Get rid of Evan and Randle and then evaluate RJ with the youth movement. If I can get a better player, I move RJ in a heartbeat. Mitch would?ve been ideal? SGA too. But, I?m still willing to give him a year or two before I give up on him.