Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls 1/10/2018 [Game #41]

tiger0330

Legend
I’m sorry.... a viable NBA PG doesn’t play a game where he doesn’t grab a defensive rebound and go coast to coast for a layup. What did NYK have.... 4 fastbreak points?Frank’s offensive game is so mediocre it makes Shumpert look like Kobe.

It’s amazing how NYK front office evaluated these prospects last year.... this is a PG league.... like QB in NFL, you need a PG who runs the offense and scores.... KP desperately needs a penetrator to get him easy looks.... KP already talking about leaving in free agency.... pressure on to get him help (which they failed to do for Melo and Ewing).... and they draft a teenage project with no offensive talent, who may be good the year after KP leaves in free agency. Makes no sense.

But, this has been the case for 40 years.... so, at least they are consistent.

Without THjr we don’t make 3s or score easy buckets on the fast break.
Project thats the word I've been looking for. Now the question is how many teams have taken on a project with the 8th pick in the draft. DSJ has plenty to improve on but his 20 pt triple double underscores his potential, Nits who knows other than he doesn't like to play with an edge, tries not to make mistakes to play a very conservative, safe game. Nits should have gone about the same place Shump did in the draft.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I’m sorry.... a viable NBA PG doesn’t play a game where he doesn’t grab a defensive rebound and go coast to coast for a layup. What did NYK have.... 4 fastbreak points?Frank’s offensive game is so mediocre it makes Shumpert look like Kobe.

It’s amazing how NYK front office evaluated these prospects last year.... this is a PG league.... like QB in NFL, you need a PG who runs the offense and scores.... KP desperately needs a penetrator to get him easy looks.... KP already talking about leaving in free agency.... pressure on to get him help (which they failed to do for Melo and Ewing).... and they draft a teenage project with no offensive talent, who may be good the year after KP leaves in free agency. Makes no sense.

But, this has been the case for 40 years.... so, at least they are consistent.

Without THjr we don’t make 3s or score easy buckets on the fast break.

I've never been a #kporzee fan and probably never will be. He's always talking as if nothing is ever good enough for him and as if there's something else better out there for him to pursue or deport to. If this is no big deal then why is Begley highlighting this? I don't want to hear #kporzee is simply admiring the Bulls in the spirit of good competition

Talk about laying it on thick, Phil's system not good enough and sounds like neither is Hornacek's. To be quite honest I think #kporzee is feeling emotional because a journeyman dope head Beasley is as productive if not more so than he is given the usage.

Let's keep it 100...#kporzee is a beeyotch of the highest order, a whiny little crybaby and he's shown this every yr he's been in the league. Yeah he's improved his game some but the total package of professionalism just isn't there folks. I think he's full of himself even more because he's got a hot chick on his jock. Although he admits there's room for them to improve in growing up it really starts with him and his mind games within the game on and off the court

Last edited:

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
I've never been a #kporzee fan and probably never will be. He's always talking as if nothing is ever good enough for him and as if there's something else better out there for him to pursue or deport to. If this is no big deal then why is Begley highlighting this? I don't want to hear #kporzee is simply admiring the Bulls in the spirit of good competition

Talk about laying it on thick, Phil's system not good enough and sounds like neither is Hornacek's. To be quite honest I think #kporzee is feeling emotional because a journeyman dope head Beasley is as productive if not more so than he is given the usage.

Let's keep it 100...#kporzee is a beeyotch of the highest order, a whiny little crybaby and he's shown this every yr he's been in the league. Yeah he's improved his game some but the total package of professionalism just isn't there folks. I think he's full of himself even more because he's got a hot chick on his jock. Although he admits there's room for them to improve in growing up it really starts with him and his mind games within the game on and off the court

I don't think KP is the bad guy here, he can do a little better, I agree, but he is not the reason we lost the game. we are losing games because we don't have solid PG.....replace KP with KAT, AD or even Dirk and you will get the same result..... fix the guard problem and we are gold

mafra

Legend
https://www.postingandtoasting.com/...-2ot-what-a-terribly-silly-game-this-has-been

Scroll down the page a bit and see the video of KP sulking on the court when he posts up and doesn?t get the pass, then forces a contested shot next possession first time he touches the ball.

Sometimes I wonder if KP is a true Melo protege.... their man focus is stats and accolades.... not so much winning. It?s not that he isn?t competitive or burning to win.... it?s just that he doesn?t seem to hate losing.

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/...-2ot-what-a-terribly-silly-game-this-has-been

Scroll down the page a bit and see the video of KP sulking on the court when he posts up and doesn?t get the pass, then forces a contested shot next possession first time he touches the ball.

Sometimes I wonder if KP is a true Melo protege.... their man focus is stats and accolades.... not so much winning. It?s not that he isn?t competitive or burning to win.... it?s just that he doesn?t seem to hate losing.

Didn?t Scottie Pippen once decide to sit out the final possession of a playoff game against us because PJ wrote up a play for Kukoc to take the final shot instead of Pippen? In his own head, KP is already a great player, partially because that?s what the media and fans have told him.

As long as this team keeps having losing seasons, our players will keep thinking they are more important than the team. We are the reverse of the Spurs or Celtics.

I was one of the least shocked people on here when PJ wanted to trade KP. I still say if we have 2 more 50 loss seasons, we should consider letting him walk in free agency.

mafra

Legend
?The Knicks missed eight free throws to contribute to the loss (13-of-21) but didn?t get to the line enough. The starting backcourt didn?t shoot a single free throw in 85 minutes of action. Incredible.

Courtney Lee, on the verge of setting a new franchise record for consecutive free throws made, didn?t see the line in 45 minutes despite scoring 16 points. Hornacek has been worried about jinxing Lee by talking about the streak. Lee has made 43 straight free throws but looked like he was almost avoiding drawing contact Wednesday. Jarrett Jack also didn?t take a free throw.?

?The Knicks missed eight free throws to contribute to the loss (13-of-21) but didn?t get to the line enough. The starting backcourt didn?t shoot a single free throw in 85 minutes of action. Incredible.

Courtney Lee, on the verge of setting a new franchise record for consecutive free throws made, didn?t see the line in 45 minutes despite scoring 16 points. Hornacek has been worried about jinxing Lee by talking about the streak. Lee has made 43 straight free throws but looked like he was almost avoiding drawing contact Wednesday. Jarrett Jack also didn?t take a free throw.?

Jack and Ntilikina each average around 1 FT attempt per game. Eric Bledsoe averages around 5 FT attempts per game. Just throwing that out there. Remember how no one wanted to give up Ntilkina or WHG for Bledsoe...

...except me.

Kiyaman

Legend
I said it to many times ..
KP is not a 30 minute player!
KP is not a starter or finisher!
KP is a decent 26 minute bench player PROJECT having a low b.ball IQ.

Hornacek maybe a decent assistant coach but Horn's coaching plan the past two season are not the creative-developing head coach the Knicks need to be a winning team.
From the preseason games to the first 3 regular season games coach Hornacek had Sessions as the starter PG, and Baker as the backup. Bad move.
Switching starting PG from Session to Jack were a good move, not making Session the backup PG, and rookie Frank the combo-guard off the bench to be in lineups with Jack then Sessions were another bad move.
Horn has showed confusion on formulating the guard rotation .. it's all good that Lee n Jack has just started co-existing together in January as tandem backcourt guards .. it would have been nice if THJ n Frank would have been in the same lineup together to co-exist as the 2nd unit backcourt tandem having Session n Baker as extra guards on the bench for emergency.
Our SF .. Mcderm / Beasley / Lance has not been being used right in the Knicks rotation ..

mafra

Legend
Jack and Ntilikina each average around 1 FT attempt per game. Eric Bledsoe averages around 5 FT attempts per game. Just throwing that out there. Remember how no one wanted to give up Ntilkina or WHG for Bledsoe...

...except me.

Bledsoe is also second in NBA in steals....

Kiyaman

Legend

Bledsoe is finally being mentored by a HOF PG head coach Jason Kidd n a super star point forward Giannis who run the Bucks tempo scheme.
What did Bledsoe do under Phoenix Suns head coach Hornacek?

tiger0330

Legend

...except me.
I was in favor of the deal citing his positive stats though opposed to an asking price of Frank or WHG and CLee and first round pick. Mafra was also pro trading for him. I liked a swap of Kanter for EB but he eventually got traded to the Bucks for Monroe, protected first and second round picks. Knowing how you feel about our first round picks I doubt you would have traded our first for him.

I was in favor of the deal citing his positive stats though opposed to an asking price of Frank or WHG and CLee and first round pick. Mafra was also pro trading for him. I liked a swap of Kanter for EB but he eventually got traded to the Bucks for Monroe, protected first and second round picks. Knowing how you feel about our first round picks I doubt you would have traded our first for him.

Hmm. That?s a fair point. I remember at the time thinking we could get Bledsoe for Ntilikina or WHG, possibly both. Also throwing in a 1st round pick for him would have been a stretch.

Kiyaman

Legend

The western conference top 10 Guards the past 2 season were .. Curry Westbrook Harden CP3 Lillard Conley Beverly Rondo Klay McCollum ....
Bledsoe n Rubio n Holiday are not worth a first round pick .. their 4th qtr. performance does not have the moves or creative instint to win.
Bledsoe for Lee would have been a even trade.
Bledsoe going to coach Kidd Bucks was the best thing for Bledsoe career.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 13

tiger0330

Legend
When the hell was the last time we had a guy get a triple double, double overtime game or not?
At 34, Jack became the oldest Knick to register a triple-double since Mark Jackson in 2002 and the first to achieve the feat since Carmelo Anthony in 2012, finishing with 16 points, 10 assists and 10 rebounds in 40 minutes.

Broadway

All Star

The Bucks haven't been that much better since acquiring him 5gms above .500 over about 25+ gms. That's okay but not great, Phx improved some since his exodus too.

While I agree Bleddy is far better than anything we have running our team I don't see long term upside in acquiring him. We're always looking for stop gap saviors for the current season instead of looking beyond it while building towards the future

I just never heard of a player praising another team to this extent after a game getting beat in your own arena. Just so bizarre and beyond explanation. The Bulls are 15-27 for crying out loud. I get it the fact they're playing better but come on

Broadway

All Star
I don't think KP is the bad guy here, he can do a little better, I agree, but he is not the reason we lost the game. we are losing games because we don't have solid PG.....replace KP with KAT, AD or even Dirk and you will get the same result..... fix the guard problem and we are gold

This is an easy out cop out. It was pretty well known the day we drafted #kporzee going forward it would be a major uphill battle. For all of you who adore him it always comes back to with me how did we get him? How did we get Knits?

Oh through the draft right?

I mean what if Bulls fans spewed what you just wrote? I bet they are saying the same thing since it appears they have a unicorn too? BTW I thought unicorns were supposed to be RARE? Markannen's rookie yr matched against #kporzee's is a spitting image. He more than clearly outplayed him yesterday. With Dunn already LIGHT YRS better than Knits, all this proves is that we need another Lottery Talent!

Nobody can talk their way around this. Bulls can match us talent for talent and they aren't that good but they aren't pushovers.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Remember this when how valuable THJR is, when spoken on

So Beasley may be Knicks 2nd best player in terms of usage and productive results in this system but it's time to look at mitigating him all because of the return of the great THJR. OHHHHHHKAAAYYY!

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Horn is an idiot if he does this; MB could be a sixth man of the year type of bench fireworks (in the mold of Jamal Crawford).

He should be called upon to carry the offense with the second team and inserted whenever offense lags and needs a jolt of points.

I?d actual consider signing him to a 3-yr deal, if money was reasonable, to serve in that roll. He?s perfect for it and man.... if he ever just put it together for 1 season.... He could be the Livingston and Vinnie Johnston every championship team features.

Anyway, hopefully Perry is smart and some trades go down.... clearing out Lee and Jack and possibly a C might do that.

Only focus should be determine the core and developing the players on the roster you plan to keep.

Treating MB and WHG this way will only drain the depth.... we need those types, along with 1 more star wing, and another talented G. Add those 2 items (especially a talented PG) and this team will contend for EC titles.