Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Detroit Pistons 7:30 pm 11/16/2016 [Game#11]

tiger0330

Legend
Long RB by Ish and he knocks down a 3 to get the Pistons within 2 104-102.

DRose makes 1 of 2 FT's giving them a 105-102 lead. Pistons can tie this with 3 seconds left. Forget giving the foul, defend them straight up.

Pistons got an open look and the guy they wanted to shoot taking the 3, but Caldwell-Pope misses. Big win for us.

and1

Rotation player
whew! that was close. i was smellin' OT. glad that didn't happen with a road game tomorrow.

and1

Rotation player
the godfather has something to say.
attachment.php

Attachments

• jbStillMad.jpg
    jbStillMad.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 19

tiger0330

Legend
KCP misses a long 3 on a good contest from the Knicks. Good win in a close game, boys seem to making progress, not fouling, winning the boards tonight and better D the last 2 games. Game ball to KP on a career scoring night.

and1

Rotation player
interesting that noah didn't play much towards the end of the game. they did the same a lot with RoLo last year.

tiger0330

Legend
Holiday finished the game and not Noah. Why Horn had DRose and Jennings in together in crunch time I hope he doesn't do again.

tiger0330

Legend
interesting that noah didn't play much towards the end of the game. they did the same a lot with RoLo last year.
With Noah probably his FT shooting is why you keep him on the bench. Rolo was 50-50, he finished some games, great FT shooter.

mafra

Legend
whew! that was close. i was smellin' OT. glad that didn't happen with a road game tomorrow.

Rose with some key buckets down the stretch. A lot of contributors tonight. It helped that DET played in OKC last night. Knicks could show us something if they go into WAS tomorrow and get a win (and get back to .500).

and1

Rotation player
Rose with some key buckets down the stretch. A lot of contributors tonight. It helped that DET played in OKC last night. Knicks could show us something if they go into WAS tomorrow and get a win (and get back to .500).

that would be sweet.
it's looking like maybe willie and kuz might need a little more time to their game face on, but i'm sure they'll be fine soon enough. good news is other guys - Q, holiday, n'dour - are stepping in when needed and getting the job done in the meantime. i want to see more defense like tonight. we need to make other teams fear the garden.

tiger0330

Legend
Wiz lost to the Sixers, Brooks sounded pissed saying this loss was unacceptable. The boys need to take advantage of them being in disarray and us on a high going into Verizon tomorrow and get to .500.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Anyone else noticed how significantly we slow down with D-Rose running the offense? I may be getting paranoid, but this + Rose's non-existant vertical start to worry me. Other than that a pretty good game, Noah had the 2nd best PER after KP, so that's definitely an improvement. And KP... goddamn, son... if he continues to play this well he may as well make his 1st All-Star call. And last but not least, Hornacek making adjustments. Finally some real coaching.

mafra

Legend
Anyone else noticed how significantly we slow down with D-Rose running the offense? I may be getting paranoid, but this + Rose's non-existant vertical start to worry me. Other than that a pretty good game, Noah had the 2nd best PER after KP, so that's definitely an improvement. And KP... goddamn, son... if he continues to play this well he may as well make his 1st All-Star call. And last but not least, Hornacek making adjustments. Finally some real coaching.

Aside from being an upgrade over the PGs we had last year, it's clear what Rose does best for this team: help out score nY in the 4th when a bucket is needed. He's an extra option.... a viable one at that. Other than that, it remains to be seen how significant a piece he might be come Sprong.