Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Miami Heat 7:30pm 2/28/2016

mafra

Legend
Also... Didn't the Knicks win 54 games the year after LIN left? If STAT wasn't the invisible man...
They had a shot at the Conf or NBA Finals (or title even)... One can say that it was Amar'e and Chandler who fizes vs INDY costing that team that year.

paris401

Starter
. At least the ones who are cash whores.

I hope u are not speaking of Me-Lo??... he wanted to stay in ny and bring home a championship banner... and to prove his sincerity, he gave us a home-town discount...

p.s. as mafra said... agree with ya 100%

Broadway

All Star
Also... Didn't the Knicks win 54 games the year after LIN left? If STAT wasn't the invisible man...
They had a shot at the Conf or NBA Finals (or title even)... One can say that it was Amar'e and Chandler who fizes vs INDY costing that team that year.

No one really played well except for a standout game or two from Felton and Shumpert, everyone else was average or absolute garbage. The yr prior with LIN who was injured during the playoffs we all had to witness Amar'e showing more grit and determination against a Fire Extinguisher than in a game rebounding and defending.

These guys are frauds...

tiger0330

Legend
Standing ovation for Broadway! I wholeheartedly agree with every letter.

Wasn't it Amar'e who chased the money; going to only team willing to hand him a 5-yr contract? Did he put winning ahead of checking account?

Melo being selfish and out for CA and CAA is certainly not a revelation. Kicking somebody when they're down is easy... Did he go to bat for Lin when it was happening?
I agree, real good post by Broadway. Telling it like it is. Always said Stat was the ultimate hired gun whose loyalty could be bought by the highest bidder.

mafra

Legend
No one really played well except for a standout game or two from Felton and Shumpert, everyone else was average or absolute garbage. The yr prior with LIN who was injured during the playoffs we all had to witness Amar'e showing more grit and determination against a Fire Extinguisher than in a game rebounding and defending.

These guys are frauds...

And let us never forget than Lin decided he couldn't play bc he was only 91.89% healthy. He sat out the playoffs b/c he didn't feel 100%... Didn't want to jeopardize his big payday...

Broadway

All Star
And let us never forget than Lin decided he couldn't play bc he was only 91.89% healthy. He sat out the playoffs b/c he didn't feel 100%... Didn't want to jeopardize his big payday...

True...although after having the surgery he didn't get off to a good start with the Rockets and had a rough first few months.

tiger0330

Legend
Do you blame him. In Feb. he was sleeping on Landry's couch waiting to be cut and in April he was looking at a possible multiyear MLE deal if he was healthy.

While this may be true doesn't make sense because we hadn't really heard this from any other team this yr...thus it was more embarrassing rather than impressive. We've been under .500 for the majority of the yr and in particular struggling the last 15-20gms.

It was loud enough that even the players were uncomfortable with it, no need to try and dumb this down

Not sure if we are agreeing or disagreeing here. To put it very clearly, I think last night the home crowd actually did get acutely worse for the Knicks. Worse than it had been this season up until this point. Does it matter? Yes, in my mind. Dolan is going to start being more and more visible between now and the start of next season. He cares way too much about fan reaction and media coverage to continue taking a backseat to PJ. Just my 2 cents.

The problem with being a Knicks fan is that not only do you have to suffer for being bad the current season, but you are also doomed to relive every bad moment of your franchise on top of it. Stat still talking about Lin? C'mon.