Here we go AGAIN: Reality Check

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I think D'Antoni sort of gave up when he found out what Chris Duhon was capable of (ie NOT MUCH).

Now that we have a very confident PG in Raymond Felton to run the offense I feel much more comfortable with that than I did with DuSUCK

knickfan2112

Benchwarmer
You must be some little snot nose brat. Only cowards and kids make disrepectful comments over the net. The only clowns I see is you and the ones that have been occupying the Garden...and I don't mean Ringling bros either. Stop acting like a dushe bag and maybe you'll grow a real pair. Hopefully before its too late you'll see just how much of a little pecker head you were.

someones catching feeelings hahahaha.... anyways if you agree with this clown or want iverson, arenas on this team your also a clown

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I love how you guys continue to make excuses for D'antoni's non coaching azz... the guy has shown he's a bum and that steve nash was the REAL coach of those suns teams. for whatever reason you guys have a real hard on for this dick..

GeeboBXNY

Benchwarmer
The fact that a multi-ring having GM like Steve Kerr made NO ATTEMPT to resign Amare while other NBA GM's where breaking thier necks to resign their MAX free-agents should tell you something else. Even us county folks from the Midwest can figure this simple stuff out.

Kerr is on his way out in PHX and isn't well liked in the "GM" world. I like the Amar'e move. Numbers wise his might look a lot like Lees on paper. But the presence of Amar'e at least offensively will give the Knicks a jump start at least in the right direction.

We did overpay for him, but this is NYC what do you expect? We overpay for everything from multi-million dollar professional teams t normal people buying a pack of cigarettes for $12(yep that's how much they are now in the Bronx and rest of the city)

Lee will be missed, but Amar'e is the first step in building a team that other 'stars' want to come to, more importantly a team that will continue to get better.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I am sorry guys, but I'm not feeling it. Knicks fans were sold a bill of goods and I am not buying it. This 2010 KNICKS team is NOT a GOOD team and will struggle to win as many games as last years team. Enough of the hype ok. I don't want to hear about "ohhh we got STAT(where did that acronym come from anyway???). All we did is trade one HARDWORKING 20/10 guy for one questionable 20/10 guy. Amare has never had to experience in Phoenix what he is about to go through in New York: the constant losing, the media, the fans, the scrutiny. You say overpaying for Amare was a good move to try to lure LJ. Well it didn't work now we are stuck with a potential problem. Amare shined last year on a good team in a contract year. Let's see how Amare competes on a bad team with with a fat bankroll in his pocket.

We were promised LJ and and another MAX player, we got Amare and a bunch of castoffs. How can you be excited about players the Warriors threw away??? Ronny Turiaf is a donut which is why the Lakeshow dumped him and the others were throw-ins to make the money work. Thats it. Now we got Felton Spencer(WHO????) and some big clown from Russia and I'm supposed to be excited about the upcoming season???

Let's call a spade a spade guys. This is ANOTHER THROW AWAY SEASON BECAUSE WE MISSED ON LEBRON. It is what it is. What do you think Knicks brass is going to admit their entire plan crumbled when Lebron spurned them??? Hell naw, their job is to sell tickets. Did you hear what Lebron said?? No matter what you think about Lebron going to the HEAT, he told it in his statement: Pat Riley and the Heat give him a better chance to win than New York. Trading away every piece of the team for pipe dreams, the Starbury debacle, the horrible draft picks, and general team mismanagement have made New York a place to stay away from and the joke of the league.

Mark it down this team will struggle to win 30 games this year. The rest of the East got way better while we are overpaying backup point guards and Russian castoffs just to save face. Its pitiful really. We are sounding like Cub fans and its pitiful:" Just wait till next year...." Just pray the MELO wants to get the hell out of the mountains and will come home and play for the KNICKS next year and we can grab a real PG like Parker or Paul, not the backup that will be starting next year. If both those thing don't happen, we need to: FIRE WALSH, FIRE DANT, START OVER!!!!

You have no idea what your talking about. Starting over with a star
is not an option. The plans are already in place and I see a team that can get into the playoffs this year and also has the ability to excite other stars to come play here. What your saying in starting over is just ludicrous.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Kerr is on his way out in PHX and isn't well liked in the "GM" world. I like the Amar'e move. Numbers wise his might look a lot like Lees on paper. But the presence of Amar'e at least offensively will give the Knicks a jump start at least in the right direction.

We did overpay for him, but this is NYC what do you expect? We overpay for everything from multi-million dollar professional teams t normal people buying a pack of cigarettes for $12(yep that's how much they are now in the Bronx and rest of the city)

Lee will be missed, but Amar'e is the first step in building a team that other 'stars' want to come to, more importantly a team that will continue to get better.

That is seriously criminal. They are like 4 bucks where I live. I love my teams from NY, but that city is on some shit with those prices. I don't smoke, but from that it gives me a good indication of how that city is just becoming unreal.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
You have no idea what your talking about. Starting over with a star
is not an option. The plans are already in place and I see a team that can get into the playoffs this year and also has the ability to excite other stars to come play here. What your saying in starting over is just ludicrous.

PLAYOFFS!? PLAYOFFS?! UR TALKIN ABOUT PLAYOFFS!?!? LOL well i guess you are another one wearing rose colored glasses

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
PLAYOFFS!? PLAYOFFS?! UR TALKIN ABOUT PLAYOFFS!?!? LOL well i guess you are another one wearing rose colored glasses

Did I ever say we were a for sure shot in the playoffs... NO! I have not claimed anything. Calm your nervous ass down bro. Shit the season hasn't even started yet and your pushing the ****ing panic button. Shut up.

p0nder

Starter
Playoffs. Locking it in here now. lilman_bk, you don't think this team makes the playoffs? for real man? i don't think we even need a .500 record to get into the playoffs in the east and you don't think this team is capable of that?

I don't know what color glasses you have on, but you should go get the prescription checked.

Last season early on I told folks here it would take a miracle to make the playoffs and if we got a .500 record by the end of the season i'd eat my shorts, make a video and post it.

This year, I'm going out on a limb and guaranteeing that we make the playoffs. Hold me to it now. y'all can quote the shit out of me and say "I told you so" later if I'm wrong.

I've been critical of the Knicks front office and ownership for years. I have watched this teams my entire life and I'm not old enough to remember the last knicks championships. I make it a point to be as objective as I can when analyzing our chances, and I'm quite confident that this is a GOOD team and that we are set up to only get better. If you choose to not cheer for this team and instead just hate hate hate, like so many jaded bitter knicks fans do, then fine, be that kinda person.

But when we make the playoffs and when we start contending, you'll eat all of your words.

mafra

Legend
It's obvious that MIA is the favorite to win the East. BOS is getting older (again) but you have to give them their due respect.

ORL hasn't really done much to improve their team (and they might lose Redick); but they get Nelson back at full strength and playing All-Star type ball again.

CHI-ATL will be right there in the mix. CHI has brought in Boozer-Korver and possibly Redick; We'll see if ATL keeps Smith.

MIL should be improved. They were able to keep Salmons and made some nice additions. But, will Bogut stay healthy? Sophmore slump for BJ?

From there the field appears wide open. I have to admit, despite being biased, that I fully expect the Knicks to compete for a spot in the Eastern Confernce post season.

Put it in stone - ORL, MIA, BOS, CHI. Those are for sure 4 playoff teams. MIL and ATL deserve to be considered favorites to earn two bids.

Who is left?

Well, toss CLE out the window. WAS, NJ & DET don't have enough. INDY & TOR have some talent but I don't see them being better than the Knicks. Definitely not significantly so. PHI and CHA? I put 76ers in the INDY-TOR tier, and I'll elevate CHA (along with NY) as the final 2 playoff teams.

MIA
CHI
ORL
BOS
ATL
MIL
NYK
CHA

These are my predictions. We battle CHI in the 1st round.

Why?

Easily.... This is the first time in 2 years this team has a goal; something more than wait till next year. That aone should inspire and energize the players.

BUT, the main thing is.... We've lost a ton of game sin the 4th quarter. We just never had a go-to option. How many clanks from N8 or Crawford could one stomach in the final minute of games?

With Felton-Stat we finally have a vet combo who can handle the load, so to speak, in the 4th quarter. With Chandler-GALLO-Randolph as 3rd options... This alone should be enough to propel NY from a 28 win team to a 36 win team. Say we win only 8 of those 20 games we blew down the stretch!

Add to this the fact that we have our best front court in years... Well, coach D'ant has to earn his money now. This should push win total to the 40-45 range.

JCStone57

Rookie
Charlotte might fall off a little bit, they will however have a full year of Stephen Jackson but they still have a lot of uncertainty at the point and will try to get away with Gerald Wallace playing minutes at the 4-spot. I see them as contenders for a playoff spot but they still have questions yet to be answered right now.

metrocard

Legend
Actually it looks like you are being the biased one here with your hatred for the midwest region. The only player you mentioned that isn't worth a shit is Curry....we can atleast agree on that, but to say Lee and Chandler is just some scrubs is stretchin' it.

Using your logic....there isn't any good players from the Midwest. Which we all know is a bunch of bullshit. Your attitude towards the middle of America is exactly the reason the rest of the country despises New Yorkers so much.

I don't agree with the OP's initial post one bit but being that Im also from the Midwest just like him I won't sit here and let you berate our region for no reason like that. Show some class will ya?

We are all Knicks fans here aren't we? :beer:

Richardson, Crawford, Randolph all SUCKED for us.
Lee played no defense and Chandler has no heart.
They PRODUCED, to LOSE.

All Midwest players brought us was losing basketball...the only good one was Anthony Mason and he played like a New Yorker.

Yes, I'm BIAS boy. Respect that and recognize. NYC is the best.

You despise the best, so I really don't care.

You're like a Knick-fan-lite....so iono...

I'm just playing though. I don't want midwest players on this team just because Isiah use to go crazy with his midwest bias. I just want Isiah as far away from this as team, and right that doesn't look likely.

iSaYughh

Starter
25% we epicfail and miss postseason play
50% we make it and are pretty much a playoff kicktoy
25% we make it as an underdog, but the underdog --nobody-- wants to play and we make some serious noise

Also, mark me down for NJ having a "surprise" big season and be in serious contention for a playoff spot. Even after being dissed mad hard this offseason.

Harris
Morrow-Courtney
Henderson
Yi-Favors
Lopez

If Henderson keeps up late season form, Harris stays healthy, and something comes between a Yi-Favors combo they could be pretty good IMO.

portega1968

El Cacique
my magic balls say a key piece for the future will be obtained as a new year's present and that will push us strong into the next playoffs, where we will battle the first seed in the first round and take them into game 7 overtime where a referee will call a foul against Stat that saves the royal biatch from total embarrasment but places us as favorites heading into 2012 (2011 lockout = no 2011/12 season) with Carmelo joining the MSG army.

reality check? blah, go fuuuuck urselves with a hairbrush and let me dream again dammit!!!

portega1968

El Cacique

Also, mark me down for NJ having a "surprise" big season and be in serious contention for a playoff spot. Even after being dissed mad hard this offseason.

Harris
Morrow-Courtney
Henderson
Yi-Favors
Lopez

If Henderson keeps up late season form, Harris stays healthy, and something comes between a Yi-Favors combo they could be pretty good IMO.

uh, breaking news FYI.. Yi was dealt a few weeks ago:

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2010/06/nj_nets_yi_on_his_way_to_dc.html

Nevertheless, they will definitely not repeat last year; they do have very good players but will not be better than the Knicks (I can see Amar'e stuffing Lopez full of orange leather).

jimkcchief88

All Star
Richardson, Crawford, Randolph all SUCKED for us.
Lee played no defense and Chandler has no heart.
They PRODUCED, to LOSE.

All Midwest players brought us was losing basketball...the only good one was Anthony Mason and he played like a New Yorker.

Yes, I'm BIAS boy. Respect that and recognize. NYC is the best.

You despise the best, so I really don't care.

You're like a Knick-fan-lite....so iono...

I'm just playing though. I don't want midwest players on this team just because Isiah use to go crazy with his midwest bias. I just want Isiah as far away from this as team, and right that doesn't look likely.

Like I said, village idiot. David Lee is from the Show-me State about an hour from where I grew up and he was the first KNICK to make the all-star team in HOW MANY YEARS??? So to say you don't want players from the Midwest means you don't want GOOD players period.

Let me give you the Knicks starting line-up in Metro's perfect world:

pg- Starbury( still top 5 pg in the NBA even though he couldn't even lead his CHINESE team to the playoffs.

pg- Ricky Rubio

and the rest of the national team from PR.

In the Midwest from Kansas to Mizzou, from Detroit to Flint to Chicago, from Indiana to Ohio and Michigan, basketball is not just a game, its a way of life. When was the last time the Knicks, Syracuse, or St. Johns were relevant in basketball??? Sorry to break it to you, but NY is off the basketball map.

iSaYughh

Starter
uh, breaking news FYI.. Yi was dealt a few weeks ago:

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2010/06/nj_nets_yi_on_his_way_to_dc.html

Nevertheless, they will definitely not repeat last year; they do have very good players but will not be better than the Knicks (I can see Amar'e stuffing Lopez full of orange leather).

Ah ya. I totally forgot they salary dumped him to go after the FA market...and then were the big ghost of the FA market.

Amare vs. Lopez would actually be a great battle to see.

But seriously, is there any more fail of this offseason than the Nets...they've been like ghosts after having all that cap that they cleared, kept clearing, and pieces to build around (harris, lopez), or trade (favors).

I dont think theyll be better than us, either; but I do see them being pesky towards our playoff hopes as the season goes down.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I'll cosign this 100%.... REAL KNICK FANS, who love the Knicks and know what it will take to become a real contender will understand what you are saying. Knick Fanatics are the ones who are crying over the lebron debacle and in an effort to get over it, many of them want to put on the blinders and look at this team with rose colored glasses. Well you guys need to wise the eff up. You can try to be blind about the realities of the Knicks, but that won't change the fact that they are NOT a playoff team. they are NOT that much better than they were last year .. MAINLY because of the inept coach the knicks have on teh sidelines. The fact that the majority of the "fans" on this site are so unwilling to take D'antoni to task shows how ignorant or just lost they really are. Keep it up Chief, i'm with you 100% on this topic.

This has nothing to do with having or not having mid-west players. It has everything to do with just having bad players. D' antoni, these past couple of years, has had nothing! NOTHING!! NO PLAYERS!! Simply put, you do not win without players.. Pat Riley is a players coach. So's Phil Jackson. Both of em have had the best players and they've both won. You can't have winning without players! I'm baffeled at how you and Jim Chief, or whatever his name is, miss this rather simple point.

Give D'antoni a chance with some decent players. He now has a legit all-star in Stoudemire, and Felton who I think he'll make into something close to one, with some nice young players to coach up. Not to mention Gallo who I think will take it to another level this year. Why do I think that?? Because he has the talent and hunger to, and he has to if we're going to be the playoff team that most of you think the knicks can be.

D'antoni can coach. What was Steve Nash before he hooked up with Coach D? A so-called slightly above average PG. He is now a Hall of Famer because he he played under coach D. He didn't magically become a great PG, and the Suns didn't start winning because of his leap in abilities by accident either. This is history 101 people.

Recent history is undeniable also. Walsh wanted to tank these last seasons to get under the cap. We had cast-offs and throw-away players as result. This equals lots of losses and yes frustration for KNICK FANS! But Coach D will show what he can do this season with serviceable players. Just wait. :gony:

Last edited: