Is Eddy McFlurry Really That Big of a Gamble?

Will Walsh be able to move Curry to free up space for 2010?

• Yes

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • NO

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

JayJ44

Starter
You know the great thing about stats is that they can be used and misrepsented to make any point. I love your "per 36 minutes" variation. Last time I checked, NBA games are 48 minutes long. So no matter how you mess with the stats Darko "The Donut" averages 5 points per game with 1.5 boards for his career. This is a number 2# overall pick we are talking about here. So keep prefering "Darko the Donut."

Per 36 minutes is the best way to determine a players impact on the game. It's the fairest way to compare players. The only reason you think it's "misrepresenting" is because it proves your wrong. Also, he averages 4 rebounds for his career, not 1.5. You don't even need stats to know that Darko is a better rebounder, shot blocker, passer and defensive player. Defense>one dimensional offense. Wtf does him being a #2 pick have to do with anything? He's still better than Curry.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Here is another newsflash for all y'all hating on Eddy Curry. SHAQ is in the eastern conference now. So we all need to hope that E-City is back for this season. Otherwise our frontline consists of a rookie, Darko the Donut, and Gallinari with D. Lee in questionable status. Last time I checked, both participants in the finals had more than servicable centers. As much as D'antoni wants you to believe in his 7 seconds of madness and throwing up shots from all over, shots CLOSER to the goal are still the HIGHER percentage shots. That means you need someone who can play with his back to the goal and has a post move or two. That's why I am rooting for Eddy to make a full recovery instead of poking fun at the fat kid in class. Real mature. What are you guys gonna do for an encore??? Go pull the wings off flies or the legs off grasshoppers??? Last time I checked Eddy is still a Knick and even if you want him gone, nobody will want him if he doesn't come back and show something. So it has nothing to do with Eddy being from the CHI, I didn't even grow up here, I'm a transplant. Its about Eddy being a CENTER for the KNICKS, and last time I checked, that meant something.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Per 36 minutes is the best way to determine a players impact on the game. It's the fairest way to compare players. The only reason you think it's "misrepresenting" is because it proves your wrong. Also, he averages 4 rebounds for his career, not 1.5. You don't even need stats to know that Darko is a better rebounder, shot blocker, passer and defensive player. Defense>one dimensional offense. Wtf does him being a #2 pick have to do with anything? He's still better than Curry.

Whatever. If you think NBA games are 36 minutes long and Darko is better than E-city, I can't help you. Oh I'm sorry. 4 rebounds a game. What a world beater. So Darko is a 2nd overall pick that averages 5 points and 4 rebounds for a career. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

JayJ44

Starter
Whatever. If you think NBA games are 36 minutes long and Darko is better than E-city, I can't help you. Oh I'm sorry. 4 rebounds a game. What a world beater. So Darko is a 2nd overall pick that averages 5 points and 4 rebounds for a career. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

You're a dumbass.

No, plenty on this board are applauding Rubio, Darko and Gallo. What board have you been reading??? All I know is when Steph quit on us 2 years ago, Jamal stepped up and took over the 1 spot and lead our team in scoring. For that he was scorned and shipped out. Newsflash: If winning is the only measure of sucess, every Knick that has suited up for the last DECADE is a LOSER. Did Jamal and Eddy get us to the playoffs??? NO. But you think a cast lead by Darko, Gallinari, and everybody's dreamboat Rubio would lead us back to the promised land??? Please..... Like I said above I'm just going to agree with the Moderators. Knicks fans don't know **** and I lose basketball IQ points even trying to talk hoops in this basketball bizarro world called KO.com. Guys that have never busted a grape have "potential" while guys who have put in actual work are losers.

dude r u serious, the only reason guys who have put in work are considered losers is because they had more time to prove that they are terrible basketball players. Jamal and Eddy are losers, always have been always will be, I bet you that the hawks are worse off this yr than they were last because jamal will ruin the chemistry and take shots away from their developing players.

your an idiot if you think we dont know what we are talking about basketball wise, your the one in here defending jamal crawfords chuck fest to stardom after marbury went out, I hate marbury, but jamal is just as awful erratic no defense, over shooting, carrying, chemistry killing, turn over prone, bad shot taking...so on and so furth.

you want winning players, draft them and groom them to your system.

name one star who dominates the league today who didnt get drafted by their team

wade
lebron
amare
dirk
dwight
yao
peirce
granger
bosh
roy
melo
deron will
chris paul
kobe
duncan
parker
ginobli
d rose

it doesnt matter what jamal and curry have done to win us 32 games

its what these no grape crushers getting their feet wet under a top notch coach mixed in with few free agents will do to turn things around

judge IQ know your facts

you win in this league by drafting future stars

maybe a 3rd if not more of the above listed players were back up role players or decent 3rd options in their first 1-2 yrs of pro action.

I feel as if we are so beat down by the failures of past regimes that the idea that gallo, or hill, or chandler, would very well be our future super star. it is possible, Dirk Nash Kobe Wade all these guys avg like 5-15 pns their first 2 yrs, then took off.

I believe we will take off just as well,.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
At this point, right at this moment, Curry is untradable. There is no potential value until he shows up in shape and able to run and contribute in D'Antoni's style of play. All indication is that Curry has been working out and losing weight. If reports are true then there will be a shot to trade him, but that will occur deep into the season. Then again, some how Walsh managed to trade Jerome James (I still don't know how he pulled that one off).

Hopefully money is a major factor for Curry. He's losing his house, got to get serious about playing ball again or he's finished. He should at least be a decent back up center for a contending team.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
well we all doubt will happen, but if eddy curry gets into decent shape there is no doubt in my mind that hes better than darko milicic. the prob is the retard neva gets into shape. i really want to see how hard he and milicic work this offseason. they both ahve a chip on their shoulder, eddy curry went from promising center to fatass chump, while milicic went from fan favorite to kwame brown status. they both should come out with something to prove, cuz a curry-milicic combo wud be pretty hot if they both were in shape and gave 100% commitment to the team. but as we all kno thats a huge ass IF.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
name one star who dominates the league today who didnt get drafted by their team

wade
lebron
amare
dirk
dwight
yao
peirce
granger
bosh
roy
melo
deron will
chris paul
kobe
duncan
parker
ginobli
d rose

lol i can name three, dirk, roy and kobe (yea i know they were traded to their respective teams on draft day but stilll lol)

jimkcchief88

All Star
dude r u serious, the only reason guys who have put in work are considered losers is because they had more time to prove that they are terrible basketball players. Jamal and Eddy are losers, always have been always will be, I bet you that the hawks are worse off this yr than they were last because jamal will ruin the chemistry and take shots away from their developing players.

your an idiot if you think we dont know what we are talking about basketball wise, your the one in here defending jamal crawfords chuck fest to stardom after marbury went out, I hate marbury, but jamal is just as awful erratic no defense, over shooting, carrying, chemistry killing, turn over prone, bad shot taking...so on and so furth.

you want winning players, draft them and groom them to your system.

wade
lebron
amare
dirk
dwight
yao
peirce
granger
bosh
roy
melo
deron will
chris paul
kobe
duncan
parker
ginobli
d rose

it doesnt matter what jamal and curry have done to win us 32 games

its what these no grape crushers getting their feet wet under a top notch coach mixed in with few free agents will do to turn things around

judge IQ know your facts

you win in this league by drafting future stars

maybe a 3rd if not more of the above listed players were back up role players or decent 3rd options in their first 1-2 yrs of pro action.

I feel as if we are so beat down by the failures of past regimes that the idea that gallo, or hill, or chandler, would very well be our future super star. it is possible, Dirk Nash Kobe Wade all these guys avg like 5-15 pns their first 2 yrs, then took off.

I believe we will take off just as well,.

KEVIN GARNETT and SHAQ. That's two. I do know my facts. I know wasting first round picks Danillo Gallinari will get you no where. You can't build through the draft when you don't know how to draft and your coach drafts his godson. If we nabbed Augustine last year like we were supposed to, we wouldn't be worried about a PG this year.

portega1968

El Cacique
fuuuck shaq... we'll only see him 3 times this year... this team is being built for running and for competing in 2010, so Im not worried about his oneyear stint in Cleveland.

mark my words... eddy curry will be a houston rocket sooon

we'll have bosh and lebron in 2010 to climb over howard

jimkcchief88

All Star
At this point, right at this moment, Curry is untradable. There is no potential value until he shows up in shape and able to run and contribute in D'Antoni's style of play. All indication is that Curry has been working out and losing weight. If reports are true then there will be a shot to trade him, but that will occur deep into the season. Then again, some how Walsh managed to trade Jerome James (I still don't know how he pulled that one off).

Hopefully money is a major factor for Curry. He's losing his house, got to get serious about playing ball again or he's finished. He should at least be a decent back up center for a contending team.

The Don as always the voice of reason. This is what these idiots forget. Like Eddy or not, he has no or nominal trade value right now. All Knick fans should be rooting for Eddy to make a comeback this year to up his trade value. But no, its more fun to dream about Rubio.... I Really miss the old KO.COM where you could discuss hoops calmly and intelligently without the meaningless stats and stupid slams..... Elite posters don't need rep points or to rip on other people.... Its about respect for others opinions and for our sqaud.

TunerAddict

Starter
The Don as always the voice of reason. This is what these idiots forget. Like Eddy or not, he has no or nominal trade value right now. All Knick fans should be rooting for Eddy to make a comeback this year to up his trade value. But no, its more fun to dream about Rubio.... I Really miss the old KO.COM where you could discuss hoops calmly and intelligently without the meaningless stats and stupid slams..... Elite posters don't need rep points or to rip on other people.... Its about respect for others opinions and for our sqaud.

You're contradicting yourself here. You're calling for respect of other opinion and blasting name calling, yet at the same time you're blasting people for having opinions different to yours and calling them idiots!

Clean out your closet before you try to cleaning out others'.

Coastyn

Rookie
Call Donnie Walsh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trade Jeffries for Ridnour

Trade Curry, nate, and harrington for T-Mac and Brent Barry

Sign Lee then sign Grant Hill for a year or anyone F or C for a year

barry/ridnour/duhon/douglas
hughes/tmac
chandler/gallo
lee/hill
darko

That makes only hill, douglas, gallo, chandler, and lee signed for 2010

WHICH Would Leave close to 30 million left for free agent signing

If all goes well dor Darko, he could sign back for less money and have the number one and number two pick of the draft play together when lebron strolls into NYC......BUT I KNOW DARKO IS A LONG SHOT TO EVER BE GOOD SO HE PROBABLY WONT BE HERE

I say these trades should happen because gortat seems to be going to dallas with cuban offering him a contract with the magic needing to match it which leaves the rockets with holes at the Center and SG position for most of the season and Artest also seems to be out the door.

I SAY DONNIE WALSH NEEDS TO WORK WITH THIS AND HAVE TMAC JUST FALL INTO A TRADE FOR THIS SEASON

Can possibly the worst thing ive ever heard in my life

sorry if it sounds dumb but it gives us PGs, allows us to have TMAC play his best during a contract year, and gets us even more under the cap

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The threads are funny. Some of you guys make it sound so easy to trade players that you don't want here. The thing to keep in mind is that no one wants players that we don't want. No one is banging down the door to get Jeffries or Curry with two years remaining on their contracts.

I like the idea of getting Luke Ridnior. Knicks could have pulled this off when Isiah and Marbury were still here.

I'm sure I'll get bashed for this comment but there's no reason that a well conditioned Curry can't get to the level he once was on. I'm talking 18 pts 7 boards per game. I know it' not popular to post like this but why couldn't he do what he once did if he drops 40 lbs? Walsh should push curry to play in Vegas.

mafra

Legend
The threads are funny. Some of you guys make it sound so easy to trade players that you don't want here. The thing to keep in mind is that no one wants players that we don't want. No one is banging down the door to get Jeffries or Curry with two years remaining on their contracts.

I like the idea of getting Luke Ridnior. Knicks could have pulled this off when Isiah and Marbury were still here.

I'm sure I'll get bashed for this comment but there's no reason that a well conditioned Curry can't get to the level he once was on. I'm talking 18 pts 7 boards per game. I know it' not popular to post like this but why couldn't he do what he once did if he drops 40 lbs? Walsh should push curry to play in Vegas.

Curry is young enough to hope for the best; he certainly broke enough to think he's going to try his hardest. We'll see. One thing a well-conditioned Curry can do is score in the paint. ANY NBA team could use that asset, especially from a beefy 7-footer.

We have to hope he can do so. It would give the KNicks the flexibility to both run and play the halfcourt game.

You would have Darko and Curry, two completely different centers, who would compliment each other.

If we keep Lee.... YOu could use Lee, HIll or Darko as PF, to play with Curry. SO, the knicks could go big. Harrington or Danilo at the SF, with Chandler at SG. That gives them length.

I'm pulling for Curry. BUT, I thought he would get in shape last year. SO, I'm not expecting much.

portega1968

El Cacique
I honestly doubt he'll get in shape

unless Donnie ships him out, you wont see his fatazz until he arrives at 300 lbs in training camp

jimkcchief88

All Star
You're contradicting yourself here. You're calling for respect of other opinion and blasting name calling, yet at the same time you're blasting people for having opinions different to yours and calling them idiots!

Clean out your closet before you try to cleaning out others'.

You get my point. Posters shouldn't feel intimidated into not posting unpopular opinions because they are afraid to get slammed. For instance that Steph isn't the best PG in the world, Danillo isn't the best pick since MJ, and that Ricky Rubio isn't the second coming. You should be able to post that you hope Eddy Curry has a good season this year. Even if you want Eddy traded, he needs to have a good season.

jimkcchief88

All Star
So now the Celtics just picked up 'Sheed, and the Blazers are all over D. Lee. So now our frontline looks to be Danillo, Darko, Chris Wilcox, and the rookie. Are you still rooting against E-City to come back and contribute???