Is Eddy McFlurry Really That Big of a Gamble?

Will Walsh be able to move Curry to free up space for 2010?

• Yes

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • NO

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
When i made up those trades with the kings and rockets, I was using the rumors that have been heard all over.

When making the bucks trade, I pulled it out of nowhere

I'm just doing what everyone else does on here, but I actually used the rumors being passed around.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Curry's Shape? Danilo's Rehab?

It seems strange to me that we do not know more about Curry's conditioning or Gallo's rehab progress.

If Curry has really lost 30 or 40 pounds, it would show. He is not a hermit. Someone has to see him from time to time. How does he look? Why does he not twitter his loss of weight on a daily basis? Or how much his bench press,pull up numbers, or time/times up and down the court have improved. Apparently a few weeks ago Walsh dropped in on him and he reported being impressed. Is that the last time someone from the Knicks' management took a look?

Same with Gallo. Is he working out? Is he in New York or Milan? Is he getting stronger? Are there any lingering back problems?

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'd actually prefer to see a productive Curry stick around and help make this team relevant again. It's so hard to get a decent big man with low post offense. Obviously if there is no change from last year to next I'm all for shippinig him out but a healthy productive Curry would benefit us more.

I say get someone on the coaching staff that can get Curry to play like he's capable of.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I'd actually prefer to see a productive Curry stick around and help make this team relevant again. It's so hard to get a decent big man with low post offense. Obviously if there is no change from last year to next I'm all for shippinig him out but a healthy productive Curry would benefit us more.

I say get someone on the coaching staff that can get Curry to play like he's capable of.

Like Patrick Ewing??? Oh wait I forgot, he is coaching Superman down in Orlando.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You get my point. Posters shouldn't feel intimidated into not posting unpopular opinions because they are afraid to get slammed. For instance that Steph isn't the best PG in the world, Danillo isn't the best pick since MJ, and that Ricky Rubio isn't the second coming. You should be able to post that you hope Eddy Curry has a good season this year. Even if you want Eddy traded, he needs to have a good season.

I agree. It takes testicular fortitude to post some shit that isn't popular up here so I'm going to follow your lead with perhaps the most bold statement you will read here in months...

I'd rather have a productive Curry (18 and 7) wit ha good coaching staff to help him develop then have D'Antoni as our coach. Give me Herb or give me Thibodeau. There's no emphasis on defense in this system. Ultimately there will be an ugly divorce. It's the NY way.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
I agree. It takes testicular fortitude to post some shit that isn't popular up here so I'm going to follow your lead with perhaps the most bold statement you will read here in months...

I'd rather have a productive Curry (18 and 7) wit ha good coaching staff to help him develop then have D'Antoni as our coach. Give me Herb or give me Thibodeau. There's no emphasis on defense in this system. Ultimately there will be an ugly divorce. It's the NY way.

I am not going to attack D'antoni just yet, even though he set us back at least two years by drafting his nephew last year. The guys did play hard for him and having Steph around was a disaster. My first choice would have been Avery Johnson or giving Mark Jackson a shot; both would have emphisised more defense. Remember that "Defense" in the Garden back in the day that would just chills up your spine as the boys locked down the opposition and turned them over??? Those days are long gone and while I don't think we can win with D'antoni's 7 seconds offense, it is entertaining basketball to watch, so I will give Mr Pringle another year before calling for his head.

CoolClyde

Curry > No-D'Antoni?

:agreed:
wow, that's some testicular 'tude.
D'Antoni fans ain't gonna agree with you, but I do.
A productive Curry and a defensive-minded coach >>> No-D'Antoni
:gony:

CoolClyde

Curry Sauce

PS:
curry.jpg

dpryde

Benchwarmer
supposedly hes lost near 50 pounds? if so id realy like him playin the summer league. we could really make eddy mcflurry less of a gamble if he looks good. a couple teams would bite on a talented center.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Diesel as in kevin nash?

He better, and he better be traded.

It may happen. I just read this.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...morey_rockets_will_probably_trade_for_center/

Daryl Morey said the Rockets are likely to acquire a replacement for the injured Yao Ming via trade.
"I think we're probably going to have to trade for a center," Morey said after watching his summer league team in Las Vegas. "That will probably be the plan at this point. There are a few free agents that might be later fill-ins, but I think most likely we'll address some of our needs through trades."
Morey said the team is not yet ready to make an announcement on Yao Ming's injury status.
"We're going to make a joint release with Yao's advisors when we decide on a course of treatment," Morey said. "Before that we're going to stay quiet on it because we don't really know until that decision is made what will happen."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60507/20090711/dolan_wants_update_on_curry/

Alan Hahn reports that the Knicks' owner is interested in hearing about Eddy Curry's progress.
"The Knicks brass -- I'm hearing even the owner, James Dolan, too -- wants to be updated on Curry's progress in his offseason diet and fitness program," Hahn writes.
Curry will be in Las Vegas this week to workout with the Knicks' summer league squad.
The center, who missed almost all of last season, has reportedly shed weight and improved conditioning in recent months.
Hahn wonders if the Rockets' front office may want to have a look at Curry while in Vegas, though he doubts the Knicks will invite other teams to the private workouts.

damn I hope it goes thru