is there any way Knicks could get Pau Gasoft?

smokes

Huge Member
Just watch the Lakers frontcourt getting abused by the Nuggets bench...

Gasol is a 7 foot David Lee. End of story.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Just watch the Lakers frontcourt getting abused by the Nuggets bench...

Gasol is a 7 foot David Lee. End of story.

End of story is Gasol gets the game high in rebounds: 14, including 6 offensive, three of which came at the end and helped end the Nuggets' chances. Plus, two key freethrows to help Kobe set up the win.

The chicken nuggets tried to use their halfcourt traps to stop Pau and Kobe, but, in the end, they ran out of gas and got exposed.

Lakers in 4.

chicken%20nuggets.jpg

quiggle

Starter
you can lock this thread now, it's gotten off-topic . wasn't aware there were some Gasoft groupies here lol. If Pat Ewing scored 13 points he'd be crucified.

LeFlume

All Star
Gasol is soft. That is well known in The NBA. He doesn't use his body and power his way thru the paint. Not his fault, No Euro players plays like that. They rely more on their skill set than power.

smokes

Huge Member
End of story is Gasol gets the game high in rebounds: 14, including 6 offensive, three of which came at the end and helped end the Nuggets' chances. Plus, two key freethrows to help Kobe set up the win.

The chicken nuggets tried to use their halfcourt traps to stop Pau and Kobe, but, in the end, they ran out of gas and got exposed.

Lakers in 4.

chicken%20nuggets.jpg

Yeah but did you actually see those rebounds or are you just reading the stats sheet now? One of them fell literally into his lap not like it was some godlike play lol.

Anyway the only reason the Lakers won is due to experience, home court etc, they played a clinical last minute of ball and got some favourable foul calls, not happening in Denver that's for sure.

metrocard

Legend
are u serious?? none of those dudes are over 6'9 and are a good individual defenders besides artest and battier who didnt guard gasol...da front line is nothign to be scared of, can drive on dat team without any fear

what does height have to do with toughness?
Shawn Bradley?
Motha****ing every other 7 foot stiff in the NBA?

Most of the toughest guys in basketball are undersized; Brand, Blair, Evans, Artest, Landry, the whole rockets frontline.

You're really clueless here man.

Gasol once again dominated another frontline tonight.

This time, it was a bigger frontline, Nene 6"11, Anderson, 6"10, Martin 6"9

Lakers 2nd chance points won the game.

To the all ignorant ass fools who continue to say Gasol is "soft" will be proven wrong again and again.

You're all SOFT so fall back on calling pro athletes soft, deadass.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud

Lakers in 4.

chicken%20nuggets.jpg

lakers in 4? lol u were making great points until u predicted that. give the nuggets some love, they can ball this is going to be a 6 or 7 game series.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
what does height have to do with toughness?
Shawn Bradley?
Motha****ing every other 7 foot stiff in the NBA?

Most of the toughest guys in basketball are undersized; Brand, Blair, Evans, Artest, Landry, the whole rockets frontline.

You're really clueless here man.

Gasol once again dominated another frontline tonight.

This time, it was a bigger frontline, Nene 6"11, Anderson, 6"10, Martin 6"9

Lakers 2nd chance points won the game.

To the all ignorant ass fools who continue to say Gasol is "soft" will be proven wrong again and again.

You're all SOFT so fall back on calling pro athletes soft, deadass.

u obviously never played basketball b4, who cares if they are tough individual, that shyt dont mean shyt, u being tough isnt gonna stop a player from driving, a 7'6 player would definately would, theres nobody to fear in da frontline if yao is sitting and what game were u watching... the reason lakers won was because denver's FT shooting and that bail out call they did for kobe wit a minute left, that shyt wasnt a foul..denver was clearly the better team last night

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
In response to a few of the posters.

First of all, I'm a Gasol fan, from way back. I have a right to defend my favorite player from the attacks of liars that simply repeat catch-phrases or whatever they hear second hand, without actually having an intellectual approach to the game. This is especially so, when people on here are sucking off Lebron, left and right. And, by the way, instead of just jumping on a bandwagon, I actually followed my favorite player through obscurity, whilst he was on the Griz, a team that's never been good before or since Gasol.

Memphis, when they had Miller, Battier, Bobby Jackson, Stromille Swift, etc., led by Gasol, were winning 50 games in the best of the two conferences. LA was a crap team, going about .500, until Pau got there, after which they began playing .800 ball. Kobe has said that he hasn't had a guy like Pau to play with, since Shaq was in LA. You're either stupid, blind or both, not to see how great of an impact Gasol has on the teams he plays for. He was making the Griz, the Griz, win 50 games!!!! His main support was Battier and Miller.

Imagine if we had traded for him and used him next to way better players, than the guys Gasol played with in Memphis, players like Marbury, Zach and Crawford. We would have been a force, winning over 50 games and making noise in the playoffs.

This is why the David Lee comparison is BS. David Lee hasn't helped us get to the next level. Unlike Gasol, he has no post game to speak of, he can't shoot from outside. He also has no defense and, in fact, doesn't even try to defend in the post and routinely moves out of the way of penetrating players. Pau is a top player in scoring, rebounding, blocks, and, for his position, assists. He's third in offensive rebounds.

As for Pau being known as Gasoft in the NBA, BS. That was coined by Jemele Hill, a female ESPN analyst, who is known for saying retarded sh!t, just to get recognition. In fact, most NBA players talk about Pau's aggressiveness. And, on most nationally televised Laker games, including in a dramatic regular season win against Boston, where he blocked Ray Allen and then got the dunk on the other end for the win, Gasol has shown heart. He was probably the most efficient scorer in the all-star game.

You people lack so much brain power that I guarantee, if the Gasoft name hadn't been made up for you to shove into your intestines, you wouldn't be calling him soft. Why? Because you're all bottom-feeders, who digest the digestive waste of these so-called analysts. And you're an embarrassment to independent basketball thought and analysis, as well as to this forum.

Last night, Pau caught three key offensive rebounds, towards the end, to help LA put away the Nuggets, positioning and effort got him those, through what's called boxing out, stupid. He had 13 points because he only received 9 touches and is known for attempting few shots and being unselfish. Ewing would have gotten 13, if he had been played in such a way and if he had had someone to defer to, on tough nights.

Most of his lack of touches was due to the trapping, fronting and physicality of the Nuggets. They weren't really playing better, they were strategizing better, to make up for their lack of talent superior to that of the Lakers.

They should have won, however they got tired and started huffing and puffing. The problem with Denver is that their players ran out of gas, because trapping requires lots of energy and concentration, especially if you're going to run halfcourt traps for 48 minutes. I know this, as a coach and former player. Phil Jackson, I'm sure, will adjust to the halfcourt trap, for game 2. Expect a blowout, on Thursday.

Last edited:

LeFlume

All Star
KG have sex dreams about Pau. After all, he was banging him in every game in the last years final. He must miss him. His punk ass biatch.

metrocard

Legend
u obviously never played basketball b4, who cares if they are tough individual, that shyt dont mean shyt, u being tough isnt gonna stop a player from driving, a 7'6 player would definately would, theres nobody to fear in da frontline if yao is sitting and what game were u watching... the reason lakers won was because denver's FT shooting and that bail out call they did for kobe wit a minute left, that shyt wasnt a foul..denver was clearly the better team last night

Yes I have.
It does.
You said their frontcourt wasn't tough.
I proved you wrong.
You have nothing to prove back.
So be a man.

Lakers one with rebounding and 2nd chance points.
Try again, buddy.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
In response to a few of the posters.

First of all, I'm a Gasol fan, from way back. I have a right to defend my favorite player from the attacks of liars that simply repeat catch-phrases or whatever they hear second hand, without actually having an intellectual approach to the game. This is especially so, when people on here are sucking off Lebron, left and right. And, by the way, instead of just jumping on a bandwagon, I actually followed my favorite player through obscurity, whilst he was on the Griz, a team that's never been good before or since Gasol.

Memphis, when they had Miller, Battier, Bobby Jackson, Stromille Swift, etc., led by Gasol, were winning 50 games in the best of the two conferences. LA was a crap team, going about .500, until Pau got there, after which they began playing .800 ball. Kobe has said that he hasn't had a guy like Pau to play with, since Shaq was in LA. You're either stupid, blind or both, not to see how great of an impact Gasol has on the teams he plays for. He was making the Griz, the Griz, win 50 games!!!! His main support was Battier and Miller.

Imagine if we had traded for him and used him next to way better players, than the guys Gasol played with in Memphis, players like Marbury, Zach and Crawford. We would have been a force, winning over 50 games and making noise in the playoffs.

This is why the David Lee comparison is BS. David Lee hasn't helped us get to the next level. Unlike Gasol, he has no post game to speak of, he can't shoot from outside. He also has no defense and, in fact, doesn't even try to defend in the post and routinely moves out of the way of penetrating players. Pau is a top player in scoring, rebounding, blocks, and, for his position, assists. He's third in offensive rebounds.

As for Pau being known as Gasoft in the NBA, BS. That was coined by Jemele Hill, a female ESPN analyst, who is known for saying retarded sh!t, just to get recognition. In fact, most NBA players talk about Pau's aggressiveness. And, on most nationally televised Laker games, including in a dramatic regular season win against Boston, where he blocked Ray Allen and then got the dunk on the other end for the win, Gasol has shown heart. He was probably the most efficient scorer in the all-star game.

You people lack so much brain power that I guarantee, if the Gasoft name hadn't been made up for you to shove into your intestines, you wouldn't be calling him soft. Why? Because you're all bottom-feeders, who digest the digestive waste of these so-called analysts. And you're an embarrassment to independent basketball thought and analysis, as well as to this forum.

Last night, Pau caught three key offensive rebounds, towards the end, to help LA put away the Nuggets, positioning and effort got him those, through what's called boxing out, stupid. He had 13 points because he only received 9 touches and is known for attempting few shots and being unselfish. Ewing would have gotten 13, if he had been played in such a way and if he had had someone to defer to, on tough nights.

Most of his lack of touches was due to the trapping, fronting and physicality of the Nuggets. They weren't really playing better, they were strategizing better, to make up for their lack of talent superior to that of the Lakers.

They should have won, however they got tired and started huffing and puffing. The problem with Denver is that their players ran out of gas, because trapping requires lots of energy and concentration, especially if you're going to run halfcourt traps for 48 minutes. I know this, as a coach and former player. Phil Jackson, I'm sure, will adjust to the halfcourt trap, for game 2. Expect a blowout, on Thursday.

well i never thought gasol was soft, i respect his game, but im still wondering how u think the lakers are going to win in 4?? did u not see how close the game was yesterday? the nuggets are not afraid, they believe they can win. and i can guarenteeu the nuggets will win at least one on their homecourt

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
well i never thought gasol was soft, i respect his game, but im still wondering how u think the lakers are going to win in 4?? did u not see how close the game was yesterday? the nuggets are not afraid, they believe they can win. and i can guarenteeu the nuggets will win at least one on their homecourt

The comment was for people hating on Pau. And I think their only chance was game one. They've shown their cards, even though the analysts didn't pick up on them. I bet you Phil will. The Nuggets are running a trap, for whoever brings the ball up for the Lakers, in an attempt to shut down passing to the interior and swarm Kobe and Pau.

All Phil has to do is have two guys on the opposite sides, up top, to allow passing out of the trap and keep Denver honest. I'm sure Phil will do that, which will allow LA to execute their offense all over the Nuggets. Maybe the Nuggets win one. That's all, though. Oh, and to the Lebronsexuals, congrats on tonight.

Red

TYPE-A
and if it wasn't for his offensive liability he would be a 7ft David Lee.Don't get me wrong, he is a very talented player but I would never build a team around a player like him

</p>
Wait you just compared Gasol to David Lee....? SMH!!!! Do us a favor and SMACK yourself. The whole "I would never build around a player like him..." demands you pimp-slap yourself with the back-hand! Anyhoooo I don't quite understand this thread. Are we really thinking how we can acquire Gasol? Or a player like Gasol? One, no there is no way short of a miracle. Two not too many players out there with his skill set especially in the draft at the 8th pick sooo.... NO.

quiggle

Starter
Gasol's game reminded me of D'Antoni's system, good offense and, as Clyde says, swiss cheese el matador defence so he seems like someone who would fit in nice here and wanted to know if its feasible for the Knicks to trade for him. lakers don't win the title they will probably look to move him since his value is still good.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Gasol's game reminded me of D'Antoni's system, good offense and, as Clyde says, swiss cheese el matador defence so he seems like someone who would fit in nice here and wanted to know if its feasible for the Knicks to trade for him. lakers don't win the title they will probably look to move him since his value is still good.

Uhhhh... Clyde did not say that Gasol has swiss cheese defense (he says that about teams, and holes in their defense of the court, not individual players). And Pau's D is underrated. There's no way, in hell, that a team goes .800 after acquiring a player to play center, if he has contributed swiss cheese defense to their middle. Swiss cheese interior play would have made him a liability not an asset.

Furthermore, winning 20 games more, upon acquiring a player, means that team won't trade that player, in this case Gasol, for anything. Pau is also a guy that likes to play half-court basketball, on offense, not D'Antoni's style. Besides, what in the world would the Lakers accept in exchange for a guy that is one of the league's best, a two time all-star, and has had such an impact on their game, especially from what the Knicks can offer?

Red, I'm sure, is still shaking his head at that analytical incompetence of comparing Pau: rookie of the year, two time all star, etc., to Lee. This is a sports forum. Usually sports bloggers are more knowledgeable of the game than the guy at work, repeating nonsense from TV analysts to his friends, and most sports bloggers don't engage in the type of small-brained, cliche, bandwagon analysis that you guys engage in. Instead, they watch actual games.

Gasol is 4th in the league in offensive rebounds, averages 1.7 blocks per game, for his career. He's averaged 2 blocks per game in the playoffs. Eddy Curry averages .5 bpg, Lee averages .3 bpg. How in the world is he soft or comparable to these guys? Use logic, please.

As for the finals, look up the series stats. Kobe shot 40 percent, the laker point guards, Farmar, Fisher and Vujacic, combined for 3 assists per game and 3 turnovers. Pau averaged about 8 touches per game in the series, even though one of LA's key offensive formulas is to run the ball through the post. Phil Jackson made coaching mistakes and should have pulled his selfish, trigger happy point guards out. Pau was one of the only guys that played well, and he said that he could have done more, had he been given more touches. Contrary to popular belief, he didn't get abused inside. There's no evidence of that, if one watches the tape... it's all mind games: you repeat something enough and it becomes true.

Pau Gasoft's Lee-like defense, for the haters to watch (notice that all the games are ABC broadcasts, Pau doing it on national TV)...
<object width="425" height="344"><object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AElW7xpJCsg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F21EK7Y5Hr8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VyAU7I5UCfk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Last edited:

quiggle

Starter
Lakers lost by 3. How many free throws did Gasoft miss? He doesn't force his game onto his opponents, how many times have you seen him last night have good post position but instead of banging inside he turns around and faces up?

smokes

Huge Member
Gasol is a great player no doubt, I still don't think his defense is tremendous, he lacks consistency there and sometimes seems to take entire plays off on D.

Anyways, Nuggets got the home court now, and their bench THRIVE on playing at home. I'm predicting Nuggets in 7.