is there any way Knicks could get Pau Gasoft?

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Word: this is the biggest fail thread in the history of this site. Somebody should just shut it down.

You're just grasping at straws, Quiggle. First, according to you birdman, Kenyon Martin, Nene and Scola, and every other PF/C, was supposed to bust his a55: you even selectively chose pics out of 48 minutes of ball to try to prove your point. Anyone can do that, even with Kobe, Wade and Lebron.

Now that he's taken them all out, having outplayed them, in the bigger scheme of things, not your little snapshots, and is doing the same to Howard, you want to bring up something that had no effect on Courtney Lee blowing that potentionally game-winning layup: Gasol's hand glancing the rim.

In fact, Lee knew he blew it, which is why he didn't complain. Gasol's fingers got caught in the top of the net and his finger touched the inside of the rim, but it did not shake the backboard or rim, block the entrance or obstruct it, it was like a fly sitting on the rim. Lee hit the ball off of the backboard too hard, and the ball skimmed off the front edge of the rim: if he had placed the banker better, it would have went in. If he had had a real chance of making it, and the refs deemed Gasol as having interfered with the shot, they would have called a goal tend. Here's the video: Gasol intimidates Lee into forcing up an awkward shot, which went off the backboard at a bad angle and had no chance of going in. Also, if it had hit the backboard correctly, it would have gone in: Gasol's hand was on the inside of the rim, as a result of being caught up during forward momentum, not on purpose: ala DH12's through the rim block on Gasol in the first quarter.

<object width="560" height="340">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T3ari8OjYhA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></object>

dpryde

Benchwarmer
Gasol played great defense on Dwight...the strongest, biggest, most explosive best scoring center in the NBA.

Is he still soft?

This is one of the biggest fail threads of 2009.

agreed, and also superman gotta work on his post moves. sometimes hed just dribble in to traffic and let the ball get stripped or put up some odd looking contested hook.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
agreed, and also superman gotta work on his post moves. sometimes hed just dribble in to traffic and let the ball get stripped or put up some odd looking contested hook.

Dwight hasnt reached full potential yet. He needs more attack. Dwight did not get a single touch in the last 3:18 of overtime. instead, JJ redick chucks up crap. If he had hakeem like post savvy, then thatd be something.

Pau is averaging a double double in this series for sure and did a good job. But you have to remember bynums doing most of the covering on dwight.

Still, i think quiggle lost.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
Dwight hasnt reached full potential yet. He needs more attack. Dwight did not get a single touch in the last 3:18 of overtime. instead, JJ redick chucks up crap. If he had hakeem like post savvy, then thatd be something.

Pau is averaging a double double in this series for sure and did a good job. But you have to remember bynums doing most of the covering on dwight.

Still, i think quiggle lost.

think? lol we all know he did, this thread just blew up in his face.

on a side note if kwame brown wasnt such a useless piece of shit i really wud want to feel bad for him. he gets drafted by the best player to ever grace the game and busts. then hes in a deal known as one of the biggest steals of all time with the wizards getting caron butler, while the lakers get kwame brown. seeing butler become an all-star while he kept sucking more and more musta sucked. then he plays so terrible that hes booed constantly in L.A. and then hes part of the deal that was an even bigger steal, the lakers getting gasol. seeing gasol get them this far musta sucked even more for kwame lol. then he goes to the pistons, a team with a deep tradition for winning, and they get swept in the first round. theres NO DOUBT in my mind that he was the WORST first overall selection ever made. EVER lol

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
great point. i love him as a broadcaster, but this guy is a NBA coaching god. we all remember how bad the vancouver grizzlies were, and there first few years in memphis didnt fare much better. next thing you know he molds a team with an identity, each player playiing his role in tune, and creates a 50 win team. heck he turned jason williams from an uncontrollable talent to a stable steady point guard with a good shot. if he could turn jason williams into a good player imagine what he could do with some of the great PG prospects we have in this draft. just mooth drooling what someone like hubie brown could do for rubio, jennings, holiday, lawson, etc.
Hubie Brown is the man about basketball. His wealth of knowledge is unsurpassed. I'm not another Mike D hater, I like Mike D. But I'd prefer Brown.

He's been called one of the most inspirational basketball mentors for young teams (Much the same as the Knicks.) ever.

I remember a game way back when Battier was in his first year at Mmphis under Brown playing at home against the Jazz I think it was?...

Some dude (home fan) was abusing the fck out of Battier for being over-hyped & under capable and Hubie Brown called a time out and walked dead in front of the heckler and told him just how good Battier was and asked:

why did you come here to boo a young kid who plays as hard as Battier does. Just shut up or leave

He's an awesome dude and an NBA thesaurus.

WTF ever happened to Hubie Brown?

I got no idea.

KingCharles34

All Star
Gasol has proved everyone wrong, anyone that still thinks hes soft is ignorant

lebrick lost.

mysmilie_409.gif

clumsy

Rotation player
I disagree that Howard is the best scoring Center in the NBA. I think Gasol (i don't know if you want to call him a C) and Yao have more complete offensive games after watching them more.