Isiah & Marbury or LB & "his system"

metrocard

Legend
Homer, the anti Isiah core consisted of me you Starks, Allen, protect your picks, and a few others.

The Isiahsexuals consited of don chris, doc, The One and Only, jimcheif, and many others.

I always knew I would end up being right and these fools were debating out of pride not facts.

Jimcheif, Isiah is a bum and has done nothing for this franchise. Atleast Marbury took us to the playoffs.

jimkcchief88

All Star
When people talk about how the game has changed, I think about the movie "HOOSIERS." Specifically when the team from Hickory was all freaked out playin the big city team in the big city gym. So Gene Hackman has the kids start measuring out the dimensions of the court... My point is the game has not changed a whole heck of a lot. The league does not allow the bruiser defense the 90's Knicks were famous for, but other than that the game is the same. LB won a championship 2 years ago and he's a dinosaur??? When was Isiah's last championship??? I know LB has a big ego, but at least he can coach. He has won on all levels of hoops. What's Isiah's coaching resume????? :?

METROTARD??????

jimkcchief88

All Star
Your command of calender years is commendable. Riles wins a championship after almost TWO decades, but LB forgot how to coach in TWO years. Right. Of course LB signed in spite the talent. He was paid well and the Knicks was his "dream job." He thought he would have more than ONE YEAR to turn things around. All the players you listed above are role players at best right now or not even in the league anymore. So LB took a one undersized superstar and a list of role players all the way and you aren't impressed with that???? Oh wait, its only because the East was weak that year. Dude, get real. You may not personally like LB, but give the man some credit, he can coach. Anyone who says he can't hasn't watched hoops for the last THREE DECADES!!!!!

METROTARD???

jimkcchief88

All Star
I live in Chicago so I've had a chance to see a long rebuilding project first hand. The post Jordan era Bulls were the biggest joke in the NBA for 4-5 years. Jerry Krause prematurely broke up the dynasty and the came out and said "organizations win championships." After 2-3 years of his lunacy the Bulls finally got rid of him. Reinsdorf has to considered owner of the decade for spotting Pax and Kenny Williams. Winning has to come from the top. Isiah has to go point blank. Great players don't always make great coaches or execs(see Jordan). Hopefully Dolan will keep his word and send Isiah packing. Protect ur Picks Isiah is absolutely right in saying you can't rebuild without young talent and draft picks. True Layden was a terrible GM, but Isiah has made it worse by adding a terrible mix of players that are overpaid to boot. LB had the right idea by wanting to dump half the roster. At this point you have to. The Knicks need a new GM and a experienced coach who can take the heat of losing for 2-3 years. Pax slowly got rid of highpriced vets and drafted good young players with a plan in mind and hired a no-nonsense coach( Skiles, another former pg) who didn't take crap from young players. He filled positions and needs instead of just grabbing availible talent. He managed the cap why everyone screamed just grab anybody, waited patiently, then grabbed Big Ben. If anything Isiah sabotoged LB with a terrible roster, got in Dolan's ear to let LB go. Isiah gets what he deserves getting to coach this squad.

METROTARD?????

jimkcchief88

All Star
Homer, the anti Isiah core consisted of me you Starks, Allen, protect your picks, and a few others.

The Isiahsexuals consited of don chris, doc, The One and Only, jimcheif, and many others.

I always knew I would end up being right and these fools were debating out of pride not facts.

Jimcheif, Isiah is a bum and has done nothing for this franchise. Atleast Marbury took us to the playoffs.

So this thread pretty much proves what most of already knew: METROTARD CANNOT READ!!! This thread is from 06' and METROTARD STILL CAN'T READ!!! I may be from the "country" but at least I am LITERATE!!!! REVISIONIST HISTORY AT ITS FINEST!!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Metrotard, U Know You Were One The Leader Of "team Starbury," Which Makes You An "isiahsexual" By Default. Stop Trying To Front For The Newbies.... Anybody Who Has Been Posting Here Over A Year Knows You Are The Village Idiot!!!!

I can't believe so many people had faith in those 2. We ran brown out of town and let those 2 stay to sink the ship. I would have had no problem letting Brown be GM. We might have ended up a boring team but we would have been competitive.

I am happy with the team we have now and the direction we are heading under Donnie. I just hope Isiah doesn't come back and f**k it all up

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Wow.

On the plus side it shows us the charisma Isiah has being able to fool so many people into thinking he knew what the hell he was doing.

I too was fooled. I wasn't on this forum then, but I thought bringing in a former HOF as a GM who was willing to make big moves was going to help us out. It didn't.

I still don't blame Marbury COMPLETELY though. I get the feeling that had he could've been a decent player if we didn't have that clown Isiah coaching and/or bringing in talent such as Jared Jeffries/Jerome James/etc.

I still can't believe we picked Isiah over Larry Brown. I mean, Larry Brown brought the ****ing CLIPPERS to the playoffs in his two years there - how the hell did we pick that clown Isiah over him?

jimkcchief88

All Star
Wow.

On the plus side it shows us the charisma Isiah has being able to fool so many people into thinking he knew what the hell he was doing.

I too was fooled. I wasn't on this forum then, but I thought bringing in a former HOF as a GM who was willing to make big moves was going to help us out. It didn't.

I still don't blame Marbury COMPLETELY though. I get the feeling that had he could've been a decent player if we didn't have that clown Isiah coaching and/or bringing in talent such as Jared Jeffries/Jerome James/etc.

I still can't believe we picked Isiah over Larry Brown. I mean, Larry Brown brought the ****ing CLIPPERS to the playoffs in his two years there - how the hell did we pick that clown Isiah over him?

If you remember Steph came in about the same time LB came in and the two NEVER got along. You know LB is "old school" and Steph is uncoachable and unruly, which is why he is no longer in the league. Isiah used Steph to help get LB outta here so he could coach, then Steph turned on Isiah and the rest is history. This franchise has been flawed for a long time.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
If you remember Steph came in about the same time LB came in and the two NEVER got along. You know LB is "old school" and Steph is uncoachable and unruly, which is why he is no longer in the league. Isiah used Steph to help get LB outta here so he could coach, then Steph turned on Isiah and the rest is history. This franchise has been flawed for a long time.

I hate to say it but you're right. I still have mixed feelings about this whole thing. It's documented that I supported Thomas, Marbury and Curry at some point and I stand by that. Who really knew that Curry would completely give up.

Thomas was a bad GM. The only thing he did right was drafting and initially bringing in Marbury. It revitalized the Garden. But again, hindsight is 20/20. No one knew that Marbury would turn into an ass, Wilkens would be forced out, Brown would be fired and rip the team apart or Curry would give up. If you knew all of this was coming then you should start a psychic hotline.

Everyone is giving Walsh a lot of credit. While some of the credit is due, Walsh has done little to improve the Knicks. True, we have significantly cut salary to get beneath the cap and we have one star and 11 role players (Sounds like A.I.'s Sixers) but this is barely a playoff team. Knicks will be lucky to be an 8 seed.

Here's my point, if Walsh can't get the Knicks out of the 1st round of the playoffs how is he really any better than Thomas? Cutting salary was great. I give him complete credit for that but we didn't land LeBron or Wade and we really haven't gotten all that better then we were last year, at least projectively. If the Knicks can't make it to the playoffs and out of the first round the two year dream will be sort of a failure. But I would give him another year or two. If we don't become a playoff force in two years would we then call for Walsh's head as we have Thomas'?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I refuse to blame Marbury for why the team was losing.

The team kept losing, AFTER he left, so I think that shows it wasn't his fault.

And I don't even think Michael Jordan could have made it passed the first round of the playoffs with Quentin Richardson, Channing Frye, and Eddy Curry in the frontcourt.

The best frontcourt Marbury played with when he was on the Knicks was Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas, and Nazr Mohammad. And when he had those guys, the Knicks made the playoffs. The Knicks only got swept in the playoffs, because Allan Houston and Tim Thomas were both out with injuries, in that series.

You can't blame Marbury for Isiah Thomas' stupidity, Eddy Curry's battle with obesity, Channing Frye's softness, and Quentin Richardson's weight and attitude problems.

Quentin Richardson and Eddy Curry were in the frontcourt the ENTIRE TIME Marbury was with the team. Michael Jordan couldn't even have won with that kind of a lineup.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The team kept losing after Marbury left, but...they didn't lose any worse after he left, did they? Marbury was part of one of the squads that won 23 games.

But it still wasn't all his fault. We forced two of the game's greatest coaches of all time out of MSG...probably should've been a better way to do that.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow.

u notice I did'nt bother posting in this "THREAD" back in 2006,
b/c it was owner James Dolan/Stan personally hiring HOF coach Larry Brown
behind Isiah Thomas back in the 2005 offseason (same as Isiah now in 2010).
Marbury big mouth in the 2004-5 season "I am the best Guard in the NBA",
a statement that offended NBA guards/plus offended Knick teammates.
Knicks went on a 20 something losing streak after Marbury big mouth
statement in 2004-5, having owner Dolan/Stan fire HOF coach Lenny Wilkins
to lead to a conspiracy in the Detroit vs Spurs 2004-5 FINALS.
When New York newspapers headlines printed Detroit coach Larry Brown will be coaching the Knicks in the 2005-6 season during the FINALS.

Headcoach Larry Brown was a big mistake in the 2004 USA Olympic games (Bronze medal).
Larry Brown played a big-role in the 2004-5 Detroit Brawl, which was
Billups/Ben Wallace first game of the season.
Larry Brown had alot to do with GAY Isiah Thomas vs Annucha situation.
Larry Brown shouldve retired from Basketball after winning his first NBA
championship in 2003-4.
Larry Brown spent an entire season trying to get back into the good grace
of the 76ers which decline him at any position in the organization.
Larry Brown previous two seasons with the Bobcats set the organization back
another 5 seasons by trading their future first round draft picks for veteran
players that have no respect for Larry Brown attitude/personality.

In 2006 offseason it was to late to help the Knicks after Larry Brown took the
covers off of our so-call President Isiah, while Larry Brown destroyed/divided
players trust in their teammates by announcing players personal affairs daily
to the media.
Even mentioning Knick players short stay in college for their lack
of performance.
This was the season after Marbury Big Mouth statement.

During the Knicks 2005-6 season HOF coach Larry Brown made a mockery
of the Knicks organization to become the laughing-stock team in the NBA.
Larry Brown daily media circus of complaints of each Knick player/71 different
starting lineup changes/calling Knick players dellusional/forcing Dolan to trade
expiring contract Hardaway/Ariza/Dale Davis for long expensive contract
Frances/Jalen Rose. Coach Isiah and Jalen Rose did not get along on the
Pacers, so Isiah had Rose trade for Ron Artest/Brad Miller.

I bashed the shuuuut out of Isiah/Marbury/Penny/Tim Thomas/Crawful
in 2003-4, but they were ants compared to Dinosaur-Godzilla Larry Brown
destruction of the Knicks organization.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I hate to say it but you're right. I still have mixed feelings about this whole thing. It's documented that I supported Thomas, Marbury and Curry at some point and I stand by that. Who really knew that Curry would completely give up.

Thomas was a bad GM. The only thing he did right was drafting and initially bringing in Marbury. It revitalized the Garden. But again, hindsight is 20/20. No one knew that Marbury would turn into an ass, Wilkens would be forced out, Brown would be fired and rip the team apart or Curry would give up. If you knew all of this was coming then you should start a psychic hotline.

Everyone is giving Walsh a lot of credit. While some of the credit is due, Walsh has done little to improve the Knicks. True, we have significantly cut salary to get beneath the cap and we have one star and 11 role players (Sounds like A.I.'s Sixers) but this is barely a playoff team. Knicks will be lucky to be an 8 seed.

Here's my point, if Walsh can't get the Knicks out of the 1st round of the playoffs how is he really any better than Thomas? Cutting salary was great. I give him complete credit for that but we didn't land LeBron or Wade and we really haven't gotten all that better then we were last year, at least projectively. If the Knicks can't make it to the playoffs and out of the first round the two year dream will be sort of a failure. But I would give him another year or two. If we don't become a playoff force in two years would we then call for Walsh's head as we have Thomas'?

Some around here are already calling for Walsh/D'ant's head. Your evaluation of the team is dead on as lucky to make the 8th seed, consisting of one overpaid star, and a bunch of role players. I would like to think "Wil the thrill" is on the cusp of becoming great, but name another player D'ant has coached up and developed??? Besides Gallo(teachers pet), our young talent regresses under d'ant and then he benches and trades them. There is enough blame to go around for sure. Walsh gets kudos for fixing our cap mess, but he was supposed to bring LJ. That was an utter failure. We will get another shot next year. If Walsh wiffs again, he should be fired immediatly and so should d'ant. Fire Walsh, Fire D'ant, start over.( I forget who's motto that is around here but it gets more true everyday.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean, it's well documented that Larry Brown has a lot of problems with the organizations he's worked with. Courting other jobs while he still has a job, being an overall stubborn dick...he's not perfect.

But Larry Brown at least has something on his resume (ie NBA Champion).

Frankly we never should have fired Lenny Wilkens