J.R. Smith set to return ( Wednesday )

Forrest17

Rotation player
If Mr. Smith can behave and not be a weirdo I think he brings a lot to the table. I wonder who gets cut? Probably Balkman.

I say we trade Jordan for a passing back up PG and cut bibby. I think someone will give us a good guard for a 7 footer.

its not like we are playing him anyways. Plus I don't think he will be that great, he doesn't seem dedicated to defense or rebounding, hes too offensive minded and imo I don't care about centers who think about scoring first. If I have a center I want him playing defense all day. I'd rather play jefferies.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I say we trade Jordan for a passing back up PG and cut bibby. I think someone will give us a good guard for a 7 footer.

its not like we are playing him anyways. Plus I don't think he will be that great, he doesn't seem dedicated to defense or rebounding, hes too offensive minded and imo I don't care about centers who think about scoring first. If I have a center I want him playing defense all day. I'd rather play jefferies.
No idea how you can think this about Jordan with the amount of time he's gotten (and he seemed at least decent even if it was "garbage time").

smokes

Huge Member
No idea how you can think this about Jordan with the amount of time he's gotten (and he seemed at least decent even if it was "garbage time").

I agree we have a legit 7 footer learning under Tyson Chandler. In a year or two he will be an decent backup at least.

I feel like he's gonna end up with the Clips. I see him talking to Cp3 alot on twitter. And the two have been in contact alot recently it seems.

delat27

Rookie
to all you fake knickerbockers!!!!!

I just wanted to write here for all the haters, and fake new york knicks fans...that these knicks can make it all the way, we have all the ingridients to be a great team. all we were missing was a point guard and now we got one...and not any one we got a great point guard...
and all you guys that dont understand about b ball, lin and carmelo are goin to be great together.when i say great i mean the bomb!!!we have stat and chandler for pick and rolls...melo for one on ones and lin and fields for that outside...and got great players coming off the bench...
we could finish last and make it to the playoffs that doesnt matter a thing!!!a team that wants to win it all has to beat the best teams.
doesnt matter if u 66-0 during the season and then lose in the first round 4-3...only lost four games that season, but didnt get the ring!!!thats how things r...when u get to the playoffs is when it really counts.so this team still has 47 games to get to perfection.
and to those comentaters from tv on espn and nba tv that say the knicks wont finish above the 7 spot ill tell them and confirm to them the the knicks will be top 4 without a doubt!!!!!read my words!!!if no one gets hurt and they dont trade known of our main players...we will win it all or be close to that!!!mark my words!!!once a knicks fan always a knicks fan!!!!love knicks till i die even if they lost all the rest of there games!!!

petescud

Starter
Your right, and with Jorts, Baron and Melo healthy. We can beat the Heat and everyone else as well. If Melo can play with Lin till we get our rings, i think its a done deal. I think Bibby is the first cut

portega1968

El Cacique
I just wanted to write here for all the haters, and fake new york knicks fans...that these knicks can make it all the way, we have all the ingridients to be a great team. all we were missing was a point guard and now we got one...and not any one we got a great point guard...
and all you guys that dont understand about b ball, lin and carmelo are goin to be great together.when i say great i mean the bomb!!!we have stat and chandler for pick and rolls...melo for one on ones and lin and fields for that outside...and got great players coming off the bench...
we could finish last and make it to the playoffs that doesnt matter a thing!!!a team that wants to win it all has to beat the best teams.
doesnt matter if u 66-0 during the season and then lose in the first round 4-3...only lost four games that season, but didnt get the ring!!!thats how things r...when u get to the playoffs is when it really counts.so this team still has 47 games to get to perfection.
and to those comentaters from tv on espn and nba tv that say the knicks wont finish above the 7 spot ill tell them and confirm to them the the knicks will be top 4 without a doubt!!!!!read my words!!!if no one gets hurt and they dont trade known of our main players...we will win it all or be close to that!!!mark my words!!!once a knicks fan always a knicks fan!!!!love knicks till i die even if they lost all the rest of there games!!!

Please stay away from the coffee you non-fake Knick fan you

944-008.jpg

nyk_nyk

All Star

Thank you! Sometimes it just seems like people like to post stuff without actually thinking.

The limited time I've seen Jordan he's had alot of energy and rebounded and went after shots the way you'd want from your center.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
As Bill Simmons so poetically puts it, Balkman is the "chemist" of the team. He is the clown that gets no playing time, but raises the spirit of the team. Every team needs one (ex. Brian Scalabrine) and they are actually valuable. Plus he is a FA after the season.

I think Bill Walker and Douglas are the two that need to go. Douglas' value is low right now and he is never going to get any burn, so we should at least try to get a 2nd rounder out of him. Walker on the other hand may be able to get us a player of value preferably a crafty veteran. Maybe send Walker, Douglas and a 2nd rounder over to Bobcats for Diaw?

Potential HEALTHY Lineup:

C- Chandler
PF- STAT
SF- Melo
SG- J.R.
PG- Lin

Fields
Shumpert
Baron
Diaw
Jeffries
Jorts
Novak

Inactive: Bibby and Balkman

D-League: Jordan

M-boogie

Rookie
What's the latest? JR comes to the US tonight right?

I'll give a summary of what it say on espn insider rumors today. It says that the Lakers seem to be behind clippers and the Knicks, but there have been some reports that there have been talks with Orlando and they may have emerged as the leaders and Orlando can offer JR the most money. I find him signing with Orlando strange , because they already have Jason Richardson and J.J Redick, but i guess anything can happen.

smokes

Huge Member
We offer more money and at least 20 minutes/game if we move Fields/Shump at #3.

I think it's a hard decision. Fields and Shumpert both have great games quite often. But obviously as young players sometimes they are going to struggle and there is a higher chance of a slump.

However I'm sure they both have true starter potential in their future so is it better to get someone who may be able to contribute more immediately or better to continue to develop them and hope they can continue to perform well as the season wears on and the pressure increases?

Tough call.

On the plus side this is really the first time since I can remember when we have too many players on our roster worthy of playing time and on a scale that's one of the nicer problems to have!