J.R. Smith set to return ( Wednesday )

portega1968

El Cacique
He's in transit from China

Knicks need to cut a player or maybe make a move to open a roster spot

He needs the FIBA letter of clearance before signing

So, I think this will be not be final today

knicks still need to make room for baron davis.

we have to get rid of walker. he has terrible fg % and it seems whenever he is around something bad happens.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Looks like its a done deal. i really like this addition.

Lin
Fields
Melo
Amare
Chandler

bench

Shumpert/Davis/Bibby
Smith/Douglas
Novak
Jefferies
Jorts/Jordan

We have a big three, and now we have a deep team. Now its time to Officially evaluate mike Dantoni, now that he has a point guard to run the system, and a bench. We dantoni supporters knew what it was all along, and management did what it had to to get mike what his system needed.

lin/nash
shumpert/marion
melo/johnson
amare/amare
tyson/diaw

with smith, we have a better bench and a sniper in novak.
i smell a ring here.
shout out to everyone who supported mike all this time.
shout out to all the real BASKETBALL fans who play basketball and know that it takes talent and not just coaching to win games....eg we had larry brown ...i could go on, but it makes no sense

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
knicks still need to make room for baron davis.

we have to get rid of walker. he has terrible fg % and it seems whenever he is around something bad happens.
we have room for baron already though, we currently have a 15 man roaster

1.melo
2.stat
3.balkman
4.chandler
5.jorts
6.fields
7.douglas
8.jerome
9.walker
10.bibby
11.lin
12.Shump
13.jeffries
14.novak
15.Baron

we just need to cut one to make room for Smith if were going to sign him
bibby is the odd man out

LMAO, sad, but true, he's like a Cooler in Vegas.

Yeah. Sadly. I can see him pulling a Charles Smith in a HUGE playoff game in Miami.

Whether it is picking his own player (Chandler on KG in the first game of the season)

Bobbling important passes out of bounds (Last year in the playoffs)

Kobe bouncing the ball off the backboard and then tossing it to Gasol last Friday (Walker was covering)

Or Calderon hitting a miracle rainbow three (Walker also covering)

--He tries hard, but the basketball IQ isn't there.

Forrest17

Rotation player
For all those worried about the chemistry beign ruined if we sign him

I don't think it will be an issue. Because he will come off the bench, and as seen even in this winning streak, our second unit has ZERO CHEMISTRY. So there is no chemistry there for JR to ruin.

With him being able to back up Fields at the 2, we can have shump at the 1 more and play him in Lin's place.. And shump couldn't start PG, but I think he will be good enough to play it long enough to give Lin more time on the bench, which will make Lin more effective when he does play. While he still played great late in games its clear that those times he got a lot of minutes his legs were gone and he got careless with his passes.

I really think JR Smith will only benefit this team. We really have no one on this roster who can hit three's with consistency other than steve novak.. NO ONE, and with Melo back soon he will get less minutes. So while is there a chance he will be a head case? Yes, will he chuck shots? Probably.. But we need someone we can rely on to make something happen on the offense end off the bench, we absolutely NEED to, or else we have no shot in the playoffs.. Especially if Laundry decides to completely drop off in the playoffs again.. What will our guard situation be like then?

So imo, he is more than worth whatever little risk he comes with.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Uh, has anybody checked J.R. Smith's Twitter profile (http://twitter.com/therealjrsmith)? Because it sure seems like he's NOT coming to NY :boohoo:
no-no-o.gif

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Guys..he LANDED in LA lol, im not a geographer but LA is closer to China than New York is.
He will sign with the Knicks
Id say he likes MONEY and MELO
alittle more than K-Mart

Forrest17

Rotation player
Yeah every report in the last hour says that his agent is telling people he is signing with the knicks. I can't find anything about the him signing with the clippers going any farther than rumors.

jzero29

Rotation player
I can't say I know alot about him, if he signs with knicks, hope he doesn't throw the this new chemistry off. Fields has been playing well and with his old confidence, would hate to see him loss it.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Yeah every report in the last hour says that his agent is telling people he is signing with the knicks. I can't find anything about the him signing with the clippers going any farther than rumors.

There is nothing other than rumors, unless you want speculation. But there are like 4 other threads for that.