Jerry Stackhouse?!: This is just getting pathetic!

dre48ny

Rotation player
Why not Bruce Bowen? Show'em how to play "matador" defense.
He'll probably go back to San Antonio. Spurs make some smart moves. Traded him cause they knew the Bucks would cut his ass and now he becomes a free agent and will probably sign him for peanuts.

JayJ44

Starter
Look the coach is supposed to be your "locker room presence", I think that the whole notion of locker room presence is overrated! Before signing Miller did Portland have one?...No they were a group of very talented young playes who were made the playoffs.

Not to mention at what age or years in the league does a player earn that title, because Lee,Nate and Hughes (10 year vet,former All Star,NBA All defensive team, and NBA Finals particpent) should all fit that bill.

I agree teams need leadership, but, you dont just bring in players for that reason alone. They need to be productive and aside from Kidd none of these oldtimers fits that bill.

Also we had probably the best "locker room presence" in the league the past few years in Stephon Marbaury.....just kidding.....Malik Rose and our locker room was still full of turmoil and our record still sucked.

Bottom line, bring in players for talent....not to mention Jerry Stackhouse and Jamal Tinsley havent exactly been known to be great teamates.

The coach shouldn't have to police the locker room. It's the players jobs to police themselves. Portland has all high-character guys, even though they're young, there wasn't going to be any trouble in the locker room. But IMO, they could have used a veteran presence in the playoffs. They looked nervous.

It's not just how long you've been in the league, it's also your personality. Lee has only been in the league a couple years. Nate is the one that's causing trouble half the time (see: water fight with Z-Bo, constant bitching). Hughes might be able to fill that role a little, but he doesn't seem to have the right personality for that type of thing.

I dunno, Hill has played well for the Suns. Jason Williams could back up Duhon if we don't get Sessions, and was said to look great in his workout. We don't really have a true SG besides Hughes, so Stackhouse fits that mold assuming he can still play. The guys Donnie has talked to would also have a role on the team basketball wise.

No matter what presence you have in the locker room, if you have Isiah as your coach, there's going to be turmoil.

New New York

Quiet Storm
You have to look in a stack of hay to find the needle. Just because Kidd and Hill are a bit older, does not mean they are washed up. Grant Hill and Jason kidd both played 82 games last season. Hill averaged 12 pts and 4 rebs. Now you may ask whats so speacial about his numbers? well, he is a SG that shot over 50% in his last 3 seasons, he's an 80+% ft shooter...plays good defense, and has a high BBall IQ. I think it would be foolish to not give hill at least a look or a work out. Jason Kidd is an 8 time all star that can mentor tony douglas, kidd averaged 9 pts, 9 assists and 6 rebounds last season. again, completely foolish to not look into kidd if you need an upgrade at pg and a mentor. White Chocolate JWill is also anothe rplayer to at least give a look into. Even tho he retired last year for 'personal reasons' he had an injury riddled 2007-2008 season and still managed 11 pts and 6 azssists. He had a year off to work on his game, he didnt retire because of injury and walsh loved his workout. and hes only 32. once again, veteran leadership and a good player. Keep searching Donnie

Also, the players you are calling old and washed up are the same age as Kobe Bryant

I said old and washed up, not old/washed up. Difference being is I know age does not neccesarily signify being washed up, I think Nash is the same age as Hill and Kidd, and older than both Tinsley and J Williams, but is there any question if Nash could bring more to The Knicks than all of these players? No.

Here is why going after Hill is dumb (besides the age factor). You posted some ok stats for him, but failed to mention that he would now being playing in front of either Wilson or Danillo. As it is The Knicks are arleady going to have Wilson playing out of position if we start Danillo, adding Hill on compounds that problem, now plus that to the fact that his numbers are on a decline, then going after him makes very little sense, especially from a cap standpoint.

I will say it again and again, I really have a ton of respect for Donnie Walsh, I like the moves he has made thus far, but, auditioning players these players looks a little desperate.

Not to mention, why are we giving the likes of Stackhouse, and Tinsley shots, but are totally against the notion of adding A.I.?

New New York

Quiet Storm
I reiterate.

Kidd
Hill
Stackhouse
Sessions
Tinsley
Williams

Best players available

Donnie is doing his job by looking into these players, regardless of age, productivity, veteran leadership, blah blah blah. Tinsley is not a veteran leader, but Donnie has to entertain the thought because at a cheap price tag he will improve our pg position regardless of what any of you think, tinsley has posted more starting minutes and playoff minutes than any player on our team accept hughes.

Bottom line is these are the players we can get

WE were never going to get

andre miller, Turkoglu, or paul milsap.

So its not that Donnie is saying lets go for kidd hes a veteran

he was saying lets try and go for kidd or hill because damn it

they are the only players we can get for that might actually play here for cheap and help.

You guys are so short sighted in your frustration, you should be happy that Donnie is roaching out every last nook and cranny of the NBA to find immediate veteran talent for cheap to bolster our roster. You dont see the Raptors, or Bucks, Or Clippers, Or Thunder, or any other losing perennial lottery team courting cheap offensive talent or cheap veteran pg help...Except the knicks.

We are playing with house money on all that is left

look

The Best free agents left are ours for the picking

LEE
NATE
SESSIONS
TINSLEY
WILLIAMS
STACKHOUSE

no other teams are being mentioned except the clippers and sessions.

Donnie

your doing a fine smart patient veteran experienced job

thank you.

Lets start with the common ground here....I think we both share an equal respect for Donnie Walsh and his patience in rebuilding us, we all know a lack of patience by our previous GM is how we got to where we were/are.

But the interest in these players look to be moves for the sake of making a move. Look if there is no way to realistically upgrade our roster, cool, we all understand that Donnie inherited a big mess so his hands are indeed tied.

To me adding players like a Tinsley or Stackhouse, would make our team look like the team Larry Brown coached, a bunch of misfits and role players, only difference is the contracts will be expiring.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Not to mention, why are we giving the likes of Stackhouse, and Tinsley shots, but are totally against the notion of adding A.I.?

I think AI reminds Donnie a little too much of Steph and he definitely doesn't want to cross that media firestorm again.

The Knicks are very thin at SG right now. Even though Hughes and probably Chandler will be filling those spots, I don't think Dantoni is high on Hughes and would prefer to play Chandler at his natural position.

I don't have a problem with JS coming off the bench. Prior to last season (injuries) he was a valuable asset for DAL. Personally, I think he's good for at least 10 pts a night plus he gets to the FT line.

Lets start with the common ground here....I think we both share an equal respect for Donnie Walsh and his patience in rebuilding us, we all know a lack of patience by our previous GM is how we got to where we were/are.

But the interest in these players look to be moves for the sake of making a move. Look if there is no way to realistically upgrade our roster, cool, we all understand that Donnie inherited a big mess so his hands are indeed tied.

To me adding players like a Tinsley or Stackhouse, would make our team look like the team Larry Brown coached, a bunch of misfits and role players, only difference is the contracts will be expiring.

how r we making a move to make a move when we havent made a move all summer ? flawed statement.

misfits noooo

Duhon
hughes
Gallo
chandler
Lee

Role players yes but not misfits, they all fit their position.

To compare it to the team larry brown coached is unfair

MArbury with Francis With Crawford With Q rich With Curry
With Channing Frye, With Nate, With JAlen Rose, WIth Qyntel Woods, With maurice Taylor, With Malik Rose, With Jackie Butler, With Jerome James, With Ime Udoka, WIth malik Rose now that team is a freaking bunch of misplace misfits with no roles.

IDe take

Duhon
Hughes
chandler
Harrington
Lee
R1) Nate
R2) Gallo
R3) Hill
R4) Curry

Over

Marbury
Francis
Crawford
Frye
Butler
Woods
Qrich
Jerome JAmes
Rose

anyyyyyy dayyyy.

New New York

Quiet Storm
how r we making a move to make a move when we havent made a move all summer ? flawed statement.

misfits noooo

Duhon
hughes
Gallo
chandler
Lee

Role players yes but not misfits, they all fit their position.

To compare it to the team larry brown coached is unfair

MArbury with Francis With Crawford With Q rich With Curry
With Channing Frye, With Nate, With JAlen Rose, WIth Qyntel Woods, With maurice Taylor, With Malik Rose, With Jackie Butler, With Jerome James, With Ime Udoka, WIth malik Rose now that team is a freaking bunch of misplace misfits with no roles.

IDe take

Duhon
Hughes
chandler
Harrington
Lee
R1) Nate
R2) Gallo
R3) Hill
R4) Curry

Over

Marbury
Francis
Crawford
Frye
Butler
Woods
Qrich
Jerome JAmes
Rose

anyyyyyy dayyyy.

What I said wasnt a flawed statement at all, I never said that Donnie has made moves for the sake of making moves, I said adding one of these players would be making a move for the sake of making a move.

Now I think you took me too literally on the Brown comparison, the Brown team comparison was in regard to the uncertain roles players will have on the team.

Aside from Duhon (by default) and Wilson, there are no real sure shot starters on this team, nor rotation just like under Larry Brown.

Millic,Hill,Hughes,Jefferies all have a realistic shot at starting or being constant DNP canidates. Being that The Knicks want to showcase Curry, Lee's starting job could be in question too if Mike Dantoni wants to play Danillo or Harrington at the four.

Now dont you think it would only make things a little more complicated to throw in a player like Jerry Stackouse, who complained all last season about not playing?

Great Coach,Young core of players, full of potential and question marks.

So that is where the Larry Brown Knick comparison comes from. No we dont have the egos and attitudes, but certainley the bloated roster.

Thanks.

P.S. I know Donnie inherited this roster, so I am not blaming him, I again am just questioning the idea of brining in yet another player to take up space who is not an upgrade over what we already have (Kidd being the only exception to that statement)

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
larry hughes is a veteran,Al harrington is veteran too,the knicks don't need to jerry stackhouse.

Good point but Hughes and Harrington are not leaders. Maybe Harrington can be groomed for leadership, but that is really up to DanO and Walsh. Are leaders born or bread? There will be no significant moves this off season until Walsh is ready to give players a serious contract. No one wants to be a one year mercenary.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
Toney Douglas >>> Ramon Sessions. I'd get rather get Lebron next year than risk not getting him by signing Sessions to a semi big contract. Dantoni can train Toney to be our future PG.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
lol @ gettin hyped over sessions when he did OK @ best on a shitty team without redd and bogut most of the season

N8 is STILL a better option at this point than anyone on team or the market

New New York

Quiet Storm
Due Diligence Motherf*ckers... get use to it!

LOL, so why not call up Steve Francis and see what sort of shape he is then!? Latrell needs the money lets work him out too!

Due Diligence making a bid for Rubio, T-Mac or Boozer when we realistically do not have the peices to get it done.

Working out Jerry Stackhouse is just thirsty

Speaking of Jerry Stackhouse

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...Jerry-Stackhouse-in-a-bad-ba?urn=ncaab,181837

He'd fit right in!

Nice to see my Wildcats back to relevance in the colleg hoops world, now when The Knicks turn things around, it would be just like the 90's all over again!

King Ewing

Banned
Knicks fans are without a doubt the stupidest fans in sports. Its really sad considering I am one, but I have never in my life seen so many people jump on board for these foolish, bs signings. Unbelievable....where are your brains at?

portega1968

El Cacique
dang, Stackhouse really got served by John Wall.. cant wait to see this kid in the NBA (maybe he'll be in for a Knick workout in say.... like 20 years!!!)

ANU

Starter
LOL, so why not call up Steve Francis and see what sort of shape he is then!? Latrell needs the money lets work him out too!

Due Diligence making a bid for Rubio, T-Mac or Boozer when we realistically do not have the peices to get it done.

Working out Jerry Stackhouse is just thirsty

Speaking of Jerry Stackhouse

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...Jerry-Stackhouse-in-a-bad-ba?urn=ncaab,181837

He'd fit right in!

Nice to see my Wildcats back to relevance in the colleg hoops world, now when The Knicks turn things around, it would be just like the 90's all over again!
oy.the great wall of kentucky is ill.good god almighty.**** you Isaiah.