Knicks discuss deal for Mcgrady

LJ4ptplay

Starter
hahaha U gotta be on something man... What are u saying? Do u really think that they would give away 2 starters for a LOW LIFE like Curry, and for a bench player like LEE ???? AHAHAHHAH. Lee in Dallas would come off the bench because theres noway he is starting before Nowitzki. And as far as Center they have their own center they dont really need LEE to fill that position.

It's well known the Mavs are trying to move Howard. They are very disappointed with him. They are very disappointed with Dampier and Gooden as Center.

Although you don't like Lee, he has a very high trade value right now and could easily play C while Dirk stays at PF and have a nice rotation between the two as well. Lee is widely considered an All-Star this year and most people around the league felt he should have been in.

The Mavs are over the cap for next year and are not players in free agency this summer. Cuban is not shy about spending either.

And we give them a draft pick. I would even be willing to throw in a 2012 1st round pick to move Curry.

So why is this trade idea so unrealistic?

Scribbles

Rotation player
Now just imagine if we woulda have signed Iverson.

Iverson + T-Mac ....

Just a thought.

Iverson > Duhon and anyother PG on the Knicks right now...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
In order for this 3 way deal to work, there will have to be more players involved to match salaries... Look for Jefferis to be included as well as a sling of other players... If the Knicks are in it, there must be a deal in place to include Jefferies and/or Curry....

dre48ny

Rotation player
Aree 100% only if we include Jefferies which the Wizards showed interest before, he did play for them. Other than that who gives a crap. This doesnt solve our 2010 plans.

mafra

Legend
I agree. T-Mac could audtion for a spot next year. Harrington doesn't belong in D'ant's system. We have plenty of SF/PF options.

Still, unless we get a draft pick or shed JJ's contract.... No deal really helps the Knicks.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Has anybody realized from this trade that Harrington + somebody else could essentially get us Caron Butler?

But nooo.....we have to wait until this summer to get rejected by Lebron and the other stars when we could get one right now. *sighs*

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Has anybody realized from this trade that Harrington + somebody else could essentially get us Caron Butler?

But nooo.....we have to wait until this summer to get rejected by Lebron and the other stars when we could get one right now. *sighs*

No offense, thats a move Isiah Thomas would make. I'd much rather "Do-Nothing" Donnie doing nothing, then pulling off trades like that.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Let's not forget that the Gilbert Arenas situation might hamper any deals as far as the Wizards taking back salary, nevermind taking added contracts PAST this season.

They're going to likely go into buyout negotiations if they fail to terminate Arenas' contract (which is the most likely scenario). I don't think they want to be doling out all that money come season's end...

Paul1355

All Star
finally i been waiting for this to happen all season not so much as we actually pull off the deal, but just that were finally in talks to actually try and improve our roster a small step forward, and the effort a big step forward cause make no mistake the team needs a shakeup if we wanna make the playoffs
every time the knick players and coaches talk about playoffs, I shake my head then laugh. Its a joke. This team will not make the playoffs unless they change the lineups, make a trade, or put a firecracker up some these guys butt holes.
The way that Miami is playing...i dont think the knicks will even get close to the 8th seed.