Knicks discuss deal for Mcgrady

johnstarky

Rotation player
If the Knicks traded for Mcgrady, would they be the first team in NBA history to have two of the highest paid inactive players sitting on their roster?

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
That would be a stupid move to give away your starter. Duhon is quite good actually. He would be an amazing backup.. Former dukie so I won't turnon him

Your a fool, after me Sly and Danutz go murder Duhound we should go after you lol. Seriously bro JJ Redick and the Donkey man are NOT going to be our franchise cornerstones contrary to your opinion.

NDIRISH7777

Rookie
donnie please get this done ASAP...you never know what tmac still has in the tank and honestly who cares if hes a bust...we still getting rid of that contract at the end of the year or he could be nice which i think he still is and we could potentially benefit from this deal.

im just glad to finally be hearing something about the knicks and a trade...i was starting to worry!

im calling it now...TMAC IS STILL A BEAST!

PS whoever posted that video about tmac getting into it with bobby jackson..that just made me want him more..think about it...nate ( http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4410889144887288309# ) and tmac gonna bring the knicks to be the bad boys of the nba...id be down with that. TMAC WILL MARDY COLLINS UR WHIP!

CoolClyde

McDoody

JPZ17, you have won the stupid fan award by having 3 lame posts on 1 page!
Are you that turned on by D'amntoni that he can do no wrong?
you FAILED to get the humor of giving away Duhound for free,
backing him up because he's a Pukie? he's quite good actually?
Mike No-D is our franchise?
Wow! SMH...
You confirmed Anu's point.. do you get it? ... McDoody.

Originally Posted by jpz17
That would be a stupid move to give away your starter. Duhon is quite good actually. He would be an amazing backup.. Former dukie so I won't turnon him

Mike d'antoni said tmac is still one of the best players in the game, and I trust what mike says since he is our franchise. Mike is bigger than walsh

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by ANU
yay! not really.this is just a move to appease the stupid fan.this dude is done.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
it is actually very likely to happen. I'm excited

Kiyaman

Legend
The big question remain unanswered:

Does T-Mac still want to play Basketball?
All the money T-Mac made from 2001 to 2010, plus all the super big endorsements in the USA and China....would u still want to work after u gross close to $250M after a decade of Basketball???
Vince Carter did'nt gross half as much as T-Mac.

Walsh would be a fool to trade for T-Mac, if Eddy Curry is not included in the deal...

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The big question remain unanswered:

Does T-Mac still want to play Basketball?
All the money T-Mac made from 2001 to 2010, plus all the super big endorsements in the USA and China....would u still want to work after u gross close to $250M after a decade of Basketball???
Vince Carter did'nt gross half as much as T-Mac.

Walsh would be a fool to trade for T-Mac, if Eddy Curry is not included in the deal...

tmac is an expiring contract so he's playing for a new one so he will bust his ass for 1....plus if we get tmac, there's really no L to it unless we get a multi year contract back.....and by the i approve getting Tmac 110%..i still think he one of the best when healthy

jpz17

Starter
http://bit.ly/a7hpx0

Rockets Looking long-term in this trade:

Meaning we most likely lose Mr. Jordan Hill in the deal.. or Washington loses a young guy. Houston wants to be younger. Heck I wouldn't mind dealing Wilson Chandler if we can trash one of the contacts for next season.

Kiyaman

Legend
tmac is an expiring contract so he's playing for a new one so he will bust his ass for 1....plus if we get tmac, there's really no L to it unless we get a multi year contract back.....and by the i approve getting Tmac 110%..i still think he one of the best when healthy

That's the point.

The Houston Rockets are already paying T-Mac way over half of his pay this season, their team is a playoff team with their highest scorer being their PG-Brooks, they will need other scoring power than Brooks, Ariza, Landry, and Scola, in a playoff series. With a healthy T-Mac at the end of this month why not keep him for a better chance at making it to the 2nd round.
?We don't have a lot of options,? Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. ?We're pretty short-handed at twos and threes.
And T-Mac is a F/G (2 & 3 position).

Which is why I put down the main factor thats been on the Houston Rockets board "do T-Mac still want to play B-Ball?".

Walsh have to make some kind of move by the deadline b/c of 19-32 record. Having Dolans Newspaper and sports writers print Walsh went to Chicago to look at T-Mac personal-training makes a good story to show Walsh is on the job, to either do one or two things.....unload Eddy Curry for expiring contract T-Mac for more 2010 cap space, or to see if T-Mac recovery can boost the Knicks season.
If nothing happens....the press could always say "Donnie Walsh was on the job."...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Does anybody else feel like we're getting royally srewed on this deal?

The Wizards are looking to break up their team and take on the expiring contracts of Harington and either Larry Hughes or Darko Milicic in order to shed forward Caron Butler and possibly center Brendan Haywood, whom the Rockets view as strong assets. But more pieces have to be added -- the Knicks likely have to put in $3 million of Jim Dolan's cash.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/wizards_in_mac_way_trade_talk_XCekwzAbS0BzCotfqeYrWO

Let me get this straight, the Wiz get to dump a ton of salary, the Rockets get All-Star talent and we get an aging star coming off major surgery that hasn't played basketball in a year and we still have to pay $3 mil in cash!?!

And to make things worse, the Rockets have not allowed Donnie or anybody else to view TMac workout and make sure he is in good shape and his knee is still strong.

Does this seem right? It feels like we've suddenly become the desperate team willing to get reamed for a deal.

ANU

Starter

Let me get this straight, the Wiz get to dump a ton of salary, the Rockets get All-Star talent and we get an aging star coming off major surgery that hasn't played basketball in a year and we still have to pay $3 mil in cash!?!

And to make things worse, the Rockets have not allowed Donnie or anybody else to view TMac workout and make sure he is in good shape and his knee is still strong.

Does this seem right? It feels like we've suddenly become the desperate team willing to get reamed for a deal.
of course we do, but what else is new.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Report: Tracy McGrady to Knicks in Three-Team Swap?

by Daniel Rathman on Feb 10, 2010 6:29:00 PM
The Houston Rockets are desperate to trade Tracy McGrady before the Feb. 18 NBA trade deadline, and the New York Knicks have emerged as the 30-year-old swingman’s latest suitor.
According to Yahoo Sports, the Rockets are attempting to coordinate a complicated three-way deal that would send McGrady to New York, Al Harrington to the Wizards and Caron Butler to the Rockets. The Wizards would likely be in line to acquire another player or a draft pick as well.
McGrady has not been on the floor for the Rockets since Dec. 23, and he averaged just 3.2 points and 0.8 rebounds in 7:35 per game the six times that coach Rick Adelman played him this season. Now completely outcast from the organization, McGrady is nothing more than a $23 million contract on the books for Houston general manager Daryl Morey, who has been shopping him around recently.
The Knicks are unlikely to reap huge benefits on the court by acquiring McGrady, but his expiring deal would enable them to remain financially flexible in anticipation of this summer’s free-agent bonanza, which includes LeBron James. The 29-year-old Harrington is averaging 17.8 points and 5.6 rebounds in just over 30 minutes per game for coach Mike D'Antoni, and should adequately replace Butler on the 17-33 Wizards, who are far out of contention in the Eastern Conference.
The Wizards would benefit from exporting the 29-year-old Butler -- whose five-year contract expires in 2011 -- if they can gain another player in the deal and possibly a draft pick, in addition to Harrington, to continue their rebuilding process. Butler is averaging 16.9 points and 6.7 rebounds in nearly 40 minutes per game. He is the best player involved in the proposed trade, so the Rockets probably could be convinced to sweeten the Wizards’ end of the swap in order to also rid themselves of McGrady.
Yahoo Sports notes that although there would need to be significantly more pieces in the deal than just the three aforementioned forwards, "there is a framework to the discussions," and talks seem to be progressing.

Can't see how trading one expiring contract for another adds to NY's cap flexibility.

I'd like to see Nate and Harrington for McGrady and Lowry.

<table border="0" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" width="650" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="4" bgcolor="#003366" height="30">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7 Kyle Lowry Houston Rockets[/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" valign="top" width="70">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
kyle_lowry.jpg
[/FONT]</td> <td bordercolor="#CCCCCC" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" valign="middle" width="250"> [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Position: PG
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Born: 3/25/86[/FONT]
Height:
6-0 / 1,83
Weight: 180 lbs. / 79,4 kg.
College: Villanova '08
[/FONT]
</td> <td bordercolor="#CCCCCC" align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" valign="middle" width="1">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]</td> <td align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tenacious defender... Quick hands... Plays hard... Excellent rebounding skills for a point guard... Doesn't shoot the ball well.[/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> <td colspan="4" height="22">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
black.jpg
Attended the Cardinal Dougherty HS in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
black.jpg
Played college ball at Villanova till 2008.
black.jpg
Selected by the Memphis Grizzlies as 24th overall pick in the 2006 NBA Draft. Signed with the Grizzlies in July.
black.jpg
Traded to the Houston Rockets in February 2009.
black.jpg
Named Pennsylvania High School Player of the Year in 2004.
black.jpg
Named to the BEC All-Rookie Team in 2005.
black.jpg
Named to the All-BEC 2nd Team in 2006.
black.jpg
Selected to the Vegas Summer League All-Star Team in 2007.
[/FONT]</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

That's what we are. Every GM knows it as well.

We are the bumfight of the NBA.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The Knicks and Rockets were unable to complete a deal because Houston general manager Darryl Morey asked for lottery pick Jordan Hill and Knicks president Donnie Walsh refused

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...ade_talk_XCekwzAbS0BzCotfqeYrWO#ixzz0fFMg1Idm

Good. F*ck them. Let them buy TMac out and we can get him for the vet min.

That GM is insane. They're getting to much for him as it is. They're getting an All-Star, a center playing the best ball of his career that is an expiring contract and now they want young talent too?!?

Houston is getting way to much as it is in my opinion. TMac is 30 years old, coming off major knee surgery, hasn't played basketball in over a year and nobody is allowed to view his workouts to make sure he can still play.

SMH. What a rip off.