Melo: Wants trade to Knicks (ESPN source)

la2ny

Starter
Lol

truthfully I've been reading threads and seeing the arguments and childish stuff like 6 months before I registered to post. It's was so amazing I had to get a piece of it .

just seems like since there's no games everyone really zero'd In on the Carmelo crap instead of the actual season were in lol I mean we do still play Boston, anD our hated rivals from south bleach :cool:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Fields is good but we shouldn't be entirely opposed to the idea of giving him up in a trade. We should give him up if it somehow means we only have to give up one of Chandler/Gallo/Randolph. I like Fields and I think he has a great shot at being a good roleplayer on any team, he's definitely a player that most championship-caliber teams like to have, but he shouldn't be completely in the way of us getting Carmelo.

I'm more concerned that Denver is asking for both Gallo AND Randolph.

We should consider giving them Kelenna Azubuike's expiring contract. Expiring contracts are great for teams that are trying to rebuild cause it helps shed salary and frankly with the way Chandler and Fields have been playing I see no reason to try to integrate Azubuike back into the starting lineup.

Let's give them Randolph, Azubuike, Douglas, Curry, and Walker and see if we can hustle them

moneyg

Starter
No he wouldn't.
Chandler is SOFT.
He goes to the FT line not efficiency enough, especially compared to Gallo.

Gallo is a player to keep. 6"10 wing player with high IQ, toughness, slashing ability and one of the best jumpshots in the NBA. Chandler's types are common.

Just because Chandler is having a better season so far doesn't make him the better player. Gallo's talents haven't diminished; he's going to give a lot to this franchise especially in terms of winning games.

I like both guys though. I'm not a full out Gallo hater like you.

I use to hate Chandler, but he grew on me.

i use to hate chandler more than gallo.. but amare leadershio has given him something..

i like gal .. but who will be our starting 5

felton
fields
melo
galo
stat

doesnt make sense

felton
fields
melo
stat
turiaf

is more balance with chandler off the bench

gallo wont want to come off the bench

we can not continue to play amare at the 5 .. only here and there against other small 5

its that simple

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
i use to hate chandler more than gallo.. but amare leadershio has given him something..

i like gal .. but who will be our starting 5

felton
fields
melo
galo
stat

doesnt make sense

felton
fields
melo
stat
turiaf

is more balance with chandler off the bench

gallo wont want to come off the bench

we can not continue to play amare at the 5 .. only here and there against other small 5

its that simple

Melo can play PF in this system. He played PF on Team USA and thrived at it.

Felton
Fields
Gallo
Melo
Stat

Chandler 6th man

That team is a title contender and built to run. Perfect for D'ants system. At that point we just need to find a cheap pure shooter to play 15 mins a game and knock down 3's.

Melo can play PF in this system. He played PF on Team USA and thrived at it.

Felton
Fields
Gallo
Melo
Stat

Chandler 6th man

That team is a title contender and built to run. Perfect for D'ants system. At that point we just need to find a cheap pure shooter to play 15 mins a game and knock down 3's.
Lmao.. Melo at pf is a disaster waiting to happen..

That shit won't fly on some of the higher tier NBA teams like Boston and LA..

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Lmao.. Melo at pf is a disaster waiting to happen..

That shit won't fly on some of the higher tier NBA teams like Boston and LA..

Ok, that is your opinion but I have history on my side. Melo played PF for Team USA in Coach K and D'ants system. Further if Chandler can play PF for D'ant so can Melo. LMAO at yourself.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
SMH

melo at the 4 and amare at the 5 long term..

this is hilarious

this is not fantasy bball

Melo was the MVP of the 2006 Team USA in Japan (only American to make first-team all-tournament), and he and DWade were the two most clutch players for Team USA at the Beijing Olympics. So you make a very valid point Erik. Also, D'Antoni and Coach K used Melo at the 4 in Beijing. D'Antoni would use him there in NY, too, with Amare at the 5, if he didn't want to start Turiaf. Right now, D'Antoni is more comfortable with Stoudemire starting at the 5 with Turiaf coming of the bench.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...chris-sheridan

SMH at people speaking too quickly...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Going on the assumption that the 2010 Free Agent class is settled by the time rosters will need to be set, here's my first guess at what Team USA's twelve-man roster will look like. Note that I'm listing each player at his usual NBA position -- which isn't necessarily where he'd play in Turkey. Carmelo Anthony, for example, has been highly effective at power forward for Team USA.

http://basketball.about.com/od/internationalbasketball/a/team-usa-2010.htm

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Yea but FIBA/International basketball and the NBA aren't exactly the same. Melo would work well offensively with us at the 4, but as soon as the other team has the ball the shit will hit the fan and get sprayed everywhere.

Melo should only be in at the 4 when we play small, if you start him there on a regular basis then he's immediately at a disadvantage. Not so much in the International game, but in our division alone: KG/Davis, Speights/Brand, Johnson/Davis. All are either taller, stronger, or have a wide body they can use to just move Melo out of the way (except MAYBE Amir Johnson.)

He's strong for a 3 yea, but let's not act as if he's some sort of Hulk out there.

Edit: Plus he also had the benefit of being on the court with a combo of: CP3, Wade, LBJ, Kobe, Kidd, Howard, D-Will, Bosh, Prince, etc.

Does it really matter what position you're playing if those are your teammates? Someone with Melo's height, athleticism, strength, and skill combo would be effective at either the 2, 3, or 4 in International basketball. But if you have LBJ/Kobe/Wade/Kidd/D-will/Prince/CP3/etc occupying the 1-3 spots....throw Melo out there at the 4. He was effective at the 4 by default.

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Yea but FIBA/International basketball and the NBA aren't exactly the same. Melo would work well offensively with us at the 4, but as soon as the other team has the ball the shit will hit the fan and get sprayed everywhere.

Melo should only be in at the 4 when we play small, if you start him there on a regular basis then he's immediately at a disadvantage. Not so much in the International game, but in our division alone: KG/Davis, Speights/Brand, Johnson/Davis. All are either taller, stronger, or have a wide body they can use to just move Melo out of the way (except MAYBE Amir Johnson.)

He's strong for a 3 yea, but let's not act as if he's some sort of Hulk out there.

1. It works both ways since no PF would be able to guard Melo.
2. Melo is essentially built like Chandler who is thriving at the PF in D'ants system right now.
3. Dan't has a history of playing small and plays more of an international game anyway.
4. My original post was is response to playing Gallo at the 4. I merely stated Melo would be the 4 in that lineup not Gallo and cited Melo's president for playing at that position.

Do you guys honestly think Gallo would be better at the 4? Come on now.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
2. Melo is essentially built like Chandler who is thriving at the PF in D'ants system right now.
3. Dan't has a history of playing small and plays more of an international game anyway.
4. My original post was is response to playing Gallo at the 4. I merely stated Melo would be the 4 in that lineup not Gallo and cited Melo's president for playing at that position.

I never said anything about Gallo playing the 4, I didn't know that's what you were responding too. Yea, I agree that Melo is better suited for the 4 than he is.

But there's no way both players are on this team. If we get Melo, I'm willing to bet damn near anything I own that Gallo is involved in the deal.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I never said anything about Gallo playing the 4, I didn't know that's what you were responding too. Yea, I agree that Melo is better suited for the 4 than he is.

But there's no way both players are on this team. If we get Melo, I'm willing to bet damn near anything I own that Gallo is involved in the deal.

Well, I countered another posters starting 5 by switching Gallo and Melo putting Melo at 4 and Gallo at 3. (that is what started this mini debate)

I don't think Gallo will be included in a trade for Melo considering Denver has zero leverage. Further, I make a valid point about Chandler playing at the 4 right now...no?

moneyg

Starter
Well, I countered another posters starting 5 by switching Gallo and Melo putting Melo at 4 and Gallo at 3. (that is what started this mini debate)

I don't think Gallo will be included in a trade for Melo considering Denver has zero leverage. Further, I make a valid point about Chandler playing at the 4 right now...no?

oh yeah and lamar oden played the 5 for team USA too... so u start him at the 5 on a NBA team.

this isnt nba live

how can u compare olympics/fiba to the nba

if u told melo u was playin him at the 4 in ny he would say keep me in denver

come on guys

just stop it

i guess your saying keep gallo and bring him off the bench

that would work.. but cahndler would be better off the bench because he can tempory spell multiple position (2,3,4) on both ends of the court while gallo cant

oh yeah i never said start chandler at the four

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
oh yeah and lamar oden played the 5 for team USA too... so u start him at the 5 on a NBA team.

this isnt nba live

how can u compare olympics/fiba to the nba

if u told melo u was playin him at the 4 in ny he would say keep me in denver

come on guys

just stop it

i guess your saying keep gallo and bring him off the bench

that would work.. but cahndler would be better off the bench because he can tempory spell multiple position (2,3,4) on both ends of the court while gallo cant

oh yeah i never said start chandler at the four

You make up completely irrelevant points without a shred of proof then expect to win a debate? How do you know what Melo would want? How do you know he would stay in Dnever rather than play the 4 once again in D'ants system? Anaswer...you don't. Further, he was happy and thrived at the 4 in an offensive system crafted by D'ant for Team USA.

Again Chandler is having a career year playing PF and is built exactly like Melo. They are both strong, athletic and 6'8". D'ant has a history of playing small and has us winning with Amare at 5 and Chandler at 4 right now!

Gallo would compliment Melo better since he can shoot from the outside. You bring Chandler off the bench as 6th man to play the 3 or 4.

moneyg

Starter
You make up completely irrelevant points without a shred of proof then expect to win a debate? How do you know what Melo would want? How do you know he would stay in Dnever rather than play the 4 once again in D'ants system? Anaswer...you don't. Further, he was happy and thrived at the 4 in an offensive system crafted by D'ant for Team USA.

Again Chandler is having a career year playing PF and is built exactly like Melo. They are both strong, athletic and 6'8". D'ant has a history of playing small and has us winning with Amare at 5 and Chandler at 4 right now!

Gallo would compliment Melo better since he can shoot from the outside. You bring Chandler off the bench as 6th man to play the 3 or 4.

trill we cant keep both... its eithe chandler or gallo and chandler fits better.

chandler only plays the 4 tempory.. ok... he only started at the 4 when turiaf was hurt and when team go small he plays the 4.

ur talkin about starting mello at the four against guys like garnet, boozer, etc..

stop bring up team USA in fiba....

id agree with you if you told me you would play odem at the 5 since he played the 5 for team USA

that wont work

it just amazes me how u dont understand that.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
trill we cant keep both... its eithe chandler or gallo and chandler fits better.

chandler only plays the 4 tempory.. ok... he only started at the 4 when turiaf was hurt and when team go small he plays the 4.

ur talkin about starting mello at the four against guys like garnet, boozer, etc..

stop bring up team USA in fiba....

id agree with you if you told me you would play odem at the 5 since he played the 5 for team USA

that wont work

it just amazes me how u dont understand that.

1. Chandler has started at the 4 even now when Turiaf is back and is playing quite well.
2. Odom could play the 5 in D'ants system just like Diaw, STAT and K. Thomas did.
3. D'ant plays an international style of play so my comparison about Team USA which was his offense is more then pertinent. You pretend like FIBA does not have big centers and PF's...
4. We play more zone then man defense so your point is invalid about defending Garnett or Boozer. Yes we have problems in the paint but that wont go away until you have a competent defensive center and STAT playing PF. That seems unlikely so we will continue to play our style of small ball and Melo if acquired will be the PF.
5. Chandler and Melo play similar games so no, Gallo would be the better complimentary player as he can spread the floor and spot up when either STAT or Melo are doubled.

Red

TYPE-A

I think it would be best to check our results after our upcoming schedule. Ala as you used to say give it time, wait and see.

It's apparent that yes we are better than some teams @ the bottom, but we have NEEDS @ the 4,5 and back up PG. I don't think its safe to assume Wilson and our team can be effective against better low post teams, who rebound and have a paint presence.

Barnagni (what ever this dudes name is from Toronto), Nene, even Reggie Evans and other bigs have given us trouble
Like Griffin and Cousins. I know Turiaf might have been missing and he makes a difference but when we see what we have so far...

Adding a Big probably will have more impact than exchanging Chandler/Gallo for Melo while neglecting our most obvious need.

I have to believe as you say we can be better right now and souldn't wait for AR to materialize and Walsh should know this.

Getting Melo if we get rid of Wil or Gallo only makes sense IF we get a big along with him. That's what our results have shown.

If we are playoff ready we need to take the next step and realize we still aren't good enough to compete in late rnds w the more ready teams. Melo w/o a big for what we get from Wil-Gallo-Fields is 6 -vs the half dozen.

We'll sell more tickets but we aren't actually better imo than say adding a big now and signing him in the off season. Yes I read your reasons why getting him now would be ideal, but that's w/o considering other offers we can take advantage of that might present themself at the TDL. Who knows?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I think it would be best to check our results after our upcoming schedule. Ala as you used to say give it time, wait and see.

It's apparent that yes we are better than some teams @ the bottom, but we have NEEDS @ the 4,5 and back up PG. I don't think its safe to assume Wilson and our team can be effective against better low post teams, who rebound and have a paint presence.

Barnagni (what ever this dudes name is from Toronto), Nene, even Reggie Evans and other bigs have given us trouble
Like Griffin and Cousins. I know Turiaf might have been missing and he makes a difference but when we see what we have so far...

Adding a Big probably will have more impact than exchanging Chandler/Gallo for Melo while neglecting our most obvious need.

I have to believe as you say we can be better right now and souldn't wait for AR to materialize and Walsh should know this.

Getting Melo if we get rid of Wil or Gallo only makes sense IF we get a big along with him. That's what our results have shown.

If we are playoff ready we need to take the next step and realize we still aren't good enough to compete in late rnds w the more ready teams. Melo w/o a big for what we get from Wil-Gallo-Fields is 6 -vs the half dozen.

We'll sell more tickets but we aren't actually better imo than say adding a big now and signing him in the off season. Yes I read your reasons why getting him now would be ideal, but that's w/o considering other offers we can take advantage of that might present themself at the TDL. Who knows?

Well that is not at all what we were currently discussing. Our debate is about Melo indeed becoming a Knick and playing Melo at the 4. Forgetting Melo and going after a center is an entirely valid point for another debate.

I made mention in my thread about the MLE and using that next year to acquire a center. Would M. Gasol take the MLE to play in NYC along side a core of Felton, STAT and Melo? No one knows for sure but I venture that core will attract a lot of people looking to win a title.

P.S. Did you ignore this part of my post:

We play more zone then man defense so your point is invalid about defending Garnett or Boozer. Yes we have problems in the paint but that wont go away until you have a competent defensive center and STAT playing PF. That seems unlikely so we will continue to play our style of small ball and Melo if acquired will be the PF.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Us and Top tier Teams

Red, as usual, makes some very good points. Reasonably talented big men have been having career games against us. I think we match up better against Miami than Boston. Miami is not particularly strong up front. Boston is loaded. Let's see where we are after Friday night.