Melo: Wants trade to Knicks (ESPN source)

vpell

Benchwarmer
Income tax dude. LBJ is making right now what he would have made in NYC after income tax.

Obviously you're gonna have to pay property tax....if you own a property. But there's no income tax in FL, so that's one less hand dipping into your pockets every pay day.
If you don't understand that three other Florida State hands go into your pocket right after the income tax "hand" is removed, than I think you should take an accounting class or something.

metrocard

Legend
gallo is ok at best

chandler would light his a$$ up

no way can u play gallo and melo togehter.. aight
i symphathize for u..... gallo jr...

No he wouldn't.
Chandler is SOFT.
He goes to the FT line not efficiency enough, especially compared to Gallo.

Gallo is a player to keep. 6"10 wing player with high IQ, toughness, slashing ability and one of the best jumpshots in the NBA. Chandler's types are common.

Just because Chandler is having a better season so far doesn't make him the better player. Gallo's talents haven't diminished; he's going to give a lot to this franchise especially in terms of winning games.

I like both guys though. I'm not a full out Gallo hater like you.

I use to hate Chandler, but he grew on me.

Red

TYPE-A
No he wouldn't.
Chandler is SOFT.
He goes to the FT line not efficiency enough, especially compared to Gallo.

Gallo is a player to keep. 6"10 wing player with high IQ, toughness, slashing ability and one of the best jumpshots in the NBA. Chandler's types are common.

Just because Chandler is having a better season so far doesn't make him the better player. Gallo's talents haven't diminished; he's going to give a lot to this franchise especially in terms of winning games.

I like both guys though. I'm not a full out Gallo hater like you.

I use to hate Chandler, but he grew on me.

Who's better... I guess that's subjective. Its like saying "who do you like more.

So let's see...

Chandler is:
Faster
Stronger
Better defensively on and off the ball. Better help defender.
Better rebounder
More polished
Better handle
Better driver
Better off the dribble
Jumps higher
More explosive
Higher motor
More hustle
Quicker laterally
Plays more positions
Humble
Less streaky
Less hyped
Shown more improvement
Tough

-vs-

Gallo who is a better outside shooter and free throw maker.

Edge... Chandler.

Bottom line... Wilson Chandler is MORE valuable than Gallo. Don't be stubborn.

metrocard

Legend
Who's better... I guess that's subjective. Its like saying "who do you like more.

So let's see...

Chandler is:
Faster
Stronger
Better defensively
Better handle
Better driver
Better off the dribble
Jumps higher
Quicker laterally
Plays more positions
Humble
Less streaky
Less hyped
Shown more improvement
Tough

Chandler is 6"8 220 who was drafted off his athleticism, where as Gallo was drafted off his IQ and rare set of skills. Saying Chandler is a better athlete doesn't prove anything and its not original.

Toons, I'm concerned about you.

Chandler is not a better driver and doesn't use his athleticism to slash to the basket, that is not one of his strengths. It happens to be Gallo's strength tho. If you fail to realize that, then go to basketball reference. Look at the stats and compare who has a higher rate of free throw attempts.

I'm not here to do your homework, do it yourself. This is common knowledge.

Just please stop posting the nonsense.

Gallo is more valuable to this TEAM.

Anthony would be a PF in this system, not a SG. The SG position is locked by fields, and Gallo has the SF position for his size/range/iq/overall skills that make him a threat every night.

If we getting Melo, Chandler is getting dropped. Its obvious. They're both SF/PF athletic hybrids.

It would be silly to start BOTH of them and give up a different and special talent in Gallo, especially when Carmelo is similar to Amare.

Too much similarity and tendencies = stationary offense.

I don't mind having Chandler at PF, but if we trading for Melo, he's the one to go.

If we were trading for DIRK, then I would trade Gallo openly.

See Toons, you have to use your mind and really think these things. Its not difficult at all to do this. Just try to make a little more sense next time.

Chandler is the one who does not fit if we get Melo. It makes better sense to keep Gallo. But I dont know if den wants Will, cuz he is up

metrocard

Legend
Chandler is the one who does not fit if we get Melo. It makes better sense to keep Gallo. But I dont know if den wants Will, cuz he is up

Yep.
Who's going to be our 3pt threat if Gallo bounces?

Chandler is a career 32% 3pt shooter.
He's not official yet, despite his good season from the 3pt line at 37%

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
I don't want to discuss who is better, Gallo or Chandler. You know what I'd say, but it's not important at all.
The question is: Who is more similar to Melo ? I say chandler.
If you put Melo in the team now he takes the place of Chandler, not of Gallo.

If Chandler is:
Faster
Stronger
Better defensively
Better handle
Better driver
Better off the dribble
Jumps higher
Quicker laterally
Plays more positions
Humble
Less streaky
Less hyped
Shown more improvement
Tough

We don't need Melo.

Yep.
Who's going to be our 3pt threat if Gallo bounces?

Chandler is a career 32% 3pt shooter.
He's not official yet, despite his good season from the 3pt line at 37%

I agree with u. I wanna keep Gallo if we get Melo, but I dont see it happening. I think Den knows whose upside is higher and Chandler has to get paid. I think we get mem involved and handler and Gallo go, with Mayo coming back with Melo, which will give us a shooter and ball handler.

Stat
melo
Fields
Mayo
Felt

nuckles2k2

Superstar
If you don't understand that three other Florida State hands go into your pocket right after the income tax "hand" is removed, than I think you should take an accounting class or something.

And how is that diff from NYC? We pay all of those taxes here too, but we also have income tax. Let's say it's sales tax, federal taxes, property tax, and income tax vs sales tax, federal taxes, and property tax.

Last time i checked, 4 is more than 3. Plus Florida's general sales tax is about 6% vs the 8.875% (or thereabouts) in NYC. Federal tax should be about the same across the board no matter where you are because that comes from the federal government and is based on salary/tax brackets. So NYC's income tax + higher sales tax doesn't equal taking less money home vs an area that doesn't have income tax and has a lower sales tax?

What are you talking about dude?

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
^^ word.

Melo does everything Wilson does, and what Wilson does better than Gallo; but he does it better than everyone.

What Melo lacks Gallo has, and what would compliment him Gallo has.

The way Melo is and how he'd get played, and with STAT, we don't need someone with Wilson's bread and butter.

Gallo is the better slasher, anyways. But the difference is he translates this into swift charity strip production, or smart crisp passes along the way.

Chandler has had a ridiculously good year for his range. But as of right now, it's an anomaly. A great one for us, but still, a textbook anomaly. Melo has had quality 3pt seasons, too, actually; but they were just inconsistent anomalys and it was never his bread and butter.

range
ft%
+/-
passing
slashing/charity strip game

All Gallo. What he lacks in rebounding, around the basket moves, and top to bottom athleticism and versatility to play the 4 powerfully, Melo has in spades.

iSaYughh

Starter
And how is that diff from NYC? We pay all of those taxes here too, but we also have income tax. Let's say it's sales tax, federal taxes, property tax, and income tax vs sales tax, federal taxes, and property tax.

Last time i checked, 4 is more than 3. Plus Florida's general sales tax is about 6% vs the 8.875% (or thereabouts) in NYC. Federal tax should be about the same across the board no matter where you are because that comes from the federal government and is based on salary/tax brackets. So NYC's income tax + higher sales tax doesn't equal taking less money home vs an area that doesn't have income tax and has a lower sales tax?

What are you talking about dude?

Accurate.

The extra taxation in NYC versus FL (and some other places), is tantamount to 10+%, easy.

When you have mad money either way, though, you usually prioritize your quality of life and how baller it can/will be, versus "penny pinching" ("millions pinching" lol).

And the added value for superstar-type players on the Yankees and Knicks is unparalleled; and the earning potential royally trumps pretty much anything else.

To where they can look to go into a new stratosphere of wealth.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Let me look at this when I get home; at work right now so it is hard. I will have to get some spec from the onkyo. You are mentioning issues with image and 3D... Is your TV 3D ready or does it have the decoder built in? I would try disabling the 3D piece first; see if that clears up the issue. I would go directly to the TV, bypassing any 3rd party appliance as a proxy. Start with connectin it directly and disabling 3D.

I needed to update my TV's firmware. Issue solved, thanks anyway.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
A will and gallo debate :teeth:

i love both equally but

come on now ...
why on earth would anyone would want to have . two guys that play similar

amare draws double teams , melo draws double teams and that will leave gallo open half the times , some1 that can spread the floor is always a PLUS

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Melo

Chris Sheridan appears convinced that the Knicks and Nuggets will do a Melo deal before the trade deadline and that Gallinari-- not Chandler -- is being discussed as part of the deal. Sheridan suggests that the Nuggets want, Gallinari, Fields, Curry and a number 1 draft pick which the Knikcs will have to get by trading Randolph. He suggests the Knicks are balking at giving up Fields.

If he is right, I do not know if Denver prefers Gallinari to Chandler or the Knicks prefer to keep Chandler over Gallo. I have no sources, so whatever sources Sheridan might have gives him an advanage. But I would think Denver would prefer Chandler and that the Knicks would prefer to keep Gallo, not because he is currently playing better than Chandler-- which he is not --but because Gallo is probably a better complement to two superstars than Chandler and Chandler is a better replacement for Melo.

If i were Denver, I would also be concerned that Gallo will not be a happy camper in Denver while Chandler might well be happy there. Gallo has only a couple of years before free agency and he always has Italy to go back to.

Red

TYPE-A
Chris Sheridan appears convinced that the Knicks and Nuggets will do a Melo deal before the trade deadline and that Gallinari-- not Chandler -- is being discussed as part of the deal. Sheridan suggests that the Nuggets want, Gallinari, Fields, Curry and a number 1 draft pick which the Knikcs will have to get by trading Randolph. He suggests the Knicks are balking at giving up Fields.

If he is right, I do not know if Denver prefers Gallinari to Chandler or the Knicks prefer to keep Chandler over Gallo. I have no sources, so whatever sources Sheridan might have gives him an advanage. But I would think Denver would prefer Chandler and that the Knicks would prefer to keep Gallo, not because he is currently playing better than Chandler-- which he is not --but because Gallo is probably a better complement to two superstars than Chandler and Chandler is a better replacement for Melo.

If i were Denver, I would also be concerned that Gallo will not be a happy camper in Denver while Chandler might well be happy there. Gallo has only a couple of years before free agency and he always has Italy to go back to.

Because:

1. Chandler is a FA @ the end of the year
2. Gallo is cheaper and can hit jumpers sometimes
3. We need to trade Chandler or AR for a 1st rnd pick

So much Melo speculation is reminding me too much of the past.

We should savor or recent results, and concentrate on improving... opps that reminds me of getting Melo and a Big by seasons end and getting out the 1st rnd.

Chandler, Gallo, Fields and AR are worth Melo, another servicable Big, and a back up pg... no? Add Curry's expiring and it's like we're giving you $10mil to boot.

Knicksdabest

Benchwarmer
We definitely should not give up fields for him.Fields will thrive and become a great player in ny.It would be sad seeing Gallo go,but probably worse seeing Chandler go.Chandler is having a great son & Gallo is inconsistent as of late,so it's a hard decision.