Nets owner tells team to drop Anthony deal

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Well now the Nuggets can either trade with us or a team that is willing to rent Melo. Should be an interesting trade deadline. I really do not want to give up Gallo though.

petescud

Starter
I just read this and thought...Go NY GO NY GO...

Maybe Walsh got to him before the NETS owner, or Melo said "Don't waste your time - I'm not signing on after the season"

Hopefully he's ours now without giving away the store

skisloper

Starter
Is there any shot Denver wants to throw Billups with his 13 million per in the deal ?

then we trade curry, gallo, turiaf and felton.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
Is there any shot Denver wants to throw Billups with his 13 million per in the deal ?

then we trade curry, gallo, turiaf and felton.

I will slap the taste out of your mouth if I ever hear you say Felton for Billups EVER again!! :thumbsup:

Why the hell would I want Billups old ass? I know his deal expires at years end but then what do we do about a PG? He has already said he wants to finish his carrer in Denver and would request a buyout if traded.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
sounds like Mikhail Nyetnikoff turned Melo Yellow!! ahahahahah! ha!
f*ck em!

Its actually not a bad decision for the Nets. They have rediculous youth. With all those draft picks they are about to get even younger. Oh and they can now also try and trade for multiple players instead of just Melo. I think NJ made the right decision.

skisloper

Starter
I will slap the taste out of your mouth if I ever hear you say Felton for Billups EVER again!! :thumbsup:

Why the hell would I want Billups old ass? I know his deal expires at years end but then what do we do about a PG? He has already said he wants to finish his carrer in Denver and would request a buyout if traded.

I did not say I wanted that. But we know Denver wants to shed salary.
Felton for now is a 2 year rental.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Prokhorov

If this story is accurate and Prokhorov is not "negotiating," then this really changes the landscape.

I wonder if Melo would even prefer to stay in Denver than play for the Nets. If he would have signed his extension in connection with a trade to the Nets, then Denver will have made a major blunder, unless, of course, it makes Melo more likely to sign with Denver.

Perhaps we have come full circle. How much does Melo insist on the security of the current CBA extended contract? How willing is Denver to play chicken with Melo and refuse 'reasonable' trades with the likes of the Knicks or Chicago? In any event, I believe this increases substantially our chances of signing Melo.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
The only way thats possible is to throw Felton into the deal. We do not have matching salaries....Felton is next high payday with 7 million.

That is correct but NeNe is injured way too often and too overpaid for my liking. Plus he does not rebound or even defend particularly well in my opinion.