NYK vs TOR Post-Game Thread: Knicks complete the 4 game sweep of the Home-Stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokes

Huge Member
I'd say posting nearly 1000 times in a month is more than a little too much. Especially when 98% of the posts are basically the same.

I'd use the ignore list, but it's kind of like a car wreck. You know you shouldn't look, but you just can't help it.

This thread is like a car wreck :(

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Sweet. That's the resident hemorrhoid removed from making my experience here less monotonous and unenjoyable.

Lovely.

I'll have to check in on him occasionally though, just to see who's making him cry.

Poor little man:lol:

Crazy⑧s;172751 said:
Sweet. That's the resident hemorrhoid removed from making my experience here less monotonous and unenjoyable.

Lovely.

I'll have to check in on him occasionally though, just to see who's making him cry.

LOL same.. I'll be periodically removing his name from my ignore list to check on whatever ****ery he causes :lol:

HarshMello

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;172751 said:

Lovely.

I've had hemorrhoids. They aren't nearly as bad. And they go away.

This is more like rectal cancer.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I just scroll past KFFQ's posts defending D'Antoni usually or if their too long. If you don't care what he says then ignore him. And I don't mean using the ignore feature. It's pretty easy to do without it.

You guys act like he's being a jerk. There's been posters in this site who loved to fight (metro) and as long as they weren't that way to me I cared more about the Knicks and was fine with any of them.

Crazy, you've gotten into fights on here. There's been times times you were attacked and understandable with you being mad. Those times were nothing compared to your disagreements with KFFQ.

Don't get me wrong, when I see a thread that's not really being focused negatively on D'Antoni and I see these big responses defending him by none other than KFFQ, I go, "Oh geez." in my head, but he doesn't really give anyone an attitude. He's just obsessed. Best thing for posts by people you don't like reading is scroll past them or put them on ignore.

You've been legitimately attacked before, you should know the difference.

I never cared for the fights on this board, and I do like reading fights!

Let's focus on the Knicks.

NY17

Benchwarmer
I just scroll past KFFQ's posts defending D'Antoni usually or if their too long. If you don't care what he says then ignore him. And I don't mean using the ignore feature. It's pretty easy to do without it.

You guys act like he's being a jerk. There's been posters in this site who loved to fight (metro) and as long as they weren't that way to me I cared more about the Knicks and was fine with any of them.

Crazy, you've gotten into fights on here. There's been times times you were attacked and understandable with you being mad. Those times were nothing compared to your disagreements with KFFQ.

Don't get me wrong, when I see a thread that's not really being focused negatively on D'Antoni and I see these big responses defending him by none other than KFFQ, I go, "Oh geez." in my head, but he doesn't really give anyone an attitude. He's just obsessed. Best thing for posts by people you don't like reading is scroll past them or put them on ignore.

You've been legitimately attacked before, you should know the difference.

I never cared for the fights on this board, and I do like reading fights!

Let's focus on the Knicks.

If this was real life I'd understand what you are saying, but it's the internet....even if they are nice if someone pisses you off, they piss you off and you can let them know it.

iSaYughh

Starter
Lol@ jpz comparison, replacing absurd brevity ("Coach O'doultoni RULES" /thread") with an equal yet opposite reaction.

I actually do agree w a lotta the meat that Queens dishes out on D'antoni...but sometimes there's enough fat around it to make E-City's ass look like a 16yr old bulemic's, when he's in pit bull mode.

No matter, KFFQ became immortalized to me when he waxed deep about how much Douglas being drafted by Lakeshow, before being traded to us, meant to him. :teeth::teeth::teeth:
:gony:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If this was real life I'd understand what you are saying, but it's the internet....even if they are nice if someone pisses you off, they piss you off and you can let them know it.
But extending the conversation of the D'Antoni talk doesn't make it any better. And I'm not gonna ignore Crazy and whoever else argues with him. I hate seeing non-D'Antoni threads cluttered with D'Antoni talk. Trust me, just scroll past him and don't let it ruin interfere with talk.

I agree, there's absolutely no need for a post-game thread, just as much as there's no need for a pre-game thread. Otherwise, if you've been here for a while you'd realize how much REAL stupid stuff has gone around here (racist posts meant to be just jokes, calling people fat, etc.).

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
If you consider being a supporter of the head coach that led us to the playoffs for the first time in seven years as being a "homer"; then so be it.

But I'm never once asked for a top 10 defense, never once said we'd win a championship or even make it out the 1st round & have always been a realist making it known that we need to upgrade the Center position & some parts of the bench before considering us serious contenders. We need an entire offseason of practice, preseason & time to GEL before taking the next step. I'm far from a homer, but because I support the coach... I guess I'm just that. I've enjoyed this season for what it's worth... The entire year... Which is nothing more than a chance to enjoy the playoffs again.

You gotta understand something about us "fake fans" that arent big supporters of MDA.....we DONT expect a Top 10 D or a Title or even to win a series this year.....personally if we force a game 7 that would be over achieving in my book.

The problem we have with MDA (or atleast most of us) is that he hasnt ever given anyone a reason to think he is EVER capable of getting this team in the top 10 in defense, which is obviously extremly important in winning a title. I havent seen anyone say they expect him to do it this year, I really dont know where you are getting that from but if you have seen that then please post the link here and by all means call out that poster because that is a ridiculous expectation of this team at the moment. If you cant find a post where someone said they expect a top 10 D THIS season, they I dont know why you constantly call people out for something that has never been said.

As for calling other posters out for not being "real" fans because we dont believe in MDA, thats just ignorant. Its quite obvious that we want the best for OUR team, and if we dont believe MDA is the right coach for this team or the right coach to EVENTUALLY get us to be a top 10 D and a true title contender, then how would that make us "fake fans"?

Trust me, I want nothing more than to be wrong about MDA and show myself, as well as the other 98% of Knicks fans who dont believe in him, that he is capable of the above. I want this team to be a true contender some day, and if I feel that they need to make some changes in personal whether it is the HC or players or the GM I will have no problem voicing my opinion, how that doesnt make me a "real" fan because I dont blindly follow I will never understand.....

jimkcchief88

All Star
Don't know what the hubbub is about, I kinda like the post-game threads, especially after a win!!! I make pre-game threads every now and again when I have chance to post but the game thread isn't up yet. What's the difference?? When I'm stuck at work like tonight(though I followed the end of the game on gamecast) this saves me reading through an entire game thread to find out what happened. We allow so many personal attacks and non hoops talk here at least this is on topic. We all should really stop arguing like little b****** and revel in the fact our KNICKS are in the playoffs instead of eating our own...

As for the game, I like the point production and balanced scoring including Toney D and the rest of the bench. Speaking of "point," I am really liking our rotation at PG. Kinda reminds me of the Charlie Ward and Greg Anthony days. We have two vets that can make good decisions and score when needed and a young "Microwave" type that can get you quick points off the bench. I think we are set at point.

I agree with the point of needing to "get big" down low and could use a banger. "Giraffe" should be filling this role, but he still thinks he's at IU and has a green light. Who lied to him??? But a player like a this can be easily obtained and I think this squad is about complete.

Lovin my Knicks right now and think whoever draws us in the playoffs( u wanna talk about playoffs??) is gonna be really pissed. Our point production, though against bad teams, is telling me these guys are getting on the same page fast. I've mostly stayed outta the "fire D'ant" brigade because my biggest problem with D'ant was Gallo. Seems the "divorce" is doing player/coach good. If we can manage to put any kind of defense with a high powered offense: watch out!!! I for one am willing to give it a chance after the Steph debacle and subsequent seven year drought from the playoffs. We were celebrating in Chiefsland winning the division and returning to the playoffs after 10 wins in three years....

And if there is a vote on the post-game thread, I say keep 'em. We all watch the post-game shows on tv ( esp. Charles and Kenny and the "gone fishin" segment) so what's the difference??? Its like a "Hot Tub Time Machine" up in here with our boys back in the playoffs so I say lighten up and enjoy. This team is about to make some big noise in the playoffs!!!!

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
After the win tonight combined with the 76ers losing to Boston, we are now only a half game out of the 6th seed and are playing Philly tommorrow night for a chance to take the 6th back from them.

Cant wait for that game, I would love to move up to 6th in the East, but what I really want is to play Miami in the 1st round. I like the matchup as they dont have great size down low and there bench is nothing special. Should be a entertaining matchup with plenty of star power against an old rival.

If we get Boston then so be it, either way we should put up a good fight and we are FINALLY back in the playoffs....something ALL Knicks fans should be pumped about regardless of what we agree or disagree about. :peace:

Not totally out of the question for Miami to drop to 3rd. Celtics and Miami also had 1 more meeting against each other I hear.. I'll be hoping for Boston to win that one for sure.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see why we need more than ONE thread for ONE game. All the talk should go in once place. All the other post game threads are 3-4 pages long with nothing about the game just personal issues of what KFFQ thinks about what the others think on the other thread. This is just silly. I'm not even going to merge these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.