Official Trade Rumors Thread

mafra

Legend
A part of me always knew Phil JAX would come back to the Knicks and I would have to witness his HOF career sputter out with a whimper... And those pangs of fruitlessness would resound with all those wails of woe bc it would only remind me of those wretched spring nights all throughout the 90s.... And the broken remote controls and upset evenings spent pouting instead of partying.

But... Seriously... It's comical to me if people hold angst, anger, and ire for the meta-PHIL-iCal JAX... The mess we are currently in now is due to the half-assed management philosophy of that old fart wheeling himself around on his Arrogance, wrapped in a neckbrace.

If Donnie Walsh did his job... If he didn't try to appease Dantoni, the fans, whomever... And he dedicated to rebuilding (the right and only way) and avoided the temptation to stay somewhat competitive, in order to be remotely relevant... The Knicks would be title contenders today.

Was planning to clear space to make a run at Lebron wise? Sure. Why not. But to put all the eggs in the 1 basket? To strip the team of its most valuable assets (Randolph, Lee, and Crawford) for absolutely nothing... To simply aNd charitably give them away for nothing... Makes me sick still...

Then, again, to have 1 foot in the future and 1 foot in the delusional present... Like we could stomach a 28-win season but 21 wins would've been unbearable?!?

We should have a backcourt of Russell Westbrook and Steph Curry right now. The only reason we don't is bc we had to appease that SSOL crowd who wanted to play vets like Harrington, Hughes and David Lee.

If we lose 4 more games each of those seasons... We are sitting pretty right now.

So... Sure... Having PJ act like he is the Buddha of BBall is hard to swallow... But at least he won us 2 titles playing for the great NYK team in the 1970s. It's Walsh who should be blamed! He is the reason we still toil in mediocrity.

paris401

Starter
It's Walsh who should be blamed! He is the reason we still toil in mediocrity.

unless u were in the 'inner-circle' of MSG, you don't know for sure who's fault it is ... you can surmise all you want that it was walsh, or dolan, or a combo, but you (or me) will never know for sure...

now the ball is in Jackson's hands.. (or is it) ... lets see if he can pull a rabbit out of his hat... if I had to grade him in mid contract, he wouldn't get a passing grade....

tiger0330

Legend
Latest cap space projection is 92M for next season. Knicks have 68.7M in committed salary if AA and DWill pick up their options. Leaves us with 23.3M in cap space somewhat short of a max contract for KD, his max contract will be ~27.6M. I was listening to a podcast with Bondy of the News and he said maybe the Knicks should wait until next off-season when they have Calderon, AA and DWill coming off the books to spend it on FA's then.

Latest cap space projection is 92M for next season. Knicks have 68.7M in committed salary if AA and DWill pick up their options. Leaves us with 23.3M in cap space somewhat short of a max contract for KD, his max contract will be ~27.6M. I was listening to a podcast with Bondy of the News and he said maybe the Knicks should wait until next off-season when they have Calderon, AA and DWill coming off the books to spend it on FA's then.

Yeah, this likely explains why the internet rumors say that we are so actively trying to move Calderon and O'Quinn for expiring contracts. I just don't think we are in play for Durant at all this offseason and not sure who else we would be looking at offering a max contract, so I think it is a moot point. Still, if by some miracle, PJ can move Calderon's contract, more power to him.

I could have actually foreseen a scenario where Derrick Williams would try free agency again this offseason with how he has played at times this season. Now, with Rambis likely to completely kill his minutes, I don't know if that will make Derrick Williams more or less likely to seek a contract elsewhere for next season.

Anyone have ESPN Insider? I just saw a headline on the ESPN New York front page that they ranked every NBA player by trade value and it says Porzingis is #9 on the list. I'd be interested in how they justify that.

Broadway

All Star
Here we go

Remember I said teams ahead of us would be the most active because they have more at stake to protect their current positions. Thus making them stronger either short term or possibly long term, making it more difficult at any possibility of catching them.

tiger0330

Legend
Here we go

Remember I said teams ahead of us would be the most active because they have more at stake to protect their current positions. Thus making them stronger either short term or possibly long term, making it more difficult at any possibility of catching them.
More coming out about that trade because it didn't make sense to get Lee for all those assets. 3 team deal, Miami sending Birdman and 2 second round picks to Memphis to get Brian Roberts. With MKG being out for the rest of the season, Hornets needed help so they got Lee and got rid of PJ Hairston who was a problem child, I remember the Hornets game when Clifford chewed him out I guess that wasn't the first time and why they benched him lately.

tiger0330

Legend
Most interesting part of this deal for me is what it may do to each team's 1st round pick. This trade may open things up for Hezonja in Orlando, but it may get in the way for Stanley Johnson's playing time in Detroit.
SVG will probably play him at the 4 and take Ilyasova's minutes.

Tiago Spitter is out for the season with an injury. I wonder if the Hawks would be interested in Rolo for Teague?

Although I don't completely understand it, it seems like Atlanta is looking to dismantle not augment their current roster. I don't think they'd want to take on Robin Lopez's contract unless we gave them one or two other significant assets, which we don't really have.

Kiyaman

Legend
Although I don't completely understand it, it seems like Atlanta is looking to dismantle not augment their current roster. I don't think they'd want to take on Robin Lopez's contract unless we gave them one or two other significant assets, which we don't really have.

Rolo is a keeper .. if Fisher wouldve gave Rolo playing time in the 4th qtr. we would not have a 1-11 record in our last 12 games. Im no longer interested in getting scoring-players that know nothing about defense .. I would take a chance on trading Afflalo to Clippers for crazy SG Lance Stevenson defensive technique.

Rolo is a keeper .. if Fisher wouldve gave Rolo playing time in the 4th qtr. we would not have a 1-11 record in our last 12 games. Im no longer interested in getting scoring-players that know nothing about defense .. I would take a chance on trading Afflalo to Clippers for crazy SG Lance Stevenson defensive technique.

I know his career has essentially imploded since leaving Indiana, but yeah, I still kind of find Lance Stephenson intriguing. Young, crazy athletic, just plain crazy guy. It sounds like his agent might move heavy and earth this offseason to get him back with his old teammates in Indiana to save his career. Not sure Pacers are interested though.

Based on internet rumors, Celtics are showing how hard it is to put yourself over the top. They currently stand at 32 - 23 and the #3 seed in the East. They have Brooklyn's potentially very good 1st first round pick in the upcoming draft, plus several other assets to burn. Problem is, they only want to burn those assets to get themselves an NBA elite player like Blake Griffin. They don't want to burn those assets, according to the rumors, to get someone like Horford or Love. Unfortunately, Clippers don't sound like they want to move Griffin at all.

In the end, even when it looks like you are in the perfect position to strike, you maybe need a GM who happens to be a good buddy of your GM to give you the star for the assets a la Kevin McHale in the Kevin Garnett trade.

With 12 hours to go until the trade deadline, internet sources continue to insist Houston looking to be the most aggressive before the deadline.

They continue to be linked to a Ty Lawson for Trey Burke deal with the Jazz and a very genuine effort to get Dwight Howard out of town if anyone makes them a decent offer.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup wid the Big Boys being on the trading-block today!
Which ones will be traded?

1- Dwight Howard ?
2- Al Horford ?
3- Gasol ?
4- Love ?
5- Jeff Teague ?
6- Boston willing to trade the 14-40 Brooklyn Nets 2016 pick ?

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks receiving interest for Willy Hernangomez rights
Hernangomez is currently playing with Real Madrid

The New York Knicks are receiving interest in one of their few assets, the rights to Willy Hernangomez, a source told Sportando. Several teams are calling to check avalaibility on Hernangomez rights, the Knicks are very high on the Spanish kid but their lack of assets may force them to move him in a trade, the source added.

Knicks would love to move Jose Calderon but his contract is not getting interest unless New York sweetens the deal with something more and the rights to Hernagomez may be useful in this situation. Hernangomez has another year of contract with Real Madrid but the Spanish team knows that they may lose the kid during the off-season.

Broadway

All Star
Lots of small deals getting done with teams getting good value back for what they're giving up. Probably anywhere to 5-6 more deals get done before the hour expires. May update later if someone else doesn't and when I do I will make some comparisons to what Phil has done with similar type assets.

Latest reports as of now the Knicks aren't doing/can't get anything done and 99% chance we won't. Other teams are making moves though.