Phil Jackson Knows Who He Wants To Draft

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Really? These statements are misleading:

They had talent, we don't have talent? If you can't admit that Melo is talented then what are you watching the game for? Sure you may not like him and you can find fault in anyone's game but let's not get crazy. And whatever talent these teams had it obviously wasn't enough until they acquired high 1st round picks. And they did it by tanking nonetheless. Its just the way it is. The sooner you understand that the sooner you'll be able to accurately assess teams and their rosters. They had talent...smh

And according to you if a team isn't successfully constructed in their past they're doomed forever. That's incorrect. Sounds good though but wrong. Please don't let your emotions cloud your judgement. And again there are plenty of other teams you could root for. No one is holding a gun to your head and begging you to be a fan.

Those series of moves are currently in progress but I guess you think they happen overnight. They don't.

Sure you can bitch all you want but we can all tell if your bitching is legitimate or you're just a hater that wants to see us fail thus reveling in our struggles to which I don't appreciate. We know if/when you have a real reason to be emo and with us having a Star, and a few weeks away from possibly the highest draft pick in decades, being on the cusp of positive change you can't call yourself a real fan if that's why you're bitching. Sorry you seem fake and transparent. At least if you were holding a grudge from the past you'd still wait and see after the dust clears. But you and others come off as haters...maybe closet haters but anti - Knick nonetheless.

there is a huge difference is the level of Talent on the knicks and just about every single team in the NBA.. I honestly believe we have the worst collection of talent in the NBA.. Classic example. The wolves finished with a worse record than the knicks, but they have 3 young guys who are better than any young player on this roster... Ruibo, Dieng and of course wiggins, and this doesn't count the other young talent they have..

Talent is relative, the knicks have talent, but in relation to the talent around the league, the knicks have a huge problem..

I am not saying once you are bad you are doomed, but you are doomed when you keep making the same mistakes.. and phil had the chance to change the culture of this team, that was when carmelo opted out. and he didn't, and on top of that gave the fool a no trade clause.. I am sorry, but moves like this will doom you for the foreseeable future..

and yes carmelo is a "talent", but with his one dimensional game and lack of other skills, add in his ridiculous salary, and you start to question, what kind of talent you have? how is this talent going to help me make it to the finals.. and that question has haunted carmelo for years.. I think knick fans and carmelo know the answer deep down, just too stubborn to admit it.

call me what you want. But I have waited and the dust has cleared, settled and now it is dusty again, I have no reason other than to believe that when the dust settles again, we will be back in the lottery...

do you not find this troubling. We trade the farm to get carmelo, young talent, picks, cap space..Picks, picks, and more picks.. and 4 years later we are looking at our second lottery. That is a fail... what compounds that is that the savior we hired to clean this mess up, give carmelo a bigger deal with options that will make it easier to fit a basketball through the eye of a needle than to trade carmelo..

Paul1355

All Star
http://theknicksblog.com/knicks/phil-jackson-knows-who-knicks-would-take-no-1/

Sounds like he's leaning for Towns and sounds like he desperately needs another 1st rounder. I'd draft Okafor(no brainer IMO) but I won't be mad if he selects Towns but just Towns won't be enough. The talent is that good and deep in this draft.

He has made the most visits to Kentucky games. If we get the first overall pick we are def drafting Towns. But if we fall to 2nd I am sure Jackson is okay with Okafor. Now if we get 3-6 position it will be interesting. Jackson might trade the pick if we don't land top 2.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks completed the 2014-15 season on Wednesday night with a franchise-record 65th loss!
The Knicks will receive a top-3 draft pick, which should b an easy task to select.
The Knicks will have $25M in cap space to spend on 7 players in the 2015 FA market,
after signing the top-3 pick
The Knicks has $35M in Guaranteed contracts (5) next season.
Projected Cap $66M

RED FLAG ....
The Knicks president Phil Jackson receive a grade F for 2014 offseason moves
plus receive another grade F for 65 losses in 2014-15 regular season games

RED FLAG ....
Should Fisher move Carmelo Anthony to the PF position or SF position in the triangle-offense?
Knicks fans are still unsure about what position to put Carmelo Anthony in (PF or SF) to become winners,
annd thats BAD after watching Melo in New York the last 5 seasons.
What position does Carmelo Anthony play well at PF or SF?

Paul1355

All Star
A lot of posters here are complaining that free agency class isn't good....I think it's better that they are all tier B/C guys since we need to have a full roster and not Melo and one other star...get a 2 guards and a big man in free agency..and draft a big man and we have a whole new starting 5

Kiyaman

Legend
A lot of posters here are complaining that free agency class isn't good....I think it's better that they are all tier B/C guys since we need to have a full roster and not Melo and one other star...get a 2 guards and a big man in free agency..and draft a big man and we have a whole new starting 5

AGREE!
This 2015 FA market will have a lot of good role-players available for a reasonable price.

Why the Knicks are looking to add another MAX salary to the roster in the offseason?
Are these not the same quick-fix foolish Dolan stunts the Knicks been doing the last 15 years!!!!

Greg Monroe is not a star-player or an experience postseason player ..
Why are the Knicks interested in paying an average player max money?
How much money will the Detroit Pistons resign Greg Monroe?

The Knicks need a starter PG, and starter SG from the FA market

Last edited:

CoolClyde

AGREE!
This 2015 FA market will have a lot of good role-players available for a reasonable price.

Why the Knicks are looking to add another MAX salary to the roster in the offseason?
Are these not the same quick-fix foolish Dolan stunts the Knicks been doing the last 15 years!!!!

if you watched the recent Phil Jackson/Steve Mills press conference, and everything Phil Jackson has said this season, you'd know that they are NOT looking to sign a max player. If you paid attention to facts and truths, and not just follow and react to idle gossip from fan forums, and bullsh*tter sportswriters, you'd know that no one in the Knicks org has said anything about signing Greg Monroe to a max contract.

the problem with most sportswriters and fan forums like this and every other one like it, is a majority of know-nothings jumping on anything anyone says as truth when it comes to what the Knicks plans are for the off-season. Phil Jackson has not said much about who or what they plan on signing, all this jibber-jabber about Greg Monroe is reactionary gossip to orange and blue dingleberries waived about as rumors based on speculation.

Paul1355

All Star
AGREE!

I agree that Monroe might not be worth max money but to me he is on the brink of being max level. He averaged 16 ppg with over 10 rebounds and 2 assists per game. And he is only 24 which means he hasn't even hit his peak yet. Plus he is a really good fit as a triangle center with his ability to pass. He is not a center, he is a big PF. Which is why we should draft a legit Center in Okafor or Towns.

I prefer Towns or Cauley Stein because of their defense.

Knicks will most likely sign a guard. It will either be a two way SG or a PG like Reggie Jackson.

I would love for them to draft Russell and sign big men in free agency if we fall to #3 in draft

do you not find this troubling. We trade the farm to get carmelo, young talent, picks, cap space..Picks, picks, and more picks.. and 4 years later we are looking at our second lottery. That is a fail... what compounds that is that the savior we hired to clean this mess up, give carmelo a bigger deal with options that will make it easier to fit a basketball through the eye of a needle than to trade carmelo..
No denying the fail. Carmelo might fail but now there is room to make other moves. Draft a good rookie, get a few free agents.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
No denying the fail. Carmelo might fail but now there is room to make other moves. Draft a good rookie, get a few free agents.

oh yea, there is room to make moves, but it is going to take time because we just don't have the young talent or enough picks.. we gave that up to get carmelo.. which is why being in this position is a fail..

now what the knicks should do, is make moves as if carmelo isn't here. We have carmelo in the media talking about not drafing a "19 year old PG".. I am like really? STFU carmelo!! the knicks should operate as if he isn't on the team.. draft well, draft for the future, not to build around carmelo.. make him as irrelevant as you can, and hopefully he ask for a trade..

It is good to have a high pick and cap space, but not so good if you are going to use those assets to try and build around carmelo. If phil really had complete autonomy , he should have moved on from carmelo and the rebuilding should have started a year ago...

the knicks can get a good player in the draft and they will overpay for some middle tier free agent, but doing so in efforts to build around a declining overpaid player in carmelo is just a fail..

what I hope is that the knicks just luck into a player who ends up being "that guy".... maybe, just maybe then we can start to see a shift away from the carmelo era...

is phil up to the task?

jwhyte30

Rookie
tkf who are your top 5 flyers u like in this years draft and who do u see in the conference finals in the east and west conferences?

Sent from my PantechP9060 using Tapatalk 2

tiger0330

Legend
is phil up to the task?
64 Thousand $$$ question. We'll know by September but imo PJ doesn't have a clue.

I did see where Starbury said he thought Phil was a visionary but coming from Marbury who did or say nothing right when he was a Knick, I don't know if that's the kiss of death for Phil.

Broadway

All Star
64 Thousand $$$ question. We'll know by September but imo PJ doesn't have a clue.

I did see where Starbury said he thought Phil was a visionary but coming from Marbury who did or say nothing right when he was a Knick, I don't know if that's the kiss of death for Phil.

I thought I was good with numbers but where does the $64,000.00 come from?

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
He has made the most visits to Kentucky games. If we get the first overall pick we are def drafting Towns. But if we fall to 2nd I am sure Jackson is okay with Okafor. Now if we get 3-6 position it will be interesting. Jackson might trade the pick if we don't land top 2.

Phil Jackson or any NBA scouts didn't have to go to Duke to see what Okafor had to offer, especially after Okafor's 10th game proving he's the best low-post scoring threat in the NCAA .. averaging 30 minutes a game, shooting 64% fg, 17 pts, 8 rbd, 1 blk. Plus not making any freshmen mistakes ...

Kentucky perfect season grabbed the attention of all the NBA scouts, including Phil Jackson who will receive one of the top-3 picks. Freshmen Towns average 21 minutes a game in coach Calipari system .. is he a top-3 pick?

Kiyaman

Legend
if you watched the recent Phil Jackson/Steve Mills press conference, and everything Phil Jackson has said this season, you'd know that they are NOT looking to sign a max player. If you paid attention to facts and truths, and not just follow and react to idle gossip from fan forums, and bullsh*tter sportswriters, you'd know that no one in the Knicks org has said anything about signing Greg Monroe to a max contract.

the problem with most sportswriters and fan forums like this and every other one like it, is a majority of know-nothings jumping on anything anyone says as truth when it comes to what the Knicks plans are for the off-season. Phil Jackson has not said much about who or what they plan on signing, all this jibber-jabber about Greg Monroe is reactionary gossip to orange and blue dingleberries waived about as rumors based on speculation.

u cant trust Phil Jackson words after last season comment "Im interested in Melo taking a pay-cut".
$124M is not a pay-cut!

There's to much rumor/speculation coming out of NY concerning Phil offering RFA Greg Monroe the max
Whether true or not the articles dont look good for the rebuilding Knicks

Broadway

All Star
Was there any reason for them to shell out contracts like say Orlando did to Ben Gordon and Channing Frye? Was there any reason for them to shell out contracts like Miami Heat and sign players in the mold of Josh McRoberts or Danny Granger? Maybe they should have done what Phx did and signed Isiah Thomas or Sacramento with Darren Collison. Maybe what the Clippers did and signed Spencer Hawes and Big Baby.

They could have done a little better, picked up maybe some quality vets but at what costs? They weren't going to hand out long term deals and justifiably so. Was it any different than what we did a few yrs back and wasted 2yrs away lusting for Lebron that generation changing talent?

I bet Philly changes their tune this summer because they are in the best position they've ever been in to make noise. Towns will change our course no more or less than Okafor would, say Orlando.

But if we traded acquiring another pick walking away with Jerian Grant and Mudiay, that could be game changing right there.

I was so close...