Phil Jackson Knows Who He Wants To Draft

Broadway

All Star
Yeah that's called a comparison. You and your boy are great at making yourself look foolish and silly.

Seems like reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

As your boy would say 'do your research', and stop posting your Knick-hate emo posts.

So what team do you like? We already know it's not the Knicks.

Are you asking if it's impossible to....

Like the Knicks but loathe Carmelo-Phil-Dolan?

Are you the New York Fan Police that attempts to rough em up because of fundamental differences of opinion on what it takes to win TODAY? You wanna forego a pad down, to straight brute force because some don't like Melo and won't drink Phil's water unfiltered?

Let's keep it real New Yorkers have been sold dreams for yrs and for some of us(who could be in the minority group and socially forumed profiled for it) are fed up with forked tongue messages

I mean we have Derek Fisher now selling to the masses we can go from 15wins to 63wins next yr "IF WE WANT TO!" When historically the largest margin of increased wins from one season to another is 42gms. 40gm increase only done 1 and only 3-4 unique teams that have increased wins from the 30-40win range historically.

Ultimately this thread was about drafting and probing what could be in Phil's cabbage...not coming up with warped reasons why free agents would sign here.

Here's a thought for whoever wants back in this thread. If Phil knows who he wants to pick assuming we win the Lottery, I guess that means he won't work anyone else out but that pick. Because what would be the point?

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A

Like the Knicks but loath Carmelo-Phil-Dolan?

Are you the New York Fan Police that attempts to rough em up because of fundamental differences of opinion on what it takes to win TODAY? You wanna forgo a pad down, to straight brute force because some don't like Melo and won't drink Phil's water unfiltered?

Let's keep it real New Yorkers have been sold dreams for yrs and for some of us(who could be in the minority group and socially forumed profiled for it) are fed up with forked tongue messages

I mean we have Derek Fisher now selling to the masses we can go from 15wins to 63wins next yr "IF WE WANT TO!" When historically the largest margin of increased wins from one season to another is 42gms. 40gm increase only done 1 and only 3-4 unique teams that have increased wins from the 30-40win range historically.

Ultimately this thread was about drafting and probing what could be in Phil's cabbage...not coming up with warped reasons why free agents would sign here.

Here's a thought for whoever wants back in this thread. If Phil knows who he wants to pick assuming we win the Lottery, I guess that means he won't work anyone else out but that pick. Because what would be the point?

No, I asked what's your favorite team? There are plenty others to root for instead on trolling a Knick fan forum.

On topic: I'd say here's Phil's big board and the draft order will determine....

Okafor - most polished offensively
Towns - Best all - around
Russell- best pg
WCS- best defender
Mudiay - sg sleeper

I would guess depending on workouts, and after taking a potential FA's temperature (through back channels of course) will help him make his ultimate decision which I'll trust either way.

I won't be surprised at all if he chooses say WCS as per his needing defense statement.

There are always going to be haters. When we won 50 games a few years back they looked stupid and crawled away.

Now that we're rebuilding with some potential those haters are getting their last licks in and that's great because they know what's coming and it disturbs them. I know what's coming so when I read/hear the hate it validates my anticipations.

Red

TYPE-A
Also, for those who believed Phil would turn this mess around this year (considering our forward projections) I'd say that was dumb of you.

When Obama was elected didn't we have to clean up Bush's mess or did he start from scratch w a clean slate? Get real.

Broadway

All Star
Also, for those who believed Phil would turn this mess around this year (considering our forward projections) I'd say that was dumb of you.

When Obama was elected didn't we have to clean up Bush's mess or did he start from scratch w a clean slate? Get real.

No it was smart of anyone to think Phil would land us in the lottery his first season with historic bad results. I'm sure that's what your ilk expected, this was your dream of dreams correct? Keep in mind he fired the coach who gave the franchise it's historic best regular season results.

Broadway

All Star
No, I asked what's your favorite team? There are plenty others to root for instead on trolling a Knick fan forum.

On topic: I'd say here's Phil's big board and the draft order will determine....

Okafor - most polished offensively
Towns - Best all - around
Russell- best pg
WCS- best defender
Mudiay - sg sleeper

I would guess depending on workouts, and after taking a potential FA's temperature (through back channels of course) will help him make his ultimate decision which I'll trust either way.

I won't be surprised at all if he chooses say WCS as per his needing defense statement.

There are always going to be haters. When we won 50 games a few years back they looked stupid and crawled away.

Now that we're rebuilding with some potential those haters are getting their last licks in and that's great because they know what's coming and it disturbs them. I know what's coming so when I read/hear the hate it validates my anticipations.

That's a cop out to push the lover vs hater screenplay. To answer your question...yes it's possible to like this team but feel extremely disappointed in Melo-Phil-Dolan.

I will not hate the pick from Phil whomever he chooses because ultimately we need so much. I have to assume he won't pick a complete bust but if he doesn't manage to get another pick or miss an opportunity to maximize draft position based on situations of circumstance I will be disappointed again. It will be 2 straight drafts of not acquiring additional picks. As of now he has time to make something happen before and/or on draft day.

As to him knowing who he wants to pick there's a slant here to suggest he knows who he wants in a given predicament of if we land at #1 - #2 - #3 - #4.

Here's what I know nots comin, yep I said nots....along with the 6 prime list of free agents we won't be having a 48gm turnaround next yr even "IF WE WANT TO!"

Red

TYPE-A
No it was smart of anyone to think Phil would land us in the lottery his first season with historic bad results. I'm sure that's what your ilk expected, this was your dream of dreams correct? Keep in mind he fired the coach who gave the franchise it's historic best regular season results.

Why expect? Why not wait and see?

I didn't expect anything that's why my panties aren't in a bunch regarding this season.

And Woodson's firing isn't the first time someone successful was replaced. Were you a fan of his or his style?

Woody bit off of Mike Dantoni (see: Knicks lead league in 3pt. Attempts) and a basketball savant like Phil knows better than that. Just as I did, Phil knew it was fools gold / regular season anomaly that may get you to the postseason but not going far as evidenced by the result.

You blame Phil for revamping a failing roster and jettisoning someone like JR who decided to untie a player shoes while his team was shooting free throws, 2times, back to back. Get serious!

We're not playing those type of games anymore. It's Phil's way or the highway.

Red

TYPE-A
That's a cop out to push the lover vs hater screenplay. To answer your question...yes it's possible to like this team but feel extremely disappointed in Melo-Phil-Dolan.

I will not hate the pick from Phil whomever he chooses because ultimately we need so much. I have to assume he won't pick a complete bust but if he doesn't manage to get another pick or miss an opportunity to maximize draft position based on situations of circumstance I will be disappointed again. It will be 2 straight drafts of not acquiring additional picks. As of now he has time to make something happen before and/or on draft day.

As to him knowing who he wants to pick there's a slant here to suggest he knows who he wants in a given predicament of if we land at #1 - #2 - #3 - #4.

Here's what I know nots comin, yep I said nots....along with the 6 prime list of free agents we won't be having a 48gm turnaround next yr even "IF WE WANT TO!"
That wasn't my question that was your own. Smh

Best case scenario for next season is that we're back in the mix for one of those low playoff spots that goes to sub 0.500 teams in the East every year. Man, that trade costing us next year's 1st round pick is such a bummer.

Red

TYPE-A
Best case scenario for next season is that we're back in the mix for one of those low playoff spots that goes to sub 0.500 teams in the East every year. Man, that trade costing us next year's 1st round pick is such a bummer.

So your guess is we'll be a sub .500 playoff team next year? I disagree but can respect that. Let's see if your opinion changes come October.

Besides LBJ or perhaps PG13, what other SF is better than Melo in the East in your opinion?

Tkf

Benchwarmer
I get the criticism of Melo, but of all players, why use Korver as an example? The dude got an all-star spot and he is averaging 12 points on 49% shooting with 4 boards and 2.5 assists per game. Melo averaged 27 points on 45% shooting with 8 boards and 3 assists last season and everyone still said he sucks.

On top of everything else, Korver is 3 years older than Melo and until the last year or so he was often criticized for his poor defense. Where is anyone getting that he has this history of being a hard working, blue collar hero?

Seriously, I'm disgusted with Melo too after this season, but people exaggerate the greatness of every other player in the league when they want to tear him down.

well korver was just not picked out of thin air. we were talking about the Hawks. RED seems to think teams like the hawks are in dire need of a chucker like carmelo, when they are on the verge of having the second best record in the NBA with the likes of kyle korver and demarre carrol starting.

way to often we get caught up in these big names that are really empty stat players.. carmelo is one of them. I will tell you this, give me any two players off the hawks starting lineup, one of them being korver and replace carmelo with them on this team, not only will we be better but we will have saved a ton of money.

Knock korver all you want, but he was on a historic pace this year at what he does. He is one of the main reasons why the hawks are on the verge of winning 60 games, and in the end that is all that matters.... not carmelo worship, not having this need for carmelo to be a savior, which he is not.. if anything him forcing his way here, has hurt this franchise over the year leading into the future..

lets not get sidetracked with Korver here, I could have used Demarre carrol as well, the point is, the notion that many knicks fans have, that TEAMS need carmelo, that we need carmelo, is grossly overstated and just not true. Red made it seem as if the hawks were missing out by not having carmelo in place of what they have right now..

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Yeah that's called a comparison. You and your boy are great at making yourself look foolish and silly.

As your boy would say 'do your research', and stop posting your Knick-hate emo posts.

ok so it is a comparison and guess what it still holds true. Korver is better at what he does than carmelo is at what he does, whatever that is, but aren't you the same guy that just compared carmelo to wade, dirk, ginobili, etc?
oh, i forgot to add... LMAO!!

You hold carmelo in such high regard.. some of us don't share that opinion. I would glady take kyle korver on this team, and pack carmelo bags for him and tell that bum to get the hell off my team!!!

Broadway

All Star
Why expect? Why not wait and see?

I didn't expect anything that's why my panties aren't in a bunch regarding this season.

And Woodson's firing isn't the first time someone successful was replaced. Were you a fan of his or his style?

Woody bit off of Mike Dantoni (see: Knicks lead league in 3pt. Attempts) and a basketball savant like Phil knows better than that. Just as I did, Phil knew it was fools gold / regular season anomaly that may get you to the postseason but not going far as evidenced by the result.

You blame Phil for revamping a failing roster and jettisoning someone like JR who decided to untie a player shoes while his team was shooting free throws, 2times, back to back. Get serious!

We're not playing those type of games anymore. It's Phil's way or the highway.

I disliked D'Antoni's style and coaching for many different reasons, 3pt chucking was just 1 of many particulars. But Phil wanted to hire Kerr and Kerr has achieved great regular season results. Kerr turned Phil down for many reasons, a guy who was once a GM. He's done Phil's job before, Phil hasn't done his. Do you take the field against GSW and ATL? I do believe it won't be a breeze for either team but both teams have a legit shot to win it all. What's clearly flawed about them, that will lead to a demise?

The triangle is not really implemented leaguewide by most teams, but other systems are. Pop and Carlisle run factions of it but the core and meat and potatoes is based on basic principles, according to desired roster makeup. Pop also runs factions of D'Antoni's system so there you go. Are you going to attempt to split hairs over who system you think Pop uses more?

I blame Phil for not striking while the iron was hot, devaluing assets, taking on bad-unnecessary contracts.

OH AND FAILING ON PLAN A!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Tkf

Benchwarmer

I like the NBA. and why that is relevant, I don't know. so if I said I like the knicks, would you agree with my statements?

if not, then move on, you are getting whipped here... lets not talk research you brought no facts to the table.

Just carmelo love.... that won't cut it..

Tkf

Benchwarmer

Like the Knicks but loath Carmelo-Phil-Dolan?

Are you the New York Fan Police that attempts to rough em up because of fundamental differences of opinion on what it takes to win TODAY? You wanna forgo a pad down, to straight brute force because some don't like Melo and won't drink Phil's water unfiltered?

great post, I guess the question should be, what team does red like, because he seems to be in love with the three guys who are slowly destroying this franchise.. two for sure.. carmelo and dolan, Phil, I just think is in over his head as an exec and 60 mil was just too hard to pass up.. LOL.

As a knick fan, I loathe, dolan and carmelo equally, I do so because they are destroying this franchise. Yet we have the fan police questioning what teams we like because,we won't tolerate years of horrible decisions by this owner and years of lackluster play by the over price bums he has put on the floor...

Broadway

All Star
That wasn't my question that was your own. Smh

I like the Knicks

I never will like Carmelo because I never liked the Carmelo who smacked Mardy Collins in the face like a fairy. He's the same all about me, won't take any responsibility for failure.... but make sure I'm paid d-bag because I'm an Underrated Super Star. He just wears our jersey. I don't like what Phil sold in the summer to what he produced in the spring.

Would you like it if we replaced Dolan with Sterling?

Tkf

Benchwarmer

let me ask you this question. first of all that seems like a realistic but very low expectation of this franchise that has spent a ton of assets and money on carmelo, and now fisher and Phil. I never heard of a team making such a franchise altering trade just to be in position a few years later, after re-upping the moron they traded for, to make lottery 3 years in a row. Two of those years having no pick in the first round. I would call this an epic failure and nothing short of a complete enema will do... and I have include phil. he has been here long enough and really has not demonstrated that he has a real plan.

we are in the position we are in now not by design, but by awful planning and a lack of assessment skills or this front office....

The east is getting tougher, I have a feeling the knicks will be a lottery team again.. this time no pick..

tiger0330

Legend
.500??? I'm with DFish, 63 wins and an NBA finals appearance. :)

What is it he's smoking and that season ticket holders event with PJ and Mills was company propaganda. Those two better come through this off-season.

PJ saying defense wins championships so why did he fork over 120M to Melo if he wanted defense.

Last edited:

Tkf

Benchwarmer
So your guess is we'll be a sub .500 playoff team next year? I disagree but can respect that. Let's see if your opinion changes come October.

Besides LBJ or perhaps PG13, what other SF is better than Melo in the East in your opinion?

I don't understand that question, because the key is, what players are going to be better than what we have as a whole. Honestly I get it you love carmelo.. But why is it that you refuse to accurate asses the rest of the east? we get that you love phil, fisher and carmelo.. but what about the rest of the east, because the east is getting better, the leauge is getting better. you are so focused on carmelo being better than player X or player Y, that you fail to realize that has not translated to wins.

honestly I am shocked you rated paul george and lebron ahead of carmelo. I would think you would have carmelo ahead lebron, harden, westbrook, davis, paul, by at least a mile.... just saying..

Broadway

All Star

Probably right I'll have us doubling our win output compared to this year. Somewhere 30ish win total, the league is younger and better and this will continue next year.

Teams who will improve next year along with us

Boston/Philly/Orlando/Bucks/Pacers

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
well korver was just not picked out of thin air. we were talking about the Hawks. RED seems to think teams like the hawks are in dire need of a chucker like carmelo, when they are on the verge of having the second best record in the NBA with the likes of kyle korver and demarre carrol starting.

way to often we get caught up in these big names that are really empty stat players.. carmelo is one of them. I will tell you this, give me any two players off the hawks starting lineup, one of them being korver and replace carmelo with them on this team, not only will we be better but we will have saved a ton of money.

Knock korver all you want, but he was on a historic pace this year at what he does. He is one of the main reasons why the hawks are on the verge of winning 60 games, and in the end that is all that matters.... not carmelo worship, not having this need for carmelo to be a savior, which he is not.. if anything him forcing his way here, has hurt this franchise over the year leading into the future..

lets not get sidetracked with Korver here, I could have used Demarre carrol as well, the point is, the notion that many knicks fans have, that TEAMS need carmelo, that we need carmelo, is grossly overstated and just not true. Red made it seem as if the hawks were missing out by not having carmelo in place of what they have right now..

Regular season records are just that; regular season records. I know better than to put too much stock in that.

And to clarify "needing Melo":

According to my analysis championship teams in the NBA have the following:

Top 10 defense
At least 1 offensive superstar (whom I deem a knockdown shooter aka Melo or Dirk, etc)
Depth
Player (s) who out perform their rookie scale contract (which obviously means high output for low cost)
A solid coach / system

And ATL just doesn't add up. Period.