Phil Jackson Knows Who He Wants To Draft

Red

TYPE-A
ok so it is a comparison and guess what it still holds true. Korver is better at what he does than carmelo is at what he does, whatever that is, but aren't you the same guy that just compared carmelo to wade, dirk, ginobili, etc?
oh, i forgot to add... LMAO!!

You hold carmelo in such high regard.. some of us don't share that opinion. I would glady take kyle korver on this team, and pack carmelo bags for him and tell that bum to get the hell off my team!!!

I put Melo in the same category as Wade etc... which is superstar.
And since my memory is so good I'll remind you when he and Korver meet up Melo is going to abuse him in the effortless manner I'm abusing you.
You look silly trying to convince us that your comparisons are valid.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
I like the NBA. and why that is relevant, I don't know. so if I said I like the knicks, would you agree with my statements?

if not, then move on, you are getting whipped here... lets not talk research you brought no facts to the table.

Just carmelo love.... that won't cut it..

Oh you like the NBA huh? Yeah how bold of you.

Red

TYPE-A
great post, I guess the question should be, what team does red like, because he seems to be in love with the three guys who are slowly destroying this franchise.. two for sure.. carmelo and dolan, Phil, I just think is in over his head as an exec and 60 mil was just too hard to pass up.. LOL.

As a knick fan, I loathe, dolan and carmelo equally, I do so because they are destroying this franchise. Yet we have the fan police questioning what teams we like because,we won't tolerate years of horrible decisions by this owner and years of lackluster play by the over price bums he has put on the floor...

If you think Dolan is selling the Knicks sometime soon you're delusional.Get over it.

Where did you see me say I loved anyone. Stop, you're getting desperate.

Red

TYPE-A
I don't understand that question, because the key is, what players are going to be better than what we have as a whole. Honestly I get it you love carmelo.. But why is it that you refuse to accurate asses the rest of the east? we get that you love phil, fisher and carmelo.. but what about the rest of the east, because the east is getting better, the leauge is getting better. you are so focused on carmelo being better than player X or player Y, that you fail to realize that has not translated to wins.

honestly I am shocked you rated paul george and lebron ahead of carmelo. I would think you would have carmelo ahead lebron, harden, westbrook, davis, paul, by at least a mile.... just saying..

Because weak people like you always make assumptions. I asked what players at his position you thought were better in the East and now you don't comprehend?

I guess you're assuming no one will notice how stupid and elusive you are. Your forum respect level is plummeting. No assumptions.

Red

TYPE-A
I like the Knicks

I never will like Carmelo because I never liked the Carmelo who smacked Mardy Collins in the face like a fairy. He's the same all about me, won't take any responsibility for failure.... but make sure I'm paid d-bag because I'm an Underrated Super Star. He just wears our jersey. I don't like what Phil sold in the summer to what he produced in the spring.

Would you like it if we replaced Dolan with Sterling?

No you don't. Stop lying.

Red

TYPE-A
let me ask you this question. first of all that seems like a realistic but very low expectation of this franchise that has spent a ton of assets and money on carmelo, and now fisher and Phil. I never heard of a team making such a franchise altering trade just to be in position a few years later, after re-upping the moron they traded for, to make lottery 3 years in a row. Two of those years having no pick in the first round. I would call this an epic failure and nothing short of a complete enema will do... and I have include phil. he has been here long enough and really has not demonstrated that he has a real plan.

we are in the position we are in now not by design, but by awful planning and a lack of assessment skills or this front office....

The east is getting tougher, I have a feeling the knicks will be a lottery team again.. this time no pick..

Word?

So if we consider:

SA, MIA, DAL, BOS, & LA

All recent champions that contain what? High first round picks! Wow. Think their fans are bitching like you? Nope. Just you bc you have yet to figure things out. Just subscribe to my posts and maybe you'll learn something.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
PS

All you fake ass knick fans should also know I picked CLE v SA in the finals....
And that was before the trades and winning streak.

That NBA regular / post season amnesia is a bitch. That's how people lose their money; they don't consider the historic results. They bet with their hearts and ego and not their minds.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
I disliked D'Antoni's style and coaching for many different reasons, 3pt chucking was just 1 of many particulars. But Phil wanted to hire Kerr and Kerr has achieved great regular season results. Kerr turned Phil down for many reasons, a guy who was once a GM. He's done Phil's job before, Phil hasn't done his. Do you take the field against GSW and ATL? I do believe it won't be a breeze for either team but both teams have a legit shot to win it all. What's clearly flawed about them, that will lead to a demise?

The triangle is not really implemented leaguewide by most teams, but other systems are. Pop and Carlisle run factions of it but the core and meat and potatoes is based on basic principles, according to desired roster makeup. Pop also runs factions of D'Antoni's system so there you go. Are you going to attempt to split hairs over who system you think Pop uses more?

I blame Phil for not striking while the iron was hot, devaluing assets, taking on bad-unnecessary contracts.

OH AND FAILING ON PLAN A!!!!!!!!!
Yes I'll take the field. I'm not a bandwagon jumper.

And Kerr inherited a good team, he didn't put that together. Only credit he gets is riding the wave that Mark Jackson perpetuated.

It took balls to pick a better team huh?

And the system isn't as important as approach. Although Pop may use a few spread pick & roles as many do his teams don't approach the game by making up for missed two posters with shooting threes. And he instills discipline and defense. His approach is fundamental as is Phils. He gets his bigs high percentage shots and stresses things like rebounding and so does Phil.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
All you fake ass knick fans should also know I picked CLE v SA in the finals....
And that was before the trades and winning streak.

That NBA regular / post season amnesia is a bitch. That's how people lose their money; they don't consider the historic results. They bet with their hearts and ego and not their minds.

How did u know Phil Jackson were going to give the mediocre Lebron Cavs the assets to make it pass the first round?
Well, I hope Phil does the same for the $124M Melo Lottery Knicks next season.

Red

TYPE-A
How did u know Phil Jackson were going to give the mediocre Lebron Cavs the assets to make it pass the first round?
Well, I hope Phil does the same for the $124M Melo Lottery Knicks next season.

I didn't. I did anticipate LBJ being in the finals again just by pairing w Irving and Love because that's how the NBA works.

Speaking of, do you think CAVS fans are bitching by getting MULTIPLE 1st round 1st overall picks? Nope.
So knick fans being disgruntled is just stupid. Even the great OKC got them. It's just the winning formula. Better to be very bad than mediocre in the NBA.

The NBA ain't rigged but it's damn sure skewed.

Broadway

All Star
Yes I'll take the field. I'm not a bandwagon jumper.

And Kerr inherited a good team, he didn't put that together. Only credit he gets is riding the wave that Mark Jackson perpetuated.

It took balls to pick a better team huh?

And the system isn't as important as approach. Although Pop may use a few spread pick & roles as many do his teams don't approach the game by making up for missed two posters with shooting threes. And he instills discipline and defense. His approach is fundamental as is Phils. He gets his bigs high percentage shots and stresses things like rebounding and so does Phil.

Nope...Kerr kept it REAL as will free agents

Red

TYPE-A
Nope...Kerr kept it REAL as will free agents

No doubt. We'll put more money on the table than any other team and the opportunity to pair with a superstar+ and they'll sign.

And guess what.. if they don't we'll keep it moving.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Word?

So if we consider:

SA, MIA, DAL, BOS, & LA

All recent champions that contain what? High first round picks! Wow. Think their fans are bitching like you? Nope. Just you bc you have yet to figure things out. Just subscribe to my posts and maybe you'll learn something.

SURE, those teams had multiple high picks.. but they also had talent on those teams.. Knicks don't have the talent and we don't have consecutive years of high picks.

we are nothing like those franchises, mistake number one. resigning carmelo... how do you recover from that..

here is a lesson for homer fans like yourself. In order to build a winner, you do need picks, but you also need to make a series of smart moves.. this is where the knicks have and keep failing at.. recovery time for bad, high priced moves can kill a franchise, especially when you consistently make such bad moves..

you act like knick fans don't have a right to bitch. I mean jeez, we only have been the model of incompetence for the last 15 years, sans the walsh era, and even he made some mistakes.. although less than others...

Tkf

Benchwarmer
I didn't. I did anticipate LBJ being in the finals again just by pairing w Irving and Love because that's how the NBA works.

Speaking of, do you think CAVS fans are bitching by getting MULTIPLE 1st round 1st overall picks? Nope.
So knick fans being disgruntled is just stupid. Even the great OKC got them. It's just the winning formula. Better to be very bad than mediocre in the NBA.

The NBA ain't rigged but it's damn sure skewed.
what you are missing is that the cavs didn't get those picks after trading a ton of assets for some fake superstar, giving him a max deal and ending back up in the lottery with a franchise worst record!! That is a FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red

TYPE-A
SURE, those teams had multiple high picks.. but they also had talent on those teams.. Knicks don't have the talent and we don't have consecutive years of high picks.

we are nothing like those franchises, mistake number one. resigning carmelo... how do you recover from that..

here is a lesson for homer fans like yourself. In order to build a winner, you do need picks, but you also need to make a series of smart moves.. this is where the knicks have and keep failing at.. recovery time for bad, high priced moves can kill a franchise, especially when you consistently make such bad moves..

you act like knick fans don't have a right to bitch. I mean jeez, we only have been the model of incompetence for the last 15 years, sans the walsh era, and even he made some mistakes.. although less than others...

Really? These statements are misleading:

They had talent, we don't have talent? If you can't admit that Melo is talented then what are you watching the game for? Sure you may not like him and you can find fault in anyone's game but let's not get crazy. And whatever talent these teams had it obviously wasn't enough until they acquired high 1st round picks. And they did it by tanking nonetheless. Its just the way it is. The sooner you understand that the sooner you'll be able to accurately assess teams and their rosters. They had talent...smh

And according to you if a team isn't successfully constructed in their past they're doomed forever. That's incorrect. Sounds good though but wrong. Please don't let your emotions cloud your judgement. And again there are plenty of other teams you could root for. No one is holding a gun to your head and begging you to be a fan.

Those series of moves are currently in progress but I guess you think they happen overnight. They don't.

Sure you can bitch all you want but we can all tell if your bitching is legitimate or you're just a hater that wants to see us fail thus reveling in our struggles to which I don't appreciate. We know if/when you have a real reason to be emo and with us having a Star, and a few weeks away from possibly the highest draft pick in decades, being on the cusp of positive change you can't call yourself a real fan if that's why you're bitching. Sorry you seem fake and transparent. At least if you were holding a grudge from the past you'd still wait and see after the dust clears. But you and others come off as haters...maybe closet haters but anti - Knick nonetheless.

Broadway

All Star
Really? These statements are misleading:

They had talent, we don't have talent? If you can't admit that Melo is talented then what are you watching the game for? Sure you may not like him and you can find fault in anyone's game but let's not get crazy. And whatever talent these teams had it obviously wasn't enough until they acquired high 1st round picks. And they did it by tanking nonetheless. Its just the way it is. The sooner you understand that the sooner you'll be able to accurately assess teams and their rosters. They had talent...smh

And according to you if a team isn't successfully constructed in their past they're doomed forever. That's incorrect. Sounds good though but wrong. Please don't let your emotions cloud your judgement. And again there are plenty of other teams you could root for. No one is holding a gun to your head and begging you to be a fan.

Those series of moves are currently in progress but I guess you think they happen overnight. They don't.

Sure you can bitch all you want but we can all tell if your bitching is legitimate or you're just a hater that wants to see us fail thus reveling in our struggles to which I don't appreciate. We know if/when you have a real reason to be emo and with us having a Star, and a few weeks away from possibly the highest draft pick in decades, being on the cusp of positive change you can't call yourself a real fan if that's why you're bitching. Sorry you seem fake and transparent. At least if you were holding a grudge from the past you'd still wait and see after the dust clears. But you and others come off as haters...maybe closet haters but anti - Knick nonetheless.

Drummond/Jackson/Pope/Jennings are better collective talents than "A Melo"

Detroit will also have a 1st round draft pick

"Wait & See" goes the other way too. One can't claim we're going to be good just because. We have been here before with Cap Space and Lottery Talent running concurrent or close enough together.

Red

TYPE-A
I have one question: If you could go back in time... to the draft when both Al Horford & J-Noah came out from Florida... who do you take? Point is: best case scenario for the triangle offense is to sign Greg Monroe and then draft Willie Cauley-Stein. WCS is Noah, he can guard all 5 positions, he's a upperclassman, most athletic-defensive 7-footer IN A LONG TIME.

We don't know how long it might take for Towns or Okafor to become superior players, but we do know WCS steps in day-1 and improves the defense.

Tough call. Is it possible to trade back to 5-8 and get an asset (extra pick or player) and still get WCS? I would be fine with that. WCS + asset over Towns/Okafor.

Now, if it came down to Towns or Okafor... you have to go Towns. Okafor is most talented post player since Hakeem. He's further along as a freshman than Duncan... But, he takes possessions off on defense and is a 50% FT shooter. Towns, the NJ native, is much better on defense and is a much better shooter. He can hit his FT and can even stroke it from downtown.

-local product
-impacts game on defense with shot blocking
-good FT shooter

I agree about WCS. I got dudes saying he's better than Noah.

But I think about Monroe.... you heard Mills say they're going hard and quick and will move on if a player doesn't make a quick decision so who knows? I mean I'm sure they have their big board but the possibilities are too vast right now. We don't know what pick we have; dudes have options, etc... The best case scenario is obviously we get #1-4 and multiple FA'S are interested and the playoffs can sway dudes ya know?

Red

TYPE-A
Drummond/Jackson/Pope/Jennings are better collective talents than "A Melo"

Detroit will also have a 1st round draft pick

"Wait & See" goes the other way too. One can't claim we're going to be good just because. We have been here before with Cap Space and Lottery Talent running concurrent or close enough together.

1. I'm not comparing "collective talents" with one person. It's an irrelevant straw argument.

2. One can claim we're going to be good based on their projections and observations. But I never said anything in terms of predicting our success forward. That's just illogical while we have 4 players signed through next year and a star on the mend. Again if you do have a problem when a fan is hopeful that means to me you're not one. Sorry.

More teams fail than are successful. So when I read or hear a poster/fan anticipate negative results I can't really respect that. The odds say you're probably right. It doesn't take a genius to think a team will fail if we consider that 29 teams fail every year.

It does however take a fan, someone who is passionate for their team to think otherwise. What are you?

Finally, to state historical outcomes as some sort of valid predictor of future success is illogical and wreaks of a hater to me. One has nothing to do with the other.

I'd bet you'd be critical of any success from this team be it minor or major. Just admit, in terms of success your guess is as good as mines; in terms of hope we seem diametrically opposed.

Broadway

All Star
1. I'm not comparing "collective talents" with one person. It's an irrelevant straw argument.

2. One can claim we're going to be good based on their projections and observations. But I never said anything in terms of predicting our success forward. That's just illogical while we have 4 players signed through next year and a star on the mend. Again if you do have a problem when a fan is hopeful that means to me you're not one. Sorry.

More teams fail than are successful. So when I read or hear a poster/fan anticipate negative results I can't really respect that. The odds say you're probably right. It doesn't take a genius to think a team will fail if we consider that 29 teams fail every year.

It does however take a fan, someone who is passionate for their team to think otherwise. What are you?

Finally, to state historical outcomes as some sort of valid predictor of future success is illogical and wreaks of a hater to me. One has nothing to do with the other.

I'd bet you'd be critical of any success from this team be it minor or major. Just admit, in terms of success your guess is as good as mines; in terms of hope we seem diametrically opposed.

It's not a straw argument. It's one you don't like because you failed to comprehend that the word "TALENT" when applied to a team is not always to be taken in a "SINGULAR" sense of understanding.

It was quite clear what TKF was getting at when he stated if Monroe leaves the "TALENT" in Detroit to come here, what his primary agenda more than likely is. Talking us up while not ruling out Detroit is more evidence of this

There's nothing out out of the ordinary for someone to think this team may not make good decisions that could cost us going forward based on previous data/history. Or for things not to work out, no matter how good the intentions are.

We hope we get it right but we doubt it based on past and current circumstances. We're not looking at just our own situation in a vacuum either. It's measured abroad the competition.

You did the same just several post ago for the Spurs an aging team that can't win forever yet you have them being relevant for the next few yrs to come....HOW DID YOU ARRIVE AT THIS CONCLUSION? Based on their past history and current rate of success right?

Conversely just look how hard it is for some teams to be successful or fall short of it, with players delivering Herculean performances. As for us we're building with some good materials(and limitations) on a very shaky foundation. The team you root for doesn't earn the right to be good based on your hope alone, they do it by going out and executing a plan to near perfection having a solid foundation of integrity, principles, and at times needing a little fortune to coming their way.

There are other teams who have similar situations as ours going forward and unless something drastically changes from now til then our curve to improve is going to come slowly.