Randolph for 1st round pic from T-Wolves.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._randolph_for_pick_deal_in_place_with_wolves/
Looks like walsh is ready to make that push for melo. He's trading randolph for a 1st round pic. I like the trade just because he's just sitting on our bench and the wolves should get a top 5 pick. Problem is he wants to send that pic to denver. Trade will probably go down like this:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=38vj97g
Melo going to New York for Gallo, Fields, 1st rounder, and Curry.

This is great and all but we'll have a gap at the SG and I'm guessing chandler would have to play the position. It'll end up being

Ray Felt
Chandler
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

Douglas, Williams, Walker, and Mozgov off the bench. Problems here are there's no depth and all our cap space is full.

If we don't trade for melo, I think we're much better off.
We'd have a top 5 pick from the wolves and loads of cap space. Not to mention fields, gallo, amare, chandler, and felton. We can pick up someone else if melo decides to sign with the nets. If he doesn't we can have a amazing team by signing him. Who knows what's about to go down.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
I pull the trigger on this right away. Why not he is rotting on our bench and our coach wont play him. Even if the carmelo trade doesnt work out we have a top 5 pick to use in the offseason. I take the pic for a guy we cant wait around for.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._randolph_for_pick_deal_in_place_with_wolves/
Looks like walsh is ready to make that push for melo. He's trading randolph for a 1st round pic. I like the trade just because he's just sitting on our bench and the wolves should get a top 5 pick. Problem is he wants to send that pic to denver. Trade will probably go down like this:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=38vj97g
Melo going to New York for Gallo, Fields, 1st rounder, and Curry.

This is great and all but we'll have a gap at the SG and I'm guessing chandler would have to play the position. It'll end up being

Ray Felt
Chandler
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

Douglas, Williams, Walker, and Mozgov off the bench. Problems here are there's no depth and all our cap space is full.

We'd have a top 5 pick from the wolves and loads of cap space. Not to mention fields, gallo, amare, chandler, and felton. We can pick up someone else if melo decides to sign with the nets. If he doesn't we can have a amazing team by signing him. Who knows what's about to go down.

Best believe D'antoni is sending Chandler rather than Gallo, He has to prove himself right. I love Will, like we all do. But Den is def gonna want him and Fields. Gallo needs one more summer to get his game together. It's his midrange and pull up game that needs improving. With Melo and Stat, there is a lesser need for him to develop a post game. But right now he is spot up 3, and drive to the basket. No middle game. Hopefully this summer brings that.

Wargames

Starter
it would be cool if we got a back up PG in this deal as well maybe we send them our second round and they send us telfair in the deal.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Just do it already!

I too agree that Donnie won't send Gallo. He has a strong need to be proved right w regards to that pick. Gallo is close to being a real impact player like Chandler anyway.

Chandler goes to Denver.

tiger0330

Legend
2 of the 3 of Landry, Will or Gallo plus the Twolves 1st is very competitive with any Nets offer I've heard of. We still need a big but I really wasn't impressed by the list of guys in Crazy8's thread, give me Melo over guys like Gasol, Pryzbilla, Dalembert etc any day.

Walsh needs to get Randolph for Telfair plus a pick done and Melo should be playing in NY next month.

petescud

Starter
I don't mind Gallo/Fields/Curry and 1st rounder. Most of the other scenarios adding Chandler just seems like too much to me. Melo just to me doesn't make up that many players to me. I thought the closer we got to Feb the better we'd make out, instead of Denver. How come we never luck out

la2ny

Starter
It'll end up being

Ray Felt
Chandler
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

We don't have depth now so essentially it would just be gallo or chandler + fields for Melo because Curry and Randolph don't play. Thats pretty much the same team to me. If he does do this move getting telfair would be nice too. Only thing after that would satisfy people would be a backup big so why cant we get one in free agency for cheap? We were going to have to anyhow. Try Greg Oden for cheap on a non gauranteed. Dalembert, Pryz, etc. for the minimum? Just saying it's not the end of the season or the world if we do this. Hell this could put us into the 2nd round or Conference Finals talk w/o anymore moves.

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
I really think we're gonna milk this out until the deadline if Am'are hasn't already Melo, " look bro, come here as a FA this summer and it'll be much better, we won't have to break up the foundation we laid this year and adding a guy like you would put us back at the top. Come do this with me"

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He's not playing.

He's not a center.

Get the pick.

Get a center using the pick.

Maintain flexibility.

Hit the free agency pool: Barbosa is one player of note. Gasol, Dalembert (for very, very cheap)

Can someone enlighten me on centers in the upcoming draft? I don't do college hoops.

la2ny

Starter
He's not playing.

He's not a center.

Get the pick.

Get a center using the pick.

Maintain flexibility.

Hit the free agency pool: Barbosa is one player of note. Gasol, Dalembert (for very, very cheap)

Can someone enlighten me on centers in the upcoming draft? I don't do college hoops.
One potential prospect could be Renardo Sidney from Missisippi State though he has a bad rap. Also theres a big from Pitt who's big and wide, forgot his name though.

Maybe we can get Jimmer Fredette. He can play backup pg plus the guy can flatout shoot. Dropped 47 on Utah two days ago. 32 in the 1st half.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Do this deal.

We get the first rounder from the T-Wolves, trade Chandler + First Rounder + Curry + Walker + Fields and have Carmelo in a Knicks uniform by the All-Star Break.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
lets do this deal regardless if we get Melo or not, 2 first round picks would fill 2 needs going into the offseason on top of the C we add in FA( gasol, or Jordan )

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i believe its the grizzlies first rounder ( 13th ) cause i doubt they would give us the 3 pick loll. either way the 13th pick is a great pick we could land a decent player with upside( Granger was a 17th pick ) if the nuggets get greedy forget em and we will have 2 picks in the top 20, Chandler Gallo and Fields for the future, and sign a legit starting C we'll be in amazing shape

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
i believe its the grizzlies first rounder ( 13th ) cause i doubt they would give us the 3 pick loll. either way the 13th pick is a great pick we could land a decent player with upside( Granger was a 17th pick ) if the nuggets get greedy forget em and we will have 2 picks in the top 20, Chandler Gallo and Fields for the future, and sign a legit starting C we'll be in amazing shape

All the draft "experts" say this draft class is extremely weak. So how much stock does the 13th pick have? Has anyone researced about the draft? I haven't, just read some articles and all of it is very very negative.